Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,159

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#177217 Jan 25, 2013
Old Times wrote:
A famous Havana watering hole who's clients included Ernest Hemmingway and Frank Sinatra.
1918 Sloppy Joe’s is getting ready to reopen with air conditioning after having been closed since 1965.
Love to have a few there where Hemingway partied! It's on my bucket list.

Thanks out-of-towner!

P.S. Your town sucks.
Fargos

Monrovia, CA

#177218 Jan 25, 2013
FLEMINGTON, N.J.(CBSNewYork)— A New Jersey woman is lucky to be alive after catching a mysterious illness from a tick bite.

Anna Felix, 81, of Kingwood Township, said she feared her lymphoma had returned or she might have dementia when she started getting weak and confused and lost 30 pounds.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177219 Jan 25, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Color me very lucky. Last week, Tuesday afternoon to be specific, I hit some bumps coming into a turn in the rain. I was only going 35 (40mph zone) and the turn was not sharp at all. Back end stepped out, steering into the skid did nothing. Off roaded it sideways. Never good in a heavy 4WD pick up. Rolled it three times & had to be cut out. EMTs were amazed I was relatively unscathed. Backboarded anyway after they removed me with the giant can opener. The man in the car behind me said he didn't think a crew cab pickup could get that far off the ground... upside down. Total write off, not a straight bit of metal left apart from the bumpers. Amazingly enough the big plastic grill survived (2008 model if you're curious). The wheels adn tires survived it too! All I got was a separated shoulder, a few minor cuts, and a bruised rib (minor at that). the truck ended up on the wheels in the driveway of the yard I tore up. It looked as if I'd simply pulled in (except the cab was caved in). I stopped less than 10 feet from a telephone poll and a line of trees on the other side of the driveway.
Lucky bloody you. Glad to hear that you made out all right. I rolled a semi over when I had first started driving them, my 4th month, and i did it missing a mother and 2 newborns that she placed directly in front of my truck. Wasn't going to bed for the rest of my life seeing that in my mind, so I did the only possible thing. My first truck. I crawled out of it unscathed, as you did, only had to kick out the windshield, still ended up on the backboard before I realized that they done that to me, I asked if I had a choice in the matter, LOL, they said "yes, you have a choice", I was out of that thing within 10 seconds, LOL. First time I had ever rolled anything. Never forget that. Glad you are OK.
:-D
Try not to do that again...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177220 Jan 25, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>It's all a huge conspiracy! Topix is out to get you.
I don't believe you, it is completely fair, after all. rose gets to call people "b!tch" and things like that, and never gets banned, so how could it be a conspiracy ?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177221 Jan 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is just the standard bait and switch tactics used by people opposed to something like same sex marriage.
it is meaningless
Of course it is meaningless, you are the only ones entitled to have opinions..
Good News

Monrovia, CA

#177222 Jan 25, 2013
Saeed al-Shihri, a Saudi national who fought in Afghanistan and spent six years at Guantanamo Bay, was initially wounded in a missile attack in the southern city of Saada on Oct. 28, 2012.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177223 Jan 25, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Then why are you here, Goofy?
Because, Minnie Mouse, you are here. Where else do you offer yourself as a target for mockery ?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#177224 Jan 25, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is meaningless, you are the only ones entitled to have opinions..
YUK!YUK!YUK! Perfect response!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177225 Jan 25, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not always just two...
HEY LOOK !!! Chongo supports polygamy !
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177226 Jan 25, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, stupid, drawing up a contract won't automatically give you all the benefits of marriage.
It does, if you pay attention to details, dumb-ass !
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177227 Jan 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but a bigger point is, where is the religious freedom of the thousands of churches that do want to preform same sex marriages, why are their religious freedoms being denied?
"Ahem" Excuse me....But when did you start defending religion, as a valid point in the discussion of Prop 8 ? Seems to me (although I may be in error) that you have repeatedly dismissed religion as obsolete, and of no value in the definition of marriage.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177228 Jan 25, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"
Randy's Law: rose's law turns responsible parents into morons, just like magic...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#177229 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Because, Minnie Mouse, you are here. Where else do you offer yourself as a target for mockery ?
That Janey Doody is a particularly nasty little piece of work.

Good thing he's such a dope, makes him funny instead of just annoying.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#177230 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
"Ahem" Excuse me....But when did you start defending religion, as a valid point in the discussion of Prop 8 ? Seems to me (although I may be in error) that you have repeatedly dismissed religion as obsolete, and of no value in the definition of marriage.
YUK!YUK!YUK!

Big D defends religion when it suits his agenda!

Priceless!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177231 Jan 25, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I think people bring up the red herring of polygamy because they don't have a good argument against gay marriage. And they are hoping they can then attack the poster (not their arguments)as being bigoted, or hypocritical, or whatever.
ATTENTION: This entire post is a red herring, meant to undermine the validity of any opinion that doesn't match the managements views. Ignore it.

Thank you,
The Moral Members Of Society.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#177232 Jan 25, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I think people bring up the red herring of polygamy because they don't have a good argument against gay marriage. And they are hoping they can then attack the poster (not their arguments)as being bigoted, or hypocritical, or whatever.
Polygamy is marriage. It is not a fish.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#177233 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
HEY LOOK !!! Chongo supports polygamy !
I noticed that. Good for him/her.

But he/she still won't tell us- what about the children?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177234 Jan 25, 2013
Fargos wrote:
FLEMINGTON, N.J.(CBSNewYork)— A New Jersey woman is lucky to be alive after catching a mysterious illness from a tick bite.
Anna Felix, 81, of Kingwood Township, said she feared her lymphoma had returned or she might have dementia when she started getting weak and confused and lost 30 pounds.
But then, she moved to Santa Monica, changed her name to rose-no-ho, and started to post absolute drivel on web sites...finally succumbing to her dementia, but refusing to acknowledge the sad fact that she was insane.
rowdy love

San Diego, CA

#177235 Jan 25, 2013
My name is david johnson and I love my man mike cohen.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#177236 Jan 25, 2013
Anyone hear the one about the gay cowboy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Mandela 71,007
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 12 Alex Montgomery 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web