Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#185075 Mar 27, 2013
Smoors wrote:
USC hopes to break ground on the project later this year. The City Council unanimously approved it last year.
THEY still need to get rid of Kiffin.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#185076 Mar 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
“We’ve found a story that looks really good,” concluded Rice in the U.S. News article.“There’s more verification needed, but we point out how we can easily do epigenetic profiles genome-wide. We predict where the epi-marks occur, we just need other studies to look at it empirically. This can be tested and proven within six months. It’s easy to test. If it’s a bad idea, we can throw it away in short order.”
http://www.lifebeyondtherapy.com/index.php...
entry-132-researchers-say-they -have-found-genetic-switches-f or-homosexuality/
I wonder if another stage of denial is possible for you?
Smile.
“…a story that looks really good…”

“There’s more verification needed…”

“We predict…”

“…we just need other studies”

“If it’s a bad idea we can throw it away in short order.”
----------

This is what you base your facts on? At no point has anyone drawn a definitive conclusion. Your own quote indicates that other studies are needed.

And by the way, your link takes me nowhere. I would LOVE to read the article you keep running back to.

Here’s a quote from me to you…“Just the facts ma'am.”
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185077 Mar 27, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to Reagan.
that is just the point AK....

Ronald Wilson Reagan is dead...

so is john wayne.

quit living in the past, old man.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185078 Mar 27, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you type in complete coherent sentences?
If you are asking about drugs?
The Federal Government holds no power over drug laws, it is a State issue.
On the flip side of that, every "right" also comes with a responsibility, so don't expect me to pay for your rehab if your become irresponsible with your "medication".
agreed!!

nevada does a good job regulating gambling and bunny ranches...

pot laws should be left to states...

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#185079 Mar 27, 2013
hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
<quoted text>
agreed!!
So does CA.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#185080 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
agreed!!
It has nothing to do with "should"- it is a CONSTITUTIONAL MANDATE.

The States have been all but castrated thanks to the 16th and 17th Amendment's.

The 16th allowed the Federal Government to directly tax the income of the populous. As such, now instead of the State being able to fund it's own programs thus retaining control, the Fed taxes at such a rate little is left for the State to take. Then the Fed dangles the carrot- do as we say or you won't get your citizens money back from us to run all those programs and projects.

This goes right in line with the 17th Amendment which basically created a second House of Representatives, thus removing the State's voice in the Federal government.

We could fix a lot of our issues by sending those two Amendments the way of prohibition.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#185081 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
that is just the point AK....
Ronald Wilson Reagan is dead...
so is john wayne.
quit living in the past, old man.
Yeah, we should just ignore the past, nothing to see or learn there.
free burn

La Puente, CA

#185082 Mar 27, 2013
Don't get a hemp on for this add.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#185083 Mar 28, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
In my town, there are two public drinking fountains. One says "whites only", the other says "non-caucasians". The fountains are the same, the water is the same. Only the label is different.
It seems the court unanimously rejected that argument because you could state exactly when racial discrimination became illegal but the plaintiffs couldn't say when keeping marriage male/female became unconstitutional.

Men and women are different, the courts recognize this fact.

“Fix bayonettes!”

Since: Aug 08

#185084 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
agreed!!
"Bunny Ranches"?? How barbaric!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#185085 Mar 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sexual intercourse, also known as copulation or coitus, is the insertion and thrusting of a male's penis into a female's vagina for the purposes of sexual pleasure or reproduction."
Any other sexual act is DADT.
Smile.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you could never get her to touch you in any other way, huh? Pity... Most guys at least get a "handy"--maybe even a little oral action. Some even like to "hit it from behind".
Good lord, sometimes talking to you is like talking to a 5 year old.
Next time I'll bring sock puppets.
Once again you pervert to a pure gay troll attack when your ass gets kicked.

So obvious VV. Don't you see, your partners are slipping all over the shit you spew here when you get analized. Embarrassing!

Snicker.

Location hidden

#185086 Mar 28, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you've already missed the boat on the government's "reasonable cause to prohibit homosexual acts". In 2003 the Supreme Court granted that homosexual acts are legal and cannot be criminalized in this country.
Your "G-rated" vision of the world is a fairy tale. STDs have been around a very long time.
Here's a fascinating fact... Pubic lice are believed to have been transmitted to mankind by way of the apes. And it wasn't via sexual contact (get your head out of the gutter). It's likely that it was contracted when ancient man slept in nests that gorillas had made.
That's something that you probably won't learn in biology class.
Most people don't need a biology class to know that anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

Nor do they confuse a septic system for a playground...

Smirk.

Location hidden

#185087 Mar 28, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
“…a story that looks really good…”
“There’s more verification needed…”
“We predict…”
“…we just need other studies”
“If it’s a bad idea we can throw it away in short order.”
----------
This is what you base your facts on? At no point has anyone drawn a definitive conclusion. Your own quote indicates that other studies are needed.
And by the way, your link takes me nowhere. I would LOVE to read the article you keep running back to.
Here’s a quote from me to you…“Just the facts ma'am.”
Here is a quote you missed;

"This can be tested and proven within six months. It’s easy to test."

The lesbian trapped in the straight man was flattered that you acknowledged her. But not that much, she's a lesbian you know.

Maybe if you dressed up as a queen???

Smile.

Knoxville, TN

#185088 Mar 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a quote you missed;
"This can be tested and proven within six months. It’s easy to test."
The lesbian trapped in the straight man was flattered that you acknowledged her. But not that much, she's a lesbian you know.
Maybe if you dressed up as a queen???
Smile.
To say, "This CAN BE TESTED and proven within six months. It’s easy to test" is different than saying, "This has been TESTED AND PROVEN."

And there's nothing anywhere (other than on sites operated by unscientific, religious zealots) that would suggest that an epigentic explanation of homosexuality MEANS that the processes involved in creating homosexuality is a mistake. We may simply be looking at a naturally occurring process.

You're the only one, so far, who seems convinced that this theory indicates that homosexuality is unnatural.

It would be like scientist definitively discovering the processes involved that result in some babies being born left-handed. Would there then be a moral judgment passed against left-handed babies?

Finally, I'm still waiting for the link so that I can read what it is that you are reading. Your last link was broken.

Knoxville, TN

#185089 Mar 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. Never been a problem.
If ss friendships deserve those benefits without ever being capable of mutual procreation and it's special needs, then legally EVERYONE deserves them.
Apparently you think two men need the protection and provision that women and children do... Man up VV, man up!!!
<quoted text>
Where in hell did you get that from what I said?
Smile.
I found the "U.S. News" article that you keep referring to. It can be found here: http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/12/1...

A quote that you conveniently omitted from the article is "Most mainstream biologists have shied away from studying it because of the social stigma," he says. "It's been swept under the rug, people are still stuck on this idea that it's unnatural. WELL THERE ARE MANY EXAMPLES OF HOMOSEXUALITY IN NATURE, IT'S VERY COMMON."

Homosexual behavior has been observed in black swans, penguins, sheep, and other animals, he says.

Rice's model STILL NEEDS TO BE TESTED ON REAL-LIFE PARENT-OFFSPRING PAIRS, but he says this epigenetic link makes more sense than any other explanation, and that his team has mapped out a way for other scientists to test their work.

----------

So, not even William Rice thinks that homosexuality is "unnatural" or a mistake. And he agrees that more study needs to be completed in order to prove this THEORY.

Knoxville, TN

#185090 Mar 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people don't need a biology class to know that anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Nor do they confuse a septic system for a playground...
Smirk.
Um, I don't know if you're ready for this, but the vagina and penis are clearly a part of nature's "septic system" as well; unless you and your wife are built differently from the rest of us and urinate out of your asses.

As I said earlier, talking to you is like talking to a 5 year old.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#185091 Mar 28, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
DOMA has been unconstitutional since it was passed. It should not have taken this long for the SCOTUS to hear and toss it as nonsense.
Agreed DOMA wont survive this, prop 8 will either get kicked back to California over standing, which will overturn it, or they will agree with the appeal which will overturn it, prop 8 is likely going to fall either way.

Both minor wins, but sets the stage for challenges in other states
Big D

Modesto, CA

#185092 Mar 28, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, we should just ignore the past, nothing to see or learn there.
And there are those that worship the past, when women could not vote, or blacks were slaves, or unbelievers were burned at the stake, or when Christians were murdered for entertainment depending on how far back you go.

Generally though people that glorify the past are the ones that are afraid all the time, with backwards looking mentalities, never have their eyes on the future. Sad people, unhappy people, that have no future because they can only dream of the past.
BB Sweets

Sonoma, CA

#185093 Mar 28, 2013
My mother says that if we had Representative Bachman in charge this would all go away, moot. She says that Michelle and her husband have proven that THOSE PEOPLE can be trained to act right. Like when Dickie's pomeranian gets on Aunt Myra's leg and does that stupid act over and over and over; all you have to do is kick him and its over. Mom says that if this doesnt work then they can join the deportation line for mexico which is where evrybody who acts, talks, smells, dresses, looks or is funny will be and will pay. There will be lines for special cases too where folks who just dont fit will be allowed to join or will be forced to join. Mom says that this will become the new national industry and will solve all our economy and happy home. So there.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185094 Mar 28, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
And there are those that worship the past, when women could not vote, or blacks were slaves, or unbelievers were burned at the stake, or when Christians were murdered for entertainment depending on how far back you go.
Generally though people that glorify the past are the ones that are afraid all the time, with backwards looking mentalities, never have their eyes on the future. Sad people, unhappy people, that have no future because they can only dream of the past.
there is plenty to learn from the past...

like the fact that we dont want to go back there, like the republicans want to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Rick Moss 70,067
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 17 savvylocal 245
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep '14 fancy 3
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey Jobs

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info