Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,179

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#187058 Apr 6, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what this topic is about. Once again if you want to start another topic do so.
This is a perfectly good marriage equality thread.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#187059 Apr 6, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah lesbians rock? You wouldn't be saying that if you seen the lesbian I seen today. Good God she looked like a man. Walking out of auto zone with a quart of oil to put in her trashy GMC jimmy. I thought it was a man until I seen her flappy boobies hanging to her knees througgh her wife beater. She had a mullet and everything, nasty looking woman she was. The lesbians you like are the young hot college girls who are experimenting. Actual lesbians are ugly, stinky and gross!
Yeah.........."the young hot college girls who are experimenting.". Those ones.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#187060 Apr 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>This is a perfectly good marriage equality thread.
Like your comments are on topic flippy.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#187061 Apr 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a perfectly good marriage equality thread.
There's nothing wrong with it, at all, is there?
Enrico Salvatore Rizzo

Union City, CA

#187062 Apr 6, 2013
poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>loooooser biatch my last time doing cocaine was my teens on 42nd street in new york... as a metter of fact it was my year and a half in bayview womens detention center for prostitution, assaualt and battery of a police officer and cocaine possessioin that ended that sh!t
I know enough to know that that great big, dumb cowboy crap of yours don't appeal to nobody except every jockey on 42nd Street.

You're pickin' trade up on the street like that. That's nowhere. I mean, you gotta get yourself some kind of management. You need my friend O'Daniel. He operates the biggest stable in town, in fact, in the whole god-damned Metropolitan area.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#187063 Apr 6, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing wrong with it, at all, is there?
No, I like it fine. Why would I want to start another?

They get so silly like that.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#187064 Apr 6, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like your comments are on topic flippy.
The topic is marriage equality, which includes ALL marriages, even ones you don't approve of.

I notice you don't tell Rose_NoHo the topic is not who should have been aborted, or dogs eating cat sh!t. She's not off topic but poly MARRIAGE is?

Hope that helps flash.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#187065 Apr 6, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Teehee, I don't live in a trailer! I live in a duplex outside of town in the woods. Beautiful scenery. I have a nice creek that runs out back too. Excellent trout fishing. I don't get crap for signal but that's okay, it's better than living in town or even a city for that matter. Peace and quiet, I watch deer come up through my backyard I love it! There's nothing better than the country:) And in a few months me and my fiance are buying 20 acres of this beautifully wooded land and we are going to put a manufactured home on it. Not the kind you are thinking of either this one costs 80k. Its more like a house but it can be moved. Very convenient. Country people out here ain't at all how you percieve them to be. I'm a NEW york country girl. Not a louisiana or arkansas country girl. They DO NOT HAVE TEETH AND MOST ARE FAT! There is a difference believe it or not. I have all my teeth and their perfect:)maybe I'll post my picture so you all can look at it and weap!
Is that house coming in big sections hauled on flatbeds, being lifted into place by crane, and then nailed or lag bolted together? Or did it come in on wheels attached to the dwelling under the middle and being towed with a hitch that was also attached to the underpinnings?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#187066 Apr 6, 2013
<quoted text>
If it is telecast, broadcast, or on the radio, then it is wrong, to me, to use these media to serve oneself. Church is a personal matter, and it is subject to small congregations. I also abhor churches panhandling. Nope, no "ick' factor. I answered you about hating gay women as much as the men, I told you you that I hated none. But I hold men and women equal, so my irritation at "coming out" is equal to both genders. I think that you have gotten the issue a bit muddled, because this question: "Why does it bother you so much to hear about gay people who believe that they have been wronged by the social, religious, and political system?" seems to infer that there is no difference between "coming out" and having a political agenda. Do you believe that they are one and the same?
Just as any other minority group, there is a political aspect to our community.

In our state, Tennessee, we have a senator, Stacey Campfield, who unabashedly believes that homosexuals are people who have a mental disorder. He believes it should be illegal for the word "gay" to even be mentioned in schools. He believes that gay kids should be outed to their parents by school counselors. In fact, his "Don't Say Gay" bill would have required a counselor to contact a kid/teen's parents if that kid/teen came to the counselor to discuss feelings of same-gender attraction.

Also, in our state, we have attempted to have "sexual orientation" added to the list of those kids who are most at risk of being bullied at school. It dies every time it comes before our legislators.

In the state of Alabama, there is a law still on the books (even though folks have been unsuccessfully trying to get it removed) that mandates sex-education teachers inform students that homosexual activity is illegal and not supported by most people.

I don't have room on this page to list all of the state laws and policies that do not provide protections and rights to LGBT people.

In my state it is still absolutely legal for my boss to come to my desk on Monday and say, "____ we saw on your facebook page that you are homosexual. We believe that this lifestyle in not congruent with the mission of this agency, so you're fired." And there's nothing I can do about it. There are not federal laws; no state laws.

And we're not the only minority who has faced this kind of discrimination. The Irish immigrants, the Italian immigrants, the Jewish Immigrants; all experienced severe discrimination in housing and work in the early part of the 20th century.

As a result, you will see the Irish parading in larger cities during St. Patrick's Day. You'll see the Italians parading on Columbus day. You'll see National Puerto Rican Day parades in various towns.

Many immigrants tried to hide their heritage when they came to this country in the early part of the 20th century by changing their names. In essence, they became closeted.

These groups banded together and became political powerhouses. They made changes to laws. They became involved in politics. They openly ran using their rightful names.

My ex, who was a third generation Russian Jew was given a Christian name to help make his life better.

Gays come out of the closet for similar reasons. We're not going to be shamed or held back by politicians and other groups who hold ignorant and intolerant beliefs.

Hope this helps to shed some light on the political issues that many gay people face in America today.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#187067 Apr 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I like it fine. Why would I want to start another?
They get so silly like that.
Maybe, they should talk to O'Daniel?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#187068 Apr 6, 2013
Pf@ggs s*ck, but Lesbians rock.
:-D
This is the kind of shit that makes it impossible to have a conversation.

In one post you claim to have no "ick factor" when it comes to gay men. But here, you say something entirely different; not to mention insulting.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#187069 Apr 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The topic is marriage equality, which includes ALL marriages, even ones you don't approve of.
I notice you don't tell Rose_NoHo the topic is not who should have been aborted, or dogs eating cat sh!t. She's not off topic but poly MARRIAGE is?
Hope that helps flash.
I wonder why they don't tell Chongo that, when he is off-topic so much of the time? You don't suppose that they are biased, do you?

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#187070 Apr 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>The topic is marriage equality, which includes ALL marriages, even ones you don't approve of.

Hope that helps flash.
This topic is same sex marriage read the headline of the topic.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#187071 Apr 6, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as any other minority group, there is a political aspect to our community.
In our state, Tennessee, we have a senator, Stacey Campfield, who unabashedly believes that homosexuals are people who have a mental disorder. He believes it should be illegal for the word "gay" to even be mentioned in schools. He believes that gay kids should be outed to their parents by school counselors. In fact, his "Don't Say Gay" bill would have required a counselor to contact a kid/teen's parents if that kid/teen came to the counselor to discuss feelings of same-gender attraction.
Also, in our state, we have attempted to have "sexual orientation" added to the list of those kids who are most at risk of being bullied at school. It dies every time it comes before our legislators.
In the state of Alabama, there is a law still on the books (even though folks have been unsuccessfully trying to get it removed) that mandates sex-education teachers inform students that homosexual activity is illegal and not supported by most people.
I don't have room on this page to list all of the state laws and policies that do not provide protections and rights to LGBT people.
In my state it is still absolutely legal for my boss to come to my desk on Monday and say, "____ we saw on your facebook page that you are homosexual. We believe that this lifestyle in not congruent with the mission of this agency, so you're fired." And there's nothing I can do about it. There are not federal laws; no state laws.
And we're not the only minority who has faced this kind of discrimination. The Irish immigrants, the Italian immigrants, the Jewish Immigrants; all experienced severe discrimination in housing and work in the early part of the 20th century.
As a result, you will see the Irish parading in larger cities during St. Patrick's Day. You'll see the Italians parading on Columbus day. You'll see National Puerto Rican Day parades in various towns.
Many immigrants tried to hide their heritage when they came to this country in the early part of the 20th century by changing their names. In essence, they became closeted.
These groups banded together and became political powerhouses. They made changes to laws. They became involved in politics. They openly ran using their rightful names.
My ex, who was a third generation Russian Jew was given a Christian name to help make his life better.
Gays come out of the closet for similar reasons. We're not going to be shamed or held back by politicians and other groups who hold ignorant and intolerant beliefs.
Hope this helps to shed some light on the political issues that many gay people face in America today.
To be honest, was that a "Yes" or a "NO"?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#187072 Apr 6, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the kind of shit that makes it impossible to have a conversation.
In one post you claim to have no "ick factor" when it comes to gay men. But here, you say something entirely different; not to mention insulting.
I was making a "funny". Are you that sensitive?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#187073 Apr 6, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, why don't you tell Chongo that?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#187074 Apr 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Maybe, they should talk to O'Daniel?
Yes. I have a feeling Mr. O Daniel will be out tonight!
Mr O Daniel

Union City, CA

#187075 Apr 6, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've prayed on the streets. I've prayed in the saloons. I've prayed in the toilets. It don't matter where, so long as He gets that prayer.

You're beautiful boy! I'm gonna use ya. I'm gonna run you ragged...You and me can have fun together. It doesn't have to be joyless.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#187076 Apr 6, 2013
If, by some paradox of the space/time continuum, I ever got into a fight with myself, I'd win. 'Cause, I'm all that.
Enrico Salvatore Rizzo

Union City, CA

#187077 Apr 6, 2013
End up a hunchback like my old man? If you think I'm crippled, you should have caught him at the end of the day. My old man spent fourteen hours a day down in that subway. He come home at night, two to three hours worth of change stained with shoe polish. Stupid bastard coughed his lungs out from breathin' in that wax all day. Even a faggot undertaker couldn't get his nails clean. They had to bury him with gloves on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 71,100
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 12 Alex Montgomery 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web