Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186467 Apr 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Some are, arrested and convicted of exactly that, some even pleaded guilty.
That doesnít mean Poly is bad, just that it has a really bad image problem that will need to be overcome before much progress will likely be made.
Some in monogamous marriages are too. So what? We don't deny them monogamous marriage.

Very few polygamists are child molesters and hardly any are welfare cheats, no more and probably less than in the general population. Stop with the ignorant bigotry and hate. Even if "many" of them are, we don't deny marriage to monogamous child molesters and welfare cheats. Why deny it to polygamous?

SSM used to have a "bad image problem" too. So what? And it doesn't have near the "really bad image" you portray.

P.S. The government created the "welfare cheat" problem. Since poly is illegal, all wives beyond one are single mothers, qualified for welfare.

P.P.S. What harm would a marriage of three consenting adult women cause anyone? Are they child molesters and welfare cheats just because they're polygamists?

You are as bigoted and ignorant about poly as opponents of SSM are about SSM.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#186468 Apr 4, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Every single solitary straight person who has publically announced their opposition to same-sex marriage is in essence "outing" themselves as proud heterosexuals.
You guys get on television and go on and on about the evils of homosexuality, which is an explicit endorsement of the notion that heterosexuality is THE ONLY acceptable orientation in their eyes.
Your very protest against gays and same-sex marriage is a flagrant example of how you proclaim your heterosexuality.
And Randy, you do use media to announce your orientation. You're here talking about it right now.
Bottom line, LGBT people are going to continue to "come out" until such a time that it is no longer necessary.
You might as well get used to it.
VV

As I've pointed out not all who oppose SSM are straight, some are gay, and have publicly stated such.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186469 Apr 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Some in monogamous marriages are too. So what? We don't deny them monogamous marriage.
Very few polygamists are child molesters and hardly any are welfare cheats, no more and probably less than in the general population. Stop with the ignorant bigotry and hate. Even if "many" of them are, we don't deny marriage to monogamous child molesters and welfare cheats. Why deny it to polygamous?
SSM used to have a "bad image problem" too. So what? And it doesn't have near the "really bad image" you portray.
P.S. The government created the "welfare cheat" problem. Since poly is illegal, all wives beyond one are single mothers, qualified for welfare.
P.P.S. What harm would a marriage of three consenting adult women cause anyone? Are they child molesters and welfare cheats just because they're polygamists?
You are as bigoted and ignorant about poly as opponents of SSM are about SSM.
A lot of talk, I am not opposed, but you are going to have a difficult time getting signatures on a ballot until you have better role models. If you donít think that is trueÖ then go ahead, donít mind me.

Go for it... just letting you know there is a bit of an obstruction in front of you, but I am not that obstruction.

Just trying to make you aware, I will vote with you in favor of Poly
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186470 Apr 4, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
VV
As I've pointed out not all who oppose SSM are straight, some are gay, and have publicly stated such.
Can I have the same right that you demand? To deny rights to folks I dont like? I have a list
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186471 Apr 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of talk, I am not opposed, but you are going to have a difficult time getting signatures on a ballot until you have better role models. If you donít think that is trueÖ then go ahead, donít mind me.
Go for it... just letting you know there is a bit of an obstruction in front of you, but I am not that obstruction.
Just trying to make you aware, I will vote with you in favor of Poly
Once again, for the umpteenth time, I'm not going out and getting signatures, I simply want to fully explore marriage equality. Your attempts to simply dismiss other forms of marriage besides SSM and OSM as unpopular notwithstanding.

Back when SSM was being discussed we heard the same nonsense that you use against polygamy. It's irrelevant.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#186472 Apr 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not American never apologizes, even when proved wrong, even when we should apologize we donít.( I always found that funny )
No one is going to apologize to Kim, it isnít the absolute worst thing we could do. The worst thing we could do is attack, like we did in Iraq, only to find that all the bluffing was exactly that and have the rest of the world lose more trust in us.
He just wants attention, best to ignore him, keep watch, stay alert, but do not react, he will back down with his hand out, then ignore that too.
Obama always apologizes, he had a tour in his first year. How did that work? It just created laughter.( I always found that funny ) it's cowards like you that would have rather we apologized to Hitler because Germany never attacked us. The difference between me and the liberal ( You ) is that I'm for setting the slave camps and the people free to not live under constant fear, you would rather keep them that way.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186473 Apr 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, for the umpteenth time, I'm not going out and getting signatures, I simply want to fully explore marriage equality. Your attempts to simply dismiss other forms of marriage besides SSM and OSM as unpopular notwithstanding.
Back when SSM was being discussed we heard the same nonsense that you use against polygamy. It's irrelevant.
Learn to read English

I am not opposed to Poly

Go ahead... I will vote along with you

I was trying to make you aware of a problem and you freak out and start screaming at the top of your lungs

I am not opposed, I donít think it will happen soon for what to me is a pretty obvious reason, but I donít know that... just an assumption based on the people I know that have talked about it.

Go for it, I am not stopping you and will vote along with you
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186474 Apr 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Some are, arrested and convicted of exactly that, some even pleaded guilty.
That doesnít mean Poly is bad, just that it has a really bad image problem that will need to be overcome before much progress will likely be made.
To borrow a lesson in statistics from the great "Rose_NoHo", more monogamists commit these crimes than polygamists. Many more.

And many more monogamists are convicted of them too. What would you say more than 300 million to one?

Relax, happy marriages have nothing to do with crime. And crime is not an excuse to deny someone marriage.

Elk Grove, CA

#186475 Apr 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I have the same right that you demand? To deny rights to folks I dont like? I have a list
Thanks for admitting what you are. We all know what is first on that list. Deny what rights? The trophy is for a man and a woman. Otherwise gays have the same rights. You are fighting over a trophy. That's all.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186476 Apr 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not, are you not for marriage equality?

This is the number one thing you bring up on this forum about Prop 8 ( which has nothing to do with Prop 8 ), if it is that near and dear to your heart why are you not out getting signatures?

I thought this was your life ambition, the only aspect of marriage equality that you can think about.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186477 Apr 4, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Obama always apologizes, he had a tour in his first year. How did that work? It just created laughter.( I always found that funny ) it's cowards like you that would have rather we apologized to Hitler because Germany never attacked us. The difference between me and the liberal ( You ) is that I'm for setting the slave camps and the people free to not live under constant fear, you would rather keep them that way.
Don't get me started! Just look at the Middle East before and after Obama.

I bet Obama's next step in the Korea crises will be inappropriate and dangerous. It's time to be tough with Baby Kim. At the very least he's cruising for more aid and whipping up his people's patriotism to take their minds off the killing poverty and starvation.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186478 Apr 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not, are you not for marriage equality?
This is the number one thing you bring up on this forum about Prop 8 ( which has nothing to do with Prop 8 ), if it is that near and dear to your heart why are you not out getting signatures?
I thought this was your life ambition, the only aspect of marriage equality that you can think about.
Prop 8 discriminates against poly too. Exactly the same as it does against same sex. You know, EQUALLY.

My life's ambition is certainly not legalizing polygamy. And you know it jackass. It's irrelevant to the discussion but walking again is high on my list.

Stop trying to stifle the free exchange of ideas. What are you afraid of?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186479 Apr 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to read English
I am not opposed to Poly
Go ahead... I will vote along with you
I was trying to make you aware of a problem and you freak out and start screaming at the top of your lungs
I am not opposed, I donít think it will happen soon for what to me is a pretty obvious reason, but I donít know that... just an assumption based on the people I know that have talked about it.
Go for it, I am not stopping you and will vote along with you
"Screaming" Too funny! The mouse that roared. Relax.

Elk Grove, CA

#186480 Apr 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get me started! Just look at the Middle East before and after Obama.
I bet Obama's next step in the Korea crises will be inappropriate and dangerous. It's time to be tough with Baby Kim. At the very least he's cruising for more aid and whipping up his people's patriotism to take their minds off the killing poverty and starvation.
Meanwhile; Obama raises cash in push for Nancy Pelosi to become House Speaker again. OMG Please not Piglosi again.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186481 Apr 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop 8 discriminates against poly too. Exactly the same as it does against same sex. You know, EQUALLY.
My life's ambition is certainly not legalizing polygamy. And you know it jackass. It's irrelevant to the discussion but walking again is high on my list.
Stop trying to stifle the free exchange of ideas. What are you afraid of?
We all understand that is what you think Prop 8 is all about. That is why it was passed in California, to block Poly ( which was already illegal ) That is was a sneak measure not to make same sex marriage illegal as advertised, but to make Poly which was already illegal and will still be illegal when prop 8 is overturned even more illegal.

A lot of people believe a lot of things, there are quite a number of people that believe in a magic tree, talking snake and a rib woman. I know people that think G W Bush masterminded the destruction of the world trade center.

I am not one of thoseÖ but there are some around.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186482 Apr 4, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Meanwhile; Obama raises cash in push for Nancy Pelosi to become House Speaker again. OMG Please not Piglosi again.
Would be better than what we have now, but that isnt raising the bar much.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186483 Apr 4, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Meanwhile; Obama raises cash in push for Nancy Pelosi to become House Speaker again. OMG Please not Piglosi again.
Pelosi photo shoot.

http://www.freakingnews.com/Nancy-Pelosi-Pict...

Caution! This may be disturbing!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186484 Apr 4, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for admitting what you are. We all know what is first on that list. Deny what rights? The trophy is for a man and a woman. Otherwise gays have the same rights. You are fighting over a trophy. That's all.
You donít understand sarcasm, a conspiracy theory guy would not I suppose, but that post was not directed at you but at someone a tad more intelligent than you.

I donít actually want the power to deny equal rights to others, but there are people that do, and I want to make sure folks understand exactly who those people are.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186485 Apr 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186486 Apr 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
We all understand that is what you think Prop 8 is all about. That is why it was passed in California, to block Poly ( which was already illegal ) That is was a sneak measure not to make same sex marriage illegal as advertised, but to make Poly which was already illegal and will still be illegal when prop 8 is overturned even more illegal.
A lot of people believe a lot of things, there are quite a number of people that believe in a magic tree, talking snake and a rib woman. I know people that think G W Bush masterminded the destruction of the world trade center.
I am not one of thoseÖ but there are some around.
Prop 8 says marriage is "One man one woman" only.

What don't you understand about that? Is the gender restriction somehow worse than the number number restriction in your mind? Why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr J RULES 71,255
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Tue Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web