Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,185

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181224 Feb 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You attack anyone that is for SSM
and defend those that oppose it
dont think we have not noticed, everyone has
I attack self righteous hypocrites.

You attack me for supporting a form of marriage you hate. Because you'r a self righteous hypocrite.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181225 Feb 25, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
<looks at top of page>
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage
Poly IS off topic. Jesus.... you're like a four year old.
Equal protection is GUARANTEED by our constitution. It's clear to me that you don't comprehend what 'equal protection' means. It does NOT mean everyone gets equal rights.
Striking down prop 8 bodes well for polgamy.

And I'm very glad that exposes your hypocrisy and makes you very angry.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181226 Feb 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
They can and do
And I have not seen a lot of arrests for polygamy ( except where not all the parties are aware the other is already married ), I have seen polygamists get arrested for other things, but not specifically for polygamy.
You are right about your assessment of Frankie, he doesnít have the courage to be honest. He hides behind this diversion of the topic instead.
Another desperate attempt to deal with your own hypocrisy. It's getting so old. Keep your prejudices out of other people's families.

Do you really want to send three adult committed women to prison for the crime of "affront to society"? I bet you do! But you cannot. So give it up.

They're here. they're poly and they're IN YOUR FACE.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181227 Feb 25, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>well.... I'm not so sure about it being courage that he lacks. I would say it's intellect. He can't even follow the basic points of a conversation from one post to the next. He's got a bad case of A.D.D..... so it's no surprise that he is unable to form a well-reasoned argument. I bet he's a sucky chess player, too.
You're real "sucky" at concealing your hypocrisy.
Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#181228 Feb 25, 2013
I get paid over $87 per hour working from home with 2 kids at home. I never thought I'd be able to do it but my best friend earns over 10k a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless. Heres what I've been doing, Bam21.com ONLY
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181229 Feb 25, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Suck down all the Girl Scout cookies you can afford. Maybe the world will get lucky and you'll get diabetes.
Nice!

Good fantasy for you but keep it to yourself, It's very mean spirited.

Good thing you cannot inflict a terrible disease on people for supporting rights for people you hate. I'm sure you would if you could.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181230 Feb 25, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Prison sentence for what? Churches can marry anyone they wish. Those marriages are only legal if the parties take out a license/certificate from the State. I doubt if any polys would be foolish enough to do that. They can have their church weddings, I don't care.
Prison for polygamy. It's a crime Miss Thing. And you don't even know why. You just like that it is.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#181233 Feb 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Another desperate attempt to deal with your own hypocrisy. It's getting so old. Keep your prejudices out of other people's families.
Do you really want to send three adult committed women to prison for the crime of "affront to society"? I bet you do! But you cannot. So give it up.
They're here. they're poly and they're IN YOUR FACE.
OH nothing desperate here poly boy, I am not trying to change the subject away from SSM.

I am not attacking those that support SSM

I am just laughing at your failing efforts to do so

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#181234 Feb 25, 2013
Dorn wrote:
If gays are not allowed to legally marry the gay person of their choice, they will marry a straight person of the oposit sex as second choice. No one against gay marriage seems to realize that.
Would anyone here want their daughter to marry an in the closet gay man? Would anyone here want their son to marry an in the closet lesbian?
Why can't gays marry the gay person of their choice without government regulation and/or recognition? How does that work for bisexuals? Can they marry two?
Frank the man

Glendora, CA

#181235 Feb 25, 2013
Bum em all
Big D

Modesto, CA

#181236 Feb 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't gays marry the gay person of their choice without government regulation and/or recognition? How does that work for bisexuals? Can they marry two?
Most bisexuals I know are not the least bit interested in marriage at all.

I doubt you will get a lot of support from that quarter
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181237 Feb 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Neil Andblowme's solution for poly people. He doesn't like it when it's suggested for same sex though. Funny that.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181238 Feb 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
OH nothing desperate here poly boy, I am not trying to change the subject away from SSM.
I am not attacking those that support SSM
I am just laughing at your failing efforts to do so
You're stupid. If I wasn't here this thread would be as a door nail, son.

And you're not laughing. You're angry and impotent to do anything about it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#181239 Feb 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're stupid. If I wasn't here this thread would be as a door nail, son.
And you're not laughing. You're angry and impotent to do anything about it.
Not at all Frankie

SSM is becoming legal, in a growing number of states and countries, and there is nothing you can do about it

Poly may happen someday, but not for a couple of decades at least, and there is something you can do about that.... but you wont.

All this is nothing but hot air and deception on your part, hilariously transparent dishonesty, and just about everyone has called you on it.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#181240 Feb 25, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. They have the right to equal treatment. They had their day in Court and lost. Too bad, so sad.
We don't allow children to marry. Are they being deprived of equal treatment? Yes. And the Court gave legitimate State reasons for doing so.
Do you honestly think that had gays sought their day in court in 1950 they'd have not lost? Perhaps it is time to revisit the whole polygamy issue. You don't have to like someone or believe they're sincere to see the wisdom in that.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181241 Feb 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all Frankie
SSM is becoming legal, in a growing number of states and countries, and there is nothing you can do about it
Poly may happen someday, but not for a couple of decades at least, and there is something you can do about that.... but you wont.
All this is nothing but hot air and deception on your part, hilariously transparent dishonesty, and just about everyone has called you on it.
I'd like to trash one of your talks about astronomy like you trash my attempts to discuss all the aspects of marriage equality.

That would be fun! I could interrupt you and accuse you of being insincere. Call you a liar with no evidence. Call you "Mars boy!" if you spoke about Mars. Stuff like that!

May I? Where do you speak? Is it open to the public? Wheelchair accessible? Let me know, we can have some fun.

I'm not too far from that dusty little hellhole, Modesto. Which by the way was voted America's 5th most miserable city recently (Forbes check it out!).
Big D

Modesto, CA

#181242 Feb 25, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly think that had gays sought their day in court in 1950 they'd have not lost? Perhaps it is time to revisit the whole polygamy issue. You don't have to like someone or believe they're sincere to see the wisdom in that.
I do expect that to happen, regardless of Frankie's dishonesty

But probably not for a decade or so, right now they have a serious image problem, and not enough "good" role models in the public eye, although a few are starting to become apparent.

I think poly is where Gay Marriage was in the 70's

Its time may, and will probably come, but I dont think that time is now.

You have to guage timing, The prop 8 suppoerters saw thier limited opertunity when they passed prop 8, there was a quickly closing window where such a proposition could pass, if put to the vote today would fail miserably
Big D

Modesto, CA

#181243 Feb 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to trash one of your talks about astronomy like you trash my attempts to discuss all the aspects of marriage equality.
That would be fun! I could interrupt you and accuse you of being insincere. Call you a liar with no evidence. Call you "Mars boy!" if you spoke about Mars. Stuff like that!
May I? Where do you speak? Is it open to the public? Wheelchair accessible? Let me know, we can have some fun.
I'm not too far from that dusty little hellhole, Modesto. Which by the way was voted America's 5th most miserable city recently (Forbes check it out!).
I am not the only one that thinks you are being Insincere

Lots of people here can see you are.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#181244 Feb 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Most bisexuals I know are not the least bit interested in marriage at all.
I doubt you will get a lot of support from that quarter
Waitaminit Big D....you might be on to something here. Is it a matter of who spends more money, lobbies more legislatures, files more lawsuits, and/or in essence, "yells the loudest"?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#181245 Feb 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Waitaminit Big D....you might be on to something here. Is it a matter of who spends more money, lobbies more legislatures, files more lawsuits, and/or in essence, "yells the loudest"?
Well there has to be a call for change, it doesnít happen on its own

and that takes effort and people willing to make that call.

that happened with slavery, that happened with women getting the vote, it happened with the end of Jim Crow laws, and it has happened with Gay Marriage

That has NOT happened with Poly, as most ( not all ) are in groups that have withdrawn themselves into secluded and reclusive places and donít care about or even want government recognition.

For any major change, there needs to be an active constituency for it, there has to be a call for it.

Whining by people on an internet forum, specifically from people that are not particularly interested in it other than how they can use it to attack others is not going to make it happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 hr J RULES 71,185
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... 18 hr Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1

Beach Hazards Statement for Monterey County was issued at December 24 at 8:03AM PST

Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:23 pm PST