Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,165

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181081 Feb 24, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you say somfin impotent?
Some homosexual activists also see the link between same-sex marriage and polygamy. Justin Michael, founder of the group "Polyamorous NYC," says that efforts by homosexual activists to deny the link with polyamory is false and cowardly.

"I'd encourage people to keep an open mind," he asserted, "it wasn't too long ago that gay relationships were completely ostracized. All movements have a tendency to build on the movements that have come before them."

He added: "It's hypocritical for us as gays and lesbians to pretend we're the only people who are treated differently because our relationships are not mainstream. Both communities are concerned with love, and forming lasting relationships, and with our own liberation."
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181082 Feb 24, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee..... am I supposed to be impressed or something? He can say whatever he wants. Neither Justin, nor Polyamorous NYC means anything to me.
I am much more impressed by what he says than by what a hypocrite like you says.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181083 Feb 24, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
Dang Frankie, did you enjoy getting yer azz beat by Godsmacked?? It was a beautiful thing. Watch out boy she will chew you up.
Danth's Law by proxy.

You're declaring victory for someone else! Priceless.
Tea Party Patron

Sonoma, CA

#181084 Feb 24, 2013
Join us and start thinkin straight. We can get things back the way they was by doing the what we are told is the right thing and arming everybody right now and stopping all but total immersion baptisms. God loved all cept for farm animals which is gonna be popped and plucked for freezing.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#181085 Feb 24, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you say somfin impotent?
Did you say something, sugar ?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181086 Feb 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181087 Feb 24, 2013
RuPauls Witnesses

Auburn, CA

#181088 Feb 24, 2013
I want to start a sect of RuPaul's Witnesses that goes door-to-door, promoting my own twisted sense of morality. I want to bother people in their homes, shoving graphic literature into their hands, threatening them if they don't conform to my way of thinking because the object of my worship is going to cast them into hellfire until their flesh is seared from their bones and their teeth shatter. More than that, I want to judge them harshly when they send me away, and then stand on my soap box and claim that I've just been victimized because someone pointed out a flaw in my beliefs and is now shaming my set of morals. I want that person to be excommunicated from town, other citizens to vandalize the property of my enemies, I want police officers to start ignoring their reports and making backhanded threats because we're a wholesome gay town and anyone who's different better move out of town before they're relocated to the hospital or mortuary.
I also want the government to give me money to do so, and not pay rent for my apartment because I welcome others to join me while I watch Mean Girls. I want to run a business under the guise of a charity that turns straight people away at the door while still receiving the benefit of their tax money.
Most of all, I want to have a single-digit basic television station that broadcasts across the country as the default channel for factory settings, that invites a bunch of like-minded individuals to take up air time dehumanizing anyone still attempting to live a heterosexual lifestyle, and spinning absurd stories to demonize even the most innocent things.
RuPauls Witnesses

Auburn, CA

#181089 Feb 24, 2013
When we show controversial heterosexuals, I want to be able to Photoshop their teeth yellow and enlarge their noses and ears, and redden their eyes, without it being libel. I want to invent a new swear word (or convert a currently acceptable word) that sounds harsh, and I want people across the country to sneer it so that anyone it could possibly describe feels a stabbing in their chest. "Well, the breeding media today is trying to get your children to have sex with animals, just because their parts interconnect and it's 'fun'. Earlier, a well-known breeder was quoted as saying 'I loved my dog when I was a child, I think every family should have a pet'. Now, aside from the breeders trying to impose their personal definition of a family on honest, hard-working, tax-paying Americans, now they're trying to turn us into animal rapists and zoophiliacs. It's bad enough that they're trying to normalize the act of having children - which as you all know is a dangerous, expensive, and long process involving surgery and health complications on otherwise healthy Americans. And thanks to immigrants, "
And I want half the country to cheer for me when I do it.
If you think pride parades are more in-your-face and preachy than missionaries, churches, or Faux News, well, I don't know what to tell you. Except that the number of Christians assaulted or bullied into suicide by homosexuals specifically because of their faith is far different than the inverse. The number of times we've been allowed to vote on their civil liberties, or legally (and without repercussion) expel them from their homes or jobs due to their faith is approximately zero.
But that's the thing about civil injustices. When they shift, it's not a pendulum. This won't arc around and place homosexuals as a ruling caste of media and politics. We'll never have our day in the sun. We won't be allowed to shackle them and beat them through the streets while their friends and neighbors spit on them.
We'll just eventually enjoy similar rights, and try not to resent them for the hell they've put us through. We'll try our hardest not to hold every one like them personally responsible for whatever plight we've survived. We'll be the bigger man, and be honorable, and decent. And it will have cost us our troubled youth who couldn't make it to the other side. Our homes, our jobs, our parents and their love.
Every fucking day is straight pride. Every day is Christian pride. And in the meantime, every night in Uganda is hell. Every day in the high school locker room is a powder keg. Every second is a silent prayer that our parents don't find out, that our friends will still love us, that our employers don't exercise their ability to ruin our careers and our landlords don't throw us out in the streets in twenty-nine states.
While the government still believes our blood is poison, and our souls are damned, while our currency reminds us that we trust in one who wishes us hellfire, while our brothers are executed because one book has made it around the world and tried to turn every eager man, woman, and child against us, I will never quit.
They tell us to get over it, but they won't stop putting it in our way. They tell us that we're just as bad as they are. Just as preachy or full of ourselves. Every time we speak out against their cruelty, it's shaming them. Every time we dodge their stones, we're oppressing them. Every time we remind them of our humanity, we're asking for special treatment.

Fuck them, and fuck you for falling for their shit.
RuPauls Witnesses

Auburn, CA

#181090 Feb 24, 2013
Amen
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181094 Feb 24, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly why you are considered to be a wretched excuse for a person. Because you dismiss any who disagree with you. Denial of the facts. Go play with some more mascara and leave the discussions to the adults.
Denial of what facts? That some dude name Justin belongs to an organization called Polyamorous NYC? I guess you think he's the second coming of Jesus Christ, eh? Who cares what Justin thinks? He's entitled to his opinion. If Justin is such a genius, why isn't polygamy legal in New York?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181095 Feb 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am much more impressed by what he says than by what a hypocrite like you says.
I bet you're easily impressed by shiny things, too.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181096 Feb 24, 2013
RuPauls Witnesses wrote:
When we show controversial heterosexuals, I want to be able to Photoshop their teeth yellow and enlarge their noses and ears, and redden their eyes, without it being libel. I want to invent a new swear word (or convert a currently acceptable word) that sounds harsh, and I want people across the country to sneer it so that anyone it could possibly describe feels a stabbing in their chest. "Well, the breeding media today is trying to get your children to have sex with animals, just because their parts interconnect and it's 'fun'. Earlier, a well-known breeder was quoted as saying 'I loved my dog when I was a child, I think every family should have a pet'. Now, aside from the breeders trying to impose their personal definition of a family on honest, hard-working, tax-paying Americans, now they're trying to turn us into animal rapists and zoophiliacs. It's bad enough that they're trying to normalize the act of having children - which as you all know is a dangerous, expensive, and long process involving surgery and health complications on otherwise healthy Americans. And thanks to immigrants, "
And I want half the country to cheer for me when I do it.
If you think pride parades are more in-your-face and preachy than missionaries, churches, or Faux News, well, I don't know what to tell you. Except that the number of Christians assaulted or bullied into suicide by homosexuals specifically because of their faith is far different than the inverse. The number of times we've been allowed to vote on their civil liberties, or legally (and without repercussion) expel them from their homes or jobs due to their faith is approximately zero.
But that's the thing about civil injustices. When they shift, it's not a pendulum. This won't arc around and place homosexuals as a ruling caste of media and politics. We'll never have our day in the sun. We won't be allowed to shackle them and beat them through the streets while their friends and neighbors spit on them.
We'll just eventually enjoy similar rights, and try not to resent them for the hell they've put us through. We'll try our hardest not to hold every one like them personally responsible for whatever plight we've survived. We'll be the bigger man, and be honorable, and decent. And it will have cost us our troubled youth who couldn't make it to the other side. Our homes, our jobs, our parents and their love.
Every fucking day is straight pride. Every day is Christian pride. And in the meantime, every night in Uganda is hell. Every day in the high school locker room is a powder keg. Every second is a silent prayer that our parents don't find out, that our friends will still love us, that our employers don't exercise their ability to ruin our careers and our landlords don't throw us out in the streets in twenty-nine states.
While the government still believes our blood is poison, and our souls are damned, while our currency reminds us that we trust in one who wishes us hellfire, while our brothers are executed because one book has made it around the world and tried to turn every eager man, woman, and child against us, I will never quit.
They tell us to get over it, but they won't stop putting it in our way. They tell us that we're just as bad as they are. Just as preachy or full of ourselves. Every time we speak out against their cruelty, it's shaming them. Every time we dodge their stones, we're oppressing them. Every time we remind them of our humanity, we're asking for special treatment.
Fuck them, and fuck you for falling for their shit.
Amen!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181097 Feb 24, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Denial of what facts? That some dude name Justin belongs to an organization called Polyamorous NYC? I guess you think he's the second coming of Jesus Christ, eh? Who cares what Justin thinks? He's entitled to his opinion. If Justin is such a genius, why isn't polygamy legal in New York?
Where did Mr. Hudson say that he was a genius? Where did he say he was the second coming of Christ?"
AfganPigs

Covina, CA

#181098 Feb 24, 2013
Looks like the crooked Afgan scum running the country is about to committ scucide.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181099 Feb 24, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you're easily impressed by shiny things, too.
Ad hominem stupidity.
AfganPigs

Covina, CA

#181100 Feb 24, 2013
Did I mention these so called elected officials in Afgan, are nothing but cheap back alley scum sucking drug dealing muslim crooks.

Afghanistan's President Hamid Karzai has ordered that all U.S. special forces must leave Wardak province.

I give Karzai a few days before one of beloved Muslim Brothers puts a bullet between is beadie eyes They also are the best liars in the land.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#181102 Feb 24, 2013
sheesh void of brains wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the yawn fest, K-Mart. Just in case you hadn't noticed I have, on numerous occasions, tried to engage Brian_G in discussion to expand upon his bumpet sticker slogans. No response of any substance has been made, just more bumper stickers. On top of this we get your two cents worth, which has depreciated to minimal fractional value. He was speaking of differences, religious differences are magnificant. Not small and unimportant. Only an idiot like Brian, and apparently you, would think this to be true. Religion may appear to be a choice, but if you start digging you'll find for many that it really isn't, they've got no choice in the matter as they're drawn to it without thought or reason, just handed down to them generation after generation, hence the strong feelings that lead to such differences. That isn't to say some won't jump ship, making a "choice." One of my brothers married a Pentecostal woman. Now he's Pentecostal and speaks in tongues. I suppose he really didn't have a choice though, just got picked up and carried on into it. If you had one ounce of character you'd slink quietly into the ether never to be heard from again. I do not think this will come to pass.
You once again mistake your breath being knocked out for a yawn...

I have yet to see any response of significance from you. This one being no different.

Instead you simply dumb down on a idiotic assertion with more ad homoan troll gay twirling.

Seriously, religion is not a choice? Silly stupid.

And still, not even an attempt to address the other points...

Go back to your video games son, you are clearly out of your league.

Bazinga!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181103 Feb 24, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Denial of what facts? That some dude name Justin belongs to an organization called Polyamorous NYC? I guess you think he's the second coming of Jesus Christ, eh? Who cares what Justin thinks? He's entitled to his opinion. If Justin is such a genius, why isn't polygamy legal in New York?
He is a homosexual activist who is not a hypocrite like you are.

He says homosexuals who don't give poly respect are hypocrites and cowards.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#181104 Feb 24, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
If all you can do is guess, and that incorrectly, then perhaps you should not post, at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 57 min JOEL 71,012
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 12 Alex Montgomery 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web