Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#184298 Mar 24, 2013
endocannabanoid system wrote:
<quoted text>
unfortunately you didnt provide a defense of "traditional marriage"
none of you baggers ever can.
You lie too.

To use your bigotry, none of you faggots can ever provide a defense of the most basic essence of marriage; a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

So please, explain how a redumbant gendered couple, merely a replicated half of a marriage, totally incapable of ever mutually producing human fruit, the exclusive goal of mating behavior, is the same as 'traditional marriage'?

Bazinga!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#184299 Mar 24, 2013
<quoted text>
I dont have any "opponents"
you are either tolerant of people not like yourself???
or you are not(like you) and on the wrong side of history
83 % of folks under thirty approve of same sex marraige.
and 58% of the population at large is now in favor of gay marriage.
up from just 23% in 1996
the future is tolerant, not bigoted.
sorry.
ps; we dont let the majority vote on the minorities rights here in america.
if we did?? bigots like you would have held on to slavery at least another half a century.
I can imagine you are a constitutionalist...... though you probably only like the original one, without all those pesky amendments.
pps: ill give you credit, at least you actually read stuff!!
when most baggers as dumb as you, dont even try!
Interesting.

You site gay polls espousing democracy, then turn around and demand the twisted perversion of a republic's rights.

Want it both ways when it's your way seems to me...

By the way, history exclusively shows that when young people get a life and grow up, then tend to believe just like old people do now... Does that worry you?

Smirk.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#184300 Mar 24, 2013
Mr Anderson wrote:
Im sorry brian, but the state doesnt actually require marriages to produce anything......
I never claimed procreation is a requirement for marriage, just that the state benefits most from the children of married husbands and wives.

Mr Anderson wrote:
mabey you should leave your religious beliefes in the closet, where they belong.
What "religious beliefes[sic]"? Do you think arguing for procreation is a religious notion? My argument doesn't mention religion, it has nothing to do with religion.

For some people, religion is the number one reason to keep marriage one man and one woman. On my list, religion is number 26.

Mr Anderson wrote:
same sex marraige is far from a "culture of death".... i think you truly need to remove your head from your arse to have a discussion without sounding like a mideval asshole!!
If you argue same sex marriage is good because population growth is bad; that promotes the culture of death. I value every human life, homosexuals have infinite worth just like very other person. Same sex marriage is bad because many of its promoters fear population growth and favor restricting the number of children you may have.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#184301 Mar 24, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
You seem to be all rolled up in negative thought. You indicate that you think this is some form of attack on marriage. I see it as sharing access. Exclusion is a negative action. It isn't as if gays are wresting our marriages away from us. You have yet to show any harm that isn't contrived.
I see same sex marriage as adding a standard of segregation, a new form of gender apartheid marriage. I see same sex marriage as anti-gay because every gay was born of male/female union.

Exclusion is a positive action because we don't want unqualified people licensed to marry, fly passenger planes or performing surgical operations. Exclusion maintains standards.
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#184304 Mar 24, 2013
LGBTQ IS SIN. Sinners Will Not Be In The Resurrection To Life.
Quest

Drakes Branch, VA

#184305 Mar 24, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhhhhhhh......I get it! So all the state has to do s declare a relationship marriage, and presto....better health, financial stability,......who wouldn't want that?
The states already do that with Heterosexual adults. Why should it be any different with gay adults who are similarly situated?

And yes, who would want LESS secure couples, families, and children?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#184306 Mar 24, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
VV, it's YOUR analogy!
Now you are confusing yourself?
Snicker, smirk smile.
<quoted text>
VV, you lie again!
post 184206
"Children are to all marriages, as sheep are to all farmers.(not all farmers raise sheep)."
Got caught with your pants down again...
However, the real question is, why do ss couples find it so hard to establish their own identity?
It's not about rights, those can and have been addressed in other ways.
It's not about family, most people like (and want) having their one natural mother and father together and raising them. A gay couple is never more than one of those, and always missing a gender.
It's not about acceptance, this forum and history are evidence that many will never accept that ss couples are the same as marriage. The only result of forcing that on people is a greater resentment, not acceptance.
You need to ask yourself why it is impossible for you to never successfully counter that inner sense of sexual brokenness.
Oh, and everyone knows exactly what the apple and walnut tree analogy means.
Smile.
Children are to all marriages, as sheep are to all farmers.

This means that not all marriages involve children and not all farmers involve sheep. Very simple... Very clear...

Same-gender couples have no difficulty finding their own identity. We find someone who we fall in love with and wish to spend our lives with. We want to marry and combine our lives. Couldn't be more simple.

Not all same-gender couples want children, just as not all opposite-gender couples want children. And since children aren't a prerequisite for marriage, it's ridiculous to continue to bring them up.

Same-gender couples would like widespread "respect" for their relationships, but we're not going to hang out and wait for that to happen. We certainly haven't waited for widespread acceptance of homosexuality in order to live our lives openly.

It's kind of like how neo-conservative, right wing, religious extremists aren't widely accepted in this country. That hasn't stopped people like you from living your life.

For me to "counter" what you call my "inner sexual brokenness", I would have to agree that I am "sexually broken". This is not a concept that I agree with. I am not sexually broken. Scientists have proven it. The medical community agrees. You're the only one living in some fantasy world where you and people like you believe homosexuals are broken.

Oh... And the apple tree, walnut tree analogy has never been explained. You keep using it. No one, to my knowledge, has yet explained what it has to do with same-gender marriage; not even you.
SUWear

La Puente, CA

#184308 Mar 24, 2013
You must be talking about those mormon mofo's.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#184309 Mar 24, 2013
North Carolina Church Vows To Stop Marriages Until Same-Sex Couples Can Wed

A church in North Carolina will stop performing marriages until United Methodist pastors are allowed to officiate weddings for same-sex couples in the Tar Heel state.

The Green Street United Methodist Church in Winston-Salem made the announcement on its Facebook page on Friday and held a press conference on Sunday detailing its plan. The Rev. Kelly Carpenter told FoxNews.com on Monday that his 400-member congregation and its 18-member Leadership Council have long considered the move.

“Many people in our church have been very active about marriage equality in North Carolina, so we’re not new to talking about this issue,” Carpenter said.“So over the past year, this statement has developed, and not only to the state of North Carolina, but also to the United Methodist Church in regards to the injustice of not being able to conduct same-sex weddings.”

(Another group of Christians who are supportive of same-sex marriage)

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/18/north-ca...
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184310 Mar 24, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie too.
To use your bigotry, none of you faggots can ever provide a defense of the most basic essence of marriage; a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
So please, explain how a redumbant gendered couple, merely a replicated half of a marriage, totally incapable of ever mutually producing human fruit, the exclusive goal of mating behavior, is the same as 'traditional marriage'?
Bazinga!
where did i claim that homosexual unions would produce anything..??

you need to read my posts through if you want to reply witout looking stoopier than you already are.

the basis of marraige was provided in my posts...
its called LOVE...

dont use derogatory terms like "fa&&ot"
it only cheapens your NON arguement.

how do you know im a "fa**ot" anyhow?

im just standing up for a group of folks that need it....
because you BIGOTS keep attacking their rights.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184311 Mar 24, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
You site gay polls espousing democracy, then turn around and demand the twisted perversion of a republic's rights.
Want it both ways when it's your way seems to me...
By the way, history exclusively shows that when young people get a life and grow up, then tend to believe just like old people do now... Does that worry you?
Smirk.
NO it doesnt.....

im citing scientific polling...

you are citing what???

the number was 23 percent in 1996, now the country is "OLDER"

and were up to 58%, pretty much destroying your unfounded hypothesis.

my "GAY" poll is from the washington post, not exactly a bastion of liberalism or homosexuality...but what do you know about newspapers?? not much.

you dont read stuff from them.

btw; you have no "RIGHTS" to deny people their civil liberties...

you know?? the ones YOU already enjoy.

try to cheer up about gay marraige being accepted.

they will be laughing at this era in the far distant future....

just like we tend to think of people in the FAR distance past as un-evolved......because when bigotry ran rapant.......this society WAS socially unevolved.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#184312 Mar 24, 2013
<quoted text>
I dont have any "opponents"
you are either tolerant of people not like yourself???
or you are not(like you) and on the wrong side of history
83 % of folks under thirty approve of same sex marraige.
up from just 23% in 1996
the future is tolerant, not bigoted.
sorry.
ps; we dont let the majority vote on the minorities rights here in america.
if we did?? bigots like you would have held on to slavery at least another half a century.
I can imagine you are a constitutionalist...... though you probably only like the original one, without all those pesky amendments.
pps: ill give you credit, at least you actually read stuff!!
when most baggers as dumb as you, dont even try!
These statistics: "83 % of folks under thirty approve of same sex marraige.
up from just 23% in 1996" are not true, they are propaganda. As I have repeatedly pointed out. These "polls" that are quoted are simply carefully conducted screenings, using control groups to arrive at a predetermined result. We have not had a mass-mailing to all the households of America, so these "polls" are not real. The rights enumerated in the Constitution are simply in place to guard the citizenry against governmental transgressions, not to ensure that all of us can claim to be equal to each other. The governments job is not to pronounce Gays as minority class, but to manage the country (which, I might add, they are doing poorly). They are not here to make us be nice to each other, nor to make us accept all the changes that are occurring.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184313 Mar 24, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The state requires posterity and married couples produce children with better outcomes than children born out of wedlock. Better still, graduate high school, find a job and marry before having children. Tough love; marriage isn't a remedial course designed to make homosexuals feel normal.
I understand your support for oppressed minorities; it makes you feel like a good person to push for rewriting marriage law to be inclusive and egalitarian. We understand that and want you to be happy, not to violate the taboos of society. How you live is your business and our law is everyone's business.
However, all people are not equal, men and women differ. When we're dead we are all equal. In that ersatz equality manner, same sex marriage is like a culture of death.
you claimed the state requires marriages to produce children.

you did it in the first sentence...

this is false....as the state requires NOTHING from a union between two adults.

wake up.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#184314 Mar 24, 2013
<quoted text>
where did i claim that homosexual unions would produce anything..??
you need to read my posts through if you want to reply witout looking stoopier than you already are.
the basis of marraige was provided in my posts...
its called LOVE...
dont use derogatory terms like "fa&&ot"
it only cheapens your NON arguement.
how do you know im a "fa**ot" anyhow?
im just standing up for a group of folks that need it....
because you BIGOTS keep attacking their rights.
We are not "attacking" their rights. They are asking for the granting of rights that they do not rate. There is no "Compelling Reason" to grant them the same status as heterosexual couples. Maybe compelling to them, but not to the majority of us. We are merely responding.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184315 Mar 24, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
These statistics: "83 % of folks under thirty approve of same sex marraige.
up from just 23% in 1996" are not true, they are propaganda. As I have repeatedly pointed out. These "polls" that are quoted are simply carefully conducted screenings, using control groups to arrive at a predetermined result. We have not had a mass-mailing to all the households of America, so these "polls" are not real. The rights enumerated in the Constitution are simply in place to guard the citizenry against governmental transgressions, not to ensure that all of us can claim to be equal to each other. The governments job is not to pronounce Gays as minority class, but to manage the country (which, I might add, they are doing poorly). They are not here to make us be nice to each other, nor to make us accept all the changes that are occurring.
if you choose to ignore mainstream polls from the likes of "ABC news and the washington post??

mabey you could produce other information that backs up your claim that america is actually WAY more bigoted about gay marraige than ALL these recent mainstream polls suggest.

you dont have to accept anything......

but the rest of the society around you is on its way accepting gay marraige.

ps: let me guess?? you were railing against all those polls that complealt NAILED the results(state by state) of the 2012 presidential election.

you and mitt and rove were dead wrong...
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184316 Mar 24, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not "attacking" their rights. They are asking for the granting of rights that they do not rate. There is no "Compelling Reason" to grant them the same status as heterosexual couples. Maybe compelling to them, but not to the majority of us. We are merely responding.
there is no "RIGHT" to deny others their rights.....

that is why we dont vote on minorty rights...

why dont you look it up??

or are you like riccardo??

who wont venture out of the right wing media drome to use adult search engines to do adult like research...
just announced

San Leandro, CA

#184317 Mar 24, 2013
hopefully this thread will be retired after the Supreme Court rules - the end of homophobes once and for all.

hate the haters.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184318 Mar 24, 2013
we the people means everybody...

not just those who are accepted into your right wing, socially conservative world... you guys have some ideas about how society should look, the rest of us just dont share those.

the nation shapes itself, as the more enlighten folks among us can see.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#184319 Mar 24, 2013
<quoted text>
it is still good to hear you admit it was a mistake.
Yes Bush was mislead, just like Clinton was, those advisers should be in jail. But that doesn't mean oblama is off the hook on everything he does.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#184320 Mar 24, 2013
<quoted text>
you guys just dont get it do you???
what was offensive is comparing a monogamous loving relationship with a managi troi.... sort of like when the bigoted haters compare beastiality with homosexuality........a ridiculous comparison for sure...
confusing a stable lesbian or gay monogamous relationship, with group sex is easy for you reich wingers... because your brains are so limited...
are you saying there are not people that are living in love as 3?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr L Morales 71,302
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 23 Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey