Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
159,061 - 159,080 of 200,578 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You said "anytime, anywhere"
wrong... the time is now, the place is here in the US
Only if you wish to use a narrow field of vision, and not think globally and historically.
Dan

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

BTW...the immortalized Rosa Parks in bronze at the Capitol last week.

I'm no stinking bleeding heart commie Liberal but you have to admit....everyone loved that woman in modern day America.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text> So what? Are you attempting to use an appeal to popularity to prove your point?
No, dumpling, you are attempting to use a lack of same to deny equal rights to a discriminated-against group.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What law is that?
The Law of Change.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
What statement? The one where I called you an idiot?
No, that one was spot-on.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>]
hoo u kalen ilituret
yeh
not so fuun wen ur da 1 beingg trold rite
HA
HA HA
Itzal phun az long az sum1s b ing trold.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay marriage doesn't dumb marriage down to a friendship. What gave you that idea? Is your brain made out of two types of tissue with different DNA that don't communicate? Is that why you are so stupid?
LOL!
Gay marriage dumbs down marriage to the point where any old pairing off of a couple, however mismatched, becomes instantly valid. Little point in wanting it, if any old catamites can get that...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess those two types of tissue in your brain aren't communicating.
I've presented an argument for gay marriage: equal rights.
Do you think you should have been aborted?
LOLSER!
No, you haven't. Nothing valid, anyway. Can't anyone present a VALID argument to support SSM ?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You never presented an argument for marriage, and I don't have a child...
You never presented an argument for SSM, not anything valid, and you don't have a child, anymore...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
In your opinion, not in reality.
There is no requirement to make any and all changes to every law because one change is logical and sensible.
A civil right cannot be denied to one group ONLY because you are afraid that another group might someday push their cause.
Sorry, that's not rational, and it's not constitutional.
There is no requirement to accommodate all the gays that wish to lay claim, and fraudulently at that, to titles of validity that they do not rate, due to faulty mating practices. But, here we are ...
If you have the right to petition for change, so do we. Sorry if that grates on your sense of entitlement.
And, yes, in reality. We do not all live in your small world, where anyone who thinks to steal a title to grasp benefits from the government may do so.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>There is a lot of room in your head
Whilst yours is full.....of shit.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Is that another "...ooops I was wrong?" I didn't think so. You're not even honest enough to admit your own mistakes.
Who, in here, actually is ? Chongo would have to go first.
Dan

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Whilst yours is full.....of shit.
Either something is definitely wrong with you to play the lonely antagonist in here or Wooster, Ohio has some shit chemical in their water making residents kill the family cat.

Methinks it's the prior.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot stand. In front of a courthouse or anywhere for longer than 30-45 seconds. As I've told you those days are over for me, now I just want to discuss equal rights on a discussion forum in my wheelchair.
Are you in front of the courthouse with a sign now jackass? Why are you here whining for SSM, You're healthy. Get out there with your sign.
I got anxious and jumped out of a helicopter a little too soon in 1968 and I am paying for it now. I was lucky to not have symptoms begin until last year. And I led a very active life until then.
I support equal rights, you obviously do not.
And what does the number of people in jail for bigamy have to do with the fact that the federal government considers marriage "one man and one woman" only? Some people are in jail for bigamy, that's not enough for you?
I, also, jumped at the wrong time, and ended up arguing with a tree. The tree won.
:-D
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
as an aside, I once let a guy in a parachute jump out of a balloon I was piloting at the time, he said the experience was one in a lifetime jumping into still air like that.
I was pretty young and a rather rookie pilot at the time, I told him it was a once in a lifetime event for me too, loosing that much weight out of the balloon at 10,000 feet all of a sudden, an experience I had not had yet.
I was frantically dumping air out of the envelope, I have been in a terminal decent in a balloon for my license, but never what you would call a terminal accent ( chuckle )
LOL 3 members of the "Ooops" club...
:-D At least you didn't get to take something permanent out of your experience....
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sweet Jesus on a pogo stick hopping down Castro Street naked, get an argument.
Now, that is a great "X-Box-ism"... Love it.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Why Framk you are my special project. I want everyone to know and understand you. Now get a grip, Papa's gonna bring it home.
We liked you better when you were "littlebrain" and telling us that you were burying us...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't like it??? Find the big red x in the upper right hand corner, and Use it.
Now, this is an actual admission of his intention to stalk and harass Frank. I have reported this admission, and will wait to see if anything is done about it.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>
"If the federal government recognizes polygamy it will be much easier to repeal the state laws against it. In CA, one of these state laws is PROPOSITION EIGHT."
HUH? Prop 8 has nothing to do with polygamy you moron. 2 1/2 years latter and you still are clueless as to the very topic of this thread.
STFU with the name-calling until you type without making any errors, you moron.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
What posts? That's what I'm saying, you never mentioned it. I can't provide evidence to something that doesn't exist.
Which is exactly why I'm saying, it doesn't exist. You've never mentioned hermaphrodites and if you're so high and mighty on this thing and all "nobody-should-dare-get-o ff-topic-with-me" then you'll stay on topic and enlighten us about what you think about hermaphrodites marrying.
Otherwise you're just as dabbled in double standards as you and those who agree with you accuse our side of being.
You claim that hermaphrodites are neither man nor woman. Wrong, they are both. They have twice the entitlement to marry the same sex that any others do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey