Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,142)

Showing posts 162,821 - 162,840 of200,204
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well not even engaged yet so it will be a couple years actually.
I know I'm being gauche but invite me! I love weddings and the gay weddings I've been to were the best. If I can and if you're having a reception, I'll attend! I gift very well. Make sure my gift is worth more than all the food and booze I'll soak up.

Good luck to you. I spend half my time in CA and half my time in NY. So if your wedding is near there...

P.S. Don't invite that angry jackass "Big D" he'll probably give a cheap gift if at all. And he'll climb up on stage and try and tell everyone how to think. And "warn" them against me!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks I will continue to make sure that tyrants are put in their place thank you very much.
No one is trying to take rights away from you, it is you that so desperately want to deny rights to others, rights that will do you no harm whatsoever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Frankie, Big D, sits on a mountain top dispensing advice to the masses.
Big D is insufferable!

I actually feel a little embarrassed for his silly ass when he pulls that schtick. But just for a second or so, then it passes.

YUK!YUK!YUK! Big D. What a jackass!
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got to say that I'm pretty stunned by your comments...
Straight people "come out" at a very young age; talking about their attractions to others. As they get older, they openly talk about their sexual conquests, marriages, attempts to get pregnant, etc.
There are entire television programs built on heterosexual love and sex. You see it on commercials (sex sells). You see it in print media.
We, rightly or wrongly, are bombarded by it.
So, if an individual "comes out" as being attracted to people of the same gender; it's a little hypocritical to call it "sexual harassment".
Besides, claiming one's orientation in our society today, is more of a statement of pride and self-acceptance. In an environment of hate and fear of gays, it is a way of saying to yourself and the community at large, "I will no longer abide by your archaic and ignorant demands!"
Furthermore, when a celebrity does this, it helps other young and other LGBT people to feel less isolated and more empowered.
I thought you were a reasonable person.
What happened?
veryvermilion.

Yes. You are right. In less base times, our Homosexual friends and the lesbians had enough self-respect to keep their sexual proclivities "in the closet" (so to speak). Then the 60s 70s revolutionaries (now in power) arrived on the scene. In their attempt to show that their wrongful ideas were "new, unique, and different", they cried out "LET IT ALL HANG OUT!".

According to Solomon:

"One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.(Ecclesiastes 1:4)

"The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose." (Ecclesiastes 1:5)

"The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9)

Isaiah would seem to have been answering today's 60s 70s era revolutionaries and the idiot hang-it-outer "Love children" they have spawned when he counseled:

"Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.(Isaiah 1:4)

"Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint." (Isaiah 1:5)

"Thy silver is become dross, thy wine mixed with water:" (Isaiah 1:22)

"And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them." (Isaiah 3:4)

"And the people shall be oppressed, every one by another, and every one by his neighbour: the child shall behave himself proudly against the ancient, and the base against the honourable." (Isaiah 3:5)

"The shew of their countenance doth witness against them; and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they have rewarded evil unto themselves." (Isaiah 3:9)

Ronald
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It isnít a belief, we KNOW for a FACT that procreation is not any kind of prerequisite for a marriage license whatsoever
We give them to Vets that donít have the use of the lower half of their bodies, we give them to men and women who cannot have children.
It isnít a belief, we KNOW that procreation is not any kind of a requirement for a marriage.
Aw come on. I'm serious. Stop with the dickless vets reference. It's terrible.

Go visit a VA hospital. There but for the grace of God would be you or I.

WOO-HOOO! That's right, I said GOD.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D is insufferable!
I actually feel a little embarrassed for his silly ass when he pulls that schtick. But just for a second or so, then it passes.
YUK!YUK!YUK! Big D. What a jackass!
This from the little boy complaining about personal attacks.

You should run a hypocrite school, you are an expert
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw come on. I'm serious. Stop with the dickless vets reference. It's terrible.
Go visit a VA hospital. There but for the grace of God would be you or I.
WOO-HOOO! That's right, I said GOD.
Oh no,, I know several of them actually and they are appalled that these bozo's think less of their marriages than they do their own.

Their opinion was it was a cheap argument, and wondered if that was really all they had, it is no wonder they are losing the argument nationally.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It isnít a belief, we KNOW for a FACT that procreation is not any kind of prerequisite for a marriage license whatsoever
We give them to Vets that donít have the use of the lower half of their bodies, we give them to men and women who cannot have children.
It isnít a belief, we KNOW that procreation is not any kind of a requirement for a marriage.
To insist procreation has nothing to do with marriage is dishonest and dumb. Have you never taken a cultural anthropology or sociology course for chrissakes? People don't come to your side when they know you're lying to them.

Tell the truth. Procreation is irrelevant to modern marriage. There are many truthful reasons why.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I claim I didn't use personal attacks dummy? When did I "complain" about someone else using them?

You are lying again. It's your M.O.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
To insist procreation has nothing to do with marriage is dishonest and dumb. Have you never taken a cultural anthropology or sociology course for chrissakes? People don't come to your side when they know you're lying to them.
Tell the truth. Procreation is irrelevant to modern marriage. There are many truthful reasons why.
To even consider that procreation is a requirement for marriage is not only dumb, but terribly offensive to a very large number of married couples.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
"Little boy". You're too much, slick. Too f'in much! Funny!

What a patronizing jackass.

Try and relax tough guy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
To even consider that procreation is a requirement for marriage is not only dumb, but terribly offensive to a very large number of married couples.
You see, you're a liar. He is not arguing that it is a requirement, you changed the argument you devious little sneak.

Fool us once, shame on you. Fool us twice, shame on us.
Tellit

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Regarding gay marriages, and with no disrespect toward gays, can someone please explain why does one newly wed dress in a tux and the other with a beautiful strapless wedding gown if they are both the same sex?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You see, you're a liar. He is not arguing that it is a requirement, you changed the argument you devious little sneak.
Fool us once, shame on you. Fool us twice, shame on us.
I was responding to your lie as I have never said it has nothing to do with it, I have said it is not any kind of requirement and never has been.

I do agree with shame on you
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Little boy". You're too much, slick. Too f'in much! Funny!
What a patronizing jackass.
Try and relax tough guy.
Still crying about personal attacks Frankie.... poor baby

( chuckle )

Should I respond again to your post, to remind you that you were crying about personal attacks?

Fun for everyone :)
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
( chuckle )
Should I respond again to your post, to remind you that you were crying about personal attacks?
Sure. Re post the post where I cried liar.

Get on topic jackass you're boring us. You're mad. No one cares!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I was responding to your lie as I have never said it has nothing to do with it, I have said it is not any kind of requirement and never has been.
I do agree with shame on you
?

Rethink that, relax, translate it for us and re-post it when you're not so angry.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

YUK!YUK!YUK! Big D is having a bad day.

Anyway, forget that silly jackass, any weddings coming up?

It's not a party without Frankie!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
( chuckle )
You sure you're having fun Biggie?

Too funny!
Beepers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Back off on the gun control.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 162,821 - 162,840 of200,204
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monterey Discussions

Search the Monterey Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,086
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 11 hr Punk a s Murabito 4,834
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 2 skeets give more 7,839
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 1 Oinkie 15,910
Ask Dr. Gott: Shingles pain difficult to contro... (May '09) Jun 27 William 4
Marina man twice convicted in 2014Marina man tw... Jun 26 AZ AMIGA 1
White Trash teams with Mexican Banger (Apr '11) Jun 25 Third Party 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••