Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
154,961 - 154,980 of 200,343 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177644
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were good strong words to demand against the heathens like Rush!
Dont be scared of me, I just wanna be your friend. I think you need a hug.....Come here buddy, bring it on in..*hugs*:>)
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177645
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
Definatly not scared of you. I love and respect my wife. Why are you scared of women? Rejected too many times? Or is it the fact that you are looking for a boyfriend? You are lying to everyone here, but mostly to yourself. Give in, it is not wrong.
Is this your best? I'm sure you want to please her to sound like a nice warm sweet person like you find her! Do you want yourself to measure up to the way you perceive her?
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177646
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this your best? I'm sure you want to please her to sound like a nice warm sweet person like you find her! Do you want yourself to measure up to the way you perceive her?
Why are you so jealous? Just reach out and try to find someone. And no you cant marry your hand, or that rat thingy Ratchet, you need to get out of the basement. It might be a good idea to visit a tanning bed, all the time you spend in your moms basement dressed in her clothes has most likly left you a little pale.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177647
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so jealous? Just reach out and try to find someone. And no you cant marry your hand, or that rat thingy Ratchet, you need to get out of the basement. It might be a good idea to visit a tanning bed, all the time you spend in your moms basement dressed in her clothes has most likly left you a little pale.
I'm not a drag queen, you must be deranged though.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177648
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont be scared of me, I just wanna be your friend. I think you need a hug.....Come here buddy, bring it on in..*hugs*:>)
Coming out of the closet? What will your wife think? She's sitting next to you!
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177653
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming out of the closet? What will your wife think? She's sitting next to you!
No she is at work at the moment. See, that is why you dont have any friends. Just cause we are buddies, it dont mean you are gay. Dont be so afraid buddy.
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177654
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a drag queen, you must be deranged though.
Just use more makeup. Of corse that wont hide the ugliness you have inside, but maybe you will have him hooked before he finds out what you really are.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177655
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
No she is at work at the moment. See, that is why you dont have any friends. Just cause we are buddies, it dont mean you are gay. Dont be so afraid buddy.
Why is she at work? Co-dependentt? Is she dominant then?

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177656
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a male, not a female, moron. Now listen small child, I was refering to how he boasted about his dick and we showed him for who he really was. I am straight as well demon.
No way we are all a bit gay
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177657
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is she at work? Co-dependentt? Is she dominant then?
She wants to eat too, so she works. No, neither is dominant. I bet you dont like that though do ya.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177658
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No its not. Proposition 8 was inline with the 14 amendment. Everybody had the right to marry the opposite sex, child.
But women can marry men, yet men can't. And men can marry women, but men can't. Not inline with the 14th Amendment.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177659
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't condemn inter-racial marriage, only gay "marriage". I don't believe in loveless marriages. But gays pretend to love when really they lust.
Odd. Fundies argued against inter-racial marriage quoting Genesis 1:4. And the only argument made against inter-racial marriage in Loving v VA was that god didn't approve of them.

Oh, you're a virgin, so you don't understand how love and lust can combine. Best thing is life! I have no reason to believe the love/lust combination a gay man feels for his man is any different than he love/lust I feel for mine.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177660
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
But women can marry men, yet men can't. And men can marry women, but men can't. Not inline with the 14th Amendment.
Men can marry anybody of the opposite sex. People can't marry the same sex, and no one has the rights to.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177661
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

7

6

6

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd. Fundies argued against inter-racial marriage quoting Genesis 1:4. And the only argument made against inter-racial marriage in Loving v VA was that god didn't approve of them.
Oh, you're a virgin, so you don't understand how love and lust can combine. Best thing is life! I have no reason to believe the love/lust combination a gay man feels for his man is any different than he love/lust I feel for mine.
Genesis has nothing about that.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177662
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

9

8

8

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>No way we are all a bit gay
Whoa whoa whoa! Easy now cowboy!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177663
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

7

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Men can marry anybody of the opposite sex. People can't marry the same sex, and no one has the rights to.
Wrong welcome to 2013

same sex marriage is legal in 8 states and the district of coloumba and in 11 other countries, with legislation pending in 8 more countries and several more states ( I could be low as it keeps changing as more come on board )

Yes they do have the right to

You however do not have the right to tell them they cannot

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177665
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Marianne wrote:
The United States. A free country in which all have the freedom to express themselves within its laws and for the good of man. HOWEVER, man has taken God out of the picture and anarchy has reigned into men having sex with men and women having sex with women. God says if you choose to ignore my instruction I God will give you over to a debased mind. Now when I was born I knew that I was born a woman, plain and simple, no questions asked,I grew to have all the physical traits of being so. HOWEVER, the gays and lesbians are in their minds a bit confused.Ladies, can't you see that you were created (by God) with certain, physical traits to have children.
Now you have to adopt and yet confuse a child about man and woman and "making babies". 9snip)
Jesus had two dads. Was he confused?]


“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177666
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Same sex marriage could bring the horror of forced prison marriages to people in institutions. Keep marriage male/female if you think prison rape is wrong.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177667
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

7

6

5

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus had two dads. Was he confused?]
ROFLMAO!!!!!
Snorting

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177668
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

The rash of LittleMInds posting more worthless dribble than before. But what can you expect from Repulicans who are on life support.

Just look at whats left on the city council in Glendora, California they are living on canned air and pills from their doctors who are a bunch of old coots themselves.

Worthless air benders on borrowed time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Monterey Forum right now

Search the Monterey Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 54 min Eric 68,396
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 7 hr snodder 2,252
Tim Grobaty: Rock acts once reigned at old Mari... (Jun '10) Sun harry king 4
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sun Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sun Facts facts 15,927
Monterey: Aircraft carrier USS Nimitz expected ... Jul 25 Margaret Smith 6
American Jews, other 'lone soldiers' serve Israel Jul 24 Elders of Zion 26
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••