Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
161,581 - 161,600 of 200,369 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
<quoted text>
well who is the electoral college anyways?? martians?
I have my doubts about the electoral college as well, but EVERY single attempt to dismantle it has failed.
the president beat Mitt romney by 124 electoral votes and 4 million popular votes??
now WHO won??
it wasnt romney.
ps; any plan to subvert the popular vote BY STATE, would be compleatly unfair...
The Electoral College is composed of delegates from each state (plus the District of Columbia).(Senators and Representatives.)
Currently, in Ohio, these are the members of Ohio's electoral College, God knows how they got there...
OHIO – 21 electoral votes cast for George W. Bush and Richard B. Cheney
2,350,363 popular votes cast for George W. Bush and Richard B. Cheney
Population, 1990 census, 10,847,115

Certificate of Ascertainment | Certificate of Vote

Electors
Pakkiri Rajagopal
Shirley Sadler
Danny D. Hamilton
Pauline S. Riel
Leanna Coil
Doug Miller
Robert T. Bennett (replacing Faye Sparks)
Donna J. Harter
Paul M. Hoag
Alan P. Bedol
Deborah Burstion-Donbraye
John H. McConnell
Donald G. Simmons
Alex R. Arshinkoff
John J. Chester
W.R Timken, Jr.
Clarence R. Smith
Pat Hennessey
John D. Chiappetta
Mercer Reynolds
Jo Ann Davidson

http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/elec...
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, let me pose a hypothetical for you...Suppose, just for the sake of argument, that someone was ex-military, got into trouble for a minute, got a felony, later had it expunged and now owned guns, what would you say to that ? Let him own guns or not?
depends on the felony?? and if it involved guns OR violence.
and espungment is espungment....

you cant get esponged of a hainous crime that easy...

if there wasnt a premeditated gun violation??

id say his chance of regaining the right to own a gun is good indeed.

we dont give hainous criminals back their voting rights immeadiatle,and unconditionally, even in blue states...

so it depends on the circumstances of the case.
in 13 southern states, no felon gets their voting rights back(a shame)

I thought that whole three stikes thing that clinton pushed on us was stoopid.

they passed a mitigation to that law, last election, here in california...

they are having serious over crowding issues anyhow...
so they had to send violent criminals to COUNTY lock up(believe it
)
if someone who has two strikes?? gets caught later in life with a bag of meth for instance....

it is stoopid to hand out a LONG sentence(even in a hard ass state, with more room in their prisons)

even though meth is stoopid itself.....two stoopids(locking up drug addicts) dont make a smart..

prohibition itself creates the crime surrounding drug use.
educate not incarcerate.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The Electoral College is composed of delegates from each state (plus the District of Columbia).(Senators and Representatives.)
Currently, in Ohio, these are the members of Ohio's electoral College, God knows how they got there...
OHIO – 21 electoral votes cast for George W. Bush and Richard B. Cheney
2,350,363 popular votes cast for George W. Bush and Richard B. Cheney
Population, 1990 census, 10,847,115
Certificate of Ascertainment | Certificate of Vote
Electors
Pakkiri Rajagopal
Shirley Sadler
Danny D. Hamilton
Pauline S. Riel
Leanna Coil
Doug Miller
Robert T. Bennett (replacing Faye Sparks)
Donna J. Harter
Paul M. Hoag
Alan P. Bedol
Deborah Burstion-Donbraye
John H. McConnell
Donald G. Simmons
Alex R. Arshinkoff
John J. Chester
W.R Timken, Jr.
Clarence R. Smith
Pat Hennessey
John D. Chiappetta
Mercer Reynolds
Jo Ann Davidson
http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/elec...
when i asked you "who are they??", that was a rhetorical question.

but thanks for the research anyways.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Well said. Does he think the racist north would die fighting to free the slaves? It's amazing how the liberals are educated from movies. They should watch the Civil war documentary by Ken Burn's since they don't seem to be able to read.
Well, it can be a daunting task, arriving at the truth, when we are inundated by propaganda, but if one has many sources of input, it can reduce the difficulty. I have lived extensively abroad, and that helps a lot. Getting a completely different view from the outside is a rare thing. Having lived for a spell in the Mideast, I know that most Muslims are wonderful people, but that the few have given them a bad name.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>

I have my doubts about the electoral college as well, but EVERY single attempt to dismantle it has failed.
That's because people far more intelligent than yourself understand why we have an electoral college.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That is some funny stuff, thanks for the laugh.
:D
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Well said. Does he think the racist north would die fighting to free the slaves? It's amazing how the liberals are educated from movies. They should watch the Civil war documentary by Ken Burn's since they don't seem to be able to read.
i HAve watched that documentary....

its great!

you know ken is gay right?

I watched that, and somehow it didnt turn me into a republican, or a slavery lover... or someone who was sore at the union ..it potraited a middle of the road explaination....

i wouldnt have watched it if it was some weird right wing peice of agiprop....

the republicans were really the first party of civil rights...

and MADE this country in many ways....

buT that was the 19th century...

and the culture of the twentieth century is waY different.

and soemhow the repubs became the party exclusion.

I KNOW how, but you wont buy it, and neither may rock.

next post.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
when i asked you "who are they??", that was a rhetorical question.
but thanks for the research anyways.
I understood that,:D, but had to find out, anyway...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because people far more intelligent than yourself understand why we have an electoral college.
AK, I don't trust the Electoral College, I believe in Popular Vote...Even though the Framers gave it to us, to "..guard against a rash act by the people.."
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

reich and rock

the republican party was reborn in the 70's and eighties, because the democrats at large, no longer represented the MORAL values of the dixiecrats.

and so nixon and then reagan capitalized on this new paradigm. the southern strategy.....im sure youve heard that term spoken. now the south votes pretty much republican

back when the civil rights act was passed???

it wasnt passed along party lines...

it WAS passed along geograpic lines, with the south voting against it...

where are all those moderate northern republicans who voted WITH those who wanted voting rights ensured for minoroites.??? where have they gone?

your party(reichardo) is no longer the party of inclusion....

they have ALWAYS been stingy bastards, when it came to social programs??? but they use to at least CONSIDER progressive civil actions.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
i HAve watched that documentary....
its great!
you know ken is gay right?
I watched that, and somehow it didnt turn me into a republican, or a slavery lover... or someone who was sore at the union ..it potraited a middle of the road explaination....
i wouldnt have watched it if it was some weird right wing peice of agiprop....
the republicans were really the first party of civil rights...
and MADE this country in many ways....
buT that was the 19th century...
and the culture of the twentieth century is waY different.
and soemhow the repubs became the party exclusion.
I KNOW how, but you wont buy it, and neither may rock.
next post.
...Come on with it...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Mrs. Rock says to say good night to my pals, catch you in a day or 3...Play nice, kids.
Smoors

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

USC hopes to break ground on the project later this year. The City Council unanimously approved it last year.
LeVasseur Ricton

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Sarah Palli is still relevant. Ms Palinn is not going away and she will not be supplanted by Backman. No way oh say. Sarah Pallin is next to god and she has a plan and is as the russians used to call Ricepuddin "uri-divi" or divine idiot that is in waiting to be filled by the holy spirit and speak or act out the lord's will.
WAIT for Sarha Plai Palinn. Drill baby. Deport everybody and then charge plenty-o to come back. She says that will enrich our economy and improve morale and create plenty of jobs. Oh, well.
Friction

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Former Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele continued to feud with his successor Reince Priebus, accusing the current chairman of “crapping” on his legacy.

“I kept my mouth shut for two years because, hey, I’m a party guy,” Steele said on WMAL’s “Mornings on the Mall.“

“But you know what, at the end of the day, you say to yourself, they’re dumping on you, they’re crapping on your legacy, they’re giving you crap for stuff that they didn’t want to do in the first place coalitions, expanding media, social media networks.”
Log Cabins

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
AK, I don't trust the Electoral College, I believe in Popular Vote...Even though the Framers gave it to us, to "..guard against a rash act by the people.."
Trust? It has nothing to do with "trust", it has everything to do with republicanism vs nationalism. And it has EVERYTHING to do with State sovereignty.

"It was equally desirable, that the immediate election should be made by men most capable of analyzing the qualities adapted to the station, and acting under circumstances favorable to deliberation, and to a judicious combination of all the reasons and inducements which were proper to govern their choice. A small number of persons, selected by their fellow-citizens from the general mass, will be most likely to possess the information and discernment requisite to such complicated investigations. It was also peculiarly desirable to afford as little opportunity as possible to tumult and disorder. This evil was not least to be dreaded in the election of a magistrate, who was to have so important an agency in the administration of the government as the President of the United States. But the precautions which have been so happily concerted in the system under consideration, promise an effectual security against this mischief."- Alexander Hamilton; Federalist 68

"''Hence it is that democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and in general have been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths… A republic, by which I mean a government in which a scheme of representation takes place, opens a different prospect and promises the cure for which we are seeking.''"- James Madison: Federalist 10
Oakland Native

Lodi, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Prop 8 does not violate the U.S. Constitution.

The liberals on the Supreme Court appear be headed toward ignoring precedent, the historical record, common sense and logic once again. I say we impeach the judges who support gay marriage.

Homosexuals had no standing to challenge prop 8.
Since there is no natural right for gays to marry, their rights were not violated.

The governments have reasonable cause to prohibit gay marriage, homosexual acts, premarital sex, and extra-marital sex; the prevention of the spread of sexually transmitted diseases; healthy families; and the protection of the rights of children.

Children have the right to be raised in a healthy environment, not in an environment of perverts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

LeVasseur Ricton wrote:
Sarah Palli is still relevant. Ms Palinn is not going away and she will not be supplanted by Backman. No way oh say. Sarah Pallin is next to god and she has a plan and is as the russians used to call Ricepuddin "uri-divi" or divine idiot that is in waiting to be filled by the holy spirit and speak or act out the lord's will.
WAIT for Sarha Plai Palinn. Drill baby. Deport everybody and then charge plenty-o to come back. She says that will enrich our economy and improve morale and create plenty of jobs. Oh, well.
How many times can you misspell a persons name in a single post?

1) Sarah Palli
2) Ms Palinn
3) Sarah Pallin
4) Sarha Plai Palinn
Log Cabs

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Log peelers are great.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••