Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
157,921 - 157,940 of 200,602 Comments Last updated 17 hrs ago
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you are a loss for a cogent argument and all you do is post dopey ad hominem against me and others.
What's cogent about being off topic, dumbass?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
>>>FART!<<<
How mature. I bet you still watch cartoons and read comic books.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to do a little thinking here dummy, but it will be worth it. If Prop 8 stood as law of the land it will be even harder to make poly legal. The federal law would be gone but prop 8 would still be saying "a man and a woman!"
Not only will polyamorists have to strike down the federal law, but Prop 8 as well. But that won't happen, you're doing a fine job of getting rid of it for them! Even if that is not your intention, I'm sure they appreciate it. By the way most polyamorists support same sex marriage, why do you alienate them? Let me answer. Because you're an ignorant hypocrite!
Do you understand now, Miss Thing?
Marriage. There is no one right way.
Oh, I understand that you THINK you know what you're talking about, but you don't. Prop 8 did not affect polygamy in any way. It was already illegal. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? PROP 8 DIDN'T MAKE POLYGAMY DOUBLE ILLEGAL.

I don't give a flying fuck what polygamists support. It is a total non-issue, except in your damaged brain.... you're like a stuck vinyl record... time to make the move to mp3.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Will you be gentle?
No.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text> just shot beer out my nose!
Sure it was beer?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>That's bad when your own had says no
What??
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I understand that you THINK you know what you're talking about, but you don't. Prop 8 did not affect polygamy in any way. It was already illegal. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? PROP 8 DIDN'T MAKE POLYGAMY DOUBLE ILLEGAL.
I don't give a flying fuck what polygamists support. It is a total non-issue, except in your damaged brain.... you're like a stuck vinyl record... time to make the move to mp3.
Some homosexual activists also see the link between same-sex marriage and polygamy. Justin Michael, founder of the group "Polyamorous NYC," says that efforts by homosexual activists to deny the link with polyamory is false and cowardly.

"I'd encourage people to keep an open mind," he asserted, "it wasn't too long ago that gay relationships were completely ostracized. All movements have a tendency to build on the movements that have come before them."

He added: "It's hypocritical for us as gays and lesbians to pretend we're the only people who are treated differently because our relationships are not mainstream. Both communities are concerned with love, and forming lasting relationships, and with our own liberation."

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to have 3, and you also claimed to lie to friends in order to obtain them.
Why are you so boastful about this?
Inner lesbian remembers things.
Defunct vaginas don't have good memories. Neither does a girl pretending to be one...

I have one letter with signatures by three psychologists.

And yes, I lied and fooled all three.

Smirk.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Some homosexual activists also see the link between same-sex marriage and polygamy. Justin Michael, founder of the group "Polyamorous NYC," says that efforts by homosexual activists to deny the link with polyamory is FALSE and COWARDLY.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
All movements have a tendency to build on the movements that have come before them.
FrankOs

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

FBI agents caught sexting and dating drug dealers
Dating drug dealers, harassing ex-boyfriends with naked pictures, and pointing guns at pet dogs: these were just a few of the offences committed recently by serving FBI agents, according to internal documents.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
How mature. I bet you still watch cartoons and read comic books.
Yes, I have a sense of humor.

You "yawn" at posts you cannot rebut. You're not really yawning. You just get so silly-mad! So I fart at your yawn. Easy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Reported! Angry hissy-fit brings out obscene language!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
This is the type of line of thinking that happens when someone finally gives up. They KNOW there is no rational argument against same sex marriage, and admit it, but they just can't stop posting.
It's sad, really. But kind of funny, too. They are proposing that the government interfere with marriage choices to an unprecedented and unsustainable level.
They are demanding "diversity" inside of each marriage, so they must also require different religions and races to be present inside each marriage. It's not just gender that receives government protection against segregation and discrimination.
Can you imagine the tax dollars and levels of governmental interference in personal lives required to implement their ideas?
Religious and racial differences are small and unimportant while gender differences are great and mean the continuation of the human race. If Quest wants to stand for gender segregated marriage, that's her problem.

Same sex marriage means more wasteful government spending on entitlements for a new class of same sex dependent beneficiaries and the higher taxes to pay for that and litigation.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of many states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.

If heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Defunct vaginas don't have good memories. Neither does a girl pretending to be one...
I have one letter with signatures by three psychologists.
And yes, I lied and fooled all three.
Smirk.
If you can fool a good psychiatrist into thinking you're not crazy, you're not crazy! And you ain't fooling him.

Rose_NoHo or Neil Andblowme could not fool a psychiatrist or anyone else into thinking they're not crazy. Because they're crazy.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can fool a good psychiatrist into thinking you're not crazy, you're not crazy! And you ain't fooling him.
Rose_NoHo or Neil Andblowme could not fool a psychiatrist or anyone else into thinking they're not crazy. Because they're crazy.
I have worked professionally dealing with denial and was constantly being told I was crazy. So I went to my psychologist friends and asked them to validate my sanity.

It was hilarious to have someone claim I was crazy and pull out a letter signed by three psychologists. Then I'd ask if they had a letter... Then I asked if their family and friends would say they were crazy...

Everyone on here is afraid to even ask their family and friends.

Smile.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Some homosexual activists also see the link between same-sex marriage and polygamy. Justin Michael, founder of the group "Polyamorous NYC," says that efforts by homosexual activists to deny the link with polyamory is false and cowardly.
"I'd encourage people to keep an open mind," he asserted, "it wasn't too long ago that gay relationships were completely ostracized. All movements have a tendency to build on the movements that have come before them."
He added: "It's hypocritical for us as gays and lesbians to pretend we're the only people who are treated differently because our relationships are not mainstream. Both communities are concerned with love, and forming lasting relationships, and with our own liberation."
Who?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Some homosexual activists also see the link between same-sex marriage and polygamy. Justin Michael, founder of the group "Polyamorous NYC," says that efforts by homosexual activists to deny the link with polyamory is FALSE and COWARDLY.
Who?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
All movements have a tendency to build on the movements that have come before them.
You just proved my point.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info