Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,022)

Showing posts 160,421 - 160,440 of200,312
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Bischops Chops

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Marriage vows should be a matter of church approval while states and their subsidiary l'il governments should issue licenses recognizing contracts of union beyween signatory parties. Make kids, make noise, make a mess, make bliss or whoopee...do what you may with what you got permission to do it with and dont pizz off the neighbors or make them move.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's obvious BS. Why even bother?
You don't bother because like everything else you post it lacks any basis in reality.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm stating a simple fact, dummy.
The courts haven't said you have to be able to reproduce in order to marry.
You have serious issues with critical thinking don't you?

I guess everything has to be in picture form for you to comprehend it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter.
The Supreme Court made the decision.
<quoted text>
Loving v VA was about marriage, not slavery. You really should educate yourself, and not just copy/paste.
LOL @ you!
You're an idiot. Your response doesn't even slightly resemble a logical retort to my post.

Do need help functioning?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but they have said procreation is the reason marriage either exists, or that the compelling state interest. Here's one example.
http://www.cas.umt.edu/phil/faculty/walton/ba...
The institution of marriage as a union man and woman, uniquely involving the procreation and rearing of children within a family, is as old as the book of Genesis. Skinner V. Oklahoma ex rel. Williamson, 316 U.S. 535, 541, 62 S.Ct. 1110, 1113, 86 L.Ed. 1655, 1660 (1942), which invalidated Oklahoma's Habitual Criminal Sterilization Act on equal protection grounds, stated in part: "Marriage and procreation are fundamental to the very existence and survival of the race." This historic institution manifestly is more deeply founded than the asserted contemporary concept of marriage and societal interests for which petitioners contend. The due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment is not a charter for restructuring it by judicial legislation.
You are wasting your time on Rose, unless like me you are simply entertaining yourself at her expense conversing with her is simply an exercise in futility.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
First, your argument isn't with me, take it up with MSNBC.
Second, everyone knows you have no argument when you resurrect Hitler and make ridiculous assertions about what I believe (slander).
Third, any true believer knows that love and truth are inseparable in the Christian faith. Again, if you were a professional social worker, you would understand the impact of denial.
Fourth, leave marriage and children alone. Imposing an imposter relationship on marriage will not fix your unhappiness.
Smile.
Oh... So all of a sudden your vast knowledge of epigenetics comes from MSNBC? Good to know that you've really looked into this matter to a depth that you can knowledgeably discuss it.

But you're not interested in discussing it with any depth of knowledge, you just want to beat people over the head with something you heard about in passing.

Why would any of us expect any difference from you.

I compare you to Hitler because you both advocate the same thing. You both believe that purity of the human race is in part based on the elimination of homosexuals. Is this not true? If I'm mistaken, please "straighten" me out.(wink)

And we will not stop our pursuit of the rights and protections of legal marriage. We are within our rights as American citizens to pursue them.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

akaidiot wrote:
<quoted text>
You have serious issues with critical thinking don't you?
I guess everything has to be in picture form for you to comprehend it.
You make a lame attack because I'm right, and you don't have the 'nads to admit it.
The courts have never said you have to be able to reproduce in order to marry.
And speaking of critical thinking, since you don't have to be able to reproduce in order to marry, the fact gay couples can't reproduce is a non issue when it comes to marriage.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot. Your response doesn't even slightly resemble a logical retort to my post.
Do need help functioning?
I was talking about the 14th Amendment and Loving v Va, and you replied with a bunch of stuff about slavery...
And you say I'm an idiot! LOL!
Thanks for the smile.:)
VacuLocked

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Nutters are running around looking for GOP, Republican and Tea Party member's to shorten their out look on life.
The Flying Eagle

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

If you want to wake up with a sore butt then that's your problem, but don't make it mine!

It's ok to be gay in hell!
Shazzammed

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

DE-Nutters are running around looking for GOP, Republican and Tea Party member's to shorten their outlook on life.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You make a lame attack because I'm right, and you don't have the 'nads to admit it.
The courts have never said you have to be able to reproduce in order to marry.
And speaking of critical thinking, since you don't have to be able to reproduce in order to marry, the fact gay couples can't reproduce is a non issue when it comes to marriage.
We have tried to explain to your brain cell that "required" is not the same as "central purpose" or "compelling state interest."

You really should get your GED before you attempt to play lawyer.

Oh, and thank you for the laugh, crying about lame attacks when you feel the need to change my name every time you post to me. Who is the child?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about the 14th Amendment and Loving v Va, and you replied with a bunch of stuff about slavery...
And you say I'm an idiot! LOL!
Thanks for the smile.:)
Yes, because you clinging to Loving v Virginia was an attempt to toss the race card into play in regards to the founders.

I should have known that you wouldn't be able to comprehend the post.

If you want people to stop calling you an idiot, I suggest you stop acting like one.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Friend of Bill wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know the average gay male consumes 22.68 lbs of fecal matter on an annual basis, kinda sick if you ask me?!?!
If that was true you'd have been consumed long ago.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

akaidiot wrote:
<quoted text>
We have tried to explain to your brain cell that "required" is not the same as "central purpose" or "compelling state interest."
So what? It's not the same as a lot of other things. I just said it wasn't required, and it's not.
akaidiot wrote:
You really should get your GED before you attempt to play lawyer.
I pass gas better educated than you, and better smelling.
akaidiot wrote:
Oh, and thank you for the laugh, crying about lame attacks when you feel the need to change my name every time you post to me. Who is the child?
I wouldn't insult children by calling you one.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

akaidiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because you clinging to Loving v Virginia was an attempt to toss the race card into play in regards to the founders.
Stupid, why don't you just admit you fked up?
I was talking about Loving v VA and the 14th Amendment, and marriage. You started to copy/paste stuff about slavery. It was funny.
akaidiot wrote:
I should have known that you wouldn't be able to comprehend the post.
If you want people to stop calling you an idiot, I suggest you stop acting like one.
You are an idiot. And if you want people to believe you are in favor of gay marriage, I suggest you stop making lame personal attacks at everyone in favor of it while picking out the pubes of those against it from between your teeth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? It's not the same as a lot of other things. I just said it wasn't required, and it's not.
<quoted text>
I pass gas better educated than you, and better smelling.
<quoted text>
I wouldn't insult children by calling you one.
You really are stuck on stupid aren't you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, why don't you just admit you fked up?
I was talking about Loving v VA and the 14th Amendment, and marriage. You started to copy/paste stuff about slavery. It was funny.
What other connection should I have made to your reference of Loving v Virginia and how the founders would have felt about the decision other than to make one with racism?

Since the issue in Loving v Virginia was RACE, and you want to know how the founders would feel about it, why wouldn't we look at how they felt about slavery which was also an issue of RACE?

I know you really have trouble with critical thinking Rose, but come on, even a 2 year old could have connected those dots.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

You are an idiot. And if you want people to believe you are in favor of gay marriage, I suggest you stop making lame personal attacks at everyone in favor of it while picking out the pubes of those against it from between your teeth.
Hey moron, there are about half a dozen members of the idiot club which I converse with, you are a charter member no doubt.

You and the other member's are treated like idiots, not because of your position on same sex marriage, but because you act like idiots. And there are members on both side of the issue, so again you fail.

Like I said Rose, if you want to stop being called an idiot, I suggest you stop acting like one.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

akaidiot wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are stuck on stupid aren't you?
No, that would be you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 160,421 - 160,440 of200,312
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••