Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,177

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#176838 Jan 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the decline in the power of religion in America will be good for polygamy too?
I honestly donít know ÖÖ maybe

because it both takes away the largest opponents , but also takes away the biggest advocate of it. Hard to say, time will tell I suppose.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#176839 Jan 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange weather we are having today out here on the bay. Leaden sky. It's gonna rain a little.
Woops! Now you have to make an exception and go off topic yet again with the god schtick! Sorry!
LOL IM glad you are going to get off your Off-topic pedestal

I always liked the weather in the bay area, but I suppose I like it cooler than some do.

I lived there for 2 years ( military ) in my youth, but I do find a reason to go there once a year or so.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#176840 Jan 23, 2013
Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
You pray to a flea bitten video game cat, and call me a dimwit?!!!LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL........ ..LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!
I pray to no one else but God! Why does he look flea bitten? What about him looks flea bitten? Get that through your simple naive little head, SATANS DANCERS!!!!! SAAATTTTOOONN MUSTTT HAVVE FEELLL INNN LOOOVEEE WIIITTTTH YOOOUUU GGGOOOD GOOODD HOOOOOOOOOWWWWW?!??!?!W
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#176841 Jan 23, 2013
Cupcakes wrote:
Same stupid posters from "out of towners" campers.
Your town sucks.
Rush

Columbus, NE

#176842 Jan 23, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray to no one else but God! Why does he look flea bitten? What about him looks flea bitten? Get that through your simple naive little head, SATANS DANCERS!!!!! SAAATTTTOOONN MUSTTT HAVVE FEELLL INNN LOOOVEEE WIIITTTTH YOOOUUU GGGOOOD GOOODD HOOOOOOOOOWWWWW?!??!?!W
Rachet and that little robot dude have a real BROMANCE goin on there dont you think? He looks flea bitten because he is so skinny, maby he has the mange or scurvey or somthing. Just callin it as I see it buddy.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#176843 Jan 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure! The state of polygamy rights is way behind same sex but on the same path, there's no denying it. And there's no denying legalizing same sex marriage benefits poly rights.
This is good! Full marriage equality for everyone someday for sure!
Good for you, now move on

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#176844 Jan 23, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Which god, there must be over a thousand of them.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#176845 Jan 23, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Good for you, now move on
No.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#176846 Jan 23, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Which god, there must be over a thousand of them.
Whichever one you hate most Fruitloops! We know which that one is! Jesus. Right?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#176847 Jan 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL IM glad you are going to get off your Off-topic pedestal
I always liked the weather in the bay area, but I suppose I like it cooler than some do.
I lived there for 2 years ( military ) in my youth, but I do find a reason to go there once a year or so.
Off topic.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#176848 Jan 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly donít know ÖÖ maybe
because it both takes away the largest opponents , but also takes away the biggest advocate of it. Hard to say, time will tell I suppose.
What's good for marriage equality is good for polygamy and incest marriage.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#176849 Jan 23, 2013
Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
Rachet and that little robot dude have a real BROMANCE goin on there dont you think? He looks flea bitten because he is so skinny, maby he has the mange or scurvey or somthing. Just callin it as I see it buddy.
No, they don't have any relationship, they are friends.

Anyway, I wouldn't define it as skinny anyway, slim, not skinny isn't it? What does being flea bitten have anything to do with this?

You think fleas carry diseases - YOU BIG JOKE GO TO HELL AND ROT THERE!

Since: Mar 07

Woodford, VA

#176850 Jan 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure! The state of polygamy rights is way behind same sex but on the same path, there's no denying it. And there's no denying legalizing same sex marriage benefits poly rights.
This is good! Full marriage equality for everyone someday for sure!
Most people can't count?

1=1=2

See. Not that hard.

But seriously, most polygamists seem to be straight deeply religious folks, so I think that the fact that straight couples can marry with impunity right now is the biggest boost to the legality of marrying multiples.

You don't hear many gay folks wanting to marry many at a time. Seems to be a religious fundamentalist heterosexual thing.

Since: Mar 07

Woodford, VA

#176851 Jan 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the anti-gay crowd is calling for polygamy and marrying close relatives. They seem to have a fascination with it.

Fortunately, their numbers are dwindling.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#176852 Jan 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
donít think you are looking at the entire picture, but you could be right. I donít claim to know.

Again the largest number of opponents and advocates are both in decline, I donít think it will come up as an actual issue myself, it might, but I would not bet on it.( I am a cautious gambler )

You can bet on same sex marriage becoming legal in more states, that is an easy bet.
I
Big D

Modesto, CA

#176853 Jan 23, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Which god, there must be over a thousand of them.
Billions... historically

There are some religions that claim each individual family has their own God
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#176854 Jan 23, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people can't count?
1=1=2
See. Not that hard.
But seriously, most polygamists seem to be straight deeply religious folks, so I think that the fact that straight couples can marry with impunity right now is the biggest boost to the legality of marrying multiples.
You don't hear many gay folks wanting to marry many at a time. Seems to be a religious fundamentalist heterosexual thing.
Most people can tell the difference between a man and a woman too Fruitcake.

Women are innies and men are outies! See. Not that hard.

But seriously there are gay polygamists. And being few in number is not a reason to deny equal rights is it?

Some polygamists are religious fundamentalists, again not a reason to deny them rights.
Rush

Columbus, NE

#176855 Jan 23, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they don't have any relationship, they are friends.
Anyway, I wouldn't define it as skinny anyway, slim, not skinny isn't it? What does being flea bitten have anything to do with this?
You think fleas carry diseases - YOU BIG JOKE GO TO HELL AND ROT THERE!
Uh first off, fleas do carry disease, and second of all if im dead and in hell I cant possibly rot there. In a casket, after a while I will rot. Just keepin it real for ya. If they are friends with benefits, that is still a relationship
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#176856 Jan 23, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the anti-gay crowd is calling for polygamy and marrying close relatives. They seem to have a fascination with it.
Fortunately, their numbers are dwindling.
Not true. There was an interesting article in the Advocate about gay poly. Touching story of several gay poly relationships. Will make you not so hateful towards poly maybe.

If it weren't for your hate against fundamentalists would you support poly? If only gay people wanted it would you support it?
dounle edged

Monrovia, CA

#176857 Jan 23, 2013
Now some terrorist-muslim asses is going to be shreaded, women in combat do not back down and they are ruthless.

Leon Panetta has removed the ban on women, and watch as they hard edged ladies parade the stupid MEN who fight aginst them around in a circle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Frijoles 71,090
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 12 Alex Montgomery 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web