Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
157,041 - 157,060 of 200,349 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
Frankie RIzzo
Union City, CA
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#294 4 min ago
Straight Sh00ter wrote:
Jade had a job once. He spent 40 hours a week on his knees polishing knobs and marlinspike. This was back when he was Old Boring Gay's cabin boi.
"I heard he always kept the poopdecks swabbed too. "
Spin it Baby, work it. Freakin homophobe
You mean stuff like saying you did my wife up the "azz"?
FRAKLIN MINDTY

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

We just got to down to basics; who is gone to make money out of this here prospect? Why everybody! That is god's law....he says change makes rage and now we got all kinds of super expensive solutions to nickel and dime problems so this thing will make us all rich if we have all the gays marry all them lesbians and sell em all arms and make em buy retirement packages and health insurance and then we can all have new cars and dogs. Join the fear of the month project and JOIN US IN THE TEAPOTTY. TEAPARTY.
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
This from a person amazed when the light in side the fridge turns off and on when the door is closed and reopened.
Lame, but you have nothing else but juvenile insults.
Changes

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

I thought they were told, must not understand nor can they read either.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted tei xt>
Do u expect adult insults with the moniker you've chosen?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Time wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you actually read the "challenges".
Again, opinion is not the same as fact, and smiling in condescension doesn't make it look any better.
I did. It was made by a gay blogger.

I also read the hissy fit articles that preceded the review.

Did you read the peer review?

SMirk smile.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the most juvenile of all trolls. "Neil Andblowme"

Priceless!
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
Frankie RIzzo
Union City, CA
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#294 4 min ago
Straight Sh00ter wrote:
Jade had a job once. He spent 40 hours a week on his knees polishing knobs and marlinspike. This was back when he was Old Boring Gay's cabin boi.
Freakin homophobe
Not my post and you know it you dishonest jerk.
Changes

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Does it have to get to Bell's level before anyone notices.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Changes wrote:
I thought they were told, must not understand nor can they read either.
Who was told?
What were they tol?

Like you, are "they" not able to express clear ideas?
Changes

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

More than your little mind can fathom.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, women weren't assigned to combat units, they've been assigned to support units. There are no women combat infantry troops because they can't pass the training tests.
<quoted text>Many male support troops have died too, that doesn't mean they are qualified for combat.
<quoted text>When you change the standards, to put women in front line combat troops, you change the conditions everyone knew when they volunteered, and create a different standard, they didn't volunteer for.
Putting women in combat troops will cause more death and injuries for all our troops, that's why I oppose gender equality in our armed forces.

Gender equality is ersatz equality, since no man can bear a child and no women can fertilize an ovum.
So what?
Many women can't bear a child, and many men can't fertilize an ovum. Our rights shouldn't depend on our reproduction abilities. Sterile people should be able to vote.

The physical standards for the military should be practical, and they should not be lowered just to allow some people in. I don't know what the current standards are, but I'm sure there are some women who can pass them, and many men who can't. Bet you can't.

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are asserting that all government legislation is sane and legal?
All the states originally disallowed calling gay couples married. Were they ignorant as well?
Or, how about every culture in history?
Even if that's true (Can you name every culture in history?), it doesn't matter. You're just appealing to tradition and popularity. Logical fallacies.
KiMare wrote:
Smile.
Ignorance is bliss.
KiMare wrote:
Clearly you tried to stop and think. You failed, but I appreciate the effort...
You are confusing the action by an element of a culture (a legislative or legal body) with the culture as a whole. That also usually encompasses the whole history of that culture from start to end.
I simply noted that while marriage has been practiced and accepted from start to finish in every single culture in human history. Gay couples being acknowledged as such has yet to have that acceptance in a SINGLE culture in all of human history.
Snicker.
Yep, ignorance is bliss.
Da level

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

The Glendora, California city council was shamed and slammed to the floor during their own "dog and pony" show the put on for the public at least twice a month.

The intelligence level doesn't raise much above the 3rd grade level.

February 12, 2013 at 7:00 P.M..

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwwwww.....that's so sweet Trollette....calling me "stupid"......but enough forplay....exactly. All men are treated the same as are all women.
<quoted text>
But men and women aren't treated the same. That's the issue, dummy.
Pietro Armando wrote:
Sigh.....Rosie....Rosie....Ro- seeeee.....the point is, which you already know, is there's no need to put urinals in the ladies room, or tampon dispensers in the men's room. Just because men and women are equal in the eyes of the law, doesn't mean everything needs to be the same.
Whatever.
That has nothing to do with the issue.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if that's true (Can you name every culture in history?), it doesn't matter. You're just appealing to tradition and popularity. Logical fallacies.
<quoted text>
Ignorance is bliss.
<quoted text>
Yep, ignorance is bliss.
Rosie No Ho Ho Ho Ho.....Merry Christmas.

It's an appeal to biology. Quite logical actually. No matter what acceptance there was, or is, of same sex sexual relations,in various places, it didn't automatically translate into marriage or other recognition of same sex unions.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
Many women can't bear a child, and many men can't fertilize an ovum. Our rights shouldn't depend on our reproduction abilities. Sterile people should be able to vote.
As they can. Gay folks can marry too, just like everybody else. See equal treatment.
The physical standards for the military should be practical, and they should not be lowered just to allow some people in. I don't know what the current standards are, but I'm sure there are some women who can pass them, and many men who can't. Bet you can't.
Nor should the standards for marriage be lowered.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
But men and women aren't treated the same. That's the issue, dummy.
When was your last prostate exam? If you haven't had one, by gosh, by golly, you call your doctor tomorrow, and demand one. Tell'em the President wants you to be treated equally.

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, only when it is related to research related to their own orientation. A clear conflict of interest that has proven to be biased.
Another example would be two lesbian researchers doing research on lesbian family studies. We all know where that led...
Smile.
By your "logic" any research done by straight people related to their own orientation is biased. There is a clear conflict of interest, right?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••