Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,173

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Apr 13

Bellevue, WA

#186826 Apr 5, 2013
sorry but i believe in equallity to bad the haters don't... guess that's why they are lonely

“"Not A Good Reason"”

Since: Jul 11

Key West Fla.

#186827 Apr 5, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fragile"? Laughable attempt to feel superior. Your marriage HAS been damaged, you're just too dense to realize it. Must be a little too difficult to notice it, from up on high...
Then please list the ways same sex marriage has damaged his marriage or anybody else's for that matter! Can't wait for this and please make these reasons one's that actually do and not the usual B.S. you're so famous for bigot boy! Talk about dense,you're at best laughable and at worst a major dic! Notice what,your fantom reasons?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#186828 Apr 5, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm talking about PEOPLE. Get the point. No 2 PEOPLE should have anyone tell them they can't be together based on race or gender or any other reason or difference. None of which can be chosen by the PERSON.
Misdirection. Chongo Tactic #......Oh well, I forgot which tactic it is, but we aren't telling you that you cannot be together. We are telling you that you cannot call yourselves "Married", any more than Chongo can call itself human, or sentient. Any more than any of us can call ourselves "The Pope". People just know the difference between the real McCoy, and imposters.

Bellevue, WA

#186829 Apr 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Mighty D has spoken! Too Funny.
if your for equal rights.. why do you bash those in favor of it
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#186830 Apr 5, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't want to respond to my points, don't. "Playground bully...."?????
Yeah, you big meanie.

Bellevue, WA

#186831 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Nothing. Just live together. That's been the answer, until now.
well the answer for the future is marriage.. i love equallity
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#186832 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít see any point where someone else being able to marry will affect my marriage or what it means to me in any way whatsoever.
I donít feel the need to cross every bridge today, hence I am not actually very interested in all the slippery slope garbage, it is meaningless, so letís stick to the issue at hand Same Sex marriage.
There are in fact 18,000 legally married same sex couples in California right now, over 100,000 nationally ( donít know the actual exact number )
Those couples being able to devote their lives to one another has not in any way harmed my marriage, in fact my wife and I have talked about this, and we think that being inclusive has actually made us feel stronger about marriage in general.
I realize that mentally to you, it has made it weaker, but I donít see that, the issue is in your head, not in reality. Legally ( which is all I look to the government for ) it is no different than it was before.
Not "Slippery Slope", Logical Implication. Please get it right.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#186833 Apr 5, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Incest really you went there? You are the ones saying its a man and a woman that's 2 right.
Incest is more valid than SSM, if it has 1 of each. Focus, McFly, focus....
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#186834 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
When they go to the slippery slope arguments, you have won.
They can no longer bring any valid argument against same sex marriage so they are dipping into imaginary hypotheticals that are not at issue currently to try and scare people.
That only works with the ignorant, their constituency
You may wish that it was imaginary, but it is not. The only logic is that if we allow some to slide into the spot of another, we have no right to disallow others the same right. After all, it is equality we are after, right?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#186835 Apr 5, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Incest really you went there? You are the ones saying its a man and a woman that's 2 right.
Besides, who are you to deny the attraction that one feels for another? And what, exactly, do you have against incest?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#186836 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually no it was the same level of illegal both before and after prop 8, zero effect.
Just as illegal as Sodomy was, before all this meddling with marriage laws....
really

AOL

#186837 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Nice try. We are not forcing the definition of that word, you are chiseling it open, to all. Reducing its meaning, by allowing any to lay claim to it, like allowing all the illegal aliens (I refuse to call them "Guest Workers") to call themselves "American Citizens". Wrong move, there, pal. And, using the word "scares". A little too much, LOL, we are not scared, do not attempt to feel superior through such childish means... Did it make you feel all big, bad and strong? Pictured us all in the corner, cowering? LOL. Thanks for the laugh.
You are certainly very afraid of something Randy, the last 10 or so pages are posts primarily by you. You even make up names to talk to yourself WTF??? So yeah, I picture you cowering in a corner...get a hobby dude.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#186838 Apr 5, 2013
There was a ban ?!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#186840 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I donít have an frustration except I keep making the mistake of overestimating your reasoning capacity.
Do I have to explain it to you again? I would vote in favor of Poly marriage, I have not been arguing against it at all, you cannot separate in your pea brain discussion about an issue regarding it and the actual position.
You are like a village idiot with one foot nailed to the floor, running in circles and donít know what to do.
But while you run around in circles, more and more states and nations are recognizing same sex marriage. Hope that makes you happy as you claim it does.
Except, of course, when you are being "righteously" intolerant of people? Lightning bolts blasting out of your eyes, and shit? Kind of like Frylock?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#186841 Apr 5, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it so important to base this issue on history?
I can easily go back and find that major cultures and society utilized slavery from beginning to end. It's still an issue today--some 27,000,000 people are estimated to be enslaved today around the world.
But OUR society--our country--DOES NOT condone slavery.
If we were creating policy based on what history supported, then (using your argument) there should be legalized slavery in the U.S. today.
You cannot base your arguments about how gays have been treated throughout history as an argument for how we should be treated today.
We have modern medical findings and contemporary beliefs about gays and lesbians. THAT should be the basis for how we go forward.
Same-sex marriage SHOULD BE based on its own merits--not on how history has treated the matter.
Does history scare you? History has shown us that any society that casually allowed same sex coupling has disappeared. Greece, Rome, Turkish Empire, etc. Modern medical findings show us that the vagina and the penis are multi-use organs, and that a nasty old puckered-up anus is a single purpose organ. That should be the basis for any decisions to be made, concerning validation of marriage.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#186842 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes they are, have you not seen them post here, frightened down to their socks.
Americans arenít of course, patriotic Americans are for freedom equality and justice, it is those that have a private little rule book that has nothing to do with US law that are acting like frightened little children.
Oh, you are just so very powerful, you scare us to bits. Go drink a semen cocktail. It is said to be empowering, right?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#186843 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Are they on history again? Do they want to burn witches?
Protestants?
no, that's your boy, whining about history, which seems to scare him. Want to come to Ohio, and try a witch burning?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#186844 Apr 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The tired old Mighty D straw man, "you're not really for what you're arguing for, prove to me you're sincere instead of the topic so I can try to win"
Yeah, he's pathetic with that bit about "scared", and he talks about running around in circles, like he hasn't noticed that it's all he does. They're scared, he says, they are scared, they're scared, etc. And all that slop about how many of us support his side, except they don't. They are mighty hard to find, outside of Modesto. 90% of Americans are against SSM. No propaganda can disprove it, no matter how many "whack-a-doodle" sites they draw from.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186845 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>
I want you to videotape the ensuing fight between Big D and Frankie, for Youtube, you also said you'd invite him, and I'll bet that the fur will fly, when they get a couple of drinks in them.... My money's on the guy in the wheelchair.
I'm giving 4:1 odds.... Make sure that you give them both plenty of whiskey...
Thanks Mr. Hudson. I like George Dickel #12. Straight and room temperature.

Big D probably likes fruity wine coolers with little umbrellas and pineapple chunks.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#186846 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what we do if we get all our values from history
History freed the slaves and gave women the vote, remember?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 28 min Frijoles 71,064
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 12 Alex Montgomery 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info