Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#178490 Feb 5, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Forced prison marriages? Use YOUR head, Brian. There's no such thing as forced prison marriages. It's a figment of your demented imagination.
And I suppose that prison b!tches are all consensual, as well, right ? As well as this forum being fair and balanced, right ? As well as you being the smart one in the room, right ? That's about as much bullshit as anyone can type....You're a grade "A" moron and anyone can see that, from the sheer volume of bullshit that you type.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#178491 Feb 5, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Kiimare's lips ARE my lips because I'm his internal lesbian.
FYI, Dilbert, you've spelled "boogers" wrong. Kind of takes the wind out of your sales when you fail to make your point.
Was that a pun, or did you really just misspell "sails" because you didn't know any better ??
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#178492 Feb 5, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, Brian, that makes you the stupidest man alive.
No, he's right and you're just really gay...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#178493 Feb 5, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of evolution, do you think you should have been aborted? You call yourself a "monster mutation".
You should have been smothered, too bad that your mother was incompetent at that, too...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#178494 Feb 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
For a minute there I thought you were Janey Doody!
He laughs just like that except I don't think his laugh is a real laugh.
No, it's insane cackling..The larger the numbers of "ha"'s, the more relevant he thinks he is being...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#178495 Feb 5, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
The litmus test is simply this: when same sex couples can marry, what do heterosexual couples lose? Really, how is your marriage any less valid?
That's why this is called marriage equality, because everyone wins and nobody loses.
I could easily argue your other points, bit there's really no reason to do so. Besides, it's going to happen anyway.
Just ask my Kimare.
Really ? How do I win ?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#178496 Feb 5, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that a pun, or did you really just misspell "sails" because you didn't know any better ??
You seem to have all the answers, so I'll leave out up to you.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#178497 Feb 5, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
The litmus test is simply this: when same sex couples can marry, what do heterosexual couples lose? Really, how is your marriage any less valid?
That's why this is called marriage equality, because everyone wins and nobody loses.
I could easily argue your other points, bit there's really no reason to do so. Besides, it's going to happen anyway.
Just ask my Kimare.
Please, feel free to argue them...Did we all "win" when schools adopted the "no child left behind" policy ? No, a diploma became virtually worthless. Any kid could get one. Even the abject failures.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#178498 Feb 5, 2013
It*
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#178499 Feb 5, 2013
And, what is American citizenship worth ? Anyone can become an American, anymore, all one has to do is sneak in and get amnesty.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#178500 Feb 5, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have all the answers, so I'll leave out up to you.
I'm not like some of the others in here, you can admit a mistake without me crowing about it, I was just asking...

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#178501 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>
1: Marriage is not a "right", it's a benefit society gives to a certain class of people.
I'll take the Supreme Court's opinion over yours. And we also have the right to equal protection under the law.
2: Society gives the benefits of marriage to heterosexual couples because long experience shows that marriage of heterosexual couples carries a great number of benefits to society (for example: it civilizes men, making them more productive, and less foolhardy (and therefore less destructive)(see lowered car insurance rates for young males who marry)).
3: There is no evidence that homosexual marriage provides similar benefits to society.

4: Following the age old principle that intelligent agreements give benefits to both sides, it is therefore not in society's interest to give homosexual couples benefits that they haven't "earned".
Marriage is a contract. It's a contract between the people getting married. It's also a contract between, that couple. and the State. Valid contracts require that both sides get benefits. What is the benefit to society of giving a marriage contract to homosexual couples?
Until that's answered, there's no rational reason to give homosexual couples such a contract.
Write this down, Bigfoot: equal rights.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#178502 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>
You should have been smothered, too bad that your mother was incompetent at that, too...
Your face makes it look like you *were* smothered, Bigfoot.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#178503 Feb 5, 2013
I'm not like some of the others in here, you can admit a mistake without me crowing about it, I was just asking... Although I jump rather quickly on some...Those who have shown a propensity for the same behavior...

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#178504 Feb 5, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your face makes it look like you *were* smothered, Bigfoot.
with a pizza.....roflmao, sorry, I couldn't resist.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#178505 Feb 5, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
with a pizza.....roflmao, sorry, I couldn't resist.
Was that one of Rose_NoHo's more "intelligent and insightful" posts?
Remington

Monrovia, CA

#178506 Feb 5, 2013
An armed society is a polite society, so says us all.

God bless America and pass the ammunition down the ranks!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#178507 Feb 5, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
You keep repeating unfounded rubbish about forced same sex marriages in prison with out one shred of supporting evidence that they would actually happen. Once again, give us some supporting argument that they'd actually occur. Kindly refrain from using your usual methods (bumper sticker slogans).
There's plenty of evidence of same sex marriage affecting our prisons:

In the rest of North America, even prison systems are beginning to recognize and accommodate gay marriages. Canada allows same-sex prisoners to wed while still incarcerated. Last October, two male inmates of a federal penitentiary in Quebec province married in the prison chapel. It was the third gay marriage to be performed in a federal prison in Canada since gay marriage was recognized on the national level in July 2005.15 Canada permits “private family visits” for a broad range of relatives including same-sex couples, but the visitor cannot be another prisoner.16 In Mexico, the National Human Rights Commission ruled in February 2007 that conjugal visits must be allowed to same-sex couples on the same terms and conditions as are extended to straight couples, and Mexico City’s jail had its first same-sex partner conjugal visit the following July.17

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/displayArticl...

If you believe penitentiaries should be places for penitence instead of honeymoon romps and forced same sex marriage.
dropks

Pittsburgh, PA

#178511 Feb 6, 2013
youtube.com/watch... …… Geez! must have been error

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#178512 Feb 6, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ask my Kimare.
This is why those closest to you ignore you;

On what basis is that the litmus test?

To equate gay couples to marriage, the first test is, "are they the same"? Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Gay couples are a defective blunder of evolution.

Effect isn't even relevant or provable. Especially your assertion that there will only be good effects. It is already obvious that children will be used (deliberately deprived of one parent and one gender) to satisfy gay couple fruitation desolation.

Moreover, marriage becomes less valid because it dilutes a unique relationship to 'friendship' and a 'contract'. In other words, any relationship a lawyer can contrive.

You are soooo embarrassing. It is stupidity like yours that caused me to salt and pepper my eggs and you this morning. I hope you are happy.

Snicker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 69,520
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr big meech 16,010
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sep 28 No Time for Tea 5,084
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 27 Bucketeers 7,965
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep 21 fancy 3
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 21 theos 2,275

Monterey Jobs

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]