Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185053 Mar 27, 2013
hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
<quoted text>
i HAve watched that documentary....
its great!
you know ken is gay right?
I watched that, and somehow it didnt turn me into a republican, or a slavery lover... or someone who was sore at the union ..it potraited a middle of the road explaination....
i wouldnt have watched it if it was some weird right wing peice of agiprop....
the republicans were really the first party of civil rights...
and MADE this country in many ways....
buT that was the 19th century...
and the culture of the twentieth century is waY different.
and soemhow the repubs became the party exclusion.
I KNOW how, but you wont buy it, and neither may rock.
next post.
...Come on with it...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185054 Mar 27, 2013
Mrs. Rock says to say good night to my pals, catch you in a day or 3...Play nice, kids.
Smoors

La Puente, CA

#185055 Mar 27, 2013
USC hopes to break ground on the project later this year. The City Council unanimously approved it last year.
LeVasseur Ricton

Sonoma, CA

#185057 Mar 27, 2013
Sarah Palli is still relevant. Ms Palinn is not going away and she will not be supplanted by Backman. No way oh say. Sarah Pallin is next to god and she has a plan and is as the russians used to call Ricepuddin "uri-divi" or divine idiot that is in waiting to be filled by the holy spirit and speak or act out the lord's will.
WAIT for Sarha Plai Palinn. Drill baby. Deport everybody and then charge plenty-o to come back. She says that will enrich our economy and improve morale and create plenty of jobs. Oh, well.
Friction

La Puente, CA

#185059 Mar 27, 2013
Former Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele continued to feud with his successor Reince Priebus, accusing the current chairman of “crapping” on his legacy.

“I kept my mouth shut for two years because, hey, I’m a party guy,” Steele said on WMAL’s “Mornings on the Mall.“

“But you know what, at the end of the day, you say to yourself, they’re dumping on you, they’re crapping on your legacy, they’re giving you crap for stuff that they didn’t want to do in the first place coalitions, expanding media, social media networks.”
Log Cabins

La Puente, CA

#185060 Mar 27, 2013

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#185061 Mar 27, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
AK, I don't trust the Electoral College, I believe in Popular Vote...Even though the Framers gave it to us, to "..guard against a rash act by the people.."
Trust? It has nothing to do with "trust", it has everything to do with republicanism vs nationalism. And it has EVERYTHING to do with State sovereignty.

"It was equally desirable, that the immediate election should be made by men most capable of analyzing the qualities adapted to the station, and acting under circumstances favorable to deliberation, and to a judicious combination of all the reasons and inducements which were proper to govern their choice. A small number of persons, selected by their fellow-citizens from the general mass, will be most likely to possess the information and discernment requisite to such complicated investigations. It was also peculiarly desirable to afford as little opportunity as possible to tumult and disorder. This evil was not least to be dreaded in the election of a magistrate, who was to have so important an agency in the administration of the government as the President of the United States. But the precautions which have been so happily concerted in the system under consideration, promise an effectual security against this mischief."- Alexander Hamilton; Federalist 68

"''Hence it is that democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and in general have been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths… A republic, by which I mean a government in which a scheme of representation takes place, opens a different prospect and promises the cure for which we are seeking.''"- James Madison: Federalist 10
Oakland Native

Lodi, CA

#185062 Mar 27, 2013
Prop 8 does not violate the U.S. Constitution.

The liberals on the Supreme Court appear be headed toward ignoring precedent, the historical record, common sense and logic once again. I say we impeach the judges who support gay marriage.

Homosexuals had no standing to challenge prop 8.
Since there is no natural right for gays to marry, their rights were not violated.

The governments have reasonable cause to prohibit gay marriage, homosexual acts, premarital sex, and extra-marital sex; the prevention of the spread of sexually transmitted diseases; healthy families; and the protection of the rights of children.

Children have the right to be raised in a healthy environment, not in an environment of perverts.

Location hidden

#185063 Mar 27, 2013
LeVasseur Ricton wrote:
Sarah Palli is still relevant. Ms Palinn is not going away and she will not be supplanted by Backman. No way oh say. Sarah Pallin is next to god and she has a plan and is as the russians used to call Ricepuddin "uri-divi" or divine idiot that is in waiting to be filled by the holy spirit and speak or act out the lord's will.
WAIT for Sarha Plai Palinn. Drill baby. Deport everybody and then charge plenty-o to come back. She says that will enrich our economy and improve morale and create plenty of jobs. Oh, well.
How many times can you misspell a persons name in a single post?

1) Sarah Palli
2) Ms Palinn
3) Sarah Pallin
4) Sarha Plai Palinn
Log Cabs

La Puente, CA

#185064 Mar 27, 2013
Log peelers are great.
Log Cabs

La Puente, CA

#185065 Mar 27, 2013
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185066 Mar 27, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because people far more intelligent than yourself understand why we have an electoral college.
there are also things i like about it.....

either way???

you guys are not winning the presidncy for a LONG LONG time...

frankly, until you get on the right side of history, realize this is a VERY diverse country(not just diverse amongst white folk)

and become a party of INCLUSION instead of what i see presently, which is a party of exclusion, you are not going to be anything but a curiousity of the past, or in other words.......a relic.

as far as im concerned, those of you have hijacked your party(to the far right), can keep hijacking it until kingdom come.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185067 Mar 27, 2013
Oakland Native wrote:
The liberals on the Supreme Court appear be headed toward ignoring precedent, the historical record, common sense and logic once again. I say we impeach the judges who support gay marriage.
Since there is no natural right for gays to marry, their rights were not violated.
The governments have reasonable cause to prohibit gay marriage, homosexual acts, premarital sex, and extra-marital sex; the prevention of the spread of sexually transmitted diseases; healthy families; and the protection of the rights of children.
Children have the right to be raised in a healthy environment, not in an environment of perverts.
YOUR religious beliefes are "common sense'??

"the governments have reasonable cause to prohibit premaritial sex?""

are you kidding me??

you are a text book case of someone from the far right, whos mentality is stuck in the middle of the last century..

why not join us here in the 21st century, where people sleep with each other LONG before they take the plunge....

let me guess?? you think divorce is some sort of crime too??

ps; the precident is that the constitution has been used to EXPAND rights, not prohibit them...

other wise, wed have the same social situation as we had when this country was founded......people have pushed forward to the effect of progress, socially.....if you dont like it.....

go back to 1963...

mad men indeed!!

Location hidden

#185068 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
there are also things i like about it.....
either way???
you guys are not winning the presidncy for a LONG LONG time...
frankly, until you get on the right side of history, realize this is a VERY diverse country(not just diverse amongst white folk)
Tell that to Reagan.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185069 Mar 27, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust? It has nothing to do with "trust", it has everything to do with republicanism vs nationalism. And it has EVERYTHING to do with State sovereignty.
"It was equally desirable, that the immediate election should be made by men most capable of analyzing the qualities adapted to the station, and acting under circumstances favorable to deliberation, and to a judicious combination of all the reasons and inducements which were proper to govern their choice. A small number of persons, selected by their fellow-citizens from the general mass, will be most likely to possess the information and discernment requisite to such complicated investigations. It was also peculiarly desirable to afford as little opportunity as possible to tumult and disorder. This evil was not least to be dreaded in the election of a magistrate, who was to have so important an agency in the administration of the government as the President of the United States. But the precautions which have been so happily concerted in the system under consideration, promise an effectual security against this mischief."- Alexander Hamilton; Federalist 68
"''Hence it is that democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and in general have been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths… A republic, by which I mean a government in which a scheme of representation takes place, opens a different prospect and promises the cure for which we are seeking.''"- James Madison: Federalist 10
does your sense of states rights, extend to what kind of medicine residents can grow in their gardens??

that should be an easy one....

for many on the far right, it does not.

they hide behind federal law(yes that is right)

and it is a good litmus test as to how hypocritical you are.

Location hidden

#185070 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
does your sense of states rights, extend to what kind of medicine residents can grow in their gardens??
that should be an easy one....
for many on the far right, it does not.
they hide behind federal law(yes that is right)
and it is a good litmus test as to how hypocritical you are.
Can you type in complete coherent sentences?

If you are asking about drugs?

The Federal Government holds no power over drug laws, it is a State issue.

On the flip side of that, every "right" also comes with a responsibility, so don't expect me to pay for your rehab if your become irresponsible with your "medication".

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#185071 Mar 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sexual intercourse, also known as copulation or coitus, is the insertion and thrusting of a male's penis into a female's vagina for the purposes of sexual pleasure or reproduction."
Any other sexual act is DADT.
Smile.
So, you could never get her to touch you in any other way, huh? Pity... Most guys at least get a "handy"--maybe even a little oral action. Some even like to "hit it from behind".

Good lord, sometimes talking to you is like talking to a 5 year old.

Next time I'll bring sock puppets.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#185072 Mar 27, 2013
Oakland Native wrote:
Sorry, but you've already missed the boat on the government's "reasonable cause to prohibit homosexual acts". In 2003 the Supreme Court granted that homosexual acts are legal and cannot be criminalized in this country.

Your "G-rated" vision of the world is a fairy tale. STDs have been around a very long time.

Here's a fascinating fact... Pubic lice are believed to have been transmitted to mankind by way of the apes. And it wasn't via sexual contact (get your head out of the gutter). It's likely that it was contracted when ancient man slept in nests that gorillas had made.

That's something that you probably won't learn in biology class.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#185073 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
i HAve watched that documentary....
its great!
you know ken is gay right?
That's his business. Is that why you watched it?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#185074 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>

I watched that, and somehow it didnt turn me into a republican, or a slavery lover... or someone who was sore at the union ..it potraited a middle of the road explaination....
i wouldnt have watched it if it was some weird right wing peice of agiprop....
the republicans were really the first party of civil rights...
and MADE this country in many ways....
buT that was the 19th century...
and the culture of the twentieth century is waY different.
and soemhow the repubs became the party exclusion.
I KNOW how, but you wont buy it, and neither may rock.
next post.
did you think it was a documentary to recruit Republicans? or was that the bong talking again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 min Frijoles 69,490
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 22 hr RiccardoFire 16,008
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sep 28 No Time for Tea 5,084
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 27 Bucketeers 7,965
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep 21 fancy 3
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 21 theos 2,275
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Monterey Jobs

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]