Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#185782 Mar 31, 2013
Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
show me where i wrote that!!
shame on you, putting words in my mouth!!
you right wing ding a ling.
you guys do that alot to people here, so Im not exactly surprised.
You said a greasy slob 30 year old man slick legging your 16 year old daughter would be cool if he was progressive.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#185783 Mar 31, 2013
Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
super gay?? gay is gay....like they say...and people dont really have a choice...so I have no idea what you are talking about....
"bush crime family'
I have EVERY idea what your talking about.
keep spreading the good word on how these low lifes ripped america off for trillions.
You're the one who brought up the term "super gay" dummy. Remember?

You said child molestation is cool if the kid is super gay.
TickerTape

La Puente, CA

#185784 Mar 31, 2013
What's the real cost to small cities though out California?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#185785 Mar 31, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because you're so frikkin' erudite. Please detect bitchy sarcasm.
You mad?
TickerTape

La Puente, CA

#185786 Mar 31, 2013
Been living to close to the research lab and it's reactor are you mad?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#185787 Mar 31, 2013
TickerTape wrote:
Been living to close to the research lab and it's reactor are you mad?
That'd be Old Livermore Billy. AKA "Old SniffsButt" or some such silly sh!t.

Senile old codger one foot in the grave the other tap dancing.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#185788 Mar 31, 2013
jose cruze III wrote:
the gay marriage agenda is the beginning of a diabolical trend to make the homosexual life style legitimate ,..
it is a plan that envisions the gay life style as totally 'normal' and acceptable through out the American society and eventually the world
I've got news for ya, Jose, the US ain't leading the charge on this one. In fact we're a bit behind much of the more developed part of the world on it. Gay folk have seen acceptance in numerous locations.
jose cruze III wrote:
the gay life style can never be legitimate ,...
no matter what the so called modern progressives do to manipulate the truth ,..
the acceptance of such an agenda reflects the dementia of western society
the progressive movement is the bellwether , eventually resulting in the death of western civilization
and ..essentially guaranteeing the Muslims will eventually dominate the earth
Now that is quite a loony leap of faith there, the progressive movement resulting in Muslim world dominance. Maybe your tinfoil hat is a bit too tight.

Location hidden

#185789 Mar 31, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>...I'm only 22 years old and I can almost guarantee I am a hell of a lot smarter then more then half of the people in this country!
If that is true we're in for becoming the laughing stock of the planet. You don't even know the difference between "then" and "than."

Location hidden

#185790 Mar 31, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>You'll find out just how real it is when you have to face God and try to explain your blasphemies!
*thump thump thump*

Location hidden

#185792 Mar 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>So, sheesh admits the problem of same sex marriage creating more intrusive government regulation, wasteful government spending and higher taxes, but doesn't consider the problem important.
I don't admit any such thing. You have yet to legitimately quantify these expenses. I submit that they're either nil or so small as to make no significant difference. This is exactly like your nonsense about forced prison marriages. Don't you recall bringing in your evidence from Canada's experiences? What was it? A couple of marriages over several years and not one bit of evidence that any of them were "forced." Come on Brian, tell us exactly how much tax burden we'll each suffer. What'll it be?$0.000000000000000000000000 00001 per capita?
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I support civil unions and domestic partnerships as compromise; they won't change marriage law or cause the same effect as the radical redefinition of a fundamental social institution.
You're quite gifted at non-answers there Brian. I'll simplify things for you and stick with one concept at a time. You claim same sex marriage will lead to forced prison marriages. Why won't civil unions lead to forced prison civil unions? C'mon now Brian, give us a real answer instead of a bumper sticker. Give us the details on that one.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#185793 Mar 31, 2013
hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a typical example of why education in this nation needs a huge overhaul, and LOTs of money..
Why, because it is a fact, and an onhest opinion!!! you need the education not me
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#185794 Mar 31, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, because it is a fact, and an onhest opinion!!! you need the education not me
Aw, shuddup Bluto you third rate jackass!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#185795 Mar 31, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
But you must admit that, in spite of the eons-old existence of this phenomenon, the scenario mentioned above will certainly open new avenues for abuse, from an entirely new angle? Potentially speaking, the poorly-maintained dam may suddenly find itself gushing even more, such as the "Anchor-Baby" scenario provides for?
What I hear in your comment is fear of the unknown and uncertainty. I'm not calling you a coward.

And I understand your fears. I really do.

But when you look back over our history, the really important work and a great deal of advancement has come during times when the nation faced its fears and went forward.

We cannot allow what "may happen" to keep us from doing what we know is the right thing to do.

Think about all of the unknowns associated with the Civil Rights Movement. Can you imagine all of the fears white and black people had when they thought about their children being integrated at school? Heck, you still have segments of the white community who believe that America will fall because whites will eventually cease to be the majority.

But, we go forward, doing the right thing because IT IS the right thing.

Think about our goals to explore space. There have been 18 deaths associated with space exploration. We have spent just over $400 billion. And at every juncture--from beginning to end--I'd be willing to bet there were naysayers. "It'll cost too much!" "It's too dangerous!" "What if it fails?!?"

We cannot let fear or uncertainty keep us from doing what is right.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#185797 Mar 31, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your intellect is truly.......dizzying. Let's see what the other gays have to say, shall we? If anything. They might stay strangely silent on this issue, although I would use the phrase "closing ranks"...
Rock, I have to agree with you on this one. I think all people should wait until the age of consent to become sexually active.
Anonymous

East Granby, CT

#185798 Mar 31, 2013
Geraldine wrote:
<quoted text>
`
Rather like yo do when you get bent over the dishes in the kitchen and take it up the root so that the plumber doesnt have to look at your nose & pimples while you autograph the receipt, one guesses.
I get bent over the table from my husband;)

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#185799 Mar 31, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>But yet Harvey Milk is your hero
I think it's more correct to say, "The movement associated with Harvey Milk's death is important to the LGBT community".

I lived in San Francisco from 1994 to 2009. There were several places named for Harvey Milk. And now I understand that there is a movement to have SFO (the airport) named in his honor.

I don't really have a problem with it.

I hardly worship the man. I've never seen the movie "Milk" (though I often watched it being filmed as I took the 24 Divisadero bus to work in the morning).

As I've pointed out earlier, JFK, MLK Jr, FDR, and other luminaries of our past were not very nice men--many of them womanizers. And yet we've found a way to gloss over that fact and focus on their impact on society.

I don't think it's fair for you to suggest that gays look to a "pedophile" as their hero. I think you know that.

Maybe you're trying to be sensationalistic.
Anonymous

East Granby, CT

#185800 Mar 31, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is true we're in for becoming the laughing stock of the planet. You don't even know the difference between "then" and "than."
And what does that tell ya;)

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#185801 Mar 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I don't tolerate dopes like you very well.
But as far as marriage equality. I'm for it. For all consenting adults. If it's not allowed for everyone, it's not equality. Either everyone or no one.
So are you saying that if all forms of marriage are not allowed then all man/woman marriages should not be allowed either? Try not to be a hypocrite in your response. We know how much you hate hypocrites.

Since: Mar 07

Drakes Branch, VA

#185803 Mar 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
"Why I Oppose Gay Marriage 11nov08
Itís clear to me that eventually men will be able to marry men and women will be able to marry women in all of the United States, itís just not clear exactly when. Itís just that I am not very excited about the prospect. In fact, even being homosexual, I actually oppose gay marriage. Not only that ó I oppose it as a gay person.
......./
And the nice things is that no one will have to marry.

Would you argue that since many black people disapprove of interracial marriage, that the laws banning it should have been left in place?

At least try to make a logical argument.

Not "Ohhh Ohhh, I Googled me a gay person who doesn't like other gay people marrying!!!!"

Geesh.

Prove that marriage is harmful to the gay couples and families involved, or prove that married gay couples are harmful to society.

Or stop posting silly things.

Since: Mar 07

Drakes Branch, VA

#185804 Mar 31, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Rock, I have to agree with you on this one. I think all people should wait until the age of consent to become sexually active.
Yes, I believe that as well. Most people do. Or, at least they SAY they do.

But, sadly, that often doesn't seem to be the case. Stats show that something around 40-60% of underage pregnancies are caused by adult males and young girls.

And young people themselves are having sex at ever younger ages. And we don't seem to hear the rest of the population screaming about it at all.

At least, not with the vitriol and fervor that we hear them screaming against two adult gay folks actually marrying.

How odd is that? I just can't understand it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 14 hr JOEL 70,577
Dual language immersion program offered for kin... (Jan '10) Fri Kerry Jones 29
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Nov 19 ben goolsby 1,514
MEX-TEX-CA DRUGS to YOU! Nov 4 ILLEGALS - DRUGS ... 1
Some Mexicans leaving US, planning never to return (Dec '08) Nov 3 llt 15,728
Former Councilwoman Susan Goldbeck announces Ci... (Jun '08) Nov 1 nodole 8
Seaside Police: Family of child found wandering... Nov 1 Vanessa butler 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey People Search