Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
159,261 - 159,280 of 200,336 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage contracts cover over 1000 legal rights. The state's interest involves sex least of all. The legal bond between siblings doesn't have a parallel that exists between two unrelated adults, unless they're married.
Why does it matter if two men/women are married? Are they "living in sin"? Will there be accidental pregnancies? Please explain how we as a society survived into the 21st century with the quaint notion that marriage is a union of husband and wife? It's been said that marriage developed as a mean of dealing with the by products of the male female sexual union. Why is it relevant to society that two men/woman marry?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Marriage equality, great thread. Say Frank do you also support 14 year olds in polygamist marriages? If not why
No. Do you?

The bottom line is- I support marriage equality for all committed consenting adults. And you do not.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
To whom are you referring by "their ship?"
About half of his fellow Americans.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does it matter if two men/women are married? Are they "living in sin"? Will there be accidental pregnancies? Please explain how we as a society survived into the 21st century with the quaint notion that marriage is a union of husband and wife? It's been said that marriage developed as a mean of dealing with the by products of the male female sexual union. Why is it relevant to society that two men/woman marry?
I've pointed out the contractual benefits to the participants of marriage, repeatedly.

Please explain the harm that will come from allowing two men or two women to marry. Kindly avoid claims that you can't back up with real evidence. Cliches are not evidence. Bumper sticker slogans are not evidence. Show actual harm and/or proof of such harm. Making you feel ill isn't relevant, you can always avoid interaction with people you don't find appealing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
About half of his fellow Americans.
It would appear that way. But I'd like to see where he's willing to take this sidebar.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
It would appear that way. But I'd like to see where he's willing to take this sidebar.
Me too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Se Questers.
Yes. But you are a taxpayer supported schizophrenic. If many of your fellow schizoids can save taxpayer money by spending their time mumbling to themselves on the public streets, why do you feel yourself privy to the hard earned taxpayer money that is needed to stand the cost of supplying you with Government drugs that enable you to use your taxpayer funded computer to post annoying and inane remarks that have the purpose of being disruptive? Shouldn't hard earned taxpayer money be better used to further feather the nest of revolutionary Councils and other "pro increased California tax" advocates who now control the failed "Liberal" State of California?
Ronald
Good Morning Ronald!

I always enjoy your eloquent posts.

Say hello to your honey! Arf!

Frankie.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that right? I didn't realize that you spoke for the State.... how exciting for you. Perhaps you can explain why we permit non-reproductive couples to marry. Must be scarey to see your influence fading away.
I can;

The differences between marriage with/without kids and gay couples;
A apple tree bearing fruit.
A apple tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
A walnut tree who never bears any fruit wanting to be a apple tree.
A walnut tree hanging apples on it's branches pretending to be a apple tree.

Even funnier?

The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I can;
The differences between marriage with/without kids and gay couples;
A apple tree bearing fruit.
A apple tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
A walnut tree who never bears any fruit wanting to be a apple tree.
A walnut tree hanging apples on it's branches pretending to be a apple tree.
Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!
Smile.
In addition to a pathetic analogy we've got an adult that doesn't recognise "a" and "an" when typing his simpleton responses.
Smackoes

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Keep a close eye on the SKANKS running sgvCOG.
What an embarrassment each and every delegate is to the communities they serve.
I will bet the discussion on the beauty pageant selection will be more in depth than any discussion ever had about the possible misuse of public funds by Nick Conway.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
In addition to a pathetic analogy we've got an adult that doesn't recognise "a" and "an" when typing his simpleton responses.
On purpose, I've posted it both ways.

Keeping track on who avoids addressing the analogy because they have no answer.

You lose.

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You lose.
Smirk.
Why bother addressing your analogy? Oh wait, I already did. I called it out for being dumb. Just like you. I eagerly await your next bumper sticker of no substance.
Dan

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Never had surgery for it until late last year. And again last week. You're a loudmouthed liar.
Maybe you'll list those million things I claimed to be jackass?
P.S. I didn't see your draft dodging ass over there coward.
Hope that helps Danny boy.
Draft dodging?

LOL!!

And for someone to make claims within the safety of the anonymous internet is up for criticism and doubt my little friend. You've been in here daily far before your supposed surgery last year. You're some lonely fucktard who likes to mix it up with gays working for a basic civil right gor God knows what reason. You're just some lonely antagonist who'd rather talk shit i9n an anonymous forum. You're worthless buddy.
Erasers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

George Ogden's racists bating articles he writes are filled with the real filth that floats around in his nasty fat head of his.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Draft dodging?
LOL!!
And for someone to make claims within the safety of the anonymous internet is up for criticism and doubt my little friend. You've been in here daily far before your supposed surgery last year. You're some lonely fucktard who likes to mix it up with gays working for a basic civil right gor God knows what reason. You're just some lonely antagonist who'd rather talk shit i9n an anonymous forum. You're worthless buddy.
Same to you tough guy!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality TV show polygamist and his four wives challenge Utah's bigamy laws - with support from their fellow 'Sister Wives'
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 01:23 EST, 18 January 2013 | UPDATED: 08:21 EST, 18 January 2013
A federal judge heard legal arguments in a Salt Lake City court on Thursday that could potentially decriminalize polygamy in Utah, as a reality TV show polygamist and his four wives sought to overturn the state’s ban on plural marriage.
The stars of reality show ‘Sister Wives’ Kody Brown and his four wives - Meri, Janelle, Christine and Robyn - claim the law is unconstitutional.
The family fled Utah for Las Vegas last year under the threat of prosecution. They did not attend the hearing in Salt Lake City, but had support in the shape of fellow sister-wives Valerie and Vicki Darger."
They’re talking about my life,’ Valerie Darger told FOX 13.‘The thing that’s different about what we’re asking for is the right to exist and the right to be left alone. We’re not seeking marriage licenses, and so, as far as legal marriage goes, it doesn’t really pertain.’
There were also opponents at the trail including anti-polygamy activist Kristyn Decker, an ex-polygamous wife who left a relationship 11 years ago.
She runs a group opposed to polygamy and led a protest to call attention to abuses and child-bride marriages within some polygamous communities.
‘We feel like if they decriminalize polygamy, the human rights violations that have gone on for so long will just continue,’ Decker said.
The Browns were represented in court by their attorney Jonathan Turley.
He told the court that the Browns’ only sin was opening their family to the TLC hit series, which drew the attention of Utah authorities.
‘The Browns wanted to show people that a plural family is not a monstrosity,' said Turley.'The state is saying if you didn’t do this TV show, you wouldn’t have a problem.'
'They have a right to free speech and are being prosecuted for it.'
The hearing dealt with the legalities of due process and freedom of association.
U.S. District Judge Clark Waddoups peppered a state lawyer on why he shouldn’t throw out Utah’s bigamy law. It’s stricter than the laws in 49 other states - most of them prohibit people from having multiple marriage licenses.
Utah makes it illegal to even purport to be married to multiple partners or live together.
What if Kody Brown kept separate households for each wife, or was just having affairs, the judge asked.
'That would not be polygamy,' said Assistant Utah Attorney General Jerrold Jensen.
Yet Jensen argued Utah’s unique history of polygamy for more than 100 years has made victims of thousands of girls forced to marry as young as 13, and caused rampant child abuse, with boys 'kicked out on the street' to reduce competition for older men seeking multiple brides.
He said the state has an interest in preventing social harm.
Waddoups said the Browns’ 17 children are irrelevant to the case, and Turley argued that sex and child abuse was just as common in monogamous families.
Part 2 next post
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22643...
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22643...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
You do realize that the Brown's lawsuit is NOT asking for legal recognition of polygamy, don't you? It's not about decriminalizing polygamy, either. Geez, pal..... do some research and stop listening to idots like Rush and Glenn.
Erasers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

George has slective hearing, anything thing he can turn around to attack a minority he will do in a heart beat. His article in the SGVexaminer, Feb. 14 - 20, 2013 page B2 is a real piece of "skinhead" trash.

In this same article Steve Herferd a employee of SoCal Edison and a West Covina city council member is make statment so how much better "white men" are?

Along with is racist buddy George Ogden they made sure is was printed in a racist newsppaer called the SGVexaminer.com

George Ogden's racists bating articles he writes are filled with the real filth that floats around in his nasty fat head of his.

Along with Steve Hefert and Mike Touhey they all belong to a racists club known as West Covina KKK chapter. Or the old-boy-racists-club.

George Ogden hides behind the freedom of the press, much like communist stil do today. Keep away from George Odgen he seems a little off balanced with his race bating comments under his breath and threathing appearance of a filthy mental case.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You lose.
Smirk.
Your anaolgy is SO stupid it doesn't need to be addressed for the 50th time. The first time you used it I LAUGHED at "like a walnut tree trying to hang apples" so hard. When have you ever seen a walnut tree try to hang apples? Are you on some bad acid or something? That's not an analogy... it's an abomination of intellect.

And you don't even have enough sense to be embarrassed for writing it.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Smile.
Right.... because everyone knows its illegal to discriminate against apple trees....

You are a pompous ass..
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
There will be one less law against it when Prop 8 is gone.
That's nice, dear.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••