Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
156,621 - 156,640 of 200,324 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago
Cash O La

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Buyers paid all cash for 34.9 percent of the Southern California homes sold January 2013.

Industry observers noted also that the current hot market could cool if the number of homes for sale rises.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
True. The French resistance during WWII had female members, Russians employed female fighter pilots, Russian female partisans, etc.
I think it is long past time we break down that barrier

We have women on ships now, on subs, we have women pilots, we have had women on assignments on the front lines, some 139 have died in Iraq and Afghanistan, many with weapons in their hands manning posts. They have been on teams doing door to door searches manning towers with rifles etc etc etc

We are already doing it, it is just that a lot of people donít recognize it yet.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is long past time we break down that barrier
We have women on ships now, on subs, we have women pilots, we have had women on assignments on the front lines, some 139 have died in Iraq and Afghanistan, many with weapons in their hands manning posts. They have been on teams doing door to door searches manning towers with rifles etc etc etc
We are already doing it, it is just that a lot of people donít recognize it yet.
Is that a good thing old man? You want women in the front lines fighting islamics? U czy!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because this is a perfectly good marriage equality thread, thank you.
Why don't you start a thread on red herrings? Over in the fish threads. Or maybe a straw man thread.
Rosie forgets the key word here is "MARRIAGE", as in same sex marriage, conjugal marriage, and yes the one she loves to deny, plural marriage. In her "marriage equality" world, Kody and his ladies are a bunch of Mormon fundies, Red necks, in breeders, and all sorts of trollette undesirables. They're not worthy of being allowed in the club house. It must make her cringe every time the Browns appear on national TV supporting gay marriage. "Wahhhhhh.....why can't those people leave us alone". Remember, Rosie, your cause is their cause, and their cause is your cause.

Did anyone from the pro gay marriage crowd honestly think this wouldn't happen? That plural marriage practitioners wouldn't jump on the band wagon?

Anyone willing to offer an honest answer?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Rosie forgets the key word here is "MARRIAGE", as in same sex marriage, conjugal marriage, and yes the one she loves to deny, plural marriage. In her "marriage equality" world, Kody and his ladies are a bunch of Mormon fundies, Red necks, in breeders, and all sorts of trollette undesirables. They're not worthy of being allowed in the club house. It must make her cringe every time the Browns appear on national TV supporting gay marriage. "Wahhhhhh.....why can't those people leave us alone". Remember, Rosie, your cause is their cause, and their cause is your cause.
Did anyone from the pro gay marriage crowd honestly think this wouldn't happen? That plural marriage practitioners wouldn't jump on the band wagon?
Anyone willing to offer an honest answer?
They can try to jump on the bandwagon ( chuckle )

It wonít help

Until more responsible and civilized advocates of it come forward, it just isnít going anywhere.

It is just talk
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Is that a good thing old man? You want women in the front lines fighting islamics? U czy!
They already are, you just are ignorant of the fact
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all marriage equality. Except for the goats, that's PETA.
P.S. Learn the subject you are debating, goats cannot enter into contracts. Neither can little girls. So your bigotry and ignorance regarding poly marriage is unfounded. It's just ignorance. And bigotry. And hypocrisy.
P.S. What happened to your dopey plan to tell all married gay couples that they are no longer married?
What a dope!
again you will need someone more civilized and human to make the case, because that is not what the general public is seeing and has seen.

I am not talking about me you idiot, I am talking about general support which you wont get as long as all they see so far on the subject has been pretty darn negative.
Mongol Man

Fallbrook, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

I think gays should be allowed to marry. If I have to put up with a mother-in-law, they should too.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Mongol Man wrote:
I think gays should be allowed to marr y. If I have to put up with a mother-in-law, they should too.
And you know that's going to be ugly. Talk about a mommas boy.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Is that a good thing old man? You want women in the front lines fighting islamics? U czy!
Islamics? Crap did we declare war on the Muslims?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine the poor polygamist! Multiple mothers-in-law!
Good point. You'd think polygamists would be opposed to themselves!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Off topic. Go start a woman in the military thread. this is a thread about MARRIAGE.
No thanks poly boy we will talk about whatever we want to
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Islamics? Crap did we declare war on the Muslims?
He personally is at war with a religion, the US is not.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. You'd think polygamists would be opposed to themselves!
It certainly would make me think twice, or three times...
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks poly boy we will talk about whatever we want to
You pull the off topic card on me, I pull it on you. Equal.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for clearing that up
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are personally at war with Mormons. But not Islamists. They've both polygamists (according to your bigotry). Yet you only hate the Mormons. Funny that.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for clearing that up
Says the jackass geek who worships an imaginary bowl of frikkin spaghetti that flies!
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever since I began researching the topic of polygamy, I have been bothered by the idea that this practice is justifiably criminalized because it is associated with the ills of child exploitation, abuse of women and children, etc.

But, within the criminal code, we have clear and specific provisions to target these offences, which are clearly harmful, and which any reasonable person considers intolerable and deserving of criminal sanction. So why does the law banning polygamy remain, a provision which, by the way, is almost never invoked and when it has been used, has led to few convictions that carried relatively minimal sentences?

If someone commits a crime, prosecute the hell out of them NO MATTER THE TYPE OF MARRIAGE THEY CHOOSE.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are personally at war with Mormons. But not Islamists. They've both polygamists (according to your bigotry). Yet you only hate the Mormons. Funny that.
Not at all, again you have not comprehended posts others make, you are like a little kid in the back seat that only understands every 5th word said.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••