Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#181709 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a federal law against poly fruitcake, No state can recognize poly.
Get educated, it's the best defence against hate and bigotry.
P.S. Goats cannot enter into contracts. You use all the bigotry people use against SSM, but you use it against polygamy and poorly. Study up, there are much better ignorant insults against poly then the goat one, study the great homophobes work for some better ones.
So.. you are saying when and if Utah recognizes Poly, that it will be because of their support for Same Sex marriage.

donít mind the laughter you are hearing, we are all laughing at a private joke.

I am not using anything against poly, I am not opposed to poly, I am just trying to bring you down to reality just a little bit. Right now you are higher than Rush Limbaugh at the Elvis Presley estate pharmaceutical sale
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181711 Feb 28, 2013
Randy-Rock-Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly thing, we have ... You just wish to dismiss them... LOL
Just like the Court does......
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181712 Feb 28, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
"Equal protection" means you get to take your grievence to Court, you flaming dumbass. It does NOT mean equal rights. And the Browns aren't even asking the Court to have their marriage legally recognized.
Don't keep giving me lame excuses for your bigotry and hypocrisy.

Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181713 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't keep giving me lame excuses for your bigotry and hypocrisy.
Is that another "...ooops I was wrong?" I didn't think so. You're not even honest enough to admit your own mistakes.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181714 Feb 28, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So.. you are saying when and if Utah recognizes Poly, that it will be because of their support for Same Sex marriage.
donít mind the laughter you are hearing, we are all laughing at a private joke.
I am not using anything against poly, I am not opposed to poly, I am just trying to bring you down to reality just a little bit. Right now you are higher than Rush Limbaugh at the Elvis Presley estate pharmaceutical sale
Won't be that simple.

So you are saying granting equality for one group has no relation to any other group?

That's not the way it has worked throughout history so far.

We know, you're not against poly. Everybody else is though because they're child abusers and pedophiles! That's Big D's "face of polygamy" and he's sticking to it!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181715 Feb 28, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So.. you are saying when and if Utah recognizes Poly, that it will be because of their support for Same Sex marriage.
donít mind the laughter you are hearing, we are all laughing at a private joke.
I am not using anything against poly, I am not opposed to poly, I am just trying to bring you down to reality just a little bit. Right now you are higher than Rush Limbaugh at the Elvis Presley estate pharmaceutical sale
woohoo..... save me some percodan
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181716 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Won't be that simple.
So you are saying granting equality for one group has no relation to any other group?
That's not the way it has worked throughout history so far.
Did you forget your meds this morning?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#181717 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Won't be that simple.
So you are saying granting equality for one group has no relation to any other group?
That's not the way it has worked throughout history so far.
We know, you're not against poly. Everybody else is though because they're child abusers and pedophiles! That's Big D's "face of polygamy" and he's sticking to it!
I am saying flat out, that if Utah recognizes Poly, it will not be because of their support for same sex marriage.

At least not in the short term

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#181718 Feb 28, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
In your opinion, not in reality.
Even judges offer opinions. One says there's a right to SSM, another says there's no right to SSM. A judge could express that very same opinion. The judge's opinion carries for more weight, but it's still an opinion.
There is no requirement to make any and all changes to every law because one change is logical and sensible.
But of course Questy, because we all know that removing the opposite sex requirement from marriage is "logical and sensible", but removing the number restriction is not. Right?(Sigh)

It all boils down to opinion again.
A civil right cannot be denied to one group ONLY because you are afraid that another group might someday push their cause.
Sorry, that's not rational, and it's not constitutional.
True, but the civil right in question is not denied. It applied to all men and all women equally. Some folks don't like the manner in which they have to exercise it. But the right is the same for all men and women.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#181719 Feb 28, 2013
Dorn wrote:
<quoted text>
If polygamy ever becomes legal and women could have as many husbands as she wants,
Sure....let's hope one of them is a chiropractor.
prostitutes could marry their Johns. It might not eliminate prostitution, but it could diminish it.
Prostitutes can marry now.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181720 Feb 28, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you forget your meds this morning?
Ad hominem.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181721 Feb 28, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saying flat out, that if Utah recognizes Poly, it will not be because of their support for same sex marriage.
At least not in the short term
Poyamorists will surely use every means supporters of same sex marriage did.

This is not bad Big D! It's good! Marriage is good for society. Don't fight it.

Polygamy, if legalized would be so uncommon you would probably never have to be offended by the sight of a happy poly family.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#181722 Feb 28, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you forget your meds this morning?
I think he has too many
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181723 Feb 28, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Oh really? Did you get educated? What federal law prohibits poly from being recognized by the States?
Is Polygamy illegal?

Federal law prohibits polygamy in the territories. Federal law also does not provide legal recognition of polygamy. It defines marriage as one man, and one woman.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181724 Feb 28, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure....let's hope one of them is a chiropractor.
<quoted text>
Prostitutes can marry now.
And can you imagine the woman's beer and pizza bills? Not to mention the pay per view sports events on TV!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181725 Feb 28, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he has too many
Ad hominem.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181726 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Polygamy illegal?
Federal law prohibits polygamy in the territories. Federal law also does not provide legal recognition of polygamy. It defines marriage as one man, and one woman.
Isn't marriage a State issue? Don't all 50 States have laws against polygamy?

Several States recognize same sex marriage in spite of the law. Why don't any recognize poly?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181727 Feb 28, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he has too many
LOL.... that is a distinct possibility.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#181728 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Poyamorists will surely use every means supporters of same sex marriage did.
This is not bad Big D! It's good! Marriage is good for society. Don't fight it.
Polygamy, if legalized would be so uncommon you would probably never have to be offended by the sight of a happy poly family.
I am sure they will, if you are saying that the unsuccessful Poly lobby can learn from the successful Same Sex lobby, well yeah.

Poly probably would be uncommon ( shrug ) it wouldnít bother me, but I donít think itís time is ripe yet... maybe in a decade or so, again your problem is public perception, an issue the Same Sex marriage lobby does not currently have.

I suspect the same will be true for the poly lobby in time, but I dont expect it yet.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#181729 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Get to work rigging the judge-its Jackass! You're slacking off.
Speed it up, no Viagra or Night Train for you today! Hup! Hup!
Remember now, good judge-its if your gay, no matter what, and bad judge-its for straight no matter what they say!
Except of course for your own posts which you rate good even though you're straight!
YUK!YUK!YUK! JizzyBrid. What a tool!
You are batshiet crazy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 18 min HughBe 70,017
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 17 savvylocal 245
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep 21 fancy 3

Beach Hazards Statement for Monterey County was issued at October 21 at 6:49AM PDT

Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey Jobs

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]