Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
157,721 - 157,740 of 200,588 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#180768 Feb 21, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't about freedom and equality, as SSC's aren't equal to heterosexual couples. Period.
Wiccan my backside. Why do you lie and claim to be Wiccan?
That aside, gay couples aren't equal in your eyes because you are a homophobe.
You aren't equal to an intelligent person. You aren't equal to a good looking person. Put the Constitution grants all citizens equal protection under the law, that's the only issue here.
Really, you should read about anatomy and the genuine purposes of marriage.
Marriage is a legal contract. The couple getting married decide the purpose of their marriage.
It isn't about letting any old pairing get government benefits, it never was before, and shouldn't be now, either.
Why do you think that the freedom of speech is a "Seig Heil" ? Aren't you actually suppressing the rights of your fellow Americans with that old bullshit of yours ? Of course you are. Enacting a Nazi policy on your own.
Godwin's Law.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#180769 Feb 21, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Right us Libertarians are not homophobes. We just hate traitors to the USA and people who attack the Constitution.....LIKE YOU.
Listen, Junior, he hasn't attacked the Constitution, you have.

North Hollywood, CA

#180770 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
You don't seriously believe that we are unable to decipher your 4th grade nonsense, do you ?
akpilot said he didn't know what it meant. Are you calling him a liar?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#180771 Feb 21, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Did not say check out...said noticed...Guess you never were in gym or military...KIND OF HARD NOT TO NOTICE. But homeschooled or to wimpy for gym class dorks like you never were in situation....sooooooo
So, "noticed" is newspeak for "checked out other men in the showers without letting them know that they were being ogled" ? We call that gay behavior, and it is why gays are unpopular in the military, as you probably are not aware of this. And it isn't "KIND OF HARD NOT TO NOTICE", you just have to not look at the other mens genitals, but that's not how you roll, is it ?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#180772 Feb 21, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
You never served I would bet on that. That said I REALLY did serve in combat in first Gulf war. I am missing half of my left foot and have rebuilt left knee.
If you dont stand for freedom equality and justice for ALL ALL......Then you are attacking the Constitution.....GOT IT?
You're a liar. "Theft Of Valor" is a federal crime.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#180773 Feb 21, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigotry is a nazi trait.....Do you support same sex marriage being legal??? if yes then I am sorry...if no then your a nazi pig....GOT IT NOW PUNK??
You're the shower room punk. Lying sack of shit.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#180774 Feb 21, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I will say sorry if you answer with a yes or no this question..
DO YOU SUPPORT SAME SEX MARRIAGE BEING LEGAL?
please be an adult. If you served in Nam you must be odler so should be able to answer like an adult and with yes or no.......ok?
I'd answer you with the back of my hand, across your mouth.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#180775 Feb 21, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm Ok I am sorry for attacking you then. Oh and I am ok with polygamy also. heck I dont care is a brother and sister want to marry...NOT MY BUSINESS.
And now Lil Abner show no ability to discern the difference between incest and polygamy. Priceless.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#180776 Feb 21, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't know what it meant.
Why else would you have said anything about Urban Dictionary? LOL!
Must suck to be you.
Perhaps if you used proper English one wouldn't have to decipher your childish posts?

North Hollywood, CA

#180777 Feb 21, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps if you used proper English one wouldn't have to decipher your childish posts?
I know you are dumb and ignorant, but I figured if you didn't understand what an acronym meant, you'd know how to look it up.

Location hidden

#180778 Feb 21, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

You con dumbs like to confuse issues..
Doesn't take much to confuse you.

Location hidden

#180779 Feb 21, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
akpilot said he didn't know what it meant. Are you calling him a liar?
Nope, we are calling YOU a liar, as I never said I didn't know what it meant. I said you where INCOHERENT, and you are.

Location hidden

#180780 Feb 21, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you are dumb and ignorant, but I figured if you didn't understand what an acronym meant, you'd know how to look it up.
Like I said, try speaking in proper English, it will make your case of higher education more believable.

Location hidden

#180782 Feb 21, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Rose, I never said I "didn't understand", I said you were incoherent. I suggest you grab a REAL dictionary and look up the big words you don't understand.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180783 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
You're a liar. "Theft Of Valor" is a federal crime.
Unfortunately the stolen valor act was declared unconstitutional.

I guess I reluctantly agree it is a violation of freedom of speech, but still anyone who lies about valor is the lowest of the low, stealing it from heroic men and women who have earned it the hard way. Whether for monetary or career gain, or just barroom bullsh!t it's honorless and despicable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v....

North Hollywood, CA

#180784 Feb 21, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, we are calling YOU a liar, as I never said I didn't know what it meant. I said you where INCOHERENT, and you are.
You can't twist your way out of this, dummy. If you knew what I meant, you wouldn't have said I was incoherent.
LOLSER.
Do you know what that means?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180785 Feb 21, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked it up and found out what it meant. It was stupid and childish, just as I suspected it would be. How old are you?

North Hollywood, CA

#180786 Feb 21, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Rose, I never said I "didn't understand", I said you were incoherent. I suggest you grab a REAL dictionary and look up the big words you don't understand.
Again, stupid, if you understood what I meant, you wouldn't have said I was incoherent.
And dummy, the Urban Dictionary is a fine resource for definitions of acronyms used on the internet. IKYABWAI is an acronym, not a word. Wow, you are dumb!

Location hidden

#180787 Feb 21, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't twist your way out of this, dummy. If you knew what I meant, you wouldn't have said I was incoherent.
LOLSER.
Do you know what that means?
The only one who consistently has to twist themselves out of things they post is you Rose.

Again Rose, if you are using the Urban Dictionary as a reference you aren't that bright.

But I have faith in you, that GED is as good as yours.

North Hollywood, CA

#180788 Feb 21, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing improper about using acronyms. You're just so stupid, you thought IKYABWAI is a word. It must have been hysterical, you trying to pronounce it! You probably thought it was Japanese.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr lazy posts 15,963
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 68,992
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Fri Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Thu JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Thu Money 1
My fears for Doris Day: Confidante who spent 40... (Oct '13) Thu marti eton square 4
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info