Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,967

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#181637 Feb 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You disagree with that statement?
What statement? The one where I called you an idiot?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181638 Feb 27, 2013
Funny how when Jizzybirdy shows up, the judge-it rigging goes into high gear!

You gotta try and make it credible Jizzy you big stupid galoot!

Too funny. What a dope.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181639 Feb 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text> So what? Are you attempting to use an appeal to popularity to prove your point?
That's one of your sidekick Jizzybirdy's best arguments against polygamy. It's not popular enough.

Location hidden

#181640 Feb 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't make up the rules in Logic. It's Logic 101.
The slippery slope argument is what it is.
The Slippery Slope is a fallacy in which a person asserts that some event must inevitably follow from another without any argument for the inevitability of the event in question. In most cases, there are a series of steps or gradations between one event and the one in question and no reason is given as to why the intervening steps or gradations will simply be bypassed.
let's try this ploy:
In most cases, there are a series of steps or gradations between one event and the one in question and no reason is given as to why the intervening steps or gradations will simply be bypassed.
In most cases, there are a series of steps or gradations between one event and the one in question and no reason is given as to why the intervening steps or gradations will simply be bypassed.
Making the connection between same-sex marriage legalization leading to poly and incestuous marriages does not meet the definition of a slippery slope argument as the connection is already being made. Both in the US and in other countries.

Perhaps you should read that definition a little slower next time.

Location hidden

#181641 Feb 27, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>How does smae sex marriage change any laws?
Did you really ask this question?

Tax Laws/ Social Security Laws/ Business Law/Medical Laws and Regulations/Insurance Laws and Regulations......
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181642 Feb 27, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Tax Laws/ Social Security Laws/ Business Law/Medical Laws and Regulations/Insurance Laws and Regulations......
Jizzybird's stupidity often baffles me too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181643 Feb 27, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Making the connection between same-sex marriage legalization leading to poly and incestuous marriages does not meet the definition of a slippery slope argument as the connection is already being made. Both in the US and in other countries.
Perhaps you should read that definition a little slower next time.
Xavier Breath or whatever his current sock is gets very angry and irrational.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#181644 Feb 27, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Why its still two people.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#181645 Feb 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Xavier Breath or whatever his current sock is gets very angry and irrational.
Damn you are stuck on stupid
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181646 Feb 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text> No it isn't. Bigamy laws were on the books well before DOMA.
We know that Miss thing. But a law that says marriage is only one man one woman effectively bans polygamy too.

It's demise is one more step in the right direction towards true equality. Sorry to horn in on your equal protection, I know, so gauche.

But rights are not limited no need to be greedy! We won't take much anyway, just the same as what you got. That's fair right? Xavier?...right?...Xavier?...

We're here! Were Poly! And we're in Mona Lott's face!(and it makes him silly-mad and stupid!)

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#181648 Feb 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What law is that?
Equal rights for friendships to be called marriage with no legitimate reason to limit the number.

Smile.

Location hidden

#181649 Feb 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You said "anytime, anywhere"
wrong... the time is now, the place is here in the US
I'm referring to the time period of a culture as a whole. You attempt to equate the brief decade of gay 'marriage' pursuit with the consistent practice of polygamy throughout the history of America... while ignoring the prevalence and acceptance of polygamy past and present.

Smile.

Location hidden

#181650 Feb 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text> So what? Are you attempting to use an appeal to popularity to prove your point?
Apparently you are not aware of what the point was.
Smirk.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181651 Feb 27, 2013
Lilith_Kill_Christains wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Spanky Rizzo... STFU
Great argument. Are you a student of Jizzybirdy?

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#181653 Feb 27, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhhhh......but now that SSM is legal, the polygamists are coning out of the closet. The Brown family has cited SSM in their lawsuit(s), pushing for decriminalization of their marriage/life style.
So, why not go to a forum about polygamy and talk about it? Oh, yeah, you don't give a damn about polygamy, you just want to spam this forum.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#181654 Feb 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo is a troll who is really against gay marriage. He just likes to spam the forum with posts about polygamy. Bet he's never made a single post about polygamy in a forum on the subject. I've told him polygamy is a red herring in this forum, but he thinks I'm talking about a fish. He's not the sharpest tool in the ol' shed.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181660 Feb 27, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Damn you are stuck on stupid
You think that dopey phrase is funny don't you Stupid?

At least I taught you how to spell it. Wasn't easy. Being you're illiterate and all.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181661 Feb 27, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Frankie Rizzo is a troll who is really against gay marriage. He just likes to spam the forum with posts about polygamy. Bet he's never made a single post about polygamy in a forum on the subject. I've told him polygamy is a red herring in this forum, but he thinks I'm talking about a fish. He's not the sharpest tool in the ol' shed.
Polygamy is marriage. It is not a fish. When it goes to court please be sure to file a friend of the court and say it's OK to deny equal protection to polygamy because it is a fish. See how that swims.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181662 Feb 27, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a change in laws, just a change in who the laws apply to. You're really quick to make people out as idiotic, aren't you?

Also, why wouldn't we want to extend those things?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181663 Feb 27, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, why not go to a forum about polygamy and talk about it? Oh, yeah, you don't give a damn about polygamy, you just want to spam this forum.
Why not go to a fish forum and talk about it? Oh yeah, you just want to spam this forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 48 min Replacement Bags 5,076
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 55 min Pizza 16,000
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 1 hr nickled 2,269
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr Eric 69,380
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Wed Blazing saddles 7,954
The inconvenient 17-year pause in global warming (Sep '13) Sep 12 Earthling-1 123
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 11 gotti jr 9
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search