Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,987)

Showing posts 159,721 - 159,740 of199,109
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>really? Never heard that before, can you please provide information to back that up?
In addition, there are gunships flying over major American cities, practicing occupation maneuvers, right now.

https://www.youtube.com/results...

Plus, the protections that have existed for us have been overwritten with new legislation, listen to the congressman say "Jesus" as he reads off a House Resolution Bill, filled with the words "Classified". These words are being used to mask the fact that this bill concerns the use of force against American citizens, in event of Martial Law, and the use of the FEMA camps, otherwise known as "American Concentration Camps". He knows what he is reading, and he makes mention of threats, should the House and Senate vote against the expansion of Presidential Powers to invoke Martial Law, for the slightest reasons known to man. Watch the video with Rep. John Haller closely, and pay attention at the time mark of "1:12 1:19". Startling.

http://arewelivinginthelastdays.com/news/vid/...

The Posse Comitatus Act has protected us, up until now.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I say inferior?
<quoted text> But, they do not deserve the same recognition as heterosexuals, because they are not equal to heterosexuals, with regards marriage and raising of families.
Second class citizens not worthy of raising children? Regardless of what you'll come back with, this implies inferiority quite loudly. They're not worthy of marriage and they're incapable of raising children is precisely what you are saying. In other words, they're inferior human beings. I'm genuinely taken back by your need to have me point this out to you.
TeasTime

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

This is for the Hide Away twins who keep posting there brand of GOP, Republican and Tree Party (tea party) cramp-on bull.

California Republican activists gathered for their spring convention 2013 at the state capital to try and revitalizing the sick party.
Talking Points;
1.) Republicans hold no statewide offices.
2.) They are weak in the Legislature against Democrats' two-thirds supermajority.
3.) They lost ground here in the 2012 congressional election.
4.) The state party is heavily in debt.
5.) Most if not all California voters HATE them.
6.) Douglas Boyd has brought shame to Glendora, Ca.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Sure, hit me with the Judgits, while I post about something that really matters. I can hear the gays right now: " Oh hell no, things were going so well, I refuse to believe that", and "Oh boy, they are giving us what we want, who wants to hear this, NOW?", and "I'll bury my head in the sand and love the 'here-and-now' ". The government gives us yum-yums to distract us, while the real crimes occur. Legalizing pot, to keep more of us medicated and unable to think clearly. Legalized SSM, to keep the gays happy. Operation Amnesty, to keep the illegals happy to be here...The list of yum-yums goes on. Trinkets and tokens, to keep us complacent, while we become owned.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes, I can, but there is no need to, as I am not making use of any... Your side is using our tax dollars to extend governmental benefits to your side, and bankrupting us at the same time, while we waste our energy turning on each other, instead of looking at what our country is becoming... So, there is no need to say "hyperbole".
Time for you to look up the definition of hyperbole.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
And no presidency has destroyed more constitutional protections than the Bush Administration has, and after Obammy, we are going to get 8 years of Jeb Bush. He will preside over the Dictatorship Of Amerikkka. While we languish in FEMA camps, watching the illegal immigrants take our country over, simply glad to be here, and possessed of absolutely NO intention of fighting for America. THAT is the new agenda, The New World Order. There are, right now, over 60,000 Chinese troops massed just south of the Mexican border, waiting for the word. And the U.N. is ready to send in U.N. troops, in order to avoid the nasty variables of how many U.S. troops will throw down their weapons, rather than shoot down American citizens. It is happening right now, while we argue about the definition of "marriage" Divide and conquer, at work.
60,000 Chinese troops massed just south of the Mexican border, eh?

wack-a-doodle-do
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Second class citizens not worthy of raising children? Regardless of what you'll come back with, this implies inferiority quite loudly. They're not worthy of marriage and they're incapable of raising children is precisely what you are saying. In other words, they're inferior human beings. I'm genuinely taken back by your need to have me point this out to you.
Sheesh, you are distorting my meaning. Is a hammer inferior to a drill? These differing relationships are unequal in their desire to get a hand-out. MOST heterosexual couples do not get married to receive govt. bennies. You feign shock, but you do not mean it. You are not taken aback, as there is no need to point out your sides argument, we have heard it all before.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
In addition, there are gunships flying over major American cities, practicing occupation maneuvers, right now.
https://www.youtube.com/results...
Plus, the protections that have existed for us have been overwritten with new legislation, listen to the congressman say "Jesus" as he reads off a House Resolution Bill, filled with the words "Classified". These words are being used to mask the fact that this bill concerns the use of force against American citizens, in event of Martial Law, and the use of the FEMA camps, otherwise known as "American Concentration Camps". He knows what he is reading, and he makes mention of threats, should the House and Senate vote against the expansion of Presidential Powers to invoke Martial Law, for the slightest reasons known to man. Watch the video with Rep. John Haller closely, and pay attention at the time mark of "1:12 1:19". Startling.
http://arewelivinginthelastdays.com/news/vid/...
The Posse Comitatus Act has protected us, up until now.
Ok. You are obviously off your meds.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Time for you to look up the definition of hyperbole.
No, it isn't, as I understand the word, perfectly, as well as the use of it. You are being the drama queen now...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Sure, hit me with the Judgits, while I post about something that really matters. I can hear the gays right now: " Oh hell no, things were going so well, I refuse to believe that", and "Oh boy, they are giving us what we want, who wants to hear this, NOW?", and "I'll bury my head in the sand and love the 'here-and-now' ". The government gives us yum-yums to distract us, while the real crimes occur. Legalizing pot, to keep more of us medicated and unable to think clearly. Legalized SSM, to keep the gays happy. Operation Amnesty, to keep the illegals happy to be here...The list of yum-yums goes on. Trinkets and tokens, to keep us complacent, while we become owned.
Who gives a flying fuck in a rolling doughnut about judge-its? Honestly? I find them to be quite funny as they're applied not by what one posts but by who posts it. So no real thought goes into 'em so why should any come out of 'em?

I do have to call you out on a bit of the above commentary...
Specifically regarding the legalisation of pot. Do you really think legalisation will increase usage? If so, you really ought to take a long hard look at prohibition and what it did, or rather didn't do, for alcohol consumption. Oh, you can look at what it did for organised crime if you want, as that was a magnificant failure for progress.

All criminalisation has done for us is fill jails and give people who could otherwise function in society a criminal record. Substance abuse is a mental health issue, not a criminal justice one. Now if you want to debate some of the criminal activity that goes on in the presence of substance abuse I'm all for it.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
wack-a-doodle-do
You're just sucking off the yum-yum tree. "Ostrich Maneuver" for you, eh?
you are a simpleton, as I have not created all these reports. Fool.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
wack-a-doodle-do
But, please, read these reports, and then, give us your considered opinion. Tell us what you, and your experience in the military, think of these reports. Wack a doodle, eh? Please, dismiss these with a wave of your hand and tell us all that we're safe. I'm sure that if YOU tell us that it isn't so, we'll all believe you.

http://coupmedia.org/terror-threats/chinese-t ...

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/04/chinese-t ...

http://www.ufolab.info/Chinese_on_our_border ....
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Who gives a flying fuck in a rolling doughnut about judge-its? Honestly? I find them to be quite funny as they're applied not by what one posts but by who posts it. So no real thought goes into 'em so why should any come out of 'em?
Specifically regarding the legalisation of pot. Do you really think legalisation will increase usage? If so, you really ought to take a long hard look at prohibition and what it did, or rather didn't do, for alcohol consumption. Oh, you can look at what it did for organised crime if you want, as that was a magnificant failure for progress.
All criminalisation has done for us is fill jails and give people who could otherwise function in society a criminal record. Substance abuse is a mental health issue, not a criminal justice one. Now if you want to debate some of the criminal activity that goes on in the presence of substance abuse I'm all for it.
As per your opinion of the Judgits, LOL, I agree with you 100%.
I am not against the smoking of pot, far from it. I am calling attention to the fact that they are giving us tidbits, in order to distract us from the bigger picture. The removal of our safety systems, and our protections from the use of force against us.
Please tell me that you weren't oblivious to my meaning? I know that you are a smart man, and couldn't have misunderstood what I was saying.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
BTW, didn't mean to sidestep your question.
No, I do not think that it will increase usage, and I do agree with you that our prisons are full of people that do not belong there, merely for recreational drug use.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Sheesh, you are distorting my meaning. Is a hammer inferior to a drill? These differing relationships are unequal in their desire to get a hand-out. MOST heterosexual couples do not get married to receive govt. bennies. You feign shock, but you do not mean it. You are not taken aback, as there is no need to point out your sides argument, we have heard it all before.
A hammer is inferior to a drill for putting holes in metal. A drill is inferior to a hammer for putting nails in wood.

A lot of heterosexuals are inferior parents.

Yes, I'm surprised you can't see that you're belittling people based upon their sexual orientation. It is there whether or not you've got the ability to recognise it.

Desire to get a hand-out? Is that what you're reducing this to? Are you talking about tax benefits? This is only advantageous in marriages where couples have a bit of income disparity. Most of the gay couples I know consist of two gainfully employed individuals. For that matter most heterosexual couples I know consist of two gainfully employed individuals. Usually with comparable incomes.

I'd like to believe that most couples marry because they genuinely love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together. A commitment to each other if you will. At least in this country. With this comes the long list of benefits that guarantees the participants that outsiders in their relationship won't step in and piss all over their wishes after their demise or worse yet, during their demise. That isn't a handout.

I already mentioned the flaw that AKpilot sees in the federal oversight of such matters, and quite frankly I agree with him. But we're here under the present conditions regarding legal matters.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
But, please, read these reports, and then, give us your considered opinion. Tell us what you, and your experience in the military, think of these reports. Wack a doodle, eh? Please, dismiss these with a wave of your hand and tell us all that we're safe. I'm sure that if YOU tell us that it isn't so, we'll all believe you.
topix has butchered your links. Put up the full URLs with gaps in them so they can be copied and pasted into a new browser.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
See what happens when you go off your meds? You become a paranoid goofball.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
A hammer is inferior to a drill for putting holes in metal. A drill is inferior to a hammer for putting nails in wood.
A lot of heterosexuals are inferior parents.
Yes, I'm surprised you can't see that you're belittling people based upon their sexual orientation. It is there whether or not you've got the ability to recognise it.
Desire to get a hand-out? Is that what you're reducing this to? Are you talking about tax benefits? This is only advantageous in marriages where couples have a bit of income disparity. Most of the gay couples I know consist of two gainfully employed individuals. For that matter most heterosexual couples I know consist of two gainfully employed individuals. Usually with comparable incomes.
I'd like to believe that most couples marry because they genuinely love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together. A commitment to each other if you will. At least in this country. With this comes the long list of benefits that guarantees the participants that outsiders in their relationship won't step in and piss all over their wishes after their demise or worse yet, during their demise. That isn't a handout.
I already mentioned the flaw that AKpilot sees in the federal oversight of such matters, and quite frankly I agree with him. But we're here under the present conditions regarding legal matters.
But, I am not belittling them, I am a traditionalist, and wish to see some institutions left intact. This world we live in is being turned upside down, and we are not benefiting from it. "Desire to get a hand-out? Is that what you're reducing this to?" Most of the reasons that I have heard thrown around in here are centered around "rights" and "benefits" to be had. "Are you talking about tax benefits..." Ask them, they have used it as an argument, not me.
"I'd like to believe that most couples marry because they genuinely love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together." This they can do, whether or not they have been "married".
"With this comes the long list of benefits that guarantees the participants that outsiders in their relationship won't step in and piss all over their wishes after their demise or worse yet, during their demise.". Wills cover these issues.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
topix has butchered your links. Put up the full URLs with gaps in them so they can be copied and pasted into a new browser.
http://coupmedia.org/terror-threats/chinese-t...

http://coupmedia.org/terror-threats /chinese-troops-seen-in-mexico -1703
with no gaps.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/04/chinese-t...

http://www.activistpost.com/2012 /04/chinese-troops-reportedly- amassing-near.html
again, with no gaps

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 159,721 - 159,740 of199,109
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search