Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,751)

Showing posts 155,001 - 155,020 of200,321
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aricept. Check into it.
Aricept won't dismiss the truth, and you just the truth from him. Deal with it. Your posts are lame. You have been judged, and found lacking. Say, why don't you drop that house on Frank ? Do it now...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Don't you mean "hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha " ? Because that was a real kneeslapper.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
oh. you're claiming you are not a fraud, but that you have Alzheimer's and don't remember what job you did for GE for 25 years?
I don't believe you fraud boy!
It was a janitor.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
But women can marry men, yet men can't. And men can marry women, but men can't. Not inline with the 14th Amendment.
Twist, worm, twist...Men aren't supposed to marry men, and women aren't supposed to marry women. Any other confusion ?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus had two dads. Was he confused?]
Not at all, although it is plain that you are.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Twist, worm, twist...Men aren't supposed to marry men, and women aren't supposed to marry women. Any other confusion ?
And no one gay or straight, man or woman, wants to marry Rose_NoHo!

Did you notice she posts about some new imaginary boyfriend? Wonder what happened to her old imaginary boyfriend. Probably turned out to be an imaginary jerk.
Black momma

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Momma, the didn't forget to tell you that, they did it deliberately. It is a common tactic in here...It is called "sock puppetry".
See someone like that because I respect people beliefs but you know I am trying real hard Ringo to be the shepard right now my N...ga I am listening to some good ole Hank Williams Jr and Sr right now I am not drinking I am drankan I feel like a honkey tonk girl all in my heaven country, Blues, Rock,Al Green,and at the gate a Jim Brown and m.f Janis Joplin falling down drunk Janet and of course I want Big At the buffet viva las Vegas belly down Sweaty Elvis now that's a show closing act Travis the gangster chimp. You guys all need some comic relief
fogn

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

youtube.com/watch... H.O.P.E. the Judge is Gay?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
More evidence that your parents are very closely related.
I point out, most same sex marriage supporters use insults because they don't base their views on rationality. They base their views on the good feeling of being inclusive, tolerant and enlightened.

Same sex marriage is like the ersatz equality of women in combat roles.

Who is gonna perform these "forced" prison marriages? The warden.
The US Supreme Court has ruled, wardens can't restrict a prisoner's right to marriage. So, more likely prison chaplains and lay prisons will be performing forced prison marriages in the event of same sex marrage.

You really out to try thinking these through before you post them.
Try to think about the consequences of your radical redefinition of marriage before you change the law.

Don't think I'm simply responding to insult you. You set yourself up for being called stupid by being stupid.
Many same sex marriage supporters think the question,'would it make society better' is stupid; they ask,'will it bring equality'. They prefer equality to anything else.
Quest

Annandale, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I point out, most same sex marriage supporters use insults because they don't base their views on rationality. They base their views on the good feeling of being inclusive, tolerant and enlightened.
No, we base our views on the simple and verifiable facts.
No straight person or their marriage will ever be harmed by the marriages of gay folks. Banning legal recognition of gay folk's marriages HARMS them.
Simple.
Factual.
There is no rational logical reason behind harming gay people and their families by denying them the ability to legally marry.
You can't argue the facts, so you project your own ideas and feelings on the other side, hoping to distract readers from your lack of any sensible argument.
Silly stuff.
Quest

Annandale, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>...
Same sex marriage is like the ersatz equality of women in combat roles.
Case in point: Now you are trying to compare legal marriage to combat.
ALEX T

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

It's really simple. Once gay judges come into power, they obviously will be biased towards providing for their cause. It is not even about what is constitutional or what democracy deserves.

It is all about survival and self interest on the part of these gay judges. They're worse than Democrats and Republicans.
Beverly

Greenwood, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

The reason that the vote is overruled is because the court protects minorities from the tyrrany of the majority. They have done that since the 1965 voting rights act. Thank god!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we base our views on the simple and verifiable facts.
No straight person or their marriage will ever be harmed by the marriages of gay folks. Banning legal recognition of gay folk's marriages HARMS them.
Simple.
Factual.
There is no rational logical reason behind harming gay people and their families by denying them the ability to legally marry.
You can't argue the facts, so you project your own ideas and feelings on the other side, hoping to distract readers from your lack of any sensible argument.
Silly stuff.
I think the problem we need to look at is why are the marriages of those that do not support gay marriage so feeble

There are 18,000 legal gay marriages in California right now, my marriage was not harmed in any way at all, nor were the marriages of my children, or friends.

Yet these people that are so opposed to same sex marriage claim it is doing irreparable harm to marriage. Why are their marriages so feeble, why are the opponents of same sex marriage in relationships that are so easily damaged?

That is what they need to look into, themselves, and not worry about what other consenting adults are doing.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the problem we need to look at is why are the marriages of those that do not support gay marriage so feeble
There are 18,000 legal gay marriages in California right now, my marriage was not harmed in any way at all, nor were the marriages of my children, or friends.
Yet these people that are so opposed to same sex marriage claim it is doing irreparable harm to marriage. Why are their marriages so feeble, why are the opponents of same sex marriage in relationships that are so easily damaged?
That is what they need to look into, themselves, and not worry about what other consenting adults are doing.
Yes! And you must do the same with regards to polygamy and incest marriage. See? Easy!
DorN

Ridgecrest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hetorsexual marriage could bring the horror of forced prison marriages to people in institutions. Keep ALL marriage illegal if you think prison rape is wrong.
( chuckle, there a women in prison too you know )
----------
I think rape is wrong, and rapists in or out of prison should be castrated.
wattsa matta yew

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

waddabout them senators and congressers who is aginst everything and have a special fix-yer-wagon itch for womens? If they practice what they preach and have been married for X years then they should have X children, with an average of one per year as per bible, or by simple math and time out, right? So how come they got an average of minus 13.7 per year ? They must be practicing one of them songs they dont want anybody else to sing, right? Now if they is doing the sandusky with each other in the basement of the capitol then we outta have them on camera, right? So's we can choose by they real behavior, right, as trooly UPstanding leeders, right?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Case in point: Now you are trying to compare legal marriage to combat.
I think he is comparing two examples of the government social engineering by fiat.

Sometimes the results maybe worth it but still he has a valid point.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Please, feel free to lie, embellish, fabricate, and twist anything that you may find convenient, in order to bolster your BS...
Like you just did?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
LMFAO@you

That's a really well thought out response.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 155,001 - 155,020 of200,321
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••