Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,116)

Showing posts 162,301 - 162,320 of200,210
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I don't tolerate dopes like you very well.
But as far as marriage equality. I'm for it. For all consenting adults. If it's not allowed for everyone, it's not equality. Either everyone or no one.
So are you saying that if all forms of marriage are not allowed then all man/woman marriages should not be allowed either? Try not to be a hypocrite in your response. We know how much you hate hypocrites.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
"Why I Oppose Gay Marriage 11nov08
Itís clear to me that eventually men will be able to marry men and women will be able to marry women in all of the United States, itís just not clear exactly when. Itís just that I am not very excited about the prospect. In fact, even being homosexual, I actually oppose gay marriage. Not only that ó I oppose it as a gay person.
......./
And the nice things is that no one will have to marry.

Would you argue that since many black people disapprove of interracial marriage, that the laws banning it should have been left in place?

At least try to make a logical argument.

Not "Ohhh Ohhh, I Googled me a gay person who doesn't like other gay people marrying!!!!"

Geesh.

Prove that marriage is harmful to the gay couples and families involved, or prove that married gay couples are harmful to society.

Or stop posting silly things.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Rock, I have to agree with you on this one. I think all people should wait until the age of consent to become sexually active.
Yes, I believe that as well. Most people do. Or, at least they SAY they do.

But, sadly, that often doesn't seem to be the case. Stats show that something around 40-60% of underage pregnancies are caused by adult males and young girls.

And young people themselves are having sex at ever younger ages. And we don't seem to hear the rest of the population screaming about it at all.

At least, not with the vitriol and fervor that we hear them screaming against two adult gay folks actually marrying.

How odd is that? I just can't understand it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you saying that if all forms of marriage are not allowed then all man/woman marriages should not be allowed either? Try not to be a hypocrite in your response. We know how much you hate hypocrites.
Yes, that's what I'm saying. Very astute Flash.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can't marry your sister because it's illegal, eh? I thought you LAUGHED at that reasoning. New drugs?
That's what happens when you try to think Miss Thing. Better to not try.

I never LAUGHED at discrimination. Check your dosage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I believe that as well. Most people do. Or, at least they SAY they do.
But, sadly, that often doesn't seem to be the case. Stats show that something around 40-60% of underage pregnancies are caused by adult males and young girls.
And young people themselves are having sex at ever younger ages. And we don't seem to hear the rest of the population screaming about it at all.
At least, not with the vitriol and fervor that we hear them screaming against two adult gay folks actually marrying.
How odd is that? I just can't understand it.
The dopey loudmouth "Tommy Cochrane" says it's OK for 30 year old gay men to have sex with 16 year old boys as long as the boy is "super gay".

He also insists it would be OK for a greasy 30 year old slob to slick-leg his 16 year old daughter as long as the slob is progressive.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

When several states have already abandoned the notion that marriage is restricted to heterosexuals, I fail to see the logic in continuing to restrict it to monogamists.

If the "man woman" part of "one man one woman" is arbitrary and discriminatory, so is the "one" part.

I fail to see the logic in prohibiting siblings to marry when procreation has been declared irrelevant to marriage.

Pile on the hate! I'm ready.
Anonymous

Littleton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The dopey loudmouth "Tommy Cochrane" says it's OK for 30 year old gay men to have sex with 16 year old boys as long as the boy is "super gay".
He also insists it would be OK for a greasy 30 year old slob to slick-leg his 16 year old daughter as long as the slob is progressive.
Pretty soon there won't be no right and wrong when it comes to sex! Anybody can have sex or get married to anyone it doesn't matter gender or age. I'm just going to do the best I can when it comes to my boys and make sure they grow up right and they don't get brain washed by the media and what the california retards think is right! It's just sickening it makes my stomach turn!
Anonymous

Littleton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can't marry your sister because it's illegal, eh? I thought you LAUGHED at that reasoning. New drugs?
Woah, woah, woah, I missed that conversation, outdated medical theory? What's that inbred people don't have deformities or mental limitations? Oh geez, how about he starts sleeping with his close relatives to test his theory and see the outcome!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not allowed because it's illegal!!!!!!!!
Changed your tune, eh?
That is very dumb when you say it's illegal because it's illegal.
But I know you say that just to avoid revealing your hypocrisy.

Or perhaps you are ready to tell us why you believe incest marriage and poly marriage are illegal? I would love to hear it.

You have no substance. Just stupid retorts. Why can I marry my first cousin but not my brother?

The answer is not "because it's illegal" The question is WHY is it illegal?

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He obviously isn't a parent.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
When several states have already abandoned the notion that marriage is restricted to heterosexuals, I fail to see the logic in continuing to restrict it to monogamists.
So, you can't understand the difference between 2, and 4, 5 , or six?

Yeah, right. The slippery slope is the last gasp, isn't it? You can't find a single rational reason to ban same sex couples from marrying, so you try to tie it to something unrelated.

Geesh. Why bother?

And why did it take TWO gay folks marrying to cause this sudden desire of yours to support polygamy? I mean, straight people have been marrying TWO for ages.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Woah, woah, woah, I missed that conversation, outdated medical theory? What's that inbred people don't have deformities or mental limitations? Oh geez, how about he starts sleeping with his close relatives to test his theory and see the outcome!
Yes. Modern science has found the medical reasons for the prohibition of incest procreation have been greatly exaggerated.

Also procreation is irrelevant to marriage in this century, right?

I am a New York resident. I can legally marry my first cousin in NY. Why can't I marry my sister?

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is very dumb when you say it's illegal because it's illegal.
But I know you say that just to avoid revealing your hypocrisy.
Or perhaps you are ready to tell us why you believe incest marriage and poly marriage are illegal? I would love to hear it.
You have no substance. Just stupid retorts. Why can I marry my first cousin but not my brother?
The answer is not "because it's illegal" The question is WHY is it illegal?
Who cares? it's primarily only anti-gay activists who promote it.

And you only use it as a straw man. They can't come up with any rational reasons to prevent TWO gay people from marrying in the same manner that TWO straight people ALREADY do, so they try to change the argument.

In reality, you would be horrified if someone used your positive arguments in favor of polygamy to actually fight to make it legal.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. We already know you fail to see logic. As if......
There you go again. Substance Miss Thing, substance.

Tell me the logic in it. Don't tell me I'm dumb for not seeing it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
He obviously isn't a parent.
That's the first thing I thought too, but there's no arguing with the barely literate jackass.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can't understand the difference between men and women?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, right. The slippery slope is the last gasp, isn't it? You can't find a single rational reason to ban same sex couples from marrying, so you try to tie it to something unrelated.
Geesh. Why bother?
And why did it take TWO gay folks marrying to cause this sudden desire of yours to support polygamy? I mean, straight people have been marrying TWO for ages.
There are no major reasons to deny SSM, I support it. Marriage is good for society. ALL marriage, not just marriages you approve of.

Now it's your turn. Why are you a hypocrite supporting same sex marriage but not poly marriage? What are your reasons?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
Who cares? it's primarily only anti-gay activists who promote it....
Congress asked the Justice Department whether DOMA was constitutional at least three times. That's not what bigots do, ask for legal advice.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you just call yourself very dumb?
<quoted text: go ahead. Marry your sister>
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Can't. It's illegal.
Your meds are making you confused.
I didn't say it's illegal because it's illegal, you did Miss Thing.

I asked why is it illegal. Not if it's illegal, dummy.

Do you have ever have a point besides dumb personal attacks?

Please. Why is it illegal Miss Thing? The answer is not "New drugs?"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 162,301 - 162,320 of200,210
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Monterey Forum right now

Search the Monterey Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Frijoles 68,114
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Wed Punk a s Murabito 4,834
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 2 skeets give more 7,839
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 1 Oinkie 15,910
Ask Dr. Gott: Shingles pain difficult to contro... (May '09) Jun 27 William 4
Marina man twice convicted in 2014Marina man tw... Jun 26 AZ AMIGA 1
White Trash teams with Mexican Banger (Apr '11) Jun 25 Third Party 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••