Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,192

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#181730 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Polygamy illegal?
Federal law prohibits polygamy in the territories. Federal law also does not provide legal recognition of polygamy. It defines marriage as one man, and one woman.
U.S. laws and Senate hearings on polygamy

U.S. laws concerning polygamy:
Gregory Brower, the Arizona U.S. Attorney, said during a Senate hearing in 2008-JUL that there is no federal law against polygamy. He commented that the federal government has a number of traditional resources at its disposal to investigate polygamists, including FBI, Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, IRS, and other inspectors.

However, polygamy is illegal in all 50 states under state laws.
http://www.google.com/url...

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#181731 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And can you imagine the woman's beer and pizza bills? Not to mention the pay per view sports events on TV!
That was funny paisan. Salud!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#181732 Feb 28, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text> Isn't marriage a State issue? Don't all 50 States have laws against polygamy?
Several States recognize same sex marriage in spite of the law. Why don't any recognize poly?
X box, the first step is decriminalization. If ya think about it, a man can have as many babys mamas as he wants, with the consent of the mamas of course, and the state will even step in and help provide for his children. Oh sure the state will probably try to force him to pay support, but even that has a limit. So in a manner of speaking, if polygamy is not legal, poly mama is.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181733 Feb 28, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
X box, the first step is decriminalization. If ya think about it, a man can have as many babys mamas as he wants, with the consent of the mamas of course, and the state will even step in and help provide for his children. Oh sure the state will probably try to force him to pay support, but even that has a limit. So in a manner of speaking, if polygamy is not legal, poly mama is.
Didn't I say decriminalization was the first step TWO YEARS AGO? You went off on me for writing it back then, and now, here you are with it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181734 Feb 28, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text> Isn't marriage a State issue? Don't all 50 States have laws against polygamy?
Several States recognize same sex marriage in spite of the law. Why don't any recognize poly?
Sure, but just like same sex, the feds won't recognize it. No fed bennies for you or them!

With the added nice touch of a prison sentence for bigamy! But you like that part.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181735 Feb 28, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"X Box"! Too funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181736 Feb 28, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>
U.S. laws and Senate hearings on polygamy
U.S. laws concerning polygamy:
Gregory Brower, the Arizona U.S. Attorney, said during a Senate hearing in 2008-JUL that there is no federal law against polygamy. He commented that the federal government has a number of traditional resources at its disposal to investigate polygamists, including FBI, Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, IRS, and other inspectors.
However, polygamy is illegal in all 50 states under state laws.
http://www.google.com/url...
Sure, but just like same sex, the feds won't recognize it. No fed bennies for same sex or poly!

With the added nice touch of a prison sentence for bigamy! But you like that part.

P.S. Learn how to post a link dummy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181737 Feb 28, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't I say decriminalization was the first step TWO YEARS AGO? You went off on me for writing it back then, and now, here you are with it.
What's your point in all your dumb angry posts?

Seems to me you are vehemently against a form of marriage you don't approve of. Just like those people you hate, no different, your just dumber and even more bigoted. Actually much worse because you are even more hypocritical.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181738 Feb 28, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>LOL.... that is a distinct possibility.
Ad hominem dopiness.
Yammers

Covina, CA

#181739 Feb 28, 2013

Seems to me you are vehemently against a form of marriage you don't approve of. Just like those people you hate, no different, your just dumber and even more bigoted. Actually much worse because you are even more hypocritical.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#181740 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, but just like same sex, the feds won't recognize it. No fed bennies for same sex or poly!
Golly Frank, I guess you missed the news about DOMA.

Hey Frank, the link works just fine, is your mouse to complicated to operate?

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#181741 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ad hominem dopiness.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181742 Feb 28, 2013
Yammers wrote:
You sense that too from X-box? Sure, he's so obviously bigoted against poly, it comes out in his every post about it.

And besides, he's such a jackass!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181743 Feb 28, 2013
Yammers wrote:
Which form of marriage don't I approve of, fruitloops?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181744 Feb 28, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>You are batshiet crazy
You are a cyberstalking ad hominem-happy creep.

Go start another few derogatory violation of TOS posts against me hothead.

Take a fake poll of your 260 "friends".
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181745 Feb 28, 2013
Woops!

I meant derogatory threads, not posts.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#181746 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
How many people are currently in prison for Bigamy?

I am not asking how many bigamists are in prison for other crimes, but specifically for Bigamy, where all parties were aware of and willing participants in Bigamy?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181747 Feb 28, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Ad hominem dopiness.
Asking "what's you point and speculating on what his point is is not ad hominem idiot.

Before you get to feeling very witty- Calling you "idiot" is not ad hominem, it's the sad truth.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#181748 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a cyberstalking ad hominem-happy creep.
Go start another few derogatory violation of TOS posts against me hothead.
Take a fake poll of your 260 "friends".
Why are you pissed Flunkie
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181749 Feb 28, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
How many people are currently in prison for Bigamy?
I am not asking how many bigamists are in prison for other crimes, but specifically for Bigamy, where all parties were aware of and willing participants in Bigamy?
You tell me hotshot, how many?

How many times have I told you I am not your reference clerk? You can use a search engine half-assed, even real dummies can. And you certainly shouldn't try to order your opponent to do it! What a jackass!

P.S. Try an alternative search engine for a change Fruitcake. Google's great but a little too big for it's britches. And way to sneaky with your privacy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 hr JOEL 70,105
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 17 savvylocal 245
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep '14 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep '14 fancy 3
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey Jobs