Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,163

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186249 Apr 2, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are forcing your religion on us not the other way around. I wouldn't want you at my wedding nor would you be invited. If I marry another man it wouldn't affect you at all. You wouldn't even know it happened. By you imposing your beliefs you are affecting me directly from stopping me from getting married. So before you preach to me please look in the mirror and start with yourself.
Invite me! Gay weddings are the best. Been to three. Had fun!

P.S. I gift well.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186250 Apr 2, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
His other strong suits include but are not limited to:
A complete inability to articulate a point.
A complete inability to give a rational answer to a valid question.
Great leaps of faith with bizarre logic.
Wouldn't be the same without him and the guy never uses insults.

Unless of course you are a progressive, believing having a different opinion is a grave insult!

How's that Old Honda running? My son just sold his Yamaha R6 at a tidy profit after having much fun with it for a few years.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186251 Apr 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not writing about a particular religion or cult, I'm writing about all holy texts ever collected since the dawn of literacy. Marriage is ALWAYS defined as male/female in ancient religious texts and myths.
What's up with that?
I donít give a darn about any 'holy" texts anywhere

are you not aware that there are thousands of churches that want to preform same sex marriage or are you ignorant of the fact?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186253 Apr 2, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I'm not a biologist or a medical professional, I have to rely on the Internet. Here's a bit I found... "Inbreeding leads to a higher probability of congenital birth defects because it increases that proportion of zygotes that are homozygous, in particular for deleterious recessive alleles that produce such disorders."
Another article states, "Doctors are worried about all close incestuous parings that result in a child, since such children have a much higher risk of disabilities."
Regarding incest and religion...
--According to most Biblical scholars, it is widely believe that Cain married his sister (since there were no other people on the planet).
--Abraham married his half sister Sara. They shared the same father, but not the same mother.
--Nachor (Abrahamís brother) married Melcha (his niece).
--Two of Lot's daughters got Lot drunk and had sex with him to preserve "the seed" of their father.
--Amram took to wife Jochabed his aunt by the fatherís side: and she bore him Aaron and Moses (so Aaron and Moses were the result of a marriage between their father and their father's aunt).
--Amnon, the son of David, fell in love with his sister, Thomar and had sex with her against her will.
There is a very slight risk of first generation incestually born children having medical problems. The bigger problems occur when it continues for a 2nd or 3rd generation.

Any child can have 2 recessive genes which lead to birth defects, not just children of incest. So the chances aren't any higher for the first generation incest born children than any other child.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186254 Apr 2, 2013
Can anyone imagine what kind of loser would rig the judge-its? Automatically good for the approved opinion, bad for any other.

Like the judge-its matter or something! Get a job!
Wasteful

Covina, CA

#186255 Apr 2, 2013
Once again those crazy people in city hall of Glendora, California have wasted tax payers dollars in
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186256 Apr 2, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít give a darn about any 'holy" texts anywhere...
We know, we know. Boy do we know!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186257 Apr 2, 2013
Wasteful wrote:
Once again those crazy people in city hall of Glendora, California have wasted tax payers dollars in
Talk about wasting tax dollars, GET A JOB!
Anonymous

Springfield, MA

#186258 Apr 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Continued inbreeding may increase some medical problems slightly but occasional inbreeding hardly ever.
So there is no reason I can't marry my sister. Besides, procreation is irrelevant to marriage we have been recently taught, correcting centuries of improper thought.
And sis is SMOKIN' HOT!
Seriously, what is wrong with you? How would you like it if your son and daughter started screwing?
Anonymous

Springfield, MA

#186259 Apr 2, 2013
poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>Why????? you being bothered by two people in love bothers me!!!
Yeah, well you shake your a$$ for horny old men for single bills! I don't care what you have to say. Also I bet you have a "Canker" sore on your lip!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#186260 Apr 2, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The hatred is obvious
we have watched you twist into a pretzel trying to make your procreation argument apply to same sex couples, but not to vets with injuries that keep them from procreating, or older couples without the ability to procreate, or even younger couples that choose not to have children.
You have twisted and squirmed and done backflips to try and make it only apply to same sex couples, anything you can do to deny one class equal rights while not denying other classes equal rights on the same ground.
The procreation argument was already dismissed by 2 courts and about to be dismissed by the highest court in the land.
You cannot pretend now that the basis is not hatred, it is obviously so.
Your religion of hate has come out of the closet for all to see, it is one reason your religion is bleeding followers.
Gay twirl.

I simply state facts;

-The culture and government have never had a problem with childless marriage. They have a problem with calling ss couples married.

-At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

-SCOTUS has numerous times noted the connection and importance between marriage and children.

-ss couples can only ever be only half of a marriage.

No sweat, twist or hate.

Smile.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186261 Apr 2, 2013
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
Like any queer is qualified to speak of any parenting since either so called relationship lacks the proper 'balance and structure' that only a male and female can provide. More importantly, all children, when the state is involved, should be provided and afforded the basic human rights to a FEMALE mother for compassion, nurtuting, and bonding that ONLY a female mother can provide in the child's most indelible years of their lives. It has already been proven detrimental in a 'single' parent home, which is a same sex home, since there is no opposite sex.
Judas is the devil.
I donít happen to be gay, I am an American that supports the rights of my fellow Americans regardless of if they are different than myself as all American patriots do

You donít think men can have compassion,

Wrong

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#186262 Apr 2, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
It seems like you guys who are against same-gender marriage would want us to pair up with one another instead of risking a closeted gay guy (or gal) marrying you or someone in your family.
Imagine you or one of your children being in a marriage for 10 or 15 years and one day the spouse comes in, sits you down, and says to you, "Honey, I've been fighting these feelings for years, but I can't fight any more. I am gay. I guess I've always known, but my preacher told me to just 'eat' my feelings and try to cure myself. I want a divorce."
There you go again, whining and putting words in people's mouth.

I'm simply saying there is no such thing as ss couples being married.

Smile.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#186263 Apr 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again, whining and putting words in people's mouth.
I'm simply saying there is no such thing as ss couples being married.
Smile.
Queen, I wouldn't put ANYTHING in your mouth. Nobody jerked your chain. Be gone!

Poof!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186264 Apr 2, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously, what is wrong with you? How would you like it if your son and daughter started screwing?
Try and think in the abstract sometimes toots. Put your yuk factor aside if you can for a moment.

Think about why incest marriage is illegal. Those reasons may not be valid. You are culturally condition to think YUK! about some relationships. Is your aversion valid? What's it based on?

In many states you can marry your first cousin. Why not your sibling?
How would siblings marrying hurt you? Or them? Would you even know if you saw a happy incest couple?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186265 Apr 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Invite me! Gay weddings are the best. Been to three. Had fun!
P.S. I gift well.
No response except for many bad judge-its.

Guess I'm not getting invited!

It's not a party without Frankie!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186266 Apr 2, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít happen to be gay, I am an American that supports the rights of my fellow Americans regardless of if they are different than myself as all American patriots do
You donít think men can have compassion,
Wrong
In your every post, we feel your love!

Since: Apr 13

Bellevue, WA

#186269 Apr 2, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, well you shake your a$$ for horny old men for single bills! I don't care what you have to say. Also I bet you have a "Canker" sore on your lip!
um look biatch I make on average $150 an hour and some nights 2000 in the VIP room... and sorry the only canker is you

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#186270 Apr 2, 2013
Today Bob Casey Jr.(my US senator), Tom Carper of Delaware, and Mark Kirk of Illinois have all have endorsed marriage. Does your US senator support marriage equality?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_supporte...
Permits

Covina, CA

#186272 Apr 2, 2013
It's tea party time?

Does that mean we can dump them?

Since they are so toxic we might need a permit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 hr scirocco 71,008
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 12 Alex Montgomery 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info