Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
160,561 - 160,580 of 200,328 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny, considering anyone could say they are married, hell they could even create a church that would perform homosexual marriages. BTW, they already exist Rose. Stop acting like this fight has nothing to do with benefits, benefits have EVERYTHING to do with it.
Your dishonesty combined with your illogical ranting are why people don't take you seriously.
Stupid, I never said the fight had *nothing* to do with benefits, it's just not the only thing. If it were, gay people could just marry friends, or strangers for that matter, of the opposite sex and get the benefits. Clearly something else is involved.

You take me seriously, you are fixated on me. You keep trying to "get" me. It's actually kind of funny.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Breath again?
If you forget to breathe it would be best not to do anything.
Except laugh.
Fail.

But that's nothing new for you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, I never said the fight had *nothing* to do with benefits, it's just not the only thing. If it were, gay people could just marry friends, or strangers for that matter, of the opposite sex and get the benefits. Clearly something else is involved.
You take me seriously, you are fixated on me. You keep trying to "get" me. It's actually kind of funny.
I don't need to try very hard to get you, I just need to show up.

BTW Rose, if there were NO benefits to marriage, you wouldn't see homosexuals fighting for the "right" to marry. This most certainly is about benefits Rose, you aren't fighting for the use of a word you moron.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW Rose, if there were NO benefits to marriage, you wouldn't see homosexuals fighting for the "right" to marry. This most certainly is about benefits Rose, you aren't fighting for the use of a word you moron.

You are so stupid it's funny.
Do you have some kind of point?
If the point is that you are a moron who is fixated me, that was made long time ago.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so stupid it's funny.
Do you have some kind of point?
If the point is that you are a moron who is fixated me, that was made long time ago.
You are dancing again Rose.

People present "points" to you all the time, you simply can't reply to them intelligently so you dance.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, we are a Constitutional Republic. The founders did not in any way shape or form create a democracy.
split hairs, if you will, but we are most certainly NOT a theocracy.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dancing again Rose.
People present "points" to you all the time, you simply can't reply to them intelligently so you dance.
Dance? What are you talking about?
I'm quite direct.
If you had any integrity, you'd have to admit that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
split hairs, if you will, but we are most certainly NOT a theocracy.
It's not "splitting hairs" it is a very distinct difference. The founder's fought for month's through the ratification debates to show that we were not to be a "democracy" that we were not a "national" government, but that we were in fact a republic with a federal government that was restricted in its powers through the specific enumerations contained within the Constitution. Go read the State Ratification debates, hell, Madison and Hamilton devoted no less than 4 of the Federalist papers to this topic.

There are not minor things, they should be taught, and they need to be understood. Many people spend their days on this thread screaming about "Constitutional Right's" when they don't have a damn clue what the true meaning of the words contained within the document.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dance?
Does that term confuse you?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Apollo11911 wrote:
<quoted text>No Dummy Apollo is a god.
No Dummy Apollo is a theater.
Yes yes yes

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

And the "drum of stupity" drums on.
Some Never Came Home

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
But it's perfectly OK for tax paying gays to supplement your benefits and privileges of being married! Sure benefits are part of gays wanting to have marriage equality but not the only reasons! Gays pay taxes and should be entitled to the very same benefits that you enjoy as a married heterosexual male,but as it stands now they aren't! Hopefully that will all change when DOMA falls and Prop 8 falls this coming June! Try again,you're simply wrong!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Some Never Came Home wrote:
<quoted text>
But it's perfectly OK for tax paying gays to supplement your benefits and privileges of being married! Sure benefits are part of gays wanting to have marriage equality but not the only reasons! Gays pay taxes and should be entitled to the very same benefits that you enjoy as a married heterosexual male,but as it stands now they aren't! Hopefully that will all change when DOMA falls and Prop 8 falls this coming June! Try again,you're simply wrong!
Welcome to the party clueless. Perhaps you should comprehend a persons position before you make an ass out of yourself.

Let me get you up to speed.

1) I am not in favor of benefits for marriage, I have made this clear many times. If ever there was an "equality" argument it is to be found in the tax laws regarding single vs marriage. Funny none of you take issue with that, you simply want your piece of the pie.

2)I have clearly statement many times as well, that Section 3 of DOMA is unconstitutional as the Federal Government lack's the enumerated power to regulate or define marriage.

3)And since the Federal Government lack's the enumerated power to regulate marriage and it is an issue left to the State (exactly what the lower court said when it tossed DOMA) said Federal Government including the Judiciary, lack the ability to toss Prop 8, for to do so would in fact be the Federal Government defining marriage.

Now crawl back under your rock.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Good you know more than most Christians I have talked to, I will give you that.
And I will defend your rights to believe, and will even defend your children from being indoctrinated in a religon other than you prefer, as long as you grant me the same right and protect them from yours.
Time to let your children and Grand kids decide for themselves, you sound as controlling as those you are critical of.
Some Never Came Home

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the party clueless. Perhaps you should comprehend a persons position before you make an ass out of yourself.
Let me get you up to speed.
1) I am not in favor of benefits for marriage, I have made this clear many times. If ever there was an "equality" argument it is to be found in the tax laws regarding single vs marriage. Funny none of you take issue with that, you simply want your piece of the pie.
2)I have clearly statement many times as well, that Section 3 of DOMA is unconstitutional as the Federal Government lack's the enumerated power to regulate or define marriage.
3)And since the Federal Government lack's the enumerated power to regulate marriage and it is an issue left to the State (exactly what the lower court said when it tossed DOMA) said Federal Government including the Judiciary, lack the ability to toss Prop 8, for to do so would in fact be the Federal Government defining marriage.
Now crawl back under your rock.
Ahhhhh.....poor little baby! LoL,Speak the truth and you go off on some prickish tangent! Will I see you under that rock you cock roach? How about you slither away now A-hole and STFU loser! So,I guess you'll be giving back those benefits that you enjoy that gays help supplement you on? Truth hurts now doesn't it bigot boy?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Some Never Came Home wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhhh.....poor little baby! LoL,Speak the truth and you go off on some prickish tangent! Will I see you under that rock you cock roach? How about you slither away now A-hole and STFU loser! So,I guess you'll be giving back those benefits that you enjoy that gays help supplement you on? Truth hurts now doesn't it bigot boy?
I am sorry that having your ass handed to you got you this upset. You are so wound up you can't even form complete coherent sentences.
Some Never Came Home

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry that having your ass handed to you got you this upset. You are so wound up you can't even form complete coherent sentences.
Dream on prick,When the Supreme court again overturns Doma and Prop 8 in June who cares what you think the azz will be in your hand not mine and it will be you eating the shyte! I will take great pleasure in that Bigot boy! Be careful I've seen you make mistakes all the time but I'm big enough to let them slide,on the other hand you continue to show what an A-hole you truly are! Now move along as I can plainly see what others think of you! LOL

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, quote where I said any such thing.
Smirk.
"Fourth, I have already noted before, a cure will likely come. The vast majority of people do not want their children born with defects." (Sunday Mar 17)

You want a "cure" for gay people. Does that not mean that you want us eliminated from the planet?
Phoney

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Who are all these phoney posters , posting their BULL.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fourth, I have already noted before, a cure will likely come. The vast majority of people do not want their children born with defects." (Sunday Mar 17)
You want a "cure" for gay people. Does that not mean that you want us eliminated from the planet?
It raises an ethical question. Should such s "cure" be utilized? If it could be determined in the womb, and, obviously this is speculative, its possible to correct "unusual", or , no offense intended, "abnormality", should it be done? With any "abnormality" not just "orientation"?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••