Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,976

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#184821 Mar 27, 2013
hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
<quoted text>
what an excellect solution.
we can further sort out the bigots(rightwingers) by corraling them all off into three distinct regions of the country....the south, the great plains and Idaho, utah and wyoming.
that is another reason why i recommended utah...
youd feel more at home there, politically.
the rest of the states will allow gay marraige
and benefit from tourist dollars from other tolerate populations from other tolerant(blue) states.
And gay folks who oppose legal ssm for the same reason(s) that many straight folks do, will they be sent to "reeducation camps" so that they may tow the rainbow party line? That would fit in with your proposal.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#184822 Mar 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
On Monday, March 24, post#184434 you said:
"More BS gay twirl lies.
THE LATEST SCIENCE SAYS THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS A (sic) EPI-MARKER MISTAKE.(emphasis added)
Moreover, the most intimate imitation of natural sex, anal sex, is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. I've posted that fact from a gay friendly medical site many times if someone doesn't have the common sense to know the anus is not a vagina.
Could be just a couple reasons why it's so hard for every culture in all of human history to get...
Snicker."
----------
The latest science DOES NOT say that homosexuality is an "epigenetic mistake". If you search Google, you will not find the words "epigenetic mistake" written with regards to homosexuality by anyone other than you.
So you continuously lie to people on here.
Scientist who theorize that homosexuality is related to epigenetics use words like "might be" or "could result in" or "further study is needed".
No one has came up with a final answer as you suggest over and over again.
Scientist have come up with a theory that "on paper" appears to suggest a connection. They've conducted NO clinical work in the laboratory.
Furthermore, scientists are not suggesting that this is a "defect" or a "mistake". They are simply saying that there appears to be a connection--that it might explain why homosexuality exists. They haven't made a judgement as to whether or not homosexuality is a mistake by using this theory.
If you want to be taken seriously, you should stop lying.
VV, the conclusion is all but settled. The key word scientists use is 'normally'. You can deny the inevitable fact that homosexuality is an abnormal genetic mistake. You already deny the inherent harm, unhealthiness and demeaning nature of anal sex. You already deny redumbant genders are distinct from diverse gendered couples, no surprise...

Perhaps, you might find a scientific article that says what you are saying? I've posted articles of what they are.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#184824 Mar 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
At this point, it's the only card they have to play.
Really VV?

Was that what your last post to me was about?

Smacks of gay twirl hate and lies to me...

Snicker.
THE LONE WORKER

Bellevue, WA

#184825 Mar 27, 2013
I have a problem with men making sexual advances and getting mad when you tell them no. If we make same sex unions normal in society, then peole who feel this is morally wrong will be laughed at and disrespected. All of these perverts are not nice people and if the courts condone their lifstyle choices we will see more of it in public.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#184827 Mar 27, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
The real question is why do haterís always digress to references of a sexual nature?
Why do haters of monogamous opposie sex marriage, ignore the fact that marriage is a sexual union of husband and wife?
Why do they feel compelled to focus on what people do to express their love and affection for their lover?
Why do they feel compelled to blur the distinctions between different types of sexual behavior?
]
Donít they realize that regardless of sexual orientation we all have very diverse sexual desires and needs?
Yes they do, and that is understandable. However that doesn't all thing are equal, or serve the same function. Distinctions can be, and are made.

Marriage, at its core, in the larger sense, is a sexual union of a male and female. Granted there will always be some individual marriages that are not sexual, either by choice or physical obstacles, but that doesn't change the nature of marriage itself. Societies throughout human history have recognized this. That's why KiMare points to it a a constraint on evolutionary mating. Human reproduction is sexual. That's probably why SSM, despite some scattered historical examples, and the presence of same sex sexual behavior in various cultures, never truly took root,certainy not in western civilization. If it had, there'd be no need for this debate. SSM would have already developed, and would exist, alongside of both monogamous and polygamous opposite sex marriage.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184828 Mar 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no ability or authority to declare what is a dead argument.
Perhaps if you pray, those arguments might die???
Smile.
the supreme court does, and did, I am glad they agreed with me
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184829 Mar 27, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do haters of monogamous opposie sex marriage, ignore the fact that marriage is a sexual union of husband and wife?
I have not seen anyone express hatred for heterosexual marriages? Just because hatred is the central fact of your life, does not make it so for others

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#184830 Mar 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not seen anyone express hatred for heterosexual marriages? Just because hatred is the central fact of your life, does not make it so for others
Technically Big D its either opposite sex, or same sex, marriage. As to your second assertion, I'm a lover not a fighter, unless I have to. Vita e' Bella mi amico. Loosen up, have some vino.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184831 Mar 27, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically Big D its either opposite sex, or same sex, marriage. As to your second assertion, I'm a lover not a fighter, unless I have to. Vita e' Bella mi amico. Loosen up, have some vino.
You are the one dreaming up hatred in others, i have not seen that, I am in a happy and strong heterosexual marriage, I have not see one post from folks supporting same sex marriage attacking my marriage, although I have had a few derogatory comments for you religious folks.

The only hatred for marriage I have seen, is from your side
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184833 Mar 27, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is marriage, inclusive of both in the eyes of the law, equal in the eyes of the law, embracing one does not mean hatred for the other. Love can be like a candle, you can light many candles from one, and none of them diminish the light from the candle they were lit from

As I am having Italian tonight I may have a little wineÖ I am a cab man, I like the depth and complexity of a good Cab, I know Pinot Noir is ( or was ) in vogue, but to me, it is still the Cabernet
patty poughkeepsie

Sonoma, CA

#184834 Mar 27, 2013
Hi Folks,
What we need to do is get down to BASICS. The Bachmann campaign will clear the air so that we can open our ears and hear the word, the truth and of the light as told by god himself to the enlightened who are available to tell you what is what and what you are supposed to do about it. Now her plan, GOD's plan is to deport all undesirables of every stripe and keep them deported. There will be a $15,000 fee charged to each "couple" and more for a family of course. The industry that will grow from this will be huge and a great investment and will repair all of our economic woes to such a degree that the Govment will have money left over to arm each and every one of us so that we can do what is needed when we see that it is needed. We can have peace and prosperity in one fell swoop and become the Dominion of God that the founding fathers intended where we are the world's GREAT THEOCRACY; One GOD, One WAY..or out.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#184835 Mar 27, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
as far as i an see??

you are just a bigot...
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#184836 Mar 27, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
And gay folks who oppose legal ssm for the same reason(s) that many straight folks do, will they be sent to "reeducation camps" so that they may tow the rainbow party line? That would fit in with your proposal.
how did you jump from from(my suggestion) encouraging bigots to move to red states?? to talking about camps??

are you so far to the reich, that you think in that language??

well?? benito????

i was just talking about gay tourist dollars, going to more gay accepting tourist destinations.

there is no "rainbow party"

by definition, anyone who joins the movement is tolerant.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#184837 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
as far as i an see??
you are just a bigot...
Your vision is very limited then. Ahhhh.....the joys of dissenting from the orthodoxy of the leftist rainbow coalition, not all mind you, just some. After all anyone who dares criticize that secular sacred cow known as same sex marriage, by gosh by golly Mr Cleaver just has to be a bigot, it says so in the manual.

You, in the words of Bugs Bunny, are a maroon.

http://m.youtube.com/...
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184838 Mar 27, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Your vision is very limited then. Ahhhh.....the joys of dissenting from the orthodoxy of the leftist rainbow coalition, not all mind you, just some. After all anyone who dares criticize that secular sacred cow known as same sex marriage, by gosh by golly Mr Cleaver just has to be a bigot, it says so in the manual.
Oh no, he is right, they are not out to deny rights of yours, they are only asking for their equal treatment under the law.

And your hatred drives you to be against that equal consideration under the law.

You, and those like you are the only ones showing hatred, the only ones attacking marriage.

I am not a member of any rainbow coalition, nor a member of any gay community ( although I expect they would welcome me regardless of the fact that I donít happen to be gay ) as I am not a bigot, and think all Americans should expect equal treatment in the eyes of the law

It is a matter of patriotism
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#184839 Mar 27, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
as a human you actually dont seem that bad...

but as an debater, you s&ck..

rainbow and orthodoxy dont really go hand in hand in the same sentence...

orthodoxy goes well in a sentence with "tea-party"

or "new new rethuglican"

the whole idea of a "RAINBOW" is inclusivness..

im sorry that you want to have you three way relationship backed up by the law.

well do that when public opinion backs you up. and the rainbow will cover you.

public opinion backs up gay marraige.

sorry about your situation....

mabey someday...
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#184840 Mar 27, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I have one big suggestion for your karmic situation...

accept other people's marraige and relationships(including gay and lesbain marraige)

and the universe might reciprocate and allow(by law) your situation...

otherwise you are just digging a karmic hole for yourself.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#184841 Mar 27, 2013
From the oral arguments:

CHIEF JUSTICE ROBERTS: So it's just about -- it's just about the label in this case.

MR. OLSON: The label is -≠

CHIEF JUSTICE ROBERTS: Same-sex couples have every other right, it's just about the label.

MR. OLSON: The label "marriage" means something. Even our opponents -≠

CHIEF JUSTICE ROBERTS: Sure. If you tell -- if you tell a child that somebody has to be their friend, I suppose you can force the child to say, this is my friend, but it changes the definition of what
it means to be a friend.

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/627679/...

And that's it seems to me what the -- what supporters of Proposition 8 are saying here. You're -≠ all you're interested in is the label and you insist on changing the definition of the label.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184842 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
as a human you actually dont seem that bad...
but as an debater, you s&ck..
rainbow and orthodoxy dont really go hand in hand in the same sentence...
orthodoxy goes well in a sentence with "tea-party"
or "new new rethuglican"
the whole idea of a "RAINBOW" is inclusivness..
im sorry that you want to have you three way relationship backed up by the law.
well do that when public opinion backs you up. and the rainbow will cover you.
public opinion backs up gay marraige.
sorry about your situation....
mabey someday...
Are you taken aback about how fast that happened?

I am, never have I seen public opinion sway this far this fast on a social issue like this.

I am proud to be an American when I see that, people stand up for equality and justice for people different than themselves.

I am sure you realize that a majority of support for same sex marriage is now coming from people like me, that donít happen to be gay. For years I was in a minority, but now I look around and most Americans agree with me.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#184843 Mar 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am proud to be an American when I see that, people stand up for equality and justice for people different than themselves.
Quite different from when liberals have been on the wrong side of history here in the US.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 2 hr Bikerboy 7,956
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles 3 hr fancy 3
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL 69,415
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 8 hr theos 2,276
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sat free for all 5,081
Dennis W (Veeser) from Krakow Wi. Fri Mia 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey