Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,909)

Showing posts 158,161 - 158,180 of200,319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly think that had gays sought their day in court in 1950 they'd have not lost? Perhaps it is time to revisit the whole polygamy issue. You don't have to like someone or believe they're sincere to see the wisdom in that.
I do expect that to happen, regardless of Frankie's dishonesty

But probably not for a decade or so, right now they have a serious image problem, and not enough "good" role models in the public eye, although a few are starting to become apparent.

I think poly is where Gay Marriage was in the 70's

Its time may, and will probably come, but I dont think that time is now.

You have to guage timing, The prop 8 suppoerters saw thier limited opertunity when they passed prop 8, there was a quickly closing window where such a proposition could pass, if put to the vote today would fail miserably
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to trash one of your talks about astronomy like you trash my attempts to discuss all the aspects of marriage equality.
That would be fun! I could interrupt you and accuse you of being insincere. Call you a liar with no evidence. Call you "Mars boy!" if you spoke about Mars. Stuff like that!
May I? Where do you speak? Is it open to the public? Wheelchair accessible? Let me know, we can have some fun.
I'm not too far from that dusty little hellhole, Modesto. Which by the way was voted America's 5th most miserable city recently (Forbes check it out!).
I am not the only one that thinks you are being Insincere

Lots of people here can see you are.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Most bisexuals I know are not the least bit interested in marriage at all.
I doubt you will get a lot of support from that quarter
Waitaminit Big D....you might be on to something here. Is it a matter of who spends more money, lobbies more legislatures, files more lawsuits, and/or in essence, "yells the loudest"?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Waitaminit Big D....you might be on to something here. Is it a matter of who spends more money, lobbies more legislatures, files more lawsuits, and/or in essence, "yells the loudest"?
Well there has to be a call for change, it doesnít happen on its own

and that takes effort and people willing to make that call.

that happened with slavery, that happened with women getting the vote, it happened with the end of Jim Crow laws, and it has happened with Gay Marriage

That has NOT happened with Poly, as most ( not all ) are in groups that have withdrawn themselves into secluded and reclusive places and donít care about or even want government recognition.

For any major change, there needs to be an active constituency for it, there has to be a call for it.

Whining by people on an internet forum, specifically from people that are not particularly interested in it other than how they can use it to attack others is not going to make it happen.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
that happened with slavery, that happened with women getting the vote, it happened with the end of Jim Crow laws, and it has happened with Gay Marriage
That has NOT happened with Poly, as most ( not all ) are in groups that have withdrawn themselves into secluded and reclusive places and donít care about or even want government recognition.
For any major change, there needs to be an active constituency for it, there has to be a call for it.
Whining by people on an internet forum, specifically from people that are not particularly interested in it other than how they can use it to attack others is not going to make it happen.
http://www.pro-polygamy.com/
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.pro-polygamy.com/articles.php...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
"Every great movement begins with one man." - Charlie Sheen.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a time when people spoke of same sex marriage "going nowhere" and they said things "whining on an internet forum or wherever would do nothing..." etc.

They were bigots just like you. And they had to suck it up and embrace same sex marriage, now it's your turn. Do it gracefully. Be a man.

I welcome the day when there is true equality and an end to bigotry and ignorance but it never dies with idiots like you around.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a time when people spoke of same sex marriage "going nowhere" and they said things "whining on an internet forum or wherever would do nothing..." etc.
They were bigots just like you. And they had to suck it up and embrace same sex marriage, now it's your turn. Do it gracefully. Be a man.
I welcome the day when there is true equality and an end to bigotry and ignorance but it never dies with idiots like you around.
Yes, poly is in the same place SSM was a decade or so ago, that is what I have been saying from the beginning.

When there is enough of a call for it, from responsible people, it will probably happen. It will take some work, just as it is for SSM
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, this post of yours in another wonderful example of how your interest in Poly is only in how you can attack people that are for SSM, the funny part is I am not even opposed to poly, but you arenít bright enough to recognize that yet.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, poly is in the same place SSM was a decade or so ago, that is what I have been saying from the beginning.
When there is enough of a call for it, from responsible people, it will probably happen. It will take some work, just as it is for SSM
Sure. Responsible people, meaning anyone but me I suppose.

You can discuss traveling to Mars without knowing the date it will be possible and I can discuss polygamy without knowing the date when it will be possible.

Your beginnings of reasonableness about it is the result of my tireless effort.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, this post of yours in another wonderful example of how your interest in Poly is only in how you can attack people that are for SSM, the funny part is I am not even opposed to poly, but you arenít bright enough to recognize that yet.
Yeah, sure. You're not opposed to those child molesting welfare cheats, it's those other people who are.

We've been through all this before.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax fruitloops.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Link to our SCOTUS brief:

http://www.afer.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/0...

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
And we all know that you are too ugly to even dare to show your mug.
LOL. No, stupid, things like you are amoral, racist and dangerous, so I won't show my face. That's the reason.
YOU are ugly, so ugly, Topix kicked you off because you wouldn't take your pic down again.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
And I bet that you wish that your mother had named you Rose, instead of Rebekah, or LaQueesha, or whatever...
See what I mean about your being racist.
Why lie and say you are Wiccan?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody believes what Rose? Again you are incoherent and off topic.
I went away for a couple months, and I swear in that time you have actually managed to get dumber.
Did they let you out finally? Well, keep taking your meds on schedule, or they might have to come get you again, stupid.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

For those who don't know:
Frankie Rizzo is just a troll who is against gay marriage. He's flying under false colors pretending he is in favor of gay marriage, and flooding the forum with posts about the red herring of polygamy as a distraction. He's so dumb, he thinks I'm talking about a fish when I use the term "red herring".

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Wow, still not one rational argument against gay marriage. You'd think in all this time, someone would be able to come up with ONE.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belie...

Now, I agree with Bauman in his defence of the importance of monogamous marriage to society. But I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm in the west when the laws of Canada have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability. Put bluntly, if heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 158,161 - 158,180 of200,319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••