Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188030 Apr 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
Part 2

That's not the main goal. There is a byproduct of sexual relations between men and women, they're called children. Marriage serves as societies mean of connecting men, and women, with not only each other, but with what ever children they may have. Its not simply about the adults. If sex didn't make babies, why would it matter who married who, are even recognize marriage at all? Why prohibit blood relatives from marrying?
So what are you implying here, as a reason to disallow Same Sex marriage?

That the ability or intent to have children is somehow a requirement for a marriage?.... because you know that has already been discussed, here, and in the courts, and you know how that went.

People that donít have the ability or intent to have children are and always have been allowed to marry, it has never ever been a requirement in any way shape or from, and so has no place in a discussion about same sex couples.

I donít care about divorce or annulment, that requires a party in the marriage to desire a divorce or annulment, that can be achieved for no reason at all. We are talking about 2 people that want to marry, where is the law that says that if they do not have the ability or intent to have children, they are not allowed to, even though they both want to.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#188031 Apr 10, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree in part,( although you will disagree with how I agree ) there should be no difference, benefits and recognitions should all be applied equally regardless of the orientation of the marriage.
Agreed, as long as the husbnd AND wife, regardless of their self identified sexual orientation, are present, marriage laws should be applied equally.
I never liked the term ďAfrican AmericanĒ for example, they are Americans... period,
I always found it puzzling for the need to hypenate every racial grouping, except for those of European descent. I'm the grandson of southern Italian immigrants, and yet I'm refered to as white. But if a person has a Spanish sounding sir name, regardless of how many generations they are removed for the ethnic land of origin, they are refered to as hispanic. So a person whose great great geat grandarents were from, say Mexico, is called "Hispanic" or "Latino" (Italians are latins too), yet a grandson of southern Italian immigrants, is called "white". Go figure.
Same with Homosexuals, they are married, not same sex marriage or homosexual marriage... it is just a marriage... period, same rights and benefits, no qualifier needed.
Hmmmmm...not quite...close maybe....we both know that. Its still a same sex marriage. If there's two men/women on the license, it an SSM.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#188032 Apr 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>Hundreds? WOW! I was a sailor for years and doubt if I broke 100. Maybe. But I forgot.
I had sexy with 17 I'm a week to win a bet in college.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188033 Apr 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, as long as the husbnd AND wife, regardless of their self identified sexual orientation, are present, marriage laws should be applied equally.
<quoted text>
I always found it puzzling for the need to hypenate every racial grouping, except for those of European descent. I'm the grandson of southern Italian immigrants, and yet I'm refered to as white. But if a person has a Spanish sounding sir name, regardless of how many generations they are removed for the ethnic land of origin, they are refered to as hispanic. So a person whose great great geat grandarents were from, say Mexico, is called "Hispanic" or "Latino" (Italians are latins too), yet a grandson of southern Italian immigrants, is called "white". Go figure.
<quoted text>
Hmmmmm...not quite...close maybe....we both know that. Its still a same sex marriage. If there's two men/women on the license, it an SSM.
I too am mixed, I am told that I have just barely enough American Indian in me to move to a reservation ( LOL ) but you would never know it to look at me, light brown ( was blond when a child ) hair and blue eyes. I have quite a bit of Scandinavian, and no small amount of German in my blood

But I am not an American Indian/Scandinavian/German-Ame rican.... Im just an American.

I think we are not doing the right thing putting the qualifiers in there, African American or Mexican American... we are just Americans, which has nothing to do with Race, Creed, Color, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National Origin.

If we are ever going to erase bigotry we will stop qualifying different groups all together.

If I meet a married couple, they are a married couple, I donít care if they are black, white red or purple with orange polka dots, I donít care if they are the same or different colors, or opposite sex, same sex or what have you, they are a just a married couple. I donít need to pre-judge anyone based on such qualifiers, I take each person as they come.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188034 Apr 10, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I had sexy with 17 I'm a week to win a bet in college.
You stud! I always had to work at it, not being a handsome man I had to do a lot of smooth talking. And I did and it worked. Thankfully women aren't as shallow as we are, they could see my inner beauty. Like Big D does!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188035 Apr 10, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So what are you implying here, as a reason to disallow Same Sex marriage?
That the ability or intent to have children is somehow a requirement for a marriage?.... because you know that has already been discussed, here, and in the courts, and you know how that went.
People that donít have the ability or intent to have children are and always have been allowed to marry, it has never ever been a requirement in any way shape or from, and so has no place in a discussion about same sex couples.
I donít care about divorce or annulment, that requires a party in the marriage to desire a divorce or annulment, that can be achieved for no reason at all. We are talking about 2 people that want to marry, where is the law that says that if they do not have the ability or intent to have children, they are not allowed to, even though they both want to.
I really don't think anyone here has claimed that procreation is a requirement for marriage. You are creating a straw man.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188036 Apr 10, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I too am mixed, I am told that I have just barely enough American Indian in me to move to a reservation ( LOL ) but you would never know it to look at me, light brown ( was blond when a child ) hair and blue eyes. I have quite a bit of Scandinavian, and no small amount of German in my blood
But I am not an American Indian/Scandinavian/German-Ame rican.... Im just an American.
I think we are not doing the right thing putting the qualifiers in there, African American or Mexican American... we are just Americans, which has nothing to do with Race, Creed, Color, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National Origin.
If we are ever going to erase bigotry we will stop qualifying different groups all together.
If I meet a married couple, they are a married couple, I donít care if they are black, white red or purple with orange polka dots, I donít care if they are the same or different colors, or opposite sex, same sex or what have you, they are a just a married couple. I donít need to pre-judge anyone based on such qualifiers, I take each person as they come.
Purple with orange polka dots? Oy.
DougiesKIND

Covina, CA

#188037 Apr 10, 2013
If you want to see what kind of trash build homes in Glendora, California 91741 then follow this link.

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2013/04/art_lov...

Since: Apr 13

Bellevue, WA

#188038 Apr 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
no one cares if your an ignorant bigot... that was your choice
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188039 Apr 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting you say that, I happen to work with a same sex legally married couple, one of them is referred to as the husband and I was introduced to her wife.

They have twin daughters that are biologically the husbands and an unknown donor ( artificial insemination ), however they have said they want to do the same for the wife as well at some point ( twins are a handful )

so.. yeah no problem, to me, they are just a married couple, regardless

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#188040 Apr 10, 2013
poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>no one cares if your an ignorant bigot... that was your choice
Sounds like you're a Italiaphobe.
tenn chicken choke

AOL

#188042 Apr 10, 2013
KINGSPORT, TN (WJHL)- former Mount Carmel Vice-Mayor William Blakely, exposed himself while driving. News Channel 11 had the only reporter in court for Thursday's preliminary hearing in Kingsport.

"I was scared that I was gonna wreck, he was gonna cause me to wreck," witness Deborah Sturgill said.

"It seems that every victim would tell the same story. But I knew all the victims did not know each other," Kingsport Police Detective Terry Christian said.

Personal accounts in Thursday's testimonies started the same - Blakely allegedly waving to get the drivers' attention, then escalating to honking and partially crossing over into the drivers lane.

Each witness testified they were fearful Blakely's driving would cause an accident.

"He was taking his hand, wetting his mouth, and masturbating," Sturgill said.

"At over 90 miles per hour, he had his penis out [the window]... he was masturbating... and that's when it got really, really bad. I wouldn't look over any more, and I wrote his tag number down on my hand, which I believe he noticed, and he exited very quickly," Street said.

Bellevue, WA

#188043 Apr 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you're a Italiaphobe.
no i'm a dumbazzaphobe
Anonymous

Waltham, MA

#188044 Apr 10, 2013
poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>no one cares if your an ignorant bigot... that was your choice
you're nasty!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#188045 Apr 10, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting you say that, I happen to work with a same sex legally married couple, one of them is referred to as the husband and I was introduced to her wife.
She must be one of the hybrid models, like a gas/electric car.:)
They have twin daughters that are biologically the husbands and an unknown donor ( artificial insemination ), however they have said they want to do the same for the wife as well at some point ( twins are a handful )
So the husband gave birth to the twins? Think of the movie rights....must be worth a small fortune.
so.. yeah no problem, to me, they are just a married couple, regardless
So does the husband have an innie or an outie?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#188046 Apr 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
So if homosexuality is not a mental disorder,
Are ALL your opinions 40 years out of date, or just the ones about gays?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#188047 Apr 10, 2013
poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>no i'm a dumbazzaphobe
You sound like the type who calls Italians, wops, dagos, or greasers. So I guess that makes you the bigot.

Bellevue, WA

#188048 Apr 10, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>you're nasty!
is it disel perfume for you today mixed with marlboro smoke... that oughta get your redneck brother fiance excited eeh
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188049 Apr 10, 2013
poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>no i'm a dumbazzaphobe
Someone thinks this post is "brilliant".
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188050 Apr 10, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Are ALL your opinions 40 years out of date, or just the ones about gays?
Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts, however mean spirited, irrelevant and dumb.

Remember! There are no dumb posts! Only dumb posters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 24 min JOEL 71,217
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Tue Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web