Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,189

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#184950 Mar 27, 2013
endocannabanoid system wrote:
<quoted text>
right!!! in 1860,
the slave owners were like "yeah well give up those slaves"
the south tried to secede because they wanted to remain a slave using republic.
we fought a HUGE CIVIL war over slavery....
i guess they didnt teach that at your school.
OMG, you really are stupid. Don't you know that we didn't fight that war to free the slaves? Ever wonder why it was called "The War Of Northern Aggression"? It was because the South was making so much $$ from the trade it had, with other countries, that the North ordered it to sell them raw, unfinished goods and products, at a drastic loss, and then buy back finished goods and products, at rapish profits, that the South said "no". It was then that the North moved on the South, with blockades of all ports that the South used for exportation. THAT was what the Civil War was all about. Lincoln owned slaves. Lincoln said that if he could save the union, without freeing one slave, he would do so. The abolishment of slavery was a strike at the workforce that the South used, to make its profits. You dumb-ass. Don't post when you don't know what you are talking about. Damn.... You're welcome for the history lesson.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#184951 Mar 27, 2013
endocannabanoid system wrote:
along those same lines as the redding tea party situation??
a 2nd amendment rights meeting in hayfork ca.
was restricted only to people who would sign a
"2nd amendment rights protection promise"
(they had little arm bands too, just kidding, but they might as well have)
and local reporters were told to go f%%K off.
they appartently are ashamed of their message...
anyone who wanted to broadly enter pro 2nd amendment activism, would try to publicize their cause??
wouldnt they??
their official manifesto sounds very much like Bush's "you either with us or you are against us"
So, you also disagree with those of us that own guns, eh? Giving up all that made us strong. Traitor. You can go and be an uneducated sheep, but not me.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#184952 Mar 27, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Speak for yourself, don't be so presumptious, as to speak for all of us.
2) That 60% number is a flat-out lie.
3) We already don't recognize the document that you are attempting to re-interpret, in your favor, of course. That's the document that states that the States decide marriage law, not the Fed.
Shit, son, by the time you get done fiddling with it, we'll all be gay, if you get your way. We already know what you want.
how is that??

im not gay, but im a crusader against ALL bigotry.

there is your answer.

the poll from ABC news was at 58% favorablity for gay marraige.

what polls do YOU have to show us ??

the arguements the right are offereing, are being picked apart this week by the scotus justices, just like they were picked apart in the lower courts...

youve been making them as well i see.

so let me see if i get this straight??

you are pro-federal law/ when it suits your cause?/

AND you are pro- states rights also, when it serves your cause?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#184953 Mar 27, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I don't belong to any organization that has hatred for gay people. I am not Mormon. I have never seen a history book list names of people that were not for the civil rights of blacks other then a few groups like the kkk. I really could care less on the gay marriage issue, it won't affect me. You liberals seem to have fun saying that line of crap about being on the wrong side of history. LOL.
It makes them feel better, it contributes to the air of superiority that they have assumed, as our moral compasses.
Slipping

La Puente, CA

#184954 Mar 27, 2013
The RNC GOP Republican and Tea Party Screwed the American public so much that the CDC has announced that there are now: 110,197,000 VENEREAL INFECTIONS IN USA.

61% of voting Americans are sick and tired of the John Boehner and other grand standing blow hards.

Looks like the SS RNC GOP Republican and Tea Party is going down and under the waves.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#184955 Mar 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
A “Lost Cause” supporter LOL
I didn’t know there were any left alive
The "Lost Cause" was an effort by the south to re-write history, and what the war was actually about, and to vilify and make heroic certain figures.
If you actually knew anything... anything at all about American history, you would know that every cause of the war was linked to slavery.
Economically, politically, in every sense and every cause, slavery was at the bottom of it.
They withdrew from the union because of the fact that with Lincoln as president they would not be able to maintain an equal number of slave states to non-slave states, which would eventually be the end of slavery, so they succeeded from the union
Here you go, this is elementary schools stuff
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_the_A...
I hate to do this, but I am saying it plainly. You are full of shit, there. That war was about economics, not humanitarianism. Slavery was a common practice. Lincoln's letter to Greely was a lie, eh? You were there and know that he didn't write it, yes? Liar. I had a lot of respect for you, but you just lost some of it, not that it matters. And, the word is "seceded". Not "succeeded".
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#184956 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
So, you also disagree with those of us that own guns, eh? Giving up all that made us strong. Traitor. You can go and be an uneducated sheep, but not me.
actaully,im pro 2nd amendment rights.

Im for your right to OWN YOUR PEICE..

that post was more about the fact that you had to sign a loyaty plegde JUST to hear what they were pitching.

when you are an activist??

you try to get your message out.

unless you are somehow ashamed of the message you are lecturing on...other wise, you are just going to be preaching to the choir.

background checks make sense, so does an assault rifle ban.

as well as limiting clip size (lets face it, you can have as much ammo as you can carry)

90% of the country supports background checks...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#184957 Mar 27, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Supreme Court hints that it won't issue sweeping ruling on same-sex marriage
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/...
In a historic argument on a challenge to state laws that limit marriage to heterosexual couples, the Supreme Court indicated Tuesday that it might be hesitant to strike down such laws.
Following the oral argument, Pete Williams of NBC News reported that it seemed “quite obvious that the U.S. Supreme Court is not prepared to issue any kind of sweeping ruling” declaring that same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry.
Williams said there seemed to be “very little eagerness” from any of the justices to “embrace that broad a ruling.”
Oh, to quote bat-shit-crazy X-Box: "LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.....lol....l ol....."
I'll be darned, the SCOTUS is done play-acting, for the benefit of the White House, now. Now, we'll get real, again. Hahaha.
:-D
Spoon off

La Puente, CA

#184958 Mar 27, 2013
Fire the whole bunch of stupid fools.

The agency has been plagued with a rash of humiliating incidents at area airports — including the failure of Newark screeners in February to catch an undercover fed with a fake explosive stuffed in his pants at either of two checkpoints.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#184959 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
OMG, you really are stupid. Don't you know that we didn't fight that war to free the slaves? Ever wonder why it was called "The War Of Northern Aggression"? It was because the South was making so much $$ from the trade it had, with other countries, that the North ordered it to sell them raw, unfinished goods and products, at a drastic loss, and then buy back finished goods and products, at rapish profits, that the South said "no". It was then that the North moved on the South, with blockades of all ports that the South used for exportation. THAT was what the Civil War was all about. Lincoln owned slaves. Lincoln said that if he could save the union, without freeing one slave, he would do so. The abolishment of slavery was a strike at the workforce that the South used, to make its profits. You dumb-ass. Don't post when you don't know what you are talking about. Damn.... You're welcome for the history lesson.
unfortunatley i wont find a copy of such a fine interpretation in any place but the south.

you seem to long for old days, before the thirteeth amendment.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#184960 Mar 27, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Did Lincoln say repeatedly the war was not being fought over slavery? yes or no. Do you think after the Civil war blacks and whites were treated equal?
There is the issue with the 13th amendment, on January 11, 1864 the 13th amendment(which would effectively ban slavery) was proposed, in April, 1864 the bill was rejected(that's right REJECTED), so here is the problem, the Union(which apparently according to some people was fighting to end slavery) actually voted down the 1st anti-slavery amendment, and it wasn't until February 1, 1865 when they voted on it again(and this time it passed)
So if they were in fact fighting over slavery, why would they vote down the Amendment that personified their reason for fighting? it was because they weren't fighting over slavery.
Saying Slavery is the cause the civil war is an Oversimplification, basically people try to simplify the causes of the war down to 1 issue, which causes people to ignore all of the other issues, such as State authority over Federal authority(or in other words, States Rights)
While Slavery was an issue during the War, historically speaking, it was one of literally dozens(if not hundreds) of causes for the war. remember that at that time, everyone volunteered to go to war, which meant that all 3+Million people had their own individual reasons to fight, and yes some on both sides did fight for slavery, but some fought solely for States Rights as well
I've told him before that he lives in Never-Never-Land.
Did Lincoln say repeatedly the war was not being fought over slavery? yes or no. YES (X) or NO ().
Economics, purely.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#184961 Mar 27, 2013
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean unlikely? Last time I checked there was something called the 14th amendment on the USA! Why the hell should I be denied equal marriage rights because I live in Pennsylvania? You know the Supreme Court ruled in 1967 that STATE bans on interracial marriage was unconstitutional. Marriage is a fundamental right!
No, it's not, it is decided by the particular state that you reside in. Read the Constitution sometime...
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#184962 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
I hate to do this, but I am saying it plainly. You are full of shit, there. That war was about economics, not humanitarianism. Slavery was a common practice. Lincoln's letter to Greely was a lie, eh? You were there and know that he didn't write it, yes? Liar. I had a lot of respect for you, but you just lost some of it, not that it matters. And, the word is "seceded". Not "succeeded".
you guys and your revisionism....

you crack me up.

running against all convention ON ALL issues.

your party has truly lost its way...

my advice is to ditch the social conservatives before its too late.

some of the things ive heard latley are just precious!!

in terms of entertainment value.

my favorite was reince prebus....

"our values are sound, we just have to reach out to people in minority groups and make them realize their values are the same as ours"

im paraphrasing, but the message is clear.

the rethuglicans need to rebrand their brainwashing efforts to sell an unpopular social and economic adgena.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#184963 Mar 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying won’t help you, I didn’t say it was one issue, I said every major issue, every cause of the secession ( quite a number of them ) was tied to the institution of slavery and the continuation of that institution.
That is a fact
For economic warfare, not due to bleeding hearts, as you implied.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#184964 Mar 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
Has anyone heard from Kimare this afternoon? Was he called before the Supreme Court to offer his "brilliant" comments about male anal sex, cross-cultural constraint crapola and his deep understanding of "epigentics mistake"?
Gosh, having read the arguments presented and questions asked by the justices and I don't believe any of these notions were raised by either side.
LOSER!!!
Weren't you?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#184965 Mar 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>...and that is the ONLY accepted legal definition, is it? How very odd..... Gay couples cannot consummate their marriages, yet they get married every day.... strange.
Someone is out of touch with reality.
Yes. And, clearly, that someone is you.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#184966 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
And no-one ever points out how much money the Negroes made, selling their brethren into slavery. It's all about "hate the white man", all that that is. Remember the cry "Pharaoh, let my people go?"? The ancient Egyptians were a black race. Owning the lighter skinned Jews.$$, wherever you look.
who would ever take serious you or your party??

you guys think sharia law is invading the us, and hillary clintons aide is with the muslim brotherhood.

not to mention still being lost in birther land.

is obama a kenyan commo-facist?? or a islamo facsist...

could he be both??....ill bet he could, on the glen beck show.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184967 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
For economic warfare, not due to bleeding hearts, as you implied.
Yes even the economic part also was directly related to slavery.

I don’t know if you are implying that there was not an abolitionist movement and that Lincoln was not directly connected to that movement before taking office, if you don’t realize that you need to do some more reading in history

His involvement and election was directly involved in the first states succeeding as they know they would not be able to maintain an equal number of slave state with Lincoln as president
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#184968 Mar 27, 2013
William P wrote:
Please investigate the city of Glendora, CA the same way the city of Bell, CA was investigated.
This city is in serious jeopardy ever since a certain element took over and declared themselves KING,
I created a petition to Governor Jerry Brown and President Barack Obama which says:
"Please sign my petition to President Obama and Governor Jerry Brown asking them to order a thorough investigation of the city of Glendora, California the same way the city of Bell, California was investigated."
Will you sign this petition? Click here:
http://signon.org/sign/please-investigate-the ...
I would have, but it said this: "
Petition Not Available

This petition has been taken down.

Go to SignOn.org Home"
I'd sign any petition that comes from the people, asking for the government to look into grievances raised by it's citizens. but we both know that that will not happen.
Fair Game

La Puente, CA

#184969 Mar 27, 2013
As reported some time ago, all efforts by the insiders deep in Glendora, California - city hall have backfired.

They have promoted people from the inside and out side city hall even hired through false pretenses and even she is failing, the single reason she was hired, she failed at that too! So they promoted her, what a waste.

The long and tall of it is that Chris Jeffers and Jeff Kugel are running Glendora, lets not leave out the cronies like Douglas Tessitor, Terry Kent, Gene Murabito, Judy Nelson, Gary Clifford, Joseph Santoro, D. Wayne Leech and Karen Davis.

They are running businesses out of Glendora at record pace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 50 min J RULES 69,965
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 17 savvylocal 245
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep 21 fancy 3

Beach Hazards Statement for Monterey County was issued at October 20 at 9:04PM PDT

Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey Jobs

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]