Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,794

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Read more

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#178899 Feb 8, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The slippery slope is not a fallacy. It is real. If you were better educated and smarter, you would explain how it is real but inconsequential and not a reason to deny rights. You can change people's opinions for the better much quicker if you don't bullshit them.
I support marriage equality. Do you?
No, the slippery slope argument is a false argument. It is like hypothetical questions; what if.....?

Yes, I support marriage equality.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#178900 Feb 8, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Elmont sucks! Yuck! Too far from the water. Too Queensy. As in the borough.
ad hominem

and too friggin cold in the winter which is why I moved to SoCal
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178901 Feb 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
BINGO!!!!!
The slippery slope argument was his entire point.
And of course he will not acknowledge the opposing forces, the decline of the power of religion, and the growing distrust of religious fundamentalists.
Sure I acknowledge the decline in religion. But I think it's both good and bad, in your bigoted mind it's all good.

The slippery slope is real but inconsequntial and no reason to deny rights.

http://www2.law.ucla.edu/volokh/marriage.pdf
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178902 Feb 8, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the slippery slope argument is a false argument. It is like hypothetical questions; what if.....?
Yes, I support marriage equality.
I do too.

I believe the slippery slope is real but inconsequential and no reason to deny rights. And I believe it change more minds if you explain this insted of denying it's real.

http://www2.law.ucla.edu/volokh/marriage.pdf
Big D

Modesto, CA

#178903 Feb 8, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the slippery slope argument is a false argument. It is like hypothetical questions; what if.....?
Yes, I support marriage equality.
The next step of his slippery slope argument and marriage equality will have something to do with goats
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178904 Feb 8, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
ad hominem
and too friggin cold in the winter which is why I moved to SoCal
I hear ya! I live in Brooklyn when it's nice there and in the beautiful SF bay area when it's not!

Just talking to my brother there, they're in for a snowstorm! F*** that! I'll go in back in May.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178905 Feb 8, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so if it was a rhetoric question, why did you chastise those who you felt didn't answer it????
C'mon Frankie boy, try and get your story straight.
BTW Why are you filled with so much anger?
I chastised them because they refuse to get on topic and were just trying to attack me, like you are doing now.

Why are you so angry about me attempting to discuss marriage? Is it just the mention of polygamy that angers you so?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178906 Feb 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I want you to bring your wife on so we can discuss it with her.
of course you are not actually interested yourself, the slippery slope argument is only made by people trying to influence others to their position.
Want in one hand sh!t in the other, see which one fills up first. Let me know.

If you were better educated and smarter you'd explain how the slippery slope is real but inconsequential and no reason to deny gay marriage like I am trying to do. Instead of tying to bullsh!t us that it is not real or some kind of trick.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178908 Feb 8, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
again are these rhetorical questions, or are you really interested in answers. Please indicate if your questions are genuine or rhetorical
Please stop dicking around and discuss the topic.

You've tried all your best insults, now it's time for your opinions and thoughts on marriage equality.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178909 Feb 8, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
I don't want 5 wives; I just want to be able to marry one.
You can! But be careful what you wish for!

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#178910 Feb 8, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I chastised them because they refuse to get on topic and were just trying to attack me, like you are doing now.
Why are you so angry about me attempting to discuss marriage? Is it just the mention of polygamy that angers you so?
not angry just tried of equating same sex marriage and polygamy as the same issue.

they're not. I stated my reasons against polygamy.

marriage is a social contract between two consenting adults. Not granting those legal rights to same sex couples is unconstitutional IMO.
There are a host of legal issues when it comes to multiple adults in one marriage.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#178911 Feb 8, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Want in one hand sh!t in the other, see which one fills up first. Let me know.
If you were better educated and smarter you'd explain how the slippery slope is real but inconsequential and no reason to deny gay marriage like I am trying to do. Instead of tying to bullsh!t us that it is not real or some kind of trick.
I already am better educated and smarter than you Frankie, but that doesnít make me special, just about everyone is.

I am not trying to bulls!it anyone, I am for what I say I am for, I donít use slippery slope arguments to try and derail others. I donít attack people who are for gay marriage, I donít defend those who unreasonably object to it.

You who call everyone names non-stop should not be complaining about people attacking you, it sounds so much like......( drum roll please ) hypocrisy

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#178912 Feb 8, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please stop dicking around and discuss the topic.
You've tried all your best insults, now it's time for your opinions and thoughts on marriage equality.
Frankie, Frankie Frankie...

I gave my opinion in my very first post today...

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TH6FC2...
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#178913 Feb 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I already am better educated and smarter than you Frankie, but that doesnít make me special, just about everyone is.
I am not trying to bulls!it anyone, I am for what I say I am for, I donít use slippery slope arguments to try and derail others. I donít attack people who are for gay marriage, I donít defend those who unreasonably object to it.
You who call everyone names non-stop should not be complaining about people attacking you, it sounds so much like......( drum roll please ) hypocrisy
Look what Big D's nick name should be, the idiotfinder, as he constantly calls everybody stupid.

So who is brighter, me or Frankie, considering you think we are both stupid?

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#178914 Feb 8, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please stop dicking around and discuss the topic.
You've tried all your best insults, now it's time for your opinions and thoughts on marriage equality.
The votes keep stacking up way to go
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#178915 Feb 8, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>The votes keep stacking up way to go
Really?

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#178916 Feb 8, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Look what Big D's nick name should be, the idiotfinder, as he constantly calls everybody stupid.
So who is brighter, me or Frankie, considering you think we are both stupid?
Brighter than __________ Brian_G close but no cigar

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#178917 Feb 8, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Don't pout some one gave you one.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178918 Feb 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I already am better educated and smarter than you Frankie, but that doesnít make me special, just about everyone is.
I am not trying to bulls!it anyone, I am for what I say I am for, I donít use slippery slope arguments to try and derail others. I donít attack people who are for gay marriage, I donít defend those who unreasonably object to it.
You who call everyone names non-stop should not be complaining about people attacking you, it sounds so much like......( drum roll please ) hypocrisy
I am not using the slippery slope argument to hurt your feelings. I am trying to tell you how to deal with it. If you would read the excellent paper by the UCLA professor on the slippery slope you would get some great tips on how to deal with it intelligently. By saying yes it is real, but here's why it doesn't matter. Then you be even more educated and smarter!

P.S. Maybe tell the University of CA you don't think I deserve my MS Geology with a 3.8 GPA! They think I'm smart enough for it. Maybe I should get my money back?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178919 Feb 8, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie, Frankie Frankie...
I gave my opinion in my very first post today...
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TH6FC2...
I'm not really interested in your narrow views on religion though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where can I find heroin in monterey? Fri Rosiedosie 7
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Thu scirocco 71,697
News Homicide suspect Victor Cabrera has long histor... (Oct '08) Mar 24 mando 12
News Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Mar 20 Gary 16
Review: Salazar Auto Repair (Sep '13) Mar 10 fed up 3
News Ezekiel Lopez-Figueroa at his sentencing this m... (Dec '11) Mar 5 Carlos Slim 14
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Mar 3 Joe Balls 1,530
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]