Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,977

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Yes yes yes

La Puente, CA

#183932 Mar 19, 2013
And the "drum of stupity" drums on.
Some Never Came Home

Tempe, AZ

#183933 Mar 19, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to try very hard to get you, I just need to show up.
BTW Rose, if there were NO benefits to marriage, you wouldn't see homosexuals fighting for the "right" to marry. This most certainly is about benefits Rose, you aren't fighting for the use of a word you moron.
But it's perfectly OK for tax paying gays to supplement your benefits and privileges of being married! Sure benefits are part of gays wanting to have marriage equality but not the only reasons! Gays pay taxes and should be entitled to the very same benefits that you enjoy as a married heterosexual male,but as it stands now they aren't! Hopefully that will all change when DOMA falls and Prop 8 falls this coming June! Try again,you're simply wrong!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#183934 Mar 19, 2013
Some Never Came Home wrote:
<quoted text>
But it's perfectly OK for tax paying gays to supplement your benefits and privileges of being married! Sure benefits are part of gays wanting to have marriage equality but not the only reasons! Gays pay taxes and should be entitled to the very same benefits that you enjoy as a married heterosexual male,but as it stands now they aren't! Hopefully that will all change when DOMA falls and Prop 8 falls this coming June! Try again,you're simply wrong!
Welcome to the party clueless. Perhaps you should comprehend a persons position before you make an ass out of yourself.

Let me get you up to speed.

1) I am not in favor of benefits for marriage, I have made this clear many times. If ever there was an "equality" argument it is to be found in the tax laws regarding single vs marriage. Funny none of you take issue with that, you simply want your piece of the pie.

2)I have clearly statement many times as well, that Section 3 of DOMA is unconstitutional as the Federal Government lack's the enumerated power to regulate or define marriage.

3)And since the Federal Government lack's the enumerated power to regulate marriage and it is an issue left to the State (exactly what the lower court said when it tossed DOMA) said Federal Government including the Judiciary, lack the ability to toss Prop 8, for to do so would in fact be the Federal Government defining marriage.

Now crawl back under your rock.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#183935 Mar 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Good you know more than most Christians I have talked to, I will give you that.
And I will defend your rights to believe, and will even defend your children from being indoctrinated in a religon other than you prefer, as long as you grant me the same right and protect them from yours.
Time to let your children and Grand kids decide for themselves, you sound as controlling as those you are critical of.
Some Never Came Home

Beacon, NY

#183936 Mar 19, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the party clueless. Perhaps you should comprehend a persons position before you make an ass out of yourself.
Let me get you up to speed.
1) I am not in favor of benefits for marriage, I have made this clear many times. If ever there was an "equality" argument it is to be found in the tax laws regarding single vs marriage. Funny none of you take issue with that, you simply want your piece of the pie.
2)I have clearly statement many times as well, that Section 3 of DOMA is unconstitutional as the Federal Government lack's the enumerated power to regulate or define marriage.
3)And since the Federal Government lack's the enumerated power to regulate marriage and it is an issue left to the State (exactly what the lower court said when it tossed DOMA) said Federal Government including the Judiciary, lack the ability to toss Prop 8, for to do so would in fact be the Federal Government defining marriage.
Now crawl back under your rock.
Ahhhhh.....poor little baby! LoL,Speak the truth and you go off on some prickish tangent! Will I see you under that rock you cock roach? How about you slither away now A-hole and STFU loser! So,I guess you'll be giving back those benefits that you enjoy that gays help supplement you on? Truth hurts now doesn't it bigot boy?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#183937 Mar 19, 2013
Some Never Came Home wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhhh.....poor little baby! LoL,Speak the truth and you go off on some prickish tangent! Will I see you under that rock you cock roach? How about you slither away now A-hole and STFU loser! So,I guess you'll be giving back those benefits that you enjoy that gays help supplement you on? Truth hurts now doesn't it bigot boy?
I am sorry that having your ass handed to you got you this upset. You are so wound up you can't even form complete coherent sentences.
Some Never Came Home

Beacon, NY

#183938 Mar 20, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry that having your ass handed to you got you this upset. You are so wound up you can't even form complete coherent sentences.
Dream on prick,When the Supreme court again overturns Doma and Prop 8 in June who cares what you think the azz will be in your hand not mine and it will be you eating the shyte! I will take great pleasure in that Bigot boy! Be careful I've seen you make mistakes all the time but I'm big enough to let them slide,on the other hand you continue to show what an A-hole you truly are! Now move along as I can plainly see what others think of you! LOL

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#183940 Mar 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, quote where I said any such thing.
Smirk.
"Fourth, I have already noted before, a cure will likely come. The vast majority of people do not want their children born with defects." (Sunday Mar 17)

You want a "cure" for gay people. Does that not mean that you want us eliminated from the planet?
Phoney

La Puente, CA

#183942 Mar 20, 2013
Who are all these phoney posters , posting their BULL.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#183944 Mar 20, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fourth, I have already noted before, a cure will likely come. The vast majority of people do not want their children born with defects." (Sunday Mar 17)
You want a "cure" for gay people. Does that not mean that you want us eliminated from the planet?
It raises an ethical question. Should such s "cure" be utilized? If it could be determined in the womb, and, obviously this is speculative, its possible to correct "unusual", or , no offense intended, "abnormality", should it be done? With any "abnormality" not just "orientation"?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#183945 Mar 20, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
It raises an ethical question. Should such s "cure" be utilized? If it could be determined in the womb, and, obviously this is speculative, its possible to correct "unusual", or , no offense intended, "abnormality", should it be done? With any "abnormality" not just "orientation"?
I am not sure the religious can be cured, the only thing we can do for the abnormal followers of religion is to try and reason with them through the distortion of their disease.

If the religious could be cured I would be all for that.

I do certainly feel sorry for them

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#183947 Mar 20, 2013
Big D wrote:
I am not sure the religious can be cured, the only thing we can do for the abnormal followers of religion is to try and reason with them through the distortion of their disease. If the religious could be cured I would be all for that. I do certainly feel sorry for them
Doctors used to feel that same way about homosexuality.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#183948 Mar 20, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure the religious can be cured, the only thing we can do for the abnormal followers of religion is to try and reason with them through the distortion of their disease.
Oh Madone! Is it possible you could use your superior intellect and offer an opinion without invoking your distain for religion?
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

#183949 Mar 20, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
you had me until your last sentence.
it's the selfish "godless" republicans of the 80s that turned me away from being a republican. i couldn't stand how they treated "those people" they deemed beneath them. and still do to this day.
my pastor likes to say that jesus was a liberal - he believed in feeding and clothing the poor, healing the sick. and not charging anyone for those services - he did this freely and willingly to all those that asked or needed his help.
yea, "godless liberals". indeed.
Yup you're right, it should have read moral-less liberals. As in lacking morals.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

#183950 Mar 20, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in everything Rosie. Only native born citizens can becone president.
Shhhhhhhhh don't let him/her learn that, they'll want to change that too.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

#183951 Mar 20, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Smells like religious bigotry to me, and cumming from someone who claims to treat prople equally. Slurp!
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

#183952 Mar 20, 2013
ooops - people .. don't want them to pee themselves over my spelling.

Knoxville, TN

#183953 Mar 20, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's my thoughts on the matter... I'm not sure our scientist or medical professionals have the capability of changing genetic or epigenetic related issues while a fetus is developing.

At best, they may be able to (in the future) determine if a fetus is gay while in the womb.

And if so-called Christian zealots, who want homosexuals eliminated from the planet, get their way, they will simply decide to abort the "damaged", "broken", "defective", "abominable" (these are the words they use to describe us) fetus that women may be carrying.

They compare us to pedophiles, murderers, rapists, etc.

And if you think for one minute that they wouldn't abort a fetus that might genetically be prone to pedophilia, murder, or rape, then you don't understand these so-called Christian fanatics.

Their goal is total elimination of homosexual and transgender people from the face of the planet at ANY COST.

That is a disgusting concept.

To eliminate a group of people who are totally functional; who work and contribute to society; who are capable of full and happy lives--to eliminate such a group from the planet simply because you might have a spiritual belief that runs counter to a minute--a miniscule aspect of their lives, is a disgusting and deplorable act.

That is what Hitler attempted to do. And anyone who believes that eliminating homosexuals from the planet will improve the quality of mankind is simply following the directions of a maniacal mass-murderer.

Knoxville, TN

#183954 Mar 20, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Madone! Is it possible you could use your superior intellect and offer an opinion without invoking your distain for religion?
I believe it's sometimes necessary for one Christian to point out to another Christian that they have strayed from Christ's teachings. This is not disdain for religion. In fact it's the very opposite.

When I hear so-called Christians talk about the elimination of gays from the planet, I don't see them following Christ's teachings at all.

He spoke of loving your neighbor as you love yourself. He spoke of living among one another without judgment. He also said, "Blessed are they that suffer persecution for justice sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
Big D

Modesto, CA

#183955 Mar 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Doctors used to feel that same way about homosexuality.
I know they did, and I only talk like that to morons that still do

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 27 min JOEL 69,417
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 8 hr Bikerboy 7,956
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles 9 hr fancy 3
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 14 hr theos 2,276
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sat free for all 5,081
Dennis W (Veeser) from Krakow Wi. Fri Mia 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey