Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,934)

Showing posts 158,661 - 158,680 of200,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I got anxious and jumped out of a helicopter a little too soon in 1968 and I am paying for it now. I was lucky to not have symptoms begin until last year. And I led a very active life until then.
as an aside, I once let a guy in a parachute jump out of a balloon I was piloting at the time, he said the experience was one in a lifetime jumping into still air like that.

I was pretty young and a rather rookie pilot at the time, I told him it was a once in a lifetime event for me too, loosing that much weight out of the balloon at 10,000 feet all of a sudden, an experience I had not had yet.

I was frantically dumping air out of the envelope, I have been in a terminal decent in a balloon for my license, but never what you would call a terminal accent ( chuckle )
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
So what how long it takes? Please answer! How is that relevant?
Please!
It is the piece you donít want to recognize, and why people are not yet jumping on your bandwagon. It isnít time yet.

I suspect it will be time in the not too distant future, but right now it would flop on the deck like a brick
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ad hominem dopiness and anger. Doesn't prove your anti-equality stance is right.
The link does not work, anyway it's probably dumb. And it's you and your dopey sidekick Jizzy's problem, not mine.
What anti-equality stance is that, Miss Strawman?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you donít have a name. You donít know of anyone ( there may be, I donít know ) who is in jail specifically for Bigamy, not bigamy and other crimes like abuse, not bigamy with the other parties unaware of the bigamy, but simple bigamy. I would imagine there is one... somewhere you would think.
(Got it It's a crime ( often a felony) and the penalties include prison. I don't know how many people have been sentenced to prison but SO WHAT? They could easily be and I am am sure there are some.
I donít need to be in front of a courthouse.)

#1 What needs to happen is already happening faster than any civil rights journey that I can think of with regards to Same Sex Marriage
(Great! That's how poly will be once it starts rolling good)

#2 There is no one in prison that I can think of specifically for Same Sex marriage.(Of course not, Did I say there was?)

#3 I vote, and I donít always agree on every subject with the people I vote for, but this is one consideration in who I vote for.
(Me too!)

#4 I contribute to causes I deem worthy, and have contributed to the cause of the topic of this forum.( that is same sex marriage by the way in case you have forgotten ) Me too!
I am very proud of you jackass! Aren't you proud of me too?!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
As I've repeatedly told you, I am not interested in a poly marriage for myself. I just want to discuss marriage equality for poly people in this forum of tolerant and diverse jackasses and hypocrites.
So let's cut through your bulls!t Mr. Tolerance and Diversity, do you think poly should be allowed? Yes? No? Why?
The answer is not "Are you stuk on stooooopid?"
You're one to talk about stuck on stupid. You cannot even determine the topic of this thread. I have a hint for you.... it ain't polygamy.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's cut through your bullsh!t.
Do you support legalizing poly marriage? Yes or no? Why?
Off topic.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Big D! I made a huge batch of my world famous chili for the gay rights rally at my next door neighbors house a few months ago and about 40 gays and lesbians loved it! They didn't ridicule my thoughts on marriage equality at all. They raved about the chili.

You should be so nice.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
And what does the number of people in jail for bigamy have to do with the fact that the federal government considers marriage "one man and one woman" only? Some people are in jail for bigamy, that's not enough for you?
You made the claim... the burden of proof is yours. How many people are currently in jail for bigamy?

Instead of running your stupid thoughts on TOPIX, why don't you pick up a textbook and educate yourself? You seem to be completely ignorant about logic, among other things.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You're one to talk about stuck on stupid. You cannot even determine the topic of this thread. I have a hint for you.... it ain't polygamy.
Oh sweet Jesus on a pogo stick hopping down Castro Street naked, get an argument.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
And it ain't a Frankie roast either toots. Get on topic MARRIAGE RIGHTS.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Interesting article in the news

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/28/politics/court-...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You made the claim... the burden of proof is yours. How many people are currently in jail for bigamy?
Instead of running your stupid thoughts on TOPIX, why don't you pick up a textbook and educate yourself? You seem to be completely ignorant about logic, among other things.
You tell me, it's your dumb argument against true marriage equality.

How many people have been convicted of bigamy toots? Be sure to find that too in your exhausted research on wiki!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Big D! I made a huge batch of my world famous chili for the gay rights rally at my next door neighbors house a few months ago and about 40 gays and lesbians loved it! They didn't ridicule my thoughts on marriage equality at all. They raved about the chili.
You should be so nice.
If you chili is world famous, why have I not heard of it

I do like Chili though :)

Did you attack all those people for not screaming at the top of their lungs in favor of polygamy?

Maybe that is why they were nice

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
As I've repeatedly told you, I am not interested in a poly marriage for myself. I just want to discuss marriage equality for poly people in this forum of tolerant and diverse jackasses and hypocrites.
So let's cut through your bulls!t Mr. Tolerance and Diversity, do you think poly should be allowed? Yes? No? Why?
The answer is not "Are you stuk on stooooopid?"
You are one stupid azz tool. I gave you your answer. I do not CARE
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the piece you donít want to recognize, and why people are not yet jumping on your bandwagon. It isnít time yet.
I suspect it will be time in the not too distant future, but right now it would flop on the deck like a brick
Once again, so what how long it takes?

I am sure many bigots said the same thing about SSM. If you'd notice all of your arguments are the same as SSM detractors.

So is that your best argument against marriage equality for poly? It will take a long time?

It will roll exactly like SSM did. And in as short a time, maybe shorter thanks to same sex be generally accepted and respected now.

Poly MARRIAGE deserves the same consideration and respect as same sex MARRIAGE.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>You are one stupid azz tool. I gave you your answer. I do not CARE
Yeah sure. So your extreme hostility to me is related to what?

When did your only purpose on Topix become to stalk me? Make derogatory threads against me, Follow me from thread to thread?

Get a grip creep.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah sure. So your extreme hostility to me is related to what?
When did your only purpose on Topix become to stalk me? Make derogatory threads against me, Follow me from thread to thread?
Get a grip creep.
Why Framk you are my special project. I want everyone to know and understand you. Now get a grip, Papa's gonna bring it home.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And it ain't a Frankie roast either toots. Get on topic MARRIAGE RIGHTS.
Get on topic PROP 8
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
What anti-equality stance is that, Miss Strawman?
Ridiculing poly marriage.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell me, it's your dumb argument against true marriage equality.
How many people have been convicted of bigamy toots? Be sure to find that too in your exhausted research on wiki!
"Marriage equality" only exists in your fantasy world.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 158,661 - 158,680 of200,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••