Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
163,681 - 163,700 of 200,581 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Apr 13

Seattle, WA

#187296 Apr 7, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>well I guess I would rather smell like the hunky marlboro man than smell like limberger cheese wrapped in a sandwich bag that was sitting in the sun for about a week. Go wash that sleeve its hanging so low its catching the dirt off the floor of the strip club!
or maybe you just role around in old truck motor oil so your redneck fiance will get excited

Seattle, WA

#187297 Apr 7, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>well I guess I would rather smell like the hunky marlboro man than smell like limberger cheese wrapped in a sandwich bag that was sitting in the sun for about a week. Go wash that sleeve its hanging so low its catching the dirt off the floor of the strip club!
Honey my vag lips don't hang like yours... its all that smoke and used truck oil you use

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#187298 Apr 7, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Ij never said it was a choice, its a mental disorder
In my 54 laps around the sun I have made some observations.
There are no normal people, that is something that only exists in a text book. People are all strange and quirky, some are more tolerable and some are just plain ol' PITAs. Yet something like homosexuality isn't a mental disorder at all. They eat, sleep, play, and work just like the rest of us. They experience all the same emotions we experience, they just aren't attracted to the opposite sex in a romantic fashion. Ain't no big thang.
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#187300 Apr 7, 2013
Sparkle_Lilith wrote:
<quoted text>Oh your referring to christianity... totally agree that is a mental disorder
Are you the same Lilith from the baby killing threads? Why is it so unreasonable to accept you are a sinner, and humble yourself to the teachings of Jesus Christ, regardless whether you accept him as the son of God? All he wants is for us to love one another, treat each other with respect, to be patient, kind, and peaceful. So you show up and build bridges by insulting those trying to be better humans by at least acknowledging and working to be like him?
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#187301 Apr 7, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what about couples that can't reproduce they shouldn't be allowed to be married? People shouldn't be allowed to use condoms or birth control. That's what you are saying its all about sex and reproducing?? So women are like the bitches at a puppy farm?
Says you!

Seattle, WA

#187302 Apr 7, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you the same Lilith from the baby killing threads? Why is it so unreasonable to accept you are a sinner, and humble yourself to the teachings of Jesus Christ, regardless whether you accept him as the son of God? All he wants is for us to love one another, treat each other with respect, to be patient, kind, and peaceful. So you show up and build bridges by insulting those trying to be better humans by at least acknowledging and working to be like him?
look I respect your right to live the mythical superstition lifestyle in your own home in the closet away from children... but sorry we don't pass laws that limit freedoms of others just so you can be a talibangelical.... Sorry

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#187303 Apr 7, 2013
Tired wrote:
Gays will get there way because people are tired of winning for America then having some judge over turn it. We are a declining country and its just a matter of time before we go under. Im personally to beat up to give a darn anymore.
Ever since the invention of electricity, this country has been in a downward spiral. The Amish have it right, I tell you.

Seattle, WA

#187304 Apr 7, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
yes I have had several abortions.... thanks and its my body and my right to choose... not yours

Seattle, WA

#187305 Apr 7, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
but don't worry I would hang with your jesus.... but sorry my standard trick rate of $150 an hour would still apply... not even the son of god rides for free

Seattle, WA

#187306 Apr 7, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever since the invention of electricity, this country has been in a downward spiral. The Amish have it right, I tell you.
so go join them

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#187307 Apr 7, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what about couples that can't reproduce they shouldn't be allowed to be married?
Ya blew right past what I wrote, even though I sense you understood my point. Let's see what I wrote:

"Other wise why would it matter who married who. C'mon Jared, think about it. Marriage, not individual ones, but the institution is about the sexes, what they do, have sex, and what that sex creates, little Jareds. That's why blood relatives, other than first cousins, are barred from marrying"

Why not address what I actually wrote?
People shouldn't be allowed to use condoms or birth control. That's what you are saying its all about sex and reproducing?? So women are like the bitches at a puppy farm?
Hellllloooooo....McFly....WHY DOES MARRIAGE EXIST....see what you've made me do....IN THE FIRST PLACE?!!!!

Why does it matter who marries who, or who can't marry who?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#187308 Apr 7, 2013
poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>look I respect your right to live the mythical superstition lifestyle in your own home in the closet away from children... but sorry we don't pass laws that limit freedoms of others just so you can be a talibangelical.... Sorry
"Limit freedom of others"? Huh? Please clarify? I would think absence of gov't regulation in one's private life is real freedom.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#187309 Apr 7, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Ya blew right past what I wrote, even though I sense you understood my point. Let's see what I wrote:

"Other wise why would it matter who married who. C'mon Jared, think about it. Marriage, not individual ones, but the institution is about the sexes, what they do, have sex, and what that sex creates, little Jareds. That's why blood relatives, other than first cousins, are barred from marrying"

Why not address what I actually wrote?

[QUOTE]
People shouldn't be allowed to use condoms or birth control. That's what you are saying its all about sex and reproducing?? So women are like the bitches at a puppy farm? "

Hellllloooooo....McFly....WHY DOES MARRIAGE EXIST....see what you've made me do....IN THE FIRST PLACE?!!!!

Why does it matter who marries who, or who can't marry who?
In this society here in the USA many marriages exist for the rights and benefits that come with it. I know many straight couples that have no intention to have children but do want marriage.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#187310 Apr 7, 2013
Tired wrote:
Gays will get there way because people are tired of winning for America then having some judge over turn it. We are a declining country and its just a matter of time before we go under. Im personally to beat up to give a darn anymore.
I know a lot of people feeling that way.

I'm just pissed off enough to keep shoving reality in their faces come hell or high water.

Mocking their stupidity and exposing their lies kind of takes the fun out of it for them.

Smirk.

Seattle, WA

#187311 Apr 7, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"Limit freedom of others"? Huh? Please clarify? I would think absence of gov't regulation in one's private life is real freedom.
Your right... funny you fight to add restrictions then ... Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhh!!!

Location hidden

#187312 Apr 7, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what about couples that can't reproduce they shouldn't be allowed to be married? People shouldn't be allowed to use condoms or birth control. That's what you are saying its all about sex and reproducing?? So women are like the bitches at a puppy farm?
By your logic, because the government doesn't require procreation or sex, anyone who doesn't procreate or have sex is qualified for marriage.

What else doesn't the government require for marriage?

Snicker smile.

Location hidden

#187313 Apr 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is just another grab at freedom, gays used to be able to cohabit without fear of suit for breach of promise. Same sex marriage forces government to treat marriage as if mother and father or husband and wife are disposable. It harms everyone including singles.
There are more important issues, like gays not being able to march in Moscow or survival in other countries.
Stop the hate.
Just another grab at freedom? What is wrong with that? The fears center around things like HIPAA regulations, end of life decisions, inheritance, and over 1000 other little tidbits that a stroke of a pen would give to homosexual couples. Face it, some families aren't accepting of their children's orientation and take it out on their mates when the child is dead or getting there.

Location hidden

#187314 Apr 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A duplicated redumbant half is better that a mom and dad? Do you have ANY common sense?
Which of your parents would you eliminate?
Idiot.
Smile.
K-Mart, your reading and comprehension is a bit off tonight. We've heard your ramblings about same sex marriage, but the post you quoted was about polygamy. So there'd be no elimination of any parent. Not that same sex marriage does that either. If a couple has a child and then divorces, does the child necessarily lose a parent? Nope.

Anyway, we were talking polygamy. So the kid would have two dads and a mom, or two moms and a dad. No deficiency, just a bonus parent. Ain't that great?

Who were you calling an idiot? Must have been yourself as I know how you feel about ad hominem attacks and name calling. Goes right along with your silly claim that you're a chimera, lesbian trapped in a man's body, and a monster mutation. You should've picked just one of 'em instead of going overboard. Are you siamese quintuplets too?

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#187315 Apr 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>By your logic, because the government doesn't require procreation or sex, anyone who doesn't procreate or have sex is qualified for marriage.

What else doesn't the government require for marriage?

Snicker smile.
Is your view that couples that don't procreate aren't in real marriages?

Location hidden

#187316 Apr 7, 2013
poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>Ya suuuure... that's why I here so much about you religous types rejecting service to divorced people...
lying azz piece of sh!t
You hear wrong honey. I've set up work days, day care, legal help, and fixed cars for divorced parents. I've cried with gone to court with and walked day and night with numerous people going through divorce. I've listened to little girls tell me they don't want a 'new' dad. Don't tell me I'm lazy. And I'm just one of many who have done the same thing.

That is just one of countless things hundreds of Churches do in every single community around this world every single day. They disagree with calling ss couples married and sexual immorality, and you entirely condemn them? We've put our money, time and life where our mouth is. Not to earn your approval, but out of grateful hearts and the hope we've found in our struggles.

You might try it sometime.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 34 min JOEL 68,967
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 7 hr Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 16 hr Tank ever 7,926
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... 23 hr JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Thu Money 1
Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) Tue Plain Simple 16
MONTEREY HERALD LOSS monterey bay, monterey cit... Aug 26 roensoledad 2
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••