Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,081)

Showing posts 161,601 - 161,620 of200,322
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Log Cabs

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

http://www.logcabin.org/site/c.nsKSL7PMLpF/b ....

And more.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because people far more intelligent than yourself understand why we have an electoral college.
there are also things i like about it.....

either way???

you guys are not winning the presidncy for a LONG LONG time...

frankly, until you get on the right side of history, realize this is a VERY diverse country(not just diverse amongst white folk)

and become a party of INCLUSION instead of what i see presently, which is a party of exclusion, you are not going to be anything but a curiousity of the past, or in other words.......a relic.

as far as im concerned, those of you have hijacked your party(to the far right), can keep hijacking it until kingdom come.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Oakland Native wrote:
Prop 8 does not violate the U.S. Constitution.
The liberals on the Supreme Court appear be headed toward ignoring precedent, the historical record, common sense and logic once again. I say we impeach the judges who support gay marriage.
Homosexuals had no standing to challenge prop 8.
Since there is no natural right for gays to marry, their rights were not violated.
The governments have reasonable cause to prohibit gay marriage, homosexual acts, premarital sex, and extra-marital sex; the prevention of the spread of sexually transmitted diseases; healthy families; and the protection of the rights of children.
Children have the right to be raised in a healthy environment, not in an environment of perverts.
YOUR religious beliefes are "common sense'??

"the governments have reasonable cause to prohibit premaritial sex?""

are you kidding me??

you are a text book case of someone from the far right, whos mentality is stuck in the middle of the last century..

why not join us here in the 21st century, where people sleep with each other LONG before they take the plunge....

let me guess?? you think divorce is some sort of crime too??

ps; the precident is that the constitution has been used to EXPAND rights, not prohibit them...

other wise, wed have the same social situation as we had when this country was founded......people have pushed forward to the effect of progress, socially.....if you dont like it.....

go back to 1963...

mad men indeed!!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
<quoted text>
there are also things i like about it.....
either way???
you guys are not winning the presidncy for a LONG LONG time...
frankly, until you get on the right side of history, realize this is a VERY diverse country(not just diverse amongst white folk)
Tell that to Reagan.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust? It has nothing to do with "trust", it has everything to do with republicanism vs nationalism. And it has EVERYTHING to do with State sovereignty.
"It was equally desirable, that the immediate election should be made by men most capable of analyzing the qualities adapted to the station, and acting under circumstances favorable to deliberation, and to a judicious combination of all the reasons and inducements which were proper to govern their choice. A small number of persons, selected by their fellow-citizens from the general mass, will be most likely to possess the information and discernment requisite to such complicated investigations. It was also peculiarly desirable to afford as little opportunity as possible to tumult and disorder. This evil was not least to be dreaded in the election of a magistrate, who was to have so important an agency in the administration of the government as the President of the United States. But the precautions which have been so happily concerted in the system under consideration, promise an effectual security against this mischief."- Alexander Hamilton; Federalist 68
"''Hence it is that democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and in general have been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths… A republic, by which I mean a government in which a scheme of representation takes place, opens a different prospect and promises the cure for which we are seeking.''"- James Madison: Federalist 10
does your sense of states rights, extend to what kind of medicine residents can grow in their gardens??

that should be an easy one....

for many on the far right, it does not.

they hide behind federal law(yes that is right)

and it is a good litmus test as to how hypocritical you are.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
does your sense of states rights, extend to what kind of medicine residents can grow in their gardens??
that should be an easy one....
for many on the far right, it does not.
they hide behind federal law(yes that is right)
and it is a good litmus test as to how hypocritical you are.
Can you type in complete coherent sentences?

If you are asking about drugs?

The Federal Government holds no power over drug laws, it is a State issue.

On the flip side of that, every "right" also comes with a responsibility, so don't expect me to pay for your rehab if your become irresponsible with your "medication".

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sexual intercourse, also known as copulation or coitus, is the insertion and thrusting of a male's penis into a female's vagina for the purposes of sexual pleasure or reproduction."
Any other sexual act is DADT.
Smile.
So, you could never get her to touch you in any other way, huh? Pity... Most guys at least get a "handy"--maybe even a little oral action. Some even like to "hit it from behind".

Good lord, sometimes talking to you is like talking to a 5 year old.

Next time I'll bring sock puppets.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Oakland Native wrote:
Prop 8 does not violate the U.S. Constitution.
The liberals on the Supreme Court appear be headed toward ignoring precedent, the historical record, common sense and logic once again. I say we impeach the judges who support gay marriage.
Homosexuals had no standing to challenge prop 8.
Since there is no natural right for gays to marry, their rights were not violated.
The governments have reasonable cause to prohibit gay marriage, homosexual acts, premarital sex, and extra-marital sex; the prevention of the spread of sexually transmitted diseases; healthy families; and the protection of the rights of children.
Children have the right to be raised in a healthy environment, not in an environment of perverts.
Sorry, but you've already missed the boat on the government's "reasonable cause to prohibit homosexual acts". In 2003 the Supreme Court granted that homosexual acts are legal and cannot be criminalized in this country.

Your "G-rated" vision of the world is a fairy tale. STDs have been around a very long time.

Here's a fascinating fact... Pubic lice are believed to have been transmitted to mankind by way of the apes. And it wasn't via sexual contact (get your head out of the gutter). It's likely that it was contracted when ancient man slept in nests that gorillas had made.

That's something that you probably won't learn in biology class.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
i HAve watched that documentary....
its great!
you know ken is gay right?
That's his business. Is that why you watched it?

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>

I watched that, and somehow it didnt turn me into a republican, or a slavery lover... or someone who was sore at the union ..it potraited a middle of the road explaination....
i wouldnt have watched it if it was some weird right wing peice of agiprop....
the republicans were really the first party of civil rights...
and MADE this country in many ways....
buT that was the 19th century...
and the culture of the twentieth century is waY different.
and soemhow the repubs became the party exclusion.
I KNOW how, but you wont buy it, and neither may rock.
next post.
did you think it was a documentary to recruit Republicans? or was that the bong talking again?

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Smoors wrote:
USC hopes to break ground on the project later this year. The City Council unanimously approved it last year.
THEY still need to get rid of Kiffin.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
“We’ve found a story that looks really good,” concluded Rice in the U.S. News article.“There’s more verification needed, but we point out how we can easily do epigenetic profiles genome-wide. We predict where the epi-marks occur, we just need other studies to look at it empirically. This can be tested and proven within six months. It’s easy to test. If it’s a bad idea, we can throw it away in short order.”
http://www.lifebeyondtherapy.com/index.php...
entry-132-researchers-say-they -have-found-genetic-switches-f or-homosexuality/
I wonder if another stage of denial is possible for you?
Smile.
“…a story that looks really good…”

“There’s more verification needed…”

“We predict…”

“…we just need other studies”

“If it’s a bad idea we can throw it away in short order.”
----------

This is what you base your facts on? At no point has anyone drawn a definitive conclusion. Your own quote indicates that other studies are needed.

And by the way, your link takes me nowhere. I would LOVE to read the article you keep running back to.

Here’s a quote from me to you…“Just the facts ma'am.”
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to Reagan.
that is just the point AK....

Ronald Wilson Reagan is dead...

so is john wayne.

quit living in the past, old man.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you type in complete coherent sentences?
If you are asking about drugs?
The Federal Government holds no power over drug laws, it is a State issue.
On the flip side of that, every "right" also comes with a responsibility, so don't expect me to pay for your rehab if your become irresponsible with your "medication".
agreed!!

nevada does a good job regulating gambling and bunny ranches...

pot laws should be left to states...

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
agreed!!
So does CA.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
agreed!!
It has nothing to do with "should"- it is a CONSTITUTIONAL MANDATE.

The States have been all but castrated thanks to the 16th and 17th Amendment's.

The 16th allowed the Federal Government to directly tax the income of the populous. As such, now instead of the State being able to fund it's own programs thus retaining control, the Fed taxes at such a rate little is left for the State to take. Then the Fed dangles the carrot- do as we say or you won't get your citizens money back from us to run all those programs and projects.

This goes right in line with the 17th Amendment which basically created a second House of Representatives, thus removing the State's voice in the Federal government.

We could fix a lot of our issues by sending those two Amendments the way of prohibition.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
that is just the point AK....
Ronald Wilson Reagan is dead...
so is john wayne.
quit living in the past, old man.
Yeah, we should just ignore the past, nothing to see or learn there.
free burn

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Don't get a hemp on for this add.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
In my town, there are two public drinking fountains. One says "whites only", the other says "non-caucasians". The fountains are the same, the water is the same. Only the label is different.
It seems the court unanimously rejected that argument because you could state exactly when racial discrimination became illegal but the plaintiffs couldn't say when keeping marriage male/female became unconstitutional.

Men and women are different, the courts recognize this fact.

“With Vitamin "R"!!”

Since: Aug 08

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
agreed!!
"Bunny Ranches"?? How barbaric!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161,601 - 161,620 of200,322
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••