Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181866 Feb 28, 2013
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
Historically, no rights activist movements have ever put the decision over whether to extend the rights to a general ballot. If this had been the case, we might still have slavery in effect today.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#181867 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Frank come on tell us all about jumping out of a Chopper in Nam.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181868 Feb 28, 2013
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give you the Frankie Rizzo answer: show me proof of the thing we're arguing over the existence of.
You may now feel confused.
In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.

-Hunter S. Thompson
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181869 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner.
But we aren't a democracy. We're a democratically representative republic.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181870 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Giving up already Fruitcake?
Fact is prop 8 says marriage is "a man and a woman", That means exactly what it says, not 2 men and a woman, not two women, not two men. What don't you understand about that? It bans polygamy and same sex marriage EQUALLY.
You are not any more a victim of prop 8 than polyamorists are.
I am not a victim of prop 8 because I am not gay.

You assume too much.

Because a loophole in prop 8 adds (in some miniscule, insignificant way) to the crapload of other laws denying you the right to poly marriage, you assume that prop 8 was equally addressing poly marriage alongside gay marriage.

Nowhere in the ballot statement did it mention poly marriage.

You're losing.

Sorry.

Must suck.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181871 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.
-Hunter S. Thompson
You're absolutely insane.
- Me

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#181872 Feb 28, 2013
JoshCham wrote:
The people of California voted this down. I voted for gay marriage but I have since changed my mind on it. Should gays be allowed to get married? Yes. But marriage isn't a right and none of the government's business to be in. People wanted it put to a vote and they lost, they should of moved on.
People should get equal rights, even when that's not popular with the knuckle dragging mob. People shouldn't stop going after equal rights because they lose one battle.
Marriage is a right.(Loving v VA)

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#181873 Feb 28, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Why its still two people.
It still effects those laws, and to pretend it doesn't is not helping your case.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181874 Feb 28, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Frank come on tell us all about jumping out of a Chopper in Nam.
I was scared and pumped on adrenaline. I jumped too soon. I misjudged how high we were. Maybe 12 feet. It hurt for a while and a little ever since but nothing debilitating until recently. Now I cannot walk and the docs aren't giving me a good prognosis. I had another surgery yesterday. Laposcopic surgery. Modern medicine is a blessing.

My age and the old injury combined, and here I am.

You're a real jerk and a creep, but I wouldn't wish it on you or anyone, Well maybe my ex wife...naaah. No one. Not even you or her.
Not being able to stand or walk is a life changing challenge. I'm up for it. I follow docs orders religiously.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181875 Feb 28, 2013
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely insane.
- Me
Thank you! That makes me feel ALIVE! Seriously.

Location hidden

#181876 Feb 28, 2013
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a change in laws, just a change in who the laws apply to. You're really quick to make people out as idiotic, aren't you?
Also, why wouldn't we want to extend those things?
You should look up the definition of CHANGE. You just said nothing changing but.... which means it changed.

And I am not that quick at calling people idiots, I have been here quite some time as have the others, I guess the fact that you just arrived to the party has confused you.

BTW, none of the items I mentioned that require changes in the law are "rights".
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181877 Feb 28, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
People should get equal rights, even when that's not popular with the knuckle dragging mob. People shouldn't stop going after equal rights because they lose one battle.
Marriage is a right.(Loving v VA)
Tell Big D. He thinks polygamists should give up. Without a fight.
Says it's futile.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181878 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! That makes me feel ALIVE! Seriously.
Liveliness transcends.

Location hidden

#181879 Feb 28, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever made any kind of actual argument in this forum? Seems all you do is call people names.
Yup, but you wouldn't recognized an argument if it smacked you in the head so it is no wonder that missed it.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181880 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was scared and pumped on adrenaline. I jumped too soon. I misjudged how high we were. Maybe 12 feet. It hurt for a while and a little ever since but nothing debilitating until recently. Now I cannot walk and the docs aren't giving me a good prognosis. I had another surgery yesterday. Laposcopic surgery. Modern medicine is a blessing.
My age and the old injury combined, and here I am.
You're a real jerk and a creep, but I wouldn't wish it on you or anyone, Well maybe my ex wife...naaah. No one. Not even you or her.
Not being able to stand or walk is a life changing challenge. I'm up for it. I follow docs orders religiously.
Well crap, I almost want to apologize for being heavy on you now.

I mean, this is a debate forum, but my god...woah. I was not aware of this, man.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181881 Feb 28, 2013
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a victim of prop 8 because I am not gay.
You assume too much.
Because a loophole in prop 8 adds (in some miniscule, insignificant way) to the crapload of other laws denying you the right to poly marriage, you assume that prop 8 was equally addressing poly marriage alongside gay marriage.
Nowhere in the ballot statement did it mention poly marriage.
You're losing.
Sorry.
Must suck.
Prop 8 says marriage is a man and a woman ONLY. Not 2 men and a woman. Not 2 men, not 2 women. It EFFECTIVELY and EQUALLY bans polygamy as well as SSM.

Look Jerky. The bottom line is I support marriage equality and you do not.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181882 Feb 28, 2013
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
But we aren't a democracy. We're a democratically representative republic.
I know. When did I say we were a democracy jackass?
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181883 Feb 28, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You should look up the definition of CHANGE. You just said nothing changing but.... which means it changed.
And I am not that quick at calling people idiots, I have been here quite some time as have the others, I guess the fact that you just arrived to the party has confused you.
BTW, none of the items I mentioned that require changes in the law are "rights".
I didn't say "nothing changing". I said the laws themselves didn't change, it was just an expansion of who they applied to.

This is my RE-arrival to the party, bro. I was commenting on this last May. I found those pages of comments again just a couple minutes ago. You're on them. You've been here forever, or so it seems.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181884 Feb 28, 2013
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
Liveliness transcends.
Yes indeed.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181885 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop 8 says marriage is a man and a woman ONLY. Not 2 men and a woman. Not 2 men, not 2 women. It EFFECTIVELY and EQUALLY bans polygamy as well as SSM.
Look Jerky. The bottom line is I support marriage equality and you do not.
Depends on what you define as marriage equality. If "marriage equality" to you includes poly marriage, then it's your cause to fight for. I don't advocate it, but I don't intend to stop you. I'm not an anti-change person.

Look, I'm trying to be nicer to you here. I'm trying to be civil now. You don't have to call me "Jerky".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr L Morales 71,257
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 23 Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1

Freeze Warning for Monterey County was issued at December 26 at 2:34PM PST

Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info