Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
155,081 - 155,100 of 200,366 Comments Last updated 19 hrs ago
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're stupid. It's not a matter of "all or nothing". You're engaging in a slippery slope fallacy.
And nobody can force you to accept anything, bigfoot.
I'm sorry, your fingers were typing but all I heard was "blah blah blah I'm an insane little dumb-ass"
Heteroguy

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

My $.02, absolutely gays and lesbians should be allowed to legally marry....I'm surprised that we even still debate this.

Why should hetrosexuals like myself be allowed to be legally abused by a spouse but not gays and lesbians?

Dammit, they deserve to be miserable just like the rest of us!

When I lived in Minneapolis, my ex-wife and I were close friends with a gay couple. While my ex was secretly opening up accounts using my social, draining our bank accounts and racking up over $70k in credit card debt....in my name not hers.....LEGALLY....this nice couple was denied the right to legally ruin each other. It's not right. We all deserve the same freedoms!

I'm a rather conservative military veteran, but when it comes to marital rights for gays and lesbians....seriously.....what century are we living in that the government can decide who should be together and who shouldn't? Rediculous.

When it comes to special employment rights based on sexual preference (and I believe that it's preference not genetic) then I feel differently. I can't get a job just because I'm NOT gay or lesbian....so I shouldn't be entitled to one because I AM (if I were).

Marriage....and the right to legally have life insurance policies, etc. as a result of being legally married is absolutely something that should not even be debated.....all couples, regardless of gender should be able to 'enjoy' marriage, if there is such a thing.

ME? I would never ever again even consider marriage. It's rather stupid once you've married SATAN as I did, but I absolutely would defend to the death anyone's right to be married.

You want a legal gun pointed at your head? I say go for it.....everyone. It's not just for straight people.
Heteroguy

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Oh and by the way.....multiple spouses? WHY THE HELL NOT?

The only thing worse than one wife is several....but if a man is stupid enough to legally obligate himself the let the poor bastard do it!(or a woman with multiple men, for that matter)

Do you know what the punishment is for having multiple wives? It's the multiple wives!
Funny

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

THE SHORTEST FAIRY TALE

One day an atractive young man asked a beautiful woman to marry him, but she said no.

And he lived happily ever after.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Heteroguy wrote:
Oh and by the way.....multiple spouses? WHY THE HELL NOT?
The only thing worse than one wife is several....but if a man is stupid enough to legally obligate himself the let the poor bastard do it!(or a woman with multiple men, for that matter)
Do you know what the punishment is for having multiple wives? It's the multiple wives!
Agree. Polygamy if legal will be relatively rare and self limiting.

The problem we have here is that same sex marriage supporters on this thread seem to think polygamy rights are some sort of trick to deprive them of their rights, as if there are only so many rights to go around and they want them all!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Funny wrote:
THE SHORTEST FAIRY TALE
One day an atractive young man asked a beautiful woman to marry him, but she said no.
And he lived happily ever after.
A wonderful fairy tale! Thank you for sharing!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're stupid. It's not a matter of "all or nothing". You're engaging in a slippery slope fallacy.
And nobody can force you to accept anything, bigfoot.
The slippery slope is not a reason to deny same sex marriage, but it is not a fallacy.

You would do well to be smart and honest, instead of pig headedly stubborn, nasty, dishonest, mean and stupid! But that's our Rose_NoHo!

http://www2.law.ucla.edu/volokh/marriage.pdf
Ban Buggery

Westfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Mother Nature speaks to us in many ways. Sadly many humans do not listen and so she reacts accordingly.
Fate
Oy

Obama is an idiot
Biden is an idiot
Gore is an idiot
Clinton is an idiot
Bush is an idiot
They're all idiots

End the fed
Abolish the tax code

Obama is the ceo for corporate america and the united states of israelity.
We were sold out so now they wish to "legalize" 11 million criminals as replacements.
Both parties do.
High Treason right there!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
He is so badly programmed to be contrary that you could grab him by the hair, slam his face into a wall, and tell him "that just sucked for you" and he'd deny it....
Yeah he's stubborn. He's also a dishonest little sh!t. That's the part I don't like most.

And he's from Modesto. A dusty little sh!thole in the San Joaquin Valley. Let me sum up it's description by saying if you wanted to give California an enema, Modesto is where you'd stick the hose!
Skant

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

You Skant do that on TV.
Heteroguy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. Polygamy if legal will be relatively rare and self limiting.
The problem we have here is that same sex marriage supporters on this thread seem to think polygamy rights are some sort of trick to deprive them of their rights, as if there are only so many rights to go around and they want them all!
So true.....I'm genuinely puzzled about why same sex supporters feel threatened by anyone else having rights to marriage.
Required

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! You are calling someone else ugly!? Damn, you hardly look human.
And I do fear that I'd risk my life if I put a pic of my face up, because fundies are violent, hateful and racist. That doesn't mean they are the only people who ever commit violent crimes. Now go back to typing "pants down" into search engines.
Not sure your loved? You love being loved, is that why you say you love men? What a self absorbed women!
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah he's stubborn. He's also a dishonest little sh!t. That's the part I don't like most.
And he's from Modesto. A dusty little sh!thole in the San Joaquin Valley. Let me sum up it's description by saying if you wanted to give California an enema, Modesto is where you'd stick the hose!
You're a child, accept it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

WHY VOTE wrote:
Ok, I don't really care if same sex people get married or are together in any capacity. I am for equal rights BUT.......... I am very annoyed that peoples votes don't mean anything anymore. What happened to a majority vote rules? What happened to the peoples voice?
My stance on this has nothing to do with same sex couples. This is just the latest thing a court has overturned or blocked that THE PEOPLE voted for. Look at AZ., look back at prop. 187 which would have saved is billions in illegal immigrant funding. The people of the USA are trying to make changes to better our country and the few judges are effectively disenfranchising us.
Again this is not directed at same sex couples it is major frustration over the majority loosing there voice.
WHY VOTE????
That isnít the problem, you would indeed hope that votes didnít count if the majority of brown eyed people put up a ballot and passed a proposition to deny blue eyed people the vote

Such a measure would be deemed unconstitutional, and rightly so.

The problem is that we allow unconstitutional measures to be voted on in the first place.

How out of state interests and strong arm their own flocks to come up with loads of cash to fund an unconstitutional measure. That is what we need to fix
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a child, accept it.
OK!
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean like just now, when I showed Chongo to be a liar, when I proved that her side is just as, if not more, dangerous than the heterosexuals that she reviles, as per the case in point ? Re: a heterosexual woman being murdered by a transgender man, who is obviously mixed up, as can be told by the mere fact that he dresses in drag, when he is a man ? Oh, I thought that was what you meant....No, I didn't do any lying, I don't need to. Go back to "lubs me some Betty White", it was more your speed.....
Drunk posting, again?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is utterly logical for polygamy rights to follow gay rights.
If traditional marriage is defined as the union of two people of opposite gender, and if the gender requirement is nothing but prejudice, exclusion and an arbitrary denial of one's autonomous choices, then the number requirement (two and only two), is a similarly arbitrary, discriminatory and indefensible denial of individual choice.
Thanks for repeating your ignorance of logic, but I don't expect much from you. If gender is arbitrary then number is arbitrary???? LMFAO@you I guess you think that is logical because you made it up, eh? You have no proof that one must follow the other, and you have no examples of where that has EVER taken place. JESUS TAP-DANCING CHRIST!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Drunk posting, again?
That "Lubs me some Betty White" of yours was very CRINGEWORTHY!

You were sucking up to Rose_NoHo adding a nice touch to the cringe!

So. Why do you feel poly MARRIAGE doesn't deserve the same consideration as SAME SEX MARRIAGE?

P.S. The answer is not polygamy should be illegal because it's illegal. You've already said that 20 times. It's stupid.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
OK!
You just wish you were a child!

( I wish I was one too )

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••