Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181105 Feb 24, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Amen!
Nice!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181106 Feb 24, 2013
RuPauls Witnesses wrote:
... We won't be allowed to shackle them and beat them through the streets while their friends and neighbors spit on them.
Oh Pah-leeze. Spare us.

Sounds like quite a fantasy you have there pumpkin.

Hate is hate. Yours hate no better than any other hate. Even though you think it righteous. That's how it works.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#181107 Feb 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Some homosexual activists also see the link between same-sex marriage and polygamy. Justin Michael, founder of the group "Polyamorous NYC," says that efforts by homosexual activists to deny the link with polyamory is false and cowardly.
"I'd encourage people to keep an open mind," he asserted, "it wasn't too long ago that gay relationships were completely ostracized. All movements have a tendency to build on the movements that have come before them."
He added: "It's hypocritical for us as gays and lesbians to pretend we're the only people who are treated differently because our relationships are not mainstream. Both communities are concerned with love, and forming lasting relationships, and with our own liberation."
You can keep pushing your hater agenda but the fact is Gay Americans don’t have to care about or support any social injustice (whether real or perceived) in order to deserve marriage rights regardless of any hypocrisy you so proudly point out. You’re superior attitude only exemplifies how non-gays marginalize anyone they perceive to be inferior. Truth is we are organized, smart, funded and powerful and will have Gay Marriage Equality in all fifty states. You and your ilk can continue to prattle on and on about how Gay Americans have to be considered “good enough” to deserve equal rights to no avail. We’ll remain focused on and win the war for Gay Marriage Equality. Besides Gay Americans have been called much worse than selfish and hypocrites, so, if you think your lame insults will change anything you’re sorely mistaken.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#181108 Feb 24, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You once again mistake your breath being knocked out for a yawn...
I have yet to see any response of significance from you. This one being no different.
Instead you simply dumb down on a idiotic assertion with more ad homoan troll gay twirling.
Seriously, religion is not a choice? Silly stupid.
And still, not even an attempt to address the other points...
Go back to your video games son, you are clearly out of your league.
Bazinga!
The only method you have for "knocking" someone's breath away is by leaning in too close and breathing on them. Not a risk on the internet.

You are the epitome of dumb down and have no room to speak.

Regarding my assertion that religion is not a choice, your retort shows just how limited is your ability to understand plain english. You didn't notice the inclusion of "for many" in that comment and you don't recognise the reality of religion being something very few people actively choose so much as inherit. Most of the Catholics I know were born into Catholic families. Same for Baptists, Methodists, Amish, etc. Occasionally someone rejects their religion, but more often than not they simply pick up the leash and walk the dogma. There are those that jump ship, so to speak, and assume another faith, but often that is done in just the fashion I described for my brother. The one that married into a Pentecostal family. His choice was asking her to marry him, the religion came with the territory in what was arguably a mandatory component. This is a bit of a concept that requires you to actually think instead of vomit out some cute little quip about "ad homoan" attacks. Your inability to think is quite over exposed, so I expected no less. I eagerly await the next bit of muttering stupidity void of any substance to belch forth from your keyboard.

Other points? What other points? You mean his oft repeated bumper sticker slogans? He has yet to actually make a point. So there is really no need to address anything. Mocking is about all you or Brian are worthy of receiving.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181109 Feb 24, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
You can keep pushing your hater agenda but the fact is Gay Americans don’t have to care about or support any social injustice (whether real or perceived) in order to deserve marriage rights regardless of any hypocrisy you so proudly point out. You’re superior attitude only exemplifies how non-gays marginalize anyone they perceive to be inferior. Truth is we are organized, smart, funded and powerful and will have Gay Marriage Equality in all fifty states. You and your ilk can continue to prattle on and on about how Gay Americans have to be considered “good enough” to deserve equal rights to no avail. We’ll remain focused on and win the war for Gay Marriage Equality. Besides Gay Americans have been called much worse than selfish and hypocrites, so, if you think your lame insults will change anything you’re sorely mistaken.
What the hell are you talking about jackass?

I fully support marriage equality. Do you?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#181110 Feb 24, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
The only method you have for "knocking" someone's breath away is by leaning in too close and breathing on them. Not a risk on the internet.
You are the epitome of dumb down and have no room to speak.
Regarding my assertion that religion is not a choice, your retort shows just how limited is your ability to understand plain english. You didn't notice the inclusion of "for many" in that comment and you don't recognise the reality of religion being something very few people actively choose so much as inherit. Most of the Catholics I know were born into Catholic families. Same for Baptists, Methodists, Amish, etc. Occasionally someone rejects their religion, but more often than not they simply pick up the leash and walk the dogma. There are those that jump ship, so to speak, and assume another faith, but often that is done in just the fashion I described for my brother. The one that married into a Pentecostal family. His choice was asking her to marry him, the religion came with the territory in what was arguably a mandatory component. This is a bit of a concept that requires you to actually think instead of vomit out some cute little quip about "ad homoan" attacks. Your inability to think is quite over exposed, so I expected no less. I eagerly await the next bit of muttering stupidity void of any substance to belch forth from your keyboard.
Other points? What other points? You mean his oft repeated bumper sticker slogans? He has yet to actually make a point. So there is really no need to address anything. Mocking is about all you or Brian are worthy of receiving.
You dumb down twice on the same stupid assertion???

A belief system is not something anyone is born into. At an early age, they choose to accept or deny their parental or cultural norm. And at any point they can change it.

Then you plead ignorance of other points???

Too funny.

How old are you???

Smirk.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#181111 Feb 24, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Why? You didn't. LOL!
My marriage isn't important to the issue of keeping marriage as is, one man and one woman. I'll thank you not to false claims about my marriage.

Rose_NoHo wrote:
You said that gay marriage will lead to forced marriages in prison.
Prison rape is a problem now, what makes you think prison extortion marriage is impossible?

Rose_NoHo wrote:
When do you think those will start in states that recognize gay marriage? LOL!
Most states will never change the definition of marriage from male/female. Same sex marriage is taboo.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#181113 Feb 24, 2013
My sweet Lord! You have got to be THE MOST ignorant stack of excrement to ever be dropped by a male Bos taurus.
I don't see how that relates to what I wrote, that:

"Religious and racial differences are small and unimportant while gender differences are great and mean the continuation of the human race."

Those tiny religious differences - I'll start with the obvious... Muslim v Christian. Gotta wider gap, dumdum? If that doesn't pop your corn we'll talk about more conventional western religions.
Those small differences have been argued for centuries, Islam shares the belief marriage is male/female. There are small differences but all major religions agree on the big stuff.

Ever get between a Catholic and a Pentecostal?
Both faiths have a tradition of male/female marriage.

I grew up in the south during the 60s and 70s. I can tell you that if you think there isn't a troublesome difference for the races (not that I bought into it past the age of 7 or 8) you're about as dumb as a person can be.
I grew up in the North during the 60s and 70's, race had little import. Don't be fooled by prejudice and hate, we are all human beings beneath our skin.

Women and men? The differences? They're, for the most part, in their pants.
^^^The differences between men and women are in their sex organs and your largest sex organ is between your ears. Some women don't wear pants and it's frowned upon, for men to wear skirts to work. Sex differences are physical and more than physical; society has customs that reflect instinct and biology.

Sure, men tend to be physically stronger on average, but I've met plenty of women that could probably make you look silly with a round of arm or leg wrestling (anyone still doing that?).
Who's talking strong and weak? I'm talking about bearing children or fertilizing ovum; women have more reproductive value than men. Perhaps that's why men can invest so many resources toward physical strength and women don't need to.

Courage? That doesn't have genitals.
I've never claimed courage is gender specific, both men and women have courage. If you've never had a baby, you might not fully understand what courage is.

Leadership? Nope, that belongs to individuals, not genders.
Women's political leadership has been discussed in writing for more than four thousand years, there's no such record for same sex marriage. What's up with that?

Your mojo is weak and stupid, Brian. You make a lot of statements but you have yet to provide one tiny shred of proof to back your claims.
Sheesh doesn't like my mojo, calls it "weak and stupid"; wow. That's some ad hominem argument, again.

I keep calling you on this and you keep avoiding valid reply. You know why you avoid? Two reasons. There is not a valid reply because I'm correct and you're wrong. And you're stupid. Dumb. A mental midget. Intellectually speaking, I'd have to get kicked in the head by an angry mule, repeatedly, for us to be on a level playing field.
^^^Here's the real answer, they get unreasonable when challenged to think through the issue and prefer to think of themselves as intelligent, intellectual, enlightened and witty. That way, they can consider their opponents, "wrong[,] stupid[,] Dumb[,] mental midget[ and anti-intellectual[]".

In fact, sheesh has little to offer other than more than defamation, ad hom. and insults. I oppose same sex marriage because I like reason.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181114 Feb 24, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
You can keep pushing your hater agenda ...bla bla bla hateful ranting...bla bla bla...
I'd say you are the hater. Advocating marriage rights for yourself, but not for groups you hate. Or simply don't approve of.

Perhaps your anger at me stems from within yourself.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#181115 Feb 24, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Religious and racial differences are small and unimportant while gender differences are great and mean the continuation of the human race. If Quest wants to stand for gender segregated marriage, that's her problem.
Same sex marriage means more wasteful government spending on entitlements for a new class of same sex dependent beneficiaries and the higher taxes to pay for that and litigation.
<quoted text>
50% ad homoan attack, 50% self aggrandizing defense of an idiotic assertion while totally ignoring the key distinction equals 100% BS.
First the part you ignored; Religion and race do not procreate. Men and women do. That fact ALONE sets gender in a league alone. Duh.
Second, religion is a choice. Race and gender are not. Religion is a choice, race and gender are not. Another huge distinction.
Race is a merely a difference in skin color. You assert that overrides gender differences by lying, minimizing and ignoring distinctions that affect virtually every aspect of males and females.
Do you know why you make these idiotic characterless troll attacks?
Because you are in denial, and full of hate and bigotry. Oh, you are smart enough to know you have no logical, valid reply, but you hope your troll attack will intimidate. Silly stupid.
One more thing. You weren't kicked repeatedly in the head by a mule, a near senile old man just kicked the bully on the playground repeatedly in the head. Do you know what that means? If an old senile man can school you, there is absolutely no chance you will EVER match the reasoning of Brian G. If you have one ounce of character, you will beg his forgiveness!
Bazinga!
Good point, sheesh completely avoids the issue that male/female differences have often outweighed racial and religious differences to the point many societies have found inter-religious and interracial marriage commonplace. And I don't think you are too harsh on sheesh, he deserves condemnation for bullying. Some arguments are unacceptable.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#181116 Feb 24, 2013
Thanks for the yawn fest, K-Mart.
^^^Just more insults.

Just in case you hadn't noticed I have, on numerous occasions, tried to engage Brian_G in discussion to expand upon his bumpet sticker slogans. No response of any substance has been made, just more bumper stickers.
Sheesh doesn't like my replies, doesn't think they are engaging. Labels my arguments, "bumper stickers". There's no accounting for taste.

On top of this we get your two cents worth, which has depreciated to minimal fractional value.
^^^More insults.

He was speaking of differences, religious differences are magnificant. Not small and unimportant.
^^^I think he means magnificent, impressive to the mind or spirit. All religious holy texts define marriage as male/female, holy texts are in 100% agreement that marriage is man and woman.

Some religious differences are striking as the fashion goes, but deep down we are joined by faith and belief.

Only an idiot like Brian, and apparently you, would think this to be true.
^^^More insults, this time "idiot", based on disagreement.

If you disagree, that's OK; I find many of sheesh's posts disagreeable.

Religion may appear to be a choice, but if you start digging you'll find for many that it really isn't, they've got no choice in the matter as they're drawn to it without thought or reason, just handed down to them generation after generation, hence the strong feelings that lead to such differences.
Many people choose their own religion, convert or become atheists, there are ancient depictions of these commonplace events. No man has gestated a child and no women has fertilized an egg; those differences are great and important, not random scripture.

That isn't to say some won't jump ship, making a "choice." One of my brothers married a Pentecostal woman.
^^^Point conceded, gender differences are important, his brother didn't convert for a Pentecostal man.

Now he's Pentecostal and speaks in tongues. I suppose he really didn't have a choice though, just got picked up and carried on into it.
^^^Stereotypical, anti-religious insults. I don't like making fun of other religions but you have the right to prove who you are.

If you had one ounce of character you'd slink quietly into the ether never to be heard from again. I do not think this will come to pass.
^^^Bullying insults; when people tell you what to do it comes from a fascist streak.

Don't ignore it, call them on insulting; telling people to get off these threads is bullying.

Location hidden

#181117 Feb 24, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^Just more insults.
<quoted text>Sheesh doesn't like my replies, doesn't think they are engaging. Labels my arguments, "bumper stickers". There's no accounting for taste.
<quoted text>^^^More insults.
<quoted text>^^^I think he means magnificent, impressive to the mind or spirit. All religious holy texts define marriage as male/female, holy texts are in 100% agreement that marriage is man and woman.
Some religious differences are striking as the fashion goes, but deep down we are joined by faith and belief.
<quoted text>^^^More insults, this time "idiot", based on disagreement.
If you disagree, that's OK; I find many of sheesh's posts disagreeable.
<quoted text>Many people choose their own religion, convert or become atheists, there are ancient depictions of these commonplace events. No man has gestated a child and no women has fertilized an egg; those differences are great and important, not random scripture.
<quoted text>^^^Point conceded, gender differences are important, his brother didn't convert for a Pentecostal man.
<quoted text>^^^Stereotypical, anti-religious insults. I don't like making fun of other religions but you have the right to prove who you are.
<quoted text>^^^Bullying insults; when people tell you what to do it comes from a fascist streak.
Don't ignore it, call them on insulting; telling people to get off these threads is bullying.
I attempted numerous times to engage you in conversation. You didn't respond. I asked you to give supporting evidence for your assertions. You failed to respond. The only time you responded you made it clear that your assertions were based on nothing as the "evidence" you gave to show that forced marriages would be epidemic in prisons upon acceptance of same sex marriage showed everything but that. Do you recall? Canada? The rash of forced same sex marriages in prison? Really? There were, IIRC, 3 marriages that involved same sex couples in prisons all across Canada over a period of several years. Hardly the rash of forced prison marriages you were bleating on about.

As a result I see no need to attempt any more civil discussion with you as you're not capable. Keep posting your lame little metaphors though, they're more evidence that you've got nowt to offer.

Location hidden

#181118 Feb 24, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You dumb down twice on the same stupid assertion???
A belief system is not something anyone is born into. At an early age, they choose to accept or deny their parental or cultural norm. And at any point they can change it.
Then you plead ignorance of other points???
Too funny.
How old are you???
Smirk.
Genuine LOL at the notion that people aren't born into religious belief systems. How many little Jewish kids grow up to be Mormons? Yes, at any point they can change it, but more often than not they don't. They stick with the faith of the family/community/region they're born into. Most are EXPECTED to accept their family's faith.

Location hidden

#181119 Feb 24, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^
That, Brian, is all a matter of perspective. Different religions differ greatly on many levels. Tolerance is but one.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#181120 Feb 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Genuine LOL at the notion that people aren't born into religious belief systems. How many little Jewish kids grow up to be Mormons? Yes, at any point they can change it, but more often than not they don't. They stick with the faith of the family/community/region they're born into. Most are EXPECTED to accept their family's faith.
Strike three, you're out!

Belief systems are a choice. You even admitted it; "Yes, at any point they can change it".

You clearly are an idiot by birth.

Smirk.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181121 Feb 24, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a hater, you are.

I support your right to marry whoever you want of whatever gender.

You don't support my right to marry more than one partner of whatever gender.

So climb down off your high horse, hypocrite.
FatAsRepublicans

Covina, CA

#181122 Feb 24, 2013
Fat Sunday is more like it.

Lewis Center, OH

#181123 Feb 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you talking about jackass?
I fully support marriage equality. Do you?
You are really an ignorant piece of work. Let me spell it out for you one final time. I support equal marriage for Gay Americans who what to marry the ONE person they love. Do you get it you stupid jackass?

Lewis Center, OH

#181124 Feb 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say you are the hater. Advocating marriage rights for yourself, but not for groups you hate. Or simply don't approve of.
Perhaps your anger at me stems from within yourself.
You mistake hate with my apathy in the case of others and yourself.

Lewis Center, OH

#181125 Feb 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a hater, you are.
I support your right to marry whoever you want of whatever gender.
You don't support my right to marry more than one partner of whatever gender.
So climb down off your high horse, hypocrite.
Did you even comprehend my post? So f-ing what? I’m a hypocrite and you’re an ignorant jackass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 hr L Morales 71,257
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 23 Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1

Freeze Warning for Monterey County was issued at December 27 at 2:57AM PST

Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info