Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,197

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#186649 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít defend any criminals, regardless of their orientation.
None of those criminals that I am aware of have specifically used same sex marriage as an excuse for their crimes.
I take it that you are against having Harvey Milk's name on buildings?

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#186650 Apr 5, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I'm all for civil unions for your gay friends. Save Marriage for man and woman.
So tell me if you are ok with civil unions tell me should they have all of the rights and benefits as a marriage?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186651 Apr 5, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I take it that you are against having Harvey Milk's name on buildings?
I really donít spend a lot of time worrying about it
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186652 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
None of those criminals that I am aware of have specifically used same sex marriage as an excuse for their crimes.
Please explain to us how polygamists "use polygamy to commit their crimes".
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#186653 Apr 5, 2013
MessNotWithMe wrote:
"Fisting" and "rimming" are filthy practices not equivalent to heterosexual marriage in any way. The CDC fact sheet for Sept. 2011 states men who have sex with men are 44 times more likely than other men to contract HIV. And, the children are NOT all right, since studies by the Witherspoon Institute show children raised by homosexuals fare worse socially, psychologically and physically than people raised in other family arrangements. The children of parents who at some point had a same-sex partner were more likely to be on welfare, have a history of depression, have less education and reported 3 times as often as children of intact biological families that they were forced to have sex, the study found.
Here is what an honest gay activist found: "To be fully formed, children need to be free to generously receive from and express affection to parents of both genders. Genderless marriages deny this fullness.
There are perhaps a hundred different things, small and large, that are negotiated between parents and kids every week. Moms and dads interact differently with their children. To give kids two moms or two dads is to withhold from them someone whom they desperately need and deserve in order to be whole and happy. It is to permanently etch ďdeprivationĒ on their hearts."
you cite the witherspoon institute? seriously? to begin with that's a religious based think tank so of course you'll get biased information.
secondly....the study you refer to, in 2012, the Witherspoon Institute drew public attention for having funded a controversial studyócalled the "New Family Structures Study" (NFSS)óconcerning LGBT parenting, conducted by Mark Regnerus, an associate professor of sociology at the University of Texas at Austin - which was found to be severely flawed in an audit conducted by the publisher of the study Social Science Research, and was criticized by major professional scientific institutions and associations as well as other sociologists at the University of Texas. The American Sociological Association formally condemned the NFSS for being invalid in a brief to the United States Supreme Court. The University of Texas conducted an inquiry into the publication and declined to conduct a personal investigation stating that ordinary errors are not considered personal misconduct. Documents from the University of Texas at Austin show that Mark Regnerus requested payment authorizations, for assistance in data analysis, to William Bradford Wilcox, associate professor of sociology at the University of Virginia, a member of the James Madison Society at Princeton University, the director of the National Marriage Project at the University of Virginia, and fellow (at that time) of the Witherspoon Institute. William Bradford Wilcox no longer appears on the official website for the Witherspoon Institute. Although the Witherspoon funding was part of the controversy, these documents show direct involvement in the study by the Witherspoon Institute. The methodology of the study has received criticism.

keep trying lil' buddy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186654 Apr 5, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you bring that up to the Supreme court that you have a gay friend that does this and that...lol
YUK!YUK!YUK!

Yeah, and he lives in Amsterdam!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186655 Apr 5, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>True and even Harvey Milk dating a teen boy didn't harm him, I don't get his point.
Big D is really against polygamy but cannot express that because it will reveal his hypocrisy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186656 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Only when they bring up "tradition" and "historically" as if they are some kind of magic words, they stop bringing it up, so will I
Sure.

Elk Grove, CA

#186657 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I really donít spend a lot of time worrying about it
"I donít defend any criminals, regardless of their orientation." LOL
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186658 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how a marriage of three consenting adult women uses polygamy to commit "their" crimes.

Elk Grove, CA

#186659 Apr 5, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell me if you are ok with civil unions tell me should they have all of the rights and benefits as a marriage?
It won't bother me.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186660 Apr 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain to us how polygamists "use polygamy to commit their crimes".
Go read your own news

I am not opposed to Poly.

Donít mind me, got get your signatures for your ballot measure and you will find out what your image problem is, you donít need to and are not about to learn about it from me.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186661 Apr 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D is really against polygamy but cannot express that because it will reveal his hypocrisy.
Wrong I would vote in favor of it if it came up

I have tried to point out in the past an issue that will need to be dealt with if this will ever go forward but you are not bright enough to distinguish between support and awareness of a problem.

In the future I wonít refer to it anymore as I donít want to confuse the village idiot any further
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186662 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Go read your own news
Donít mind me, got get your signatures for your ballot measure and you will find out what your image problem is, you donít need to and are not about to learn about it from me.
Perhaps you'll give us the statistics, crime committed by polygamists compared to the general population or to the gay population? Care to speculate? Hint, I already know what the numbers are. Please do some research to support your ignorant bigotry.

And then tell us why those numbers mean that polygamy is bad marriage. And why same sex and opposite sex marriage are not bad marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186663 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Go read your own news
For the umpteenth time, I'm not interested in gathering signatures from my wheelchair, I just want to fully explore marriage equality. I cannot with you, your paranoia gets in the way. Trying to hide something?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186664 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong I would vote in favor of it if it came up
I have tried to point out in the past an issue that will need to be dealt with if this will ever go forward but you are not bright enough to distinguish between support and awareness of a problem.
In the future I wonít refer to it anymore as I donít want to confuse the village idiot any further
Too funny!

An obvious but sort of graceful bow out. Hope you learned something Big Shot.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186665 Apr 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
For the umpteenth time, I'm not interested in gathering signatures from my wheelchair, I just want to fully explore marriage equality. I cannot with you, your paranoia gets in the way. Trying to hide something?
For the umpteenth time I would vote in favor of Poly marriage if the issue comes up.

Your paranoia that recognition of an issue in the public eye is related to lack of agreement gets in the way
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186666 Apr 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny!
An obvious but sort of graceful bow out. Hope you learned something Big Shot.
Nope just acknowledging that you are not bright enough to discuss an aspect of an issue without jumping to a wrong conclusion.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#186667 Apr 5, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>And there you have it. Marriage to you is a sanctioned fluckfest, a god ordained ticket to procreation. Well good for you. My marriage is about sharing my life with my wife. Any one can have sex you moron, and you damn sure don't need to be married to do so. What a sad life you have.
Oh Madone! Why not try explaining how calling an intimate personal sexual relationship between two men/women "strengthens marriage", as you claimed. Apparently you have difficulty distinguishing between marriage as public policy, cultural norm, shared understanding, and/or an historic, legal, and/or religious concept of husband and wife, and individual marriages.

That word, "religious" just got your dander up, didn't it. You were so busy focusing in on that, you didn't see anything else. Try sticking to the facts, "just the facts".
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186668 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
For the umpteenth time I would vote in favor of Poly marriage if the issue comes up.
Your paranoia that recognition of an issue in the public eye is related to lack of agreement gets in the way
Yeah, you'd vote for it and all, it's just that they are child molesters and welfare cheats and all like that.

Too Funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seaside Police: Family of child found wandering... 33 min Vanessa butler 1
Some Mexicans leaving US, planning never to return (Dec '08) 14 hr Hans Smit 15,726
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Fri STEFANO COLONNA 70,159
Who do you support for Superintendent of Public... (Oct '10) Thu concernedconserva... 48
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 28 maranatha 246
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2

Beach Hazards Statement for Monterey County was issued at November 01 at 1:44AM PDT

Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]