Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
157,261 - 157,280 of 200,357 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You can ( and do )post all day long, but it wonít do your pet obsession any good at all, you certainly are not changing anyoneís opinion.
The only thing that will do it any good is for you to get the signatures needed for a proposition and put it on a ballot, that will elicit a response from the general public.
And then you can work from there, right not you are not at step one yet, you are just using it as a way to attack those that are for same sex marriage ( which so far has been your only point )
Why do you refuse to discuss equal protection of the law?

Do I tell you you cannot support equal protection for same sex without gathering signatures?

Please educate yourself. Do you agree the government was right in denying these parents equal protection of the law? Why?

Why is it OK to deny them the same equal protection that same sex marriage gets?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree
That's right. There are laws against all the crimes you ignorantly accuse polygamists of, no need to make their marriage a crime. Prosecute criminals to the full extent of the law NO MATTER what type of marriage they are in.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither do I, but he will pretend you do as that is the only way to attack you with it, which is his only point.
I must have missed all his support for equal protection, perhaps you could give me a post number?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>One more time, I do not have a problem with poly. Got it? Hey your thread does exist
Where in that post did I say you did?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither do I, but he will pretend you do as that is the only way to attack you with it, which is his only point.
You "don't have a problem with it", but you say everyone else does because polygamists are child rapists, welfare cheats and all around bad actors!

Priceless!
SeaQuesters

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Just who are the SeaQuesters?

They are a small group of ultra-nutty GOP, Republican
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You "don't have a problem with it", but you say everyone else does because polygamists are child rapists, welfare cheats and all around bad actors!
Priceless!
You arenít bright enough to comprehend the truth of that, but others here are.

Right now the public face of polygamy is indeed child molesters and welfare cheats.

You need to change that

I would vote in favor of polygamy if it came up because I donít see a valid reason to specifically disallow it. But that vote is not pending, and will not be coming up until you change the face of the most public supporters of it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Right now the public face of polygamy is indeed child molesters and welfare cheats.
You need to change that
I would vote in favor of polygamy if it came up because I donít see a valid reason to specifically disallow it. But that vote is not pending, and will not be coming up until you change the face of the most public supporters of it.
Right. Same as it was for same sex marriage. I'm old enough to remember when people said the same ignorant and nasty things you said about poly about homosexuals.

They are known child molesters they used to say. Thankfully that has changed for them and hopefully it will change for poly too once people are educated.

When you keep saying people have a bad perception it is true. We need education to change that which I'm trying to do. But you shout me down. You say equal protection for poly is not to be discussed, only equal protection for same sex is allowed to be discussed.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Same as it was for same sex marriage. I'm old enough to remember when people said the same ignorant and nasty things you said about poly about homosexuals.
They are known child molesters they used to say. Thankfully that has changed for them and hopefully it will change for poly too once people are educated.
When you keep saying people have a bad perception it is true. We need education to change that which I'm trying to do. But you shout me down. You say equal protection for poly is not to be discussed, only equal protection for same sex is allowed to be discussed.
The difference is, those criminals are NOT the face of Same Sex marriage. And they didnít just talk on a topix forum, they went and got the signatures and put them on ballots, and brought court cases to bear in other states and they are gaining ground more swiftly than anyone ( including themselves ) expected.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is, those criminals are NOT the face of Same Sex marriage. And they didnít just talk on a topix forum, they went and got the signatures and put them on ballots, and brought court cases to bear in other states and they are gaining ground more swiftly than anyone ( including themselves ) expected.
There is no difference. Bad people were the face of homosexuality not very long ago, son. They showed us movies in school about staying away from evil homosexuals. Look on YouTube. They showed us their evil tactics to kidnap and molest us. And how to spot a dreaded queer. And to stay away at all costs.
In P.E. they told us to kick him in the balls and run screaming to an adult.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to change that
That's changing. Shows like "Sister Wives", "Big Love", and "My Three Wives" are illustrating a different polygamy, plural marriage among consenting adults.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That's changing. Shows like "Sister Wives", "Big Love", and "My Three Wives" are illustrating a different polygamy, plural marriage among consenting adults.
Wonderfull, now all that need be done is get the laws changed. Cool, huh, why not start a petition on your home town. Great job.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hire a lawyer and go for it
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Somewhat true, go get your signatures and put it on a ballot, or go hire a lawyer and try the other path.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no difference. Bad people were the face of homosexuality not very long ago, son. They showed us movies in school about staying away from evil homosexuals. Look on YouTube. They showed us their evil tactics to kidnap and molest us. And how to spot a dreaded queer. And to stay away at all costs.
In P.E. they told us to kick him in the balls and run screaming to an adult.
what you are saying is that you donít realize there is a difference in the public perception.

I do get that you have no clue about that.

No criminal's have used same sex marrage as an excuse for thier crimes. Poly advocates cant say that.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Wonderfull, now all that need be done is get the laws changed. Cool, huh, why not start a petition on your home town. Great job.
Kody Brown and the Brown family want to thank their gay brothers, and lesbian sisters for their work on behalf of marriage equality for all.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Somewhat true, go get your signatures and put it on a ballot, or go hire a lawyer and try the other path.
Like Johnathan Turley?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Johnathan Turley?
No idea who that is, but you throw enough money at a lawyer and they will take just about anything to court.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Hire a lawyer and go for it
No. I am not interested in a poly marriage.

I am only interested in discussing it in relation to same marriage equality. As I've told you countless times.

If it upsets you so much or you don't understand my points, it's not my problem, Just stop stalking me creep.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••