Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,891)

Showing posts 157,801 - 157,820 of200,319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
I am curious... when are we expecting the Supremesí to rule on Prop 8 ... was it June?
Why would Diana Ross rule on that?:)
GOP idiots

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Whats even more shameful is the facts this lousy piece of DUNG and his party of idiots will be shutting down the government and the VA because they are just plain stupid.

They have and are ruining this country.

U.S. House Speaker John Boehner (BAY'-nur) is a pathtic piece of DUNG and he can't learn to shut his stinking mouth.

Boehner also says the compensation claims backlog remains alarmingly high nationally and in Ohio. He says system failures reported by Ohio veterans are shameful, like his filthy mouth shameful.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL :D
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted that as a joke of course, but it got me thinking ( never a good thing ) about titles and how we address people, you know our founders disagreed on how the president should be addressed.

"The 1787 Constitution of the United States did not specify the manner of address for the chief executive. When George Washington was sworn in as the first President of the United States in 1789, he initially used the style, "His High Mightiness, the President of the United States and Protector of their Liberties," a title elaborated by the Joint Congressional Committee on titles over the course of a month. Critics charged that it smacked of monarchy. Washington consented to the demands of James Madison and the United States House of Representatives that the title be altered to "Mr. President." The first Vice President of the United States and the second President, John Adams, felt the title showed too little deference and lacked prestige, but he was unsuccessful in replacing it."

Off topic... but interesting anyway

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, when did I claim- IKYABWAI was a word?
Stupid, you said,
"I suggest you grab a REAL dictionary and look up the big words you don't understand." This implies you thought "IKYABWAI" was a (big) word.
LOL! You can't twist your way out of this! Damn, you are dumb!

And again, dummy, the Urban Dictionary is a fine resource for finding the meanings of acronyms used on the internet.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
whatever
Lil started it.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
She is the boss.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to understand 'context'. I was speaking of the PRIMARY EXPRESSION of intimacy as designed by nature. For heteros' it is intercourse. They have the default option of anal sex. It is rarely exercised by hetero's. Gays have only the default option. Inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Smirk.
You don't seem to know what "default" means, stupid. And gay people have other options. And, stupid, anal sex isn't inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
How would "consummation" be defined as in the "marriage was consummated"?
Who cares?
IF it really were an issue, the definition could just be that the couple engages in a sexual act.
What is your point?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>I dishonestly change people's people's posts because I am a dumbass who cannot argue intelligently.
You bet!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
donít know, I think you may be right.
The big question will be, not which way they rule, that is fairly obvious ( at least to me ), but how broad the ruling will be, affecting only California, or affecting all states.
I personally expect the narrower ruling, but still hold hope for the wider ruling
I
One half-assed post related to prop 8. All others, ad hominem insults about me. And you whine I don't allow discussion of the topic with my posts about TRUE MARRIAGE EQUALITY.

Perhaps I am not really the problem you make me out to be? Perhaps the real reason you try to censor me is because I bring out your ignorant hypocrisy regarding polyamory? And it makes you uncomfortable? It should bigot.

Child molesters and welfare cheats. Did you know that was the most common reason given back when homosexuals were ostracized and actually illegal? Ignorant people like you thought they were mostly pedophiles and child molesters. They even told us that in public school. They sadi they were mentally ill and to run from them. Is that what you tell your grand kids about polygamy? It's what you told me about polygamy.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
We will be discussing the overturn of Prop 8 instead :)
No you will be posting ad hominem agaist me jackass! You should have told the truth.

What a jerk!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Well..... he's not smart enough to lie. I think he's just crazy and uneducated.
Don't try to think. Ms. Dopey Ad Hominem.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the lying part is his saying he is in favor of same sex marriage, and then attacks anyone else that is in favor of it and desperately trying to change the subject to poly, which later he says he doesnít actually care about, but only how he can use that topic to attack anyone in favor of same sex marriage.
He twists and turns so often I donít think he knows what he is for or against.
Please prove your false allegations and lies. Especially the one where I said I don't care actually about polygamy, Liar Big D.

Please show me a twist or turn. In other words I call bullsh!t, Liar Big D.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
One half-assed post related to prop 8. All others, ad hominem insults about me. And you whine I don't allow discussion of the topic with my posts about TRUE MARRIAGE EQUALITY.
Perhaps I am not really the problem you make me out to be? Perhaps the real reason you try to censor me is because I bring out your ignorant hypocrisy regarding polyamory? And it makes you uncomfortable? It should bigot.
Child molesters and welfare cheats. Did you know that was the most common reason given back when homosexuals were ostracized and actually illegal? Ignorant people like you thought they were mostly pedophiles and child molesters. They even told us that in public school. They sadi they were mentally ill and to run from them. Is that what you tell your grand kids about polygamy? It's what you told me about polygamy.
Iím not trying to censor you, Iím just laughing at your desperate and continuously failed attempts at the same tactic over and over and over.

Hope your therapy went well, maybe you should seek the other kind, I know he was kidding but seriously, trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results is an indication of something.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No you will be posting ad hominem agaist me jackass! You should have told the truth.
What a jerk!
I know I should probably not make fun of the mentally impaired.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly. Brain damage.
Ad hominem. It's all you've got. You are even more hateful and ignorant regarding poly than that lying bigot "Big D".

"What about the children???!!" Don't lie and say you didn't post that, Miss Thing.

What an ignorant bigoted rant that was, wish I saved the post #. A real classic Would make an old time KKK member proud. You can attempt to deny it but you and I both know it's true and that's all that matters.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, you said,
"I suggest you grab a REAL dictionary and look up the big words you don't understand." This implies you thought "IKYABWAI" was a (big) word.
LOL! You can't twist your way out of this! Damn, you are dumb!
And again, dummy, the Urban Dictionary is a fine resource for finding the meanings of acronyms used on the internet.
Oh for chrissakes, why doesn't Big D complain about your childish crap?

Why is TRUE MARRIAGE EQUALITY off topic and your dumb teenage AOL acronyms are not?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I should probably not make fun of the mentally impaired.
Ad hominem.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím not trying to censor you, Iím just laughing at your desperate and continuously failed attempts at the same tactic over and over and over.
Hope your therapy went well, maybe you should seek the other kind, I know he was kidding but seriously, trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results is an indication of something.
haha insane disabled combat vet needs psychotherapy too to think more correctly. so funny.

My therapy went as well as it could. I am religious about it, With it I can almost walk across the room.

When your done with the hateful ad hominem about a disabled combat veteran (ha ha so funny!) get back to Prop 8, so far it's been 6 to 1. Ad hominem to substance.

I'm waiting for that Bigot Dope power post! The one where you change someone's mind! And they embrace same sex marriage (But careful not poly marriage! don't take it too far!).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 157,801 - 157,820 of200,319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••