Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201809 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#186659 Apr 5, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell me if you are ok with civil unions tell me should they have all of the rights and benefits as a marriage?
It won't bother me.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186660 Apr 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain to us how polygamists "use polygamy to commit their crimes".
Go read your own news

I am not opposed to Poly.

Donít mind me, got get your signatures for your ballot measure and you will find out what your image problem is, you donít need to and are not about to learn about it from me.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186661 Apr 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D is really against polygamy but cannot express that because it will reveal his hypocrisy.
Wrong I would vote in favor of it if it came up

I have tried to point out in the past an issue that will need to be dealt with if this will ever go forward but you are not bright enough to distinguish between support and awareness of a problem.

In the future I wonít refer to it anymore as I donít want to confuse the village idiot any further
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186662 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Go read your own news
I am not opposed to Poly.
Donít mind me, got get your signatures for your ballot measure and you will find out what your image problem is, you donít need to and are not about to learn about it from me.
Perhaps you'll give us the statistics, crime committed by polygamists compared to the general population or to the gay population? Care to speculate? Hint, I already know what the numbers are. Please do some research to support your ignorant bigotry.

And then tell us why those numbers mean that polygamy is bad marriage. And why same sex and opposite sex marriage are not bad marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186663 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Go read your own news
I am not opposed to Poly.
Donít mind me, got get your signatures for your ballot measure and you will find out what your image problem is, you donít need to and are not about to learn about it from me.
For the umpteenth time, I'm not interested in gathering signatures from my wheelchair, I just want to fully explore marriage equality. I cannot with you, your paranoia gets in the way. Trying to hide something?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186664 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong I would vote in favor of it if it came up
I have tried to point out in the past an issue that will need to be dealt with if this will ever go forward but you are not bright enough to distinguish between support and awareness of a problem.
In the future I wonít refer to it anymore as I donít want to confuse the village idiot any further
Too funny!

An obvious but sort of graceful bow out. Hope you learned something Big Shot.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186665 Apr 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
For the umpteenth time, I'm not interested in gathering signatures from my wheelchair, I just want to fully explore marriage equality. I cannot with you, your paranoia gets in the way. Trying to hide something?
For the umpteenth time I would vote in favor of Poly marriage if the issue comes up.

Your paranoia that recognition of an issue in the public eye is related to lack of agreement gets in the way
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186666 Apr 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny!
An obvious but sort of graceful bow out. Hope you learned something Big Shot.
Nope just acknowledging that you are not bright enough to discuss an aspect of an issue without jumping to a wrong conclusion.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#186667 Apr 5, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>And there you have it. Marriage to you is a sanctioned fluckfest, a god ordained ticket to procreation. Well good for you. My marriage is about sharing my life with my wife. Any one can have sex you moron, and you damn sure don't need to be married to do so. What a sad life you have.
Oh Madone! Why not try explaining how calling an intimate personal sexual relationship between two men/women "strengthens marriage", as you claimed. Apparently you have difficulty distinguishing between marriage as public policy, cultural norm, shared understanding, and/or an historic, legal, and/or religious concept of husband and wife, and individual marriages.

That word, "religious" just got your dander up, didn't it. You were so busy focusing in on that, you didn't see anything else. Try sticking to the facts, "just the facts".
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186668 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
For the umpteenth time I would vote in favor of Poly marriage if the issue comes up.
Your paranoia that recognition of an issue in the public eye is related to lack of agreement gets in the way
Yeah, you'd vote for it and all, it's just that they are child molesters and welfare cheats and all like that.

Too Funny!

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#186669 Apr 5, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>It won't bother me.
So what you are truly saying then is all you are opposed to is the use of a word?? Doesent that seem silly??
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186670 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope just acknowledging that you are not bright enough to discuss an aspect of an issue without jumping to a wrong conclusion.
YUK!YUK!YUK! Getting sloppy. Slipping into ad hominem. Fail.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#186671 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I only bring that up when people bring up history and tradition as if following what was done in the past is always a good thing.
The key word misused here is "always". Simply because it was done in the past, doesn't automatically mean it shouldn't be done now, or should be. If SSM is such a hot idea, why having societies, across time and place, incorporated it into their societal structures? Why didn't it naturally develop alongside of both monogamous, and polygamous, opposite sex marriage?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186672 Apr 5, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are truly saying then is all you are opposed to is the use of a word?? Doesent that seem silly??
That is the entire issue

a word

A word they donít own, as it relates to dozens of religions and no religion at all. They want to define that word not only for themselves but to force that word upon others not of their religion.

The word scares them to the core of their being.

The rights donít concern them... it is the word itself that shakes them to their core.

These people are frightened to death over how someone might use that word.

It is really pathetic when you think about it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186673 Apr 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you'd vote for it and all, it's just that they are child molesters and welfare cheats and all like that.
Too Funny!
You are wrong thinking that all those in poly marriages are criminals, they are not.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186674 Apr 5, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Madone! Why not try explaining how calling an intimate personal sexual relationship between two men/women "strengthens marriage", as you claimed. Apparently you have difficulty distinguishing between marriage as public policy, cultural norm, shared understanding, and/or an historic, legal, and/or religious concept of husband and wife, and individual marriages.
That word, "religious" just got your dander up, didn't it. You were so busy focusing in on that, you didn't see anything else. Try sticking to the facts, "just the facts".
Not everything about a marriage is about sex

It may be for you, but for most of us our marriage is more than just about sex

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#186675 Apr 5, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are truly saying then is all you are opposed to is the use of a word?? Doesent that seem silly??
Doesn't it seem silly to your side? Marriage is between a man and a woman.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186676 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong thinking that all those in poly marriages are criminals, they are not.
Slick try! But a Fail. That's your schtick dummy.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#186677 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>Not everything about a marriage is about sex

It may be for you, but for most of us our marriage is more than just about sex
Everyone against gay marriage says things about how it ruins the sanctity or how it will make theirs less meaningful. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of traditional marriages that would be considered a failure.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#186678 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>That is the entire issue

a word

A word they don’t own, as it relates to dozens of religions and no religion at all. They want to define that word not only for themselves but to force that word upon others not of their religion.

The word scares them to the core of their being.

The rights don’t concern them... it is the word itself that shakes them to their core.

These people are frightened to death over how someone might use that word.

It is really pathetic when you think about it.
It's pathetic that they are defending a word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) 44 min ikestubbs 1,535
News Letters: Charter application superior (Jan '11) Thu Yin Simons 13
News Taking extraordinary measures to wear an extrao... May 18 outtogether 2
News Police: Armed robbery at Santa Cruz sandwich sh... May 11 bump 1
News Business on hold for P.G. pot club (Mar '10) May 9 Mike 8
News Looking Back at Monterey County: Fire on Canner... May 5 Joe 1
News Seaside street name could honor Obama (Feb '10) May 1 Apathy 99
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]