Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,779)

Showing posts 155,561 - 155,580 of199,067
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Reasons why

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Are the islamic men so perverted that they have to put a veil on FEMALE CHILDREN So they don't rape them?

To protect baby girls from being
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I am giving you one last chance. I am defending you against Rose, so you best not rile it up!
Im sure he didnt ask for it, and im sure he dont need it, especially from you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
So patience and compassion is a weakness in your emotionally suppressed mind? Its stupid and weak to cry? Go on little boy, keep having those thoughts!
Very Dopey post! Try harder. Much harder. Give it all you got jackass!

This should be good.
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Very Dopey post! Try harder. Much harder. Give it all you got jackass!
This should be good.
I think that is his best. I know. I was pretty dissapointed in him also.
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't even started yet. Frankie gave no basis of hints to attack him.
Although I'm sure you really find me entertaining and are laughing, but won't admit it. Are you suppressing your feelings of happiness and making yourself dull of feelings? Is that all you are? A wannabe android? So when someone irrates you but you find it entertaining you try to block the emotions? Is that what is causing your to be physically ill and unfit? Emotional suppression everywhere everywhere everywhere!
I admit to laughing at you all the time. That is what I do when I see somthing that isnt serious, I laugh.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't even started yet. Frankie gave no basis of hints to attack him.
Although I'm sure you really find me entertaining and are laughing, but won't admit it. Are you suppressing your feelings of happiness and making yourself dull of feelings? Is that all you are? A wannabe android? So when someone irrates you but you find it entertaining you try to block the emotions? Is that what is causing your to be physically ill and unfit? Emotional suppression everywhere everywhere everywhere!
I crack up reading your silly azz posts every day. I some times wonder if you are really Brian-G.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
Tell us, Brian, how will these forced marriages come about? Provide some evidence for the accusation other than "OMG! If they make same sex marriage the law of the land the prisoners will all be forced into it."
Forced same sex marriage would come about by licensing same sex marriage; I'm against it. Prison rape occurs; forced same sex prison marriage would occur the same way.

How in the name common sense did you draw that conclusion from my comment. You need to cut out the insane leaps.
Why don't you comment on the affects of same sex marriage on prison's families exposed to same sex prison marriages?

I don't care what you do to be honest. Keep posting up your odd thoughts. I am quite amused by them.
Good, I intend to amuse rather than offend. I'm glad my methods work, thanks for the feedback.

You refuse to offer any substance for your argument. How will forced marriages occur in prison? What supporting evidence do you have for this claim?
How do prison rapes occur in prison now? What evidence that rape and forced marriage are unrelated?

What about them? You tell me. Again, provide evidence. To date you are the only person I've ever heard bring up this rather odd notion.
You may do your own research, my intent is to present arguments for protecting marriage and validating argument's I've found.

Point out where I've said they're essentially the same. The anatomy is quite different in a couple locations and the endocrine systems function differently for the same reason. When it comes to capabilities, these exist on a continuum. Men tend to be physically stronger than women yet women tend to have greater physical endurance for things like long distance running. That doesn't mean you won't find women who are quite physically strong or you won't find men with great endurance.
But none of this, not one teensy weensy little bit of it, has any bearing on which gender a particular individual finds attractive, and thus wishes to spend the rest of their life with under contract of marriage.
Civil unions and domestic partnerships are contracts, the US Supreme court has ruled, marriage is more.

Marriage isn't for everybody.

Now that you've run all over hill and dale about this, let us get back to your premise, how will same sex marriage create forced marriages in prison? Give us a valid argument for your claim. Don't confuse your claim with evidence.
There are forced male/female marriages now; same sex marriage wouldn't help or stop that problem. It could only add to the victims, create more harm from the evildoers.

If you love good, diversity, integration and union but hate evil, segregation and harm; keep marriage one man and one woman.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Forced same sex marriage would come about by licensing same sex marriage; I'm against it. Prison rape occurs; forced same sex prison marriage would occur the same way.
<quoted text>Why don't you comment on the affects of same sex marriage on prison's families exposed to same sex prison marriages?
<quoted text>Good, I intend to amuse rather than offend. I'm glad my methods work, thanks for the feedback.
<quoted text>How do prison rapes occur in prison now? What evidence that rape and forced marriage are unrelated?
<quoted text>You may do your own research, my intent is to present arguments for protecting marriage and validating argument's I've found.
<quoted text>Civil unions and domestic partnerships are contracts, the US Supreme court has ruled, marriage is more.
<quoted text>There are forced male/female marriages now; same sex marriage wouldn't help or stop that problem. It could only add to the victims, create more harm from the evildoers.
If you love good, diversity, integration and union but hate evil, segregation and harm; keep marriage one man and one woman.
Not enough duct tape in the world

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Brian-G is a holy man of God.
Which god? Dang there are so flippin many to choose from

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>

my intention here is to steal kimare's wife away from him.
Wouldn't it be easier to find out which blow up doll she is and just buy yourself a new one just like her?
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are changing your avatar to look even more stupid?
Largelanguage was already taken.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Forced same sex marriage would come about by licensing same sex marriage; I'm against it. Prison rape occurs; forced same sex prison marriage would occur the same way.
<quoted text>Why don't you comment on the affects of same sex marriage on prison's families exposed to same sex prison marriages?
<quoted text>Good, I intend to amuse rather than offend. I'm glad my methods work, thanks for the feedback.
<quoted text>How do prison rapes occur in prison now? What evidence that rape and forced marriage are unrelated?
<quoted text>You may do your own research, my intent is to present arguments for protecting marriage and validating argument's I've found.
<quoted text>Civil unions and domestic partnerships are contracts, the US Supreme court has ruled, marriage is more.
<quoted text>There are forced male/female marriages now; same sex marriage wouldn't help or stop that problem. It could only add to the victims, create more harm from the evildoers.
Tell me about these rape/forced marriages in the world as it applies to this country. Give me some data on the frequency of occurence. So far you've made nothing but unfounded allegations. THAT IS NOT AN ARGUMENT! Suggesting I do research is hilarious when I am not the one making these claims. Your claims, your argument. Do you even understand what an argument is?
Reasons why

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Just more pig scat from the Republicans.

This little piggy went to
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are changing your avatar to look even more stupid?
JackassBird58 is being fitted for a new tin foil hat. His old one has been sending him silly messages.

He'll be posting a fresh picture with his shiny new hat!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, your post is hilarious. I can't wait to see a tree hanging fruit on its own branches pretending to be a nut tree. Do you live in Munchkin Land?
Look for a blonde.

Snicker.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

AND STILL!

no logical counter to this fact;

At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Gay couples are the picture of defective failure. Mating behavior gone abusive with NOTHING to show for it.

STILL no logical counter to this fact;

A fruit tree bearing fruit.
A fruit tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
A nut tree who never bears fruit wanting to be a fruit tree.
A nut tree hanging fruit on it's branches pretending to be a fruit tree.

Even funnier?

The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' fruit trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call nut trees fruit trees too!

Ho, Ho, Ho, Hilarious!!!
CryBabes

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

SoCal police chiefs on A.B. 109:`This is dangerous'

So these lazy police chiefs have to work for a living?

After living off FAT salaries in the past.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
AND STILL!
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Gay couples are the picture of defective failure. Mating behavior gone abusive with NOTHING to show for it.
STILL no logical counter to this fact;
A fruit tree bearing fruit.
A fruit tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
A nut tree who never bears fruit wanting to be a fruit tree.
A nut tree hanging fruit on it's branches pretending to be a fruit tree.
Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' fruit trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call nut trees fruit trees too!
Ho, Ho, Ho, Hilarious!!!
nuts, nuts, nuts

“Get it right”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
AND STILL!
Prove this is marriage's most basic essence.....what is your source for this 'fact'?

Otherwise state it clearly as your personal opinion/ wishful thinking.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent observation.
:) Thanks.
And women can testify.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 155,561 - 155,580 of199,067
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance