Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,713)

Showing posts 154,241 - 154,260 of199,070
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176823
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Just how am I wrong in the support of the overturning of Prop 8?
I know I am not wrong about it being made possible by the decline of the power of religion in America
I know I am not wrong that it doesn’t have anything to do with the other above mentioned subject you are obsessed about.
I know that nothing in prop 8 mentions anything about poly marriage either.( however the decline of religion in America may affect that issue also )
so how am I wrong in the support of the overturning of Prop 8?
By your hostile reactions and constant use of the Big D "you're a liar!" straw man, I assume you are against marriage rights for poly and you believe overturning prop 8 has no effect on poly.

Am I wrong? You have refused to state your position so far.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176824
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
Im pretty sure they were the crotcless variety. Dopey? Stealing lines from mikey again? Tisk Tisk.
No they weren't. You're losing your mind and hullicating! Is that why you are calling ratchet a flea bitten rat? To cover up a freudian slip?
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176825
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No they weren't. You're losing your mind and hullicating! Is that why you are calling ratchet a flea bitten rat? To cover up a freudian slip?
No, he looks like a flea bitten rat. And cats dont walk on their hind legs and wear crotchless pants. What kind of sick porno are you spreading around here?
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176826
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
No really, Rachet/God e-mailed me and told me that he does, and when the flea bit cat looks over and whispers it to the little robot dude. Its in there, you just have to listen.
Why does he look flea bitten? Freudian slip? And God doesn't tell wicked heathens like you! I am a prothet, God has given me the potential power of life and death!
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176827
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Gotta go for now Rachet/God is calling me on the phone!

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176828
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, Danth's Law.
Your "Mikey is a liar" straw man is so old and boring. It's just a cover for your lies.
All in all, your post was as usual, off topic and childish.
So let's get back to the topic!
Do you think the judge would have made the same decision if PROPOSITION EIGHT involved polygamy or incest marriage?
In the last 100 years has incest or polygamy marriage ever been legal in the state of Cali?. Is there a federial law,state law that also agrees with the U. S. Constitution that prohibits polgamy?

http://www.religioustolerance.org/polylaw.htm

State laws banning polygamy may be unconstitutional, since they are based primarily on moral grounds. In 2003, the U.S. Supreme Court issued a ruling in Lawrence v. Texas which might have some bearing on polygamy. The case involved two homosexual males who had been convicted of same-sex behavior in private. At the time, this was a criminal act in Texas
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176829
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he looks like a flea bitten rat. And cats dont walk on their hind legs and wear crotchless pants. What kind of sick porno are you spreading around here?
That thing behind him is his tail dimwit!

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176830
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how this is not off-topic before you complain about others being off topic :)
You hijack every thread and change it into anti God. I'm sure a lot of gay folks believe in a higher power, why is it so important for you to do that?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176831
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You hijack every thread and change it into anti God. I'm sure a lot of gay folks believe in a higher power, why is it so important for you to do that?
I do grant you that not all people of religion are the problem, only those that try and legislate their personal beliefs onto others.

Those are the anti-Americans we need to guard against.

I promise to never bring the subject up again, as long as no one else does. You don’t mention your religion, your God, your bible or your belief and how they apply to others, and neither will I. But if you are free to being up your religion…. So am I

The one exception to that is Mike, I will bring it up every time he brings up another off topic subject... but that is just for fun.
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176832
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
That thing behind him is his tail dimwit!
You pray to a flea bitten video game cat, and call me a dimwit?!!!LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL........ ..LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176833
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I do grant you that not all people of religion are the problem, only those that try and legislate their personal beliefs onto others.
Those are the anti-Americans we need to guard against.
I promise to never bring the subject up again, as long as no one else does. You don’t mention your religion, your God, your bible or your belief and how they apply to others, and neither will I. But if you are free to being up your religion…. So am I
The one exception to that is Mike, I will bring it up every time he brings up another off topic subject... but that is just for fun.
Strange weather we are having today out here on the bay. Leaden sky. It's gonna rain a little.

Woops! Now you have to make an exception and go off topic yet again with the god schtick! Sorry!
Cupcakes

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176835
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Same stupid posters from "out of towners" campers.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176837
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>In the last 100 years has incest or polygamy marriage ever been legal in the state of Cali?. Is there a federial law,state law that also agrees with the U. S. Constitution that prohibits polgamy?
http://www.religioustolerance.org/polylaw.htm
State laws banning polygamy may be unconstitutional, since they are based primarily on moral grounds. In 2003, the U.S. Supreme Court issued a ruling in Lawrence v. Texas which might have some bearing on polygamy. The case involved two homosexual males who had been convicted of same-sex behavior in private. At the time, this was a criminal act in Texas
Sure! The state of polygamy rights is way behind same sex but on the same path, there's no denying it. And there's no denying legalizing same sex marriage benefits poly rights.

This is good! Full marriage equality for everyone someday for sure!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176838
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the decline in the power of religion in America will be good for polygamy too?
I honestly don’t know …… maybe

because it both takes away the largest opponents , but also takes away the biggest advocate of it. Hard to say, time will tell I suppose.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176839
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange weather we are having today out here on the bay. Leaden sky. It's gonna rain a little.
Woops! Now you have to make an exception and go off topic yet again with the god schtick! Sorry!
LOL IM glad you are going to get off your Off-topic pedestal

I always liked the weather in the bay area, but I suppose I like it cooler than some do.

I lived there for 2 years ( military ) in my youth, but I do find a reason to go there once a year or so.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176840
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
You pray to a flea bitten video game cat, and call me a dimwit?!!!LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL........ ..LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!
I pray to no one else but God! Why does he look flea bitten? What about him looks flea bitten? Get that through your simple naive little head, SATANS DANCERS!!!!! SAAATTTTOOONN MUSTTT HAVVE FEELLL INNN LOOOVEEE WIIITTTTH YOOOUUU GGGOOOD GOOODD HOOOOOOOOOWWWWW?!??!?!W
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176841
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Cupcakes wrote:
Same stupid posters from "out of towners" campers.
Your town sucks.
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176842
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray to no one else but God! Why does he look flea bitten? What about him looks flea bitten? Get that through your simple naive little head, SATANS DANCERS!!!!! SAAATTTTOOONN MUSTTT HAVVE FEELLL INNN LOOOVEEE WIIITTTTH YOOOUUU GGGOOOD GOOODD HOOOOOOOOOWWWWW?!??!?!W
Rachet and that little robot dude have a real BROMANCE goin on there dont you think? He looks flea bitten because he is so skinny, maby he has the mange or scurvey or somthing. Just callin it as I see it buddy.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176843
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure! The state of polygamy rights is way behind same sex but on the same path, there's no denying it. And there's no denying legalizing same sex marriage benefits poly rights.
This is good! Full marriage equality for everyone someday for sure!
Good for you, now move on

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176844
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray to no one else but God! Why does he look flea bitten? What about him looks flea bitten? Get that through your simple naive little head, SATANS DANCERS!!!!! SAAATTTTOOONN MUSTTT HAVVE FEELLL INNN LOOOVEEE WIIITTTTH YOOOUUU GGGOOOD GOOODD HOOOOOOOOOWWWWW?!??!?!W
Which god, there must be over a thousand of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 154,241 - 154,260 of199,070
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••