Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,189

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#181064 Feb 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Religious and racial differences are small and unimportant while gender differences are great and mean the continuation of the human race. If Quest wants to stand for gender segregated marriage, that's her problem.
Same sex marriage means more wasteful government spending on entitlements for a new class of same sex dependent beneficiaries and the higher taxes to pay for that and litigation.
My sweet Lord! You have got to be THE MOST ignorant stack of excrement to ever be dropped by a male Bos taurus.

Those tiny religious differences - I'll start with the obvious... Muslim v Christian. Gotta wider gap, dumdum? If that doesn't pop your corn we'll talk about more conventional western religions. Ever get between a Catholic and a Pentecostal? I grew up in the south during the 60s and 70s. I can tell you that if you think there isn't a troublesome difference for the races (not that I bought into it past the age of 7 or 8) you're about as dumb as a person can be. Women and men? The differences? They're, for the most part, in their pants. Sure, men tend to be physically stronger on average, but I've met plenty of women that could probably make you look silly with a round of arm or leg wrestling (anyone still doing that?). Courage? That doesn't have genitals. Leadership? Nope, that belongs to individuals, not genders.

Your mojo is weak and stupid, Brian. You make a lot of statements but you have yet to provide one tiny shred of proof to back your claims. I keep calling you on this and you keep avoiding valid reply. You know why you avoid? Two reasons. There is not a valid reply because I'm correct and you're wrong. And you're stupid. Dumb. A mental midget. Intellectually speaking, I'd have to get kicked in the head by an angry mule, repeatedly, for us to be on a level playing field.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#181065 Feb 24, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Religious and racial differences are small and unimportant while gender differences are great and mean the continuation of the human race. If Quest wants to stand for gender segregated marriage, that's her problem.
Same sex marriage means more wasteful government spending on entitlements for a new class of same sex dependent beneficiaries and the higher taxes to pay for that and litigation.
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
My sweet Lord! You have got to be THE MOST ignorant stack of excrement to ever be dropped by a male Bos taurus.
Those tiny religious differences - I'll start with the obvious... Muslim v Christian. Gotta wider gap, dumdum? If that doesn't pop your corn we'll talk about more conventional western religions. Ever get between a Catholic and a Pentecostal? I grew up in the south during the 60s and 70s. I can tell you that if you think there isn't a troublesome difference for the races (not that I bought into it past the age of 7 or 8) you're about as dumb as a person can be. Women and men? The differences? They're, for the most part, in their pants. Sure, men tend to be physically stronger on average, but I've met plenty of women that could probably make you look silly with a round of arm or leg wrestling (anyone still doing that?). Courage? That doesn't have genitals. Leadership? Nope, that belongs to individuals, not genders.
Your mojo is weak and stupid, Brian. You make a lot of statements but you have yet to provide one tiny shred of proof to back your claims. I keep calling you on this and you keep avoiding valid reply. You know why you avoid? Two reasons. There is not a valid reply because I'm correct and you're wrong. And you're stupid. Dumb. A mental midget. Intellectually speaking, I'd have to get kicked in the head by an angry mule, repeatedly, for us to be on a level playing field.
50% ad homoan attack, 50% self aggrandizing defense of an idiotic assertion while totally ignoring the key distinction equals 100% BS.

First the part you ignored; Religion and race do not procreate. Men and women do. That fact ALONE sets gender in a league alone. Duh.

Second, religion is a choice. Race and gender are not. Religion is a choice, race and gender are not. Another huge distinction.

Race is a merely a difference in skin color. You assert that overrides gender differences by lying, minimizing and ignoring distinctions that affect virtually every aspect of males and females.

Do you know why you make these idiotic characterless troll attacks?

Because you are in denial, and full of hate and bigotry. Oh, you are smart enough to know you have no logical, valid reply, but you hope your troll attack will intimidate. Silly stupid.

One more thing. You weren't kicked repeatedly in the head by a mule, a near senile old man just kicked the bully on the playground repeatedly in the head. Do you know what that means? If an old senile man can school you, there is absolutely no chance you will EVER match the reasoning of Brian G. If you have one ounce of character, you will beg his forgiveness!

Bazinga!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181066 Feb 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Justin Michaels, a homosexual activist and founder of the group Polyamorous NYC.
Polyamorous NYC is the only Poly organization in the nation designed specifically to serve the needs of the Gay, Lesbian, Bi & Trans community. The group is diverse, including individuals, couples and groups of various ethnicities and genders. What brings us together is our shared interest in long-term, romantically-committed, multiple-partner relationships and a love of the GLBT way of life.
http://poly-nyc.com/
Like I said, who?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181068 Feb 24, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, who?
Like I said several times, Justin Michaels, a homosexual activist and founder of the group Polyamorous NYC. Please pay attention better.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#181069 Feb 24, 2013

home > religious liberty

National ACLU Policy on Plural Marriage

NOTE: The following extracts represent the progression of what has now become the current national ACLU policy on plural marriage.

Policy #91, National ACLU Board Minutes, June 11-12, 1978:
Advocacy of plural marriage and the expression of a religious belief in plural marriage are protected by the free speech guarantee of the First Amendment even though polygamy has been declared to be criminal by states. As with the advocacy of political doctrines, a line must be drawn between expression of belief and the actual practice of an act which has been proscribed by the community through its legislative representatives (the test of a “clear and present danger”).

ACLU of Utah Policy on Plural Marriage, Adopted June 6, 1989:
The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Utah believes that the right to advocate and practice plural marriage is constitutionally protected.

The ACLU of Utah has traditionally advocated that personal relationships between consenting adults are protected by the Constitution, and that freedom of religion and freedom of expression are fundamental rights. Criminal and civil laws prohibiting the advocacy or practice of plural marriage are constitutionally defective.

Policy #91, National ACLU Policy on Polygamy, April, 1991:(Current Policy)
The ACLU believes that criminal and civil laws prohibiting or penalizing the practice of plural marriage violate constitutional protections of freedom of expression and association, freedom of religion, and privacy for personal relationships among consenting adults.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#181070 Feb 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said several times, Justin Michaels, a homosexual activist and founder of the group Polyamorous NYC. Please pay attention better.
Did you say somfin impotent?

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#181071 Feb 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Danth's Law.
POE

Poe's Law is an axiom suggesting that it's difficult, if not impossible, to distinguish between parodies of religious or other fundamentalism and its genuine proponents, since they both seem equally insane. For example, some conservatives consider noted homophobe Fred Phelps to be so over-the-top that they argue he's a "deep cover liberal" trying to discredit more mainstream homophobes.
Blazers

Covina, CA

#181072 Feb 24, 2013
What ban?

Who really care other than the fools are so busy praying their own sins away.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#181073 Feb 24, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
50% ad homoan attack, 50% self aggrandizing defense of an idiotic assertion while totally ignoring the key distinction equals 100% BS.
First the part you ignored; Religion and race do not procreate. Men and women do. That fact ALONE sets gender in a league alone. Duh.
Second, religion is a choice. Race and gender are not. Religion is a choice, race and gender are not. Another huge distinction.
Race is a merely a difference in skin color. You assert that overrides gender differences by lying, minimizing and ignoring distinctions that affect virtually every aspect of males and females.
Do you know why you make these idiotic characterless troll attacks?
Because you are in denial, and full of hate and bigotry. Oh, you are smart enough to know you have no logical, valid reply, but you hope your troll attack will intimidate. Silly stupid.
One more thing. You weren't kicked repeatedly in the head by a mule, a near senile old man just kicked the bully on the playground repeatedly in the head. Do you know what that means? If an old senile man can school you, there is absolutely no chance you will EVER match the reasoning of Brian G. If you have one ounce of character, you will beg his forgiveness!
Bazinga!
Thanks for the yawn fest, K-Mart. Just in case you hadn't noticed I have, on numerous occasions, tried to engage Brian_G in discussion to expand upon his bumpet sticker slogans. No response of any substance has been made, just more bumper stickers. On top of this we get your two cents worth, which has depreciated to minimal fractional value. He was speaking of differences, religious differences are magnificant. Not small and unimportant. Only an idiot like Brian, and apparently you, would think this to be true. Religion may appear to be a choice, but if you start digging you'll find for many that it really isn't, they've got no choice in the matter as they're drawn to it without thought or reason, just handed down to them generation after generation, hence the strong feelings that lead to such differences. That isn't to say some won't jump ship, making a "choice." One of my brothers married a Pentecostal woman. Now he's Pentecostal and speaks in tongues. I suppose he really didn't have a choice though, just got picked up and carried on into it. If you had one ounce of character you'd slink quietly into the ether never to be heard from again. I do not think this will come to pass.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181074 Feb 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee..... am I supposed to be impressed or something? He can say whatever he wants. Neither Justin, nor Polyamorous NYC means anything to me.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#181075 Feb 24, 2013
Dang Frankie, did you enjoy getting yer azz beat by Godsmacked?? It was a beautiful thing. Watch out boy she will chew you up.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#181078 Feb 24, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee..... am I supposed to be impressed or something? He can say whatever he wants. Neither Justin, nor Polyamorous NYC means anything to me.
This is exactly why you are considered to be a wretched excuse for a person. Because you dismiss any who disagree with you. Denial of the facts. Go play with some more mascara and leave the discussions to the adults.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#181079 Feb 24, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
Dang Frankie, did you enjoy getting yer azz beat by Godsmacked?? It was a beautiful thing. Watch out boy she will chew you up.
This hasn't yet happened, Poindexter, you'll claim anything to be a victory, won't you ? Danth's Law. You are a fine example of the SSM crowd, you will use anything you can to trumpet some propaganda. Except that we know bullshit when we find it...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181080 Feb 24, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Why you mad?? Now as far as blowing you. You don't have a spine, I am sure you can rubber neck it. Do you swallow your own load?
Homophobia? Gay joke?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181081 Feb 24, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you say somfin impotent?
Some homosexual activists also see the link between same-sex marriage and polygamy. Justin Michael, founder of the group "Polyamorous NYC," says that efforts by homosexual activists to deny the link with polyamory is false and cowardly.

"I'd encourage people to keep an open mind," he asserted, "it wasn't too long ago that gay relationships were completely ostracized. All movements have a tendency to build on the movements that have come before them."

He added: "It's hypocritical for us as gays and lesbians to pretend we're the only people who are treated differently because our relationships are not mainstream. Both communities are concerned with love, and forming lasting relationships, and with our own liberation."
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181082 Feb 24, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I am much more impressed by what he says than by what a hypocrite like you says.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181083 Feb 24, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
Danth's Law by proxy.

You're declaring victory for someone else! Priceless.
Tea Party Patron

Sonoma, CA

#181084 Feb 24, 2013
Join us and start thinkin straight. We can get things back the way they was by doing the what we are told is the right thing and arming everybody right now and stopping all but total immersion baptisms. God loved all cept for farm animals which is gonna be popped and plucked for freezing.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#181085 Feb 24, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you say somfin impotent?
Did you say something, sugar ?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181086 Feb 24, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 hr JOEL 70,100
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 17 savvylocal 245
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep '14 fancy 3
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey Jobs