Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,837)

Showing posts 156,721 - 156,740 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
But the current definition violates the 14th Amendment.
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia correctly says the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution does not apply to sex discrimination or sexual orientation cases. Activist federal judges, on the other hand, see the 14th Amendment as a blank check to legalize whatever conduct they happen to approve of, such as abortion, homosexuality, & gay marriage. But these activist judges are destroying federalism by bringing about a massive transfer of power from The People and the States to their own black-robed selves.

So, there's that...
Spoils

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

This is a running buddy of Chris Jeffers, Douglas Tessitor, Gene Murabito, Jeff Kugel, Josh Betta and D. Wayne Leech all of Glendora, California - are they going down with Nick Conway too?

Nick Conway has been ordered to stand trial on charges of conflict of interest for work with SGVCOG for 17 years, he has been ordered back to court Feburary 28, 2013.

Spoiler Alert, yipee! Off with some White Collar Heads.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you two trolls flooding the forum with posts about polygamy because you realize there isn't a good argument against gay marriage?
(One of you is clearly flying false colors, pretending to be for gay marriage.0
No, dumb-ass, they are examining the ramifications of this case. Confusing for you, but, there it is. There are, as you well know, many arguments against SSM, but you refuse to acknowledge any. It does not invalidate them, it merely infuriates you to the point of ignorance. As we all know.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
I love it. Anyone who doesn't agree with Rose_NoHo is a troll!
Then, call me "The Mega-Troll", because I think that Chongo is insane.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"Mormon boy"? Are there Italian Mormons?
Haven't you heard of Donny and Marie Osmondelli ? How about Mitt Romneoni ? Can't forget Brigham LoYoungo...LOL
Spoilers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Glendora city council making plan to throw out it's low income seniors in mid 2013.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal rights.
No other argument is needed.
<quoted text>
They have it. They have the same right to marry more than one person everybody else does.
<quoted text>
Stupid troll, equal means "the same". Everybody is treated equally, the same, when it comes to getting married to more than one spouse, so it's not an equal rights issue. Are you really so dumb you don't understand that? But everybody is not treated equally when it comes to getting married to a man (or a woman), so that is an equal rights issue.
Should everybody be able to marry more than one spouse? Well, why not start a forum and talk about it?(Notice, I'm not stating a position on polygamy, it's just a red herring in this forum.)
There's no equality when gays can change prevailing laws and customs, but polygamists cannot. Stupid Chongo...

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ramen!
Noodles?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't make my argument based on sexual orientation, but on gender.
A man can marry a woman, so a woman should have that same right.
A woman can marry a man, so a man should have that same right.
That is entirely incorrect. Because some things are simply wrong. Get it ?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to be able to reproduce in order to marry. Next.
Then why can't I marry my sister?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to be able to reproduce in order to marry. Next.
So Rose

Why do u think marriage developed at all!
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
So Rose
Why do u think marriage developed at all!
This should be good!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, not going to play, because you're talking about related individuals. You're also aware of the "taboo" pertaining to incest and the resultant problems from swimming in too small a pool.
I was talking about two non-related consenting adults.
Game over.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
"Taboo" ? You, of course, refer to the views of the majority, correct ? The same majority that has no rights to dictate what happens behind closed doors, between consenting adults, correct ? Hmmm...Something about this seems wrong... Oh, of course, SSM was "taboo" a few years ago, but that has been changed, due to frenetic lobbying by a minority. So, then, if that can change, why, so can laws against incest...Especially in light of the argument, used by the SSM crowd, that procreation is not a part of the equation for marriage. And, of course, this can be insured by the use of contraceptives. Hey, problem solved. You forgot to include the important parts... Now, it is game over.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of many states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.

If heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Realted adults are not permitted to marry, but you already knew that.
Just like the gays weren't, until recently.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really....you don't seem to complain for your rights when your genitals prevent u from marrying your brother, sister, mother, father, first cousin in some states? They don't matter then. What no genitsl reference in the constitution?
<quoted text>
You're a trollette...sounds like smurfette although she's much better looking. There's not one compelling argument for it. Not one compelling reason why marriage after thousands of years of human societal evolution, cross time and cross culturally, as a male female union, has to be redefined. How the heck in the name of God you say doesn't exist, did our society survive into the 21st century under the quaint notion of marriage as a union of husband and wife ORIENTATED around their sexual physical union, and the products of that union, children named Rosie?
Have men suddenly become pregnant? Women producing sperm? Should women demand urinals in the women's bathrooms to demonstrate equality to men? Men's bathrooms demand feminine pad dispensing vending machines?
Chongo/rose thinks that we are all interchangeable. Chongo/rose has no cognitive abilities. Chongo/rose is insane. Chongo/rose will stick itself into anything that moves.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>But they ARE, Blanche.
You are so predictable. That is a non-issue. You racist.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
We've already seen captured and dead women in combat, haven't we?
Gender doesn't make it any more or any less terrible.
The only difference is the title they held, not the danger they were in.
And again, many women would not qualify under today's standards, and most folks DON'T want them lowered. I doubt there will be many female Navy Seals, for instance. But, for those women out there with the physical mental and emotional to that job - or ANY job - should have the same chance as the men, should they wish to apply.
If they can get get past Coronado, more power to them ...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Have you seen Flunies vote total?? Whoa baby
I don't pay any attention to your silly little vote, but I HAVE seen you embarrass yourself, repeatedly, in this forum.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>I did not say that, you how ever are in favor of welfare cheats and perverts. Nice, bet your votes go through the roof
Umm....Yes. You did. Liar. Cretinous catamite.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 156,721 - 156,740 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Monterey Forum right now

Search the Monterey Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 65,124
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr Foes 15,666
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr Lug Heads 7,300
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 16 hr Drafty 4,559
Jodi Arias' ex-boyfriend was womanizing cheater... (Apr '13) 19 hr hasterd 4
Youngster dies in police chase on Highway 1 in ... (Jul '10) Apr 16 Lorraine 29
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance