Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
159,581 - 159,600 of 200,653 Comments Last updated 46 min ago
come on now

Bolingbrook, IL

#182755 Mar 7, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they did the right thing there, regardless of the political leaning, that was encouraging that they are less political than I fear they are.
How did they do the right thing?....
Tell me how part of a law can be unconstitutional... yet the law be constitutional.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#182756 Mar 7, 2013
come on now wrote:
<quoted text>
How did they do the right thing?....
Tell me how part of a law can be unconstitutional... yet the law be constitutional.
The Supreme Court disagrees with you, you can take that up with them.
barrack obama

San Leandro, CA

#182757 Mar 7, 2013
in the eaarly 80s over 800 million people were forced to have sex changes ...this is documented and on video......since then over 90 percent of the planet population has had sex changes without knowing ....your can sustain a concussion......then the us government and othe rgroups as in cults like jones town can mind control people into sex changes and the people can easily forget about the sex change or face lift..............is this true
barrack obama

San Leandro, CA

#182758 Mar 7, 2013
ive donated over 400 million to san fransisco this year for people to have free sex cahnges ...this cult that forced over 800 million people into sex changes operated in africa and south america any poor country..abducting people changeing their aperance and replaceing their memorys with fake child hood memorys and phographs......jones town was real sex changes are real ....this is documented by untied nations and every government on the planet knows about people being forced into sex changes

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#182759 Mar 7, 2013
barrack obama wrote:
in the eaarly 80s over 800 million people were forced to have sex changes ...this is documented and on video......since then over 90 percent of the planet population has had sex changes without knowing ....your can sustain a concussion......then the us government and othe rgroups as in cults like jones town can mind control people into sex changes and the people can easily forget about the sex change or face lift..........is this true
What do you think? lol
ukiah mayor sex changes

San Leandro, CA

#182760 Mar 7, 2013
the head of specail ops for united stated was forced into over 30 sex changes ...and he told me of seeing people forced into more then this they give you plastic surgery they have machines that can do it..in seconds....this is a world wide problem 10 year old who now look like 50 year old are told they were in a accident given false memorys false pictures to think their someone else and having over people who say they know you from doctors to judeges make it seem even more real ........free sex changes in san fransisco 666
F points

Covina, CA

#182761 Mar 7, 2013
D is lower than a C so whats the rush to be and F for tha D?
Randy-Rock-Hudso n

Mooresboro, NC

#182762 Mar 7, 2013
Sippy wrote:
<quoted text>
Justices are tasked with protecting the rights of everyone especially minorities such as GLBT Americans! We are provided equal protection under the same constitution as you are and simply because the majority of voters at any particular moment in time felt it was right to alter our state constitution to deny those protections doesn't make it okay! Since I was 18 I've voted in every major election and to this day I believe my vote has always counted!
Gays ARE protected, under the law, same as any other American. But they are not entitled to rewrite the dictionary, at our expense, simply in order to qualify for government benefits. This is not protection. And if you think that your vote counts for anything, guess again ...
Randy-Rock-Hudso n

Mooresboro, NC

#182763 Mar 7, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
What a facetious bunch of indefensible nonsense you offer up. Just say "I don't know, how can it matter?"...
No big O

Bolingbrook, IL

#182764 Mar 7, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
We will remember that answer when the overturn of Prop 8 is ruled unconstitutional
Big D

Modesto, CA

#182765 Mar 7, 2013
No big O wrote:
<quoted text>
We will remember that answer when the overturn of Prop 8 is ruled unconstitutional
LOL

That is not even a concern at this point. The ruling they will make is obvious.

The question it will it be the narrow ruling that only affects California, or the wide ruling that strikes down such measures in all states.

If you asked me 3 weeks ago I would have put money on the narrow ruling, but after the activities of the last couple of weeks, I would no longer make that bet.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#182766 Mar 7, 2013
Randy-Rock-Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays ARE protected, under the law, same as any other American. But they are not entitled to rewrite the dictionary, at our expense, simply in order to qualify for government benefits. This is not protection. And if you think that your vote counts for anything, guess again ...
Rewriting the dictionary at our expense?

Can you say hyperbole?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#182767 Mar 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
6.If you believe a fundamental change to the building block of society will have absolutely no affect
rK; The lawful entities responsible for wielding the fundamental building blocks of a social and civil Republic are certainly correct in adding to the available set of building blocks, when such additions promote justice and consistency before the Law.
KiMare'a wrote; First, you fail to even address the question. Such a change will have momentus changes, many of which are unpredictable. This has always been the case in just our nation's history.
Second, marriage is the ONLY natural building block of society. It is what separates us from the animal kingdom and indiscriminate procreation. Any other setting is a drastically negative default option.
Moreover, gay couples produce nothing, a clear genetic indication of defect, directly contrary to the primary goal of evolution.
Additionally, rights are distinguished in law. Gay couples fail to equate to marriage AT THE FUNDAMENTAL LEVEL OF NATURAL DESIGN AND PRIMARY FUNCTION.
Hey spacker, marriage isn't a natural thing. It is a construct of man. It also isn't the only building block of society.

What a mong.

Location hidden

#182768 Mar 7, 2013
ukiah mayor sex changes wrote:
the head of specail ops for united stated was forced into over 30 sex changes ...and he told me of seeing people forced into more then this they give you plastic surgery they have machines that can do it..in seconds....this is a world wide problem 10 year old who now look like 50 year old are told they were in a accident given false memorys false pictures to think their someone else and having over people who say they know you from doctors to judeges make it seem even more real ........free sex changes in san fransisco 666
Did someone forget to take their meds today?

Location hidden

#182769 Mar 7, 2013
Randy-Rock-Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Words are dynamic. The "dictionary" gets rewritten on a somewhat regular basis.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#182770 Mar 7, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Words are dynamic. The "dictionary" gets rewritten on a somewhat regular basis.
As does the constitution

27 times so far
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#182773 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Hey spacker, marriage isn't a natural thing. It is a construct of man. It also isn't the only building block of society.
What a mong.
Thank you for that.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#182774 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>
What a mong.
Are you belittling the scarcity of my goldfish that had a beautiful marriage ceremony last week?

( wait, they are both female… maybe they dont know about Prop 8 )

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#182775 Mar 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
6.If you believe a fundamental change to the building block of society will have absolutely no affect
Stupid, don't engage in vague fear mongering, tell us what effect it can have.
KiMare wrote:
rK; The lawful entities responsible for wielding the fundamental building blocks of a social and civil Republic are certainly correct in adding to the available set of building blocks, when such additions promote justice and consistency before the Law.
KiMare'a wrote; First, you fail to even address the question. Such a change will have momentus changes, many of which are unpredictable. This has always been the case in just our nation's history.
Second, marriage is the ONLY natural building block of society. It is what separates us from the animal kingdom and indiscriminate procreation. Any other setting is a drastically negative default option.
Moreover, gay couples produce nothing, a clear genetic indication of defect, directly contrary to the primary goal of evolution.
Additionally, rights are distinguished in law. Gay couples fail to equate to marriage AT THE FUNDAMENTAL LEVEL OF NATURAL DESIGN AND PRIMARY FUNCTION.
LOL! A thing like you talking about natural design! You are totally screwed up. Two sets of DNA, two different types of tissue you are a failure AT THE FUNDAMENTAL LEVEL OF NATURAL DESIGN AND PRIMARY FUNCTION.

A thing like you is proof god does not exist.
Do you think you should have been aborted?

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#182776 Mar 7, 2013
Randy-Rock-Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you spend so much time answering questions with questions?
What are you talking about?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 18 min Rick Moss 69,094
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 5 hr Little Ricky 15,973
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 8 hr memo maddnes 5,020
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon punch tips 7,935
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Aug 28 JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Aug 28 Money 1
My fears for Doris Day: Confidante who spent 40... (Oct '13) Aug 28 marti eton square 4
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info