Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
156,761 - 156,780 of 200,564 Comments Last updated 17 hrs ago
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And soon your bigoted opinions against marriage equality will similarly go by the wayside too.
and you come once again to the defense of anyone that is opposed to same sex marriage.

Your showing your colors again.

and your stupidity, if poly marriage came to a vote I would vote in favor of it, which I have told you several times now idiot.

but it probably wont because you have an image problem that needs to be addressed

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess Rose_NoHo's answer-
"Polygamy is not an equal rights issue. It just isn't.
If a polygamist walks into the JP and asks to marry he'll be told what every one else wanting to marry more than one person is told,'no'. See? equal."
One more time for the S-L-O-W guy in the back of the class.

In every state there are laws regarding polygamy. Now it can be rectified by hiring lawyers, doing research and filing a lawsuit in the civil court system. That being said bugger off.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And soon your bigoted opinions against marriage equality will similarly go by the wayside too.
So you are upset because Poly does not bother him?

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and you come once again to the defense of anyone that is opposed to same sex marriage.
and your stupidity, if poly marriage came to a vote I would vote in favor of it, which I have told you several times now idiot.
but it probably wont because you have an image problem that needs to be addressed
He is against same sex marriage, and is using poly marriage as an argument to deflect the topic.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I come to the defense of equality. You should too.

I was saying poly marriage should get the same respect and consideration that same sex marriage does, but you disagree. So who's got an image problem?

I support marriage equality. You do not.

You are bubala! Not me.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>So you are upset because Poly does not bother him?
No I'm not upset, you are! Just pointing out his hypocrisy.

Poly bothers him very much, you don't notice because you are stupid.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text> He is against same sex marriage, and is using poly marriage as an argument to deflect the topic.
No I'm not. I support your right to marry your boyfriend why would I lie dipsh!t?

The thing is I support equal rights, you, not so much.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was saying poly marriage should get the same respect and consideration that same sex marriage does, but you disagree. So who's got an image problem?
You are bubala! Not me.
No you defend people that are opposed to same sex marriage, and attack people that support it.

If you donít understand that poly currently has an image problem than you know less about it than I do, and I admittedly donít know much about it as it is not any kind of interest of mine.

You support anyone that attacks same sex marriage, and attacks anyone supporting it.

That tells us a lot more than any claim you make as to what you are for or against.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text> He is against same sex marriage, and is using poly marriage as an argument to deflect the topic.
Yes, I have been pointing that out for weeks now.

Look at who he attacks and who he defends.

I donít believe a single word he says about what he supports
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
No, you are against same sex marriage and you're just using stupidity to deflect the topic.

If you could read and comprehend, You'd know I truly do support SSM, but you are too stupid to read my supportive posts, you're just a simple minded troll who isn't interested in opinions.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>One more time for the S-L-O-W guy in the back of the class.
In every state there are laws regarding polygamy. Now it can be rectified by hiring lawyers, doing research and filing a lawsuit in the civil court system. That being said bugger off.
Yeah, I made an appointment with SCOTUS, they said they'll call back.

Meanwhile, I thought I'd discuss the issue with someone intelligent, and you definitely ain't it! So shag off jackass!
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>One more time for the S-L-O-W guy in the back of the class.
The old polygamy shouldn't be made legal because it's illegal argument! Heard it. It's stupid. Leave it to a real dope like you to say it again.

And you're wrong dummy. The law against polygamy is a federal law, states cannot make it legal, only the feds. Then the states can decide. Not before.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are bubala! Not me.
It would seem that you suffer from a reading and comprehension problem. The problem it would seem is this. Due to many Polygamy marriages in a few states, its been found that a lot of the families are welfare cheats, in some cases also child molestation occurs. The news reports tend to focus on these families such as Warren Jeffs.
http://www.google.com/url...
That is the public image of polygamy. Now bugger off

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are against same sex marriage and you're just using stupidity to deflect the topic.
If you could read and comprehend, You'd know I truly do support SSM, but you are too stupid to read my supportive posts, you're just a simple minded troll who isn't interested in opinions.
Inncorect, I am interested in opinions, as long as they are not from you. Jackass
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
The part that made me laugh is when he went from Poly to Incest, animals are next on the agenda of course.

Very stereotypical and comical argument train on a pre-defined path
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>It would seem that you suffer from a reading and comprehension problem. The problem it would seem is this. Due to many Polygamy marriages in a few states, its been found that a lot of the families are welfare cheats, in some cases also child molestation occurs. The news reports tend to focus on these families such as Warren Jeffs.
http://www.google.com/url...
That is the public image of polygamy. Now bugger off
Yes, ever since Jeffrey Dahmer, we have found out that there are bad gays. Therefore, we should not allow same sex marriage.

Is that what you are trying to tell us bubala?

Condemning a whole group due to the actions of a few is ignorant bigotry. Leave it to an ignorant bigot (YOU!) to try and use it as an argument against equality.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Inncorect, I am interested in opinions, as long as they are not from you. Jackass
"Inncorect" Wow! You should be arrested for torturing the English language.

Not interested in some opinions. Not very open minded, eh? Of course not.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The part that made me laugh is when he went from Poly to Incest, animals are next on the agenda of course.
Very stereotypical and comical argument train on a pre-defined path
I don't know why you think marriage equality is funny.

Marriage equality includes all marriages. Not just the ones you approve of.

You are attempting censorship due to my posts being too provocative, What does that say about you?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, ever since Jeffrey Dahmer, we have found out that there are bad gays. Therefore, we should not allow same sex marriage.
Is that what you are trying to tell us bubala?
Condemning a whole group due to the actions of a few is ignorant bigotry. Leave it to an ignorant bigot (YOU!) to try and use it as an argument against equality.
But he is not the public image of same sex marriage, never was.

Dahmer was not using same sex marriage as an excuse to commit his crimes.

I get it that you donít understand the difference, but everyone else here does.
Missed

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

When they said a Glendora. California city Attorney was Disbarred, the first name that came to mind was Douglas Boyd?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 min JOEL 68,909
clint 36 min ubietron 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 2 hr Donny B 7,922
Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) 16 hr Plain Simple 16
clint 23 hr ubietron 1
MONTEREY HERALD LOSS monterey bay, monterey cit... Tue roensoledad 2
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Tue matches lighters 15,961

Search the Monterey Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••