Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
161,961 - 161,980 of 200,330 Comments Last updated 59 min ago
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

I've had an epiphany! My god, a full blown revelation! We can all be haters, as long as we do it from the left side of the fence, and not the right side! How could I have been so blind? All the hate rant levelled at me has convinced me that I was wrong for picking my side to hate from. Since I wish to be a bigot, my transgression was to not be on the side of the gays. that would have made my bigotry perfectly acceptable. All of those names and insults that I have received have shown me how wrong I was, to have missed out on being a liberal. The hate-fueled rants have convinced me that the gays are really the lovers and peaceful ones. Silly me... Chongo has especially me shown the true way to practice tolerance. By his use of the children of some of the posters, he has shown me that his point of view is the correct one, the delicate one. By asking KiMare about abortion, he has shown me the practice of love at work. How could I have missed these valuable points?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
they are a reflection of the people ??
arnt they?? hillary and Obama??
I want the best possible people running this country, not mirror images of gender and skin tones. I read your rant earlier about our next President needs to be a latino woman, if you really want to be fair, since the land was originally native Americans, the next leader needs to be that. Let's see how far that circus goes before we are no country anymore. We saw enough of Hilary's incompetence in Benghazi.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Chongo, would you show me some more tolerance, by having me banned again? Please? Your suppression of my right to freedom of speech has taught me about the real use of the First Amendment.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Here's another Atheist nation leading the charge, go for it Big D and anderson, plus all pay scale is equal. Fair elections...

(Reuters)- North Korea said on Saturday it was entering a "state of war" with South Korea in a continuing escalation of tough rhetoric against Seoul and Washington after coming under international sanctions for its nuclear test.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I want the best possible people running this country, not mirror images of gender and skin tones. I read your rant earlier about our next President needs to be a latino woman, if you really want to be fair, since the land was originally native Americans, the next leader needs to be that. Let's see how far that circus goes before we are no country anymore. We saw enough of Hilary's incompetence in Benghazi.
No, we didn't see enough of it, yet. We'll see plenty more...

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Let's not forget the Helicopter Crash in Afghanistan that Kills Members of SEAL Team 6 August 2011

Funny how the investigation was swept under the rug as to who leaked the information to the taliban?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

But, all joking aside, the Govt needed Benghazi to happen. They needed to have more fuel for the fires of demonization. The hatred towards the Muslims had waned, and they needed to rekindle the fires of Draconian Measures. They needed some new Congressional Acts to be ramrodded, and they needed to have some propaganda to throw at us, to fool the majority into silence.

http://arewelivinginthelastdays.com/news/vid/...
This was the result of Benghazi...The ability to force many in Congress to accept this type of legislation... "The (classified) is going to (classified) against the (classified)", etc... Remember that? Connect the dots. Cause And Effect, at work. Fabricated Cause to achieve Desired Effect. Terrorism 101. Establish an enemy, then institute smothering laws to subdue the populace.
mrsk

Rialto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
I've had an epiphany! My god, a full blown revelation! We can all be haters, as long as we do it from the left side of the fence, and not the right side! How could I have been so blind? All the hate rant levelled at me has convinced me that I was wrong for picking my side to hate from. Since I wish to be a bigot, my transgression was to not be on the side of the gays. that would have made my bigotry perfectly acceptable. All of those names and insults that I have received have shown me how wrong I was, to have missed out on being a liberal. The hate-fueled rants have convinced me that the gays are really the lovers and peaceful ones. Silly me... Chongo has especially me shown the true way to practice tolerance. By his use of the children of some of the posters, he has shown me that his point of view is the correct one, the delicate one. By asking KiMare about abortion, he has shown me the practice of love at work. How could I have missed these valuable points?
LOL! Now you know if you don't quote Harvey Milk and O.C. Allen it's a no no.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
Let's not forget the Helicopter Crash in Afghanistan that Kills Members of SEAL Team 6 August 2011
Funny how the investigation was swept under the rug as to who leaked the information to the taliban?
THAT was NO ACCIDENT! THAT was NOT random.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I want the best possible people running this country, not mirror images of gender and skin tones. I read your rant earlier about our next President needs to be a latino woman, if you really want to be fair, since the land was originally native Americans, the next leader needs to be that. Let's see how far that circus goes before we are no country anymore. We saw enough of Hilary's incompetence in Benghazi.
Don't annoy the bleeding heart liberals. We all know that skin color and gender count for more than actual competence, or experience. How can anyone run the country if they are not imbued with "instinctive" traces of common sense, such as those magically granted by ethnicity, or gender?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

mrsk wrote:
<quoted text>
...Yeah.....
:)
I don't care if H. Milk was from L.I., or not...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigfoot, Blah, blah, blah...
And, Chongo, you will immediately cease and desist in addressing me in so familiar a manner. I only allow my closest friends to use that most intimate of terms. You will henceforth address me as "MR. SASQUATCH", unless you find the proper placement of the "Q", relative to the "U", to be a ponderous problem, given your highly touted (lack of) edjicayshun... In which case, I will, magnanimously, allow you to refer to me as "MR. S.". Got it? Good.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Hank wrote:
God bless America!
I hate to say it, but , America is a lost cause...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
And, Chongo, you will immediately cease and desist in addressing me in so familiar a manner. I only allow my closest friends to use that most intimate of terms. You will henceforth address me as "MR. SASQUATCH", unless you find the proper placement of the "Q", relative to the "U", to be a ponderous problem, given your highly touted (lack of) edjicayshun... In which case, I will, magnanimously, allow you to refer to me as "MR. S.". Got it? Good.
Chongo, you may now thank me, for my magnanimity. Render your tribute, now.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

2 grunts, 3 clicks and a flea scratch will do... Although I accept Lucky Charm Judgits...
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>So are atheist fanatics.
I agree..im highly spiritual, just not religious...

all the other posts youve been leaving about BIg D and I being
'athiets" are just silly.

you just simply never asked what i thought of religion or spirituality.....

we just dont want others injecting their religious beliefes into the public policy process.. and for that you falsly branded us both 'athiests".......how bogus of you.

the preamble to the constitution sais mentions freedom FROM religion..

read it....FOOL!

like you said in one recent post??

it is a very personal thing....

Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Don't annoy the bleeding heart liberals. We all know that skin color and gender count for more than actual competence, or experience. How can anyone run the country if they are not imbued with "instinctive" traces of common sense, such as those magically granted by ethnicity, or gender?
that isnt quite how the democrats handled it in 08'

a perfectly qualified candidate was overcome by another perfectly qualified candidate, because people thought he was smarter....

at least that is how he comes across..

the rethugs just do it by succession...

at least for the nomination.

.. however the idea of a republican president, any time in the forseeable future??, Is just ridiculous to even consider.
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I hate to say it, but , America is a lost cause...
just the fact that you think that, proves your bigotry...

why else would you say something like that...

but then again, you got your a&&es whooped this week in court(like we KNEW ya would)

so it has been tough and frustrating for you..

to have people you dont like make headway on their civil rights?

too bad bigot....time to give up your infantile attitudes about people who arnt like you, and join the real world...

you know??? the one you think is going to hell....
Anonymous

Ludlow, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

I don't think that gays should be aloud to wed! It's like a slap in God's face! To all you gays God made women for a reason and to all you lezzies God made men for a reason!
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

mrsk wrote:
<quoted text>
it looks as though the Harvey Milk strategy worked like a charm.

just come out.

...and BAMM>>>>>>

down go the bigots~!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••